PDA

View Full Version : Death-Shadow to be Jedi.

Sejah Haversh
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:09:50 PM
Okay, some of you might know, or at least know of my character of J'ktal Anajii, the Death-Shadow.

I have been considering bringing him to the Jedi Order for some time, but have held back because I have not used him much on this board. This board, that is.

I realize all too well that a character should be established and grown on oine board from a nobody, though they might have a few skills to speak of. But, here is my problem. J'ktal is a character I've had for nearly three years now, and is possibly one of my best thought-out characters, even beyond Sejah or Tevit. For me to start anew with him here would be quite difficult.

Those of you who know how fully I flesh out backgrounds and characteristics should appreciate the amount of thought and plannign I've put into my gray mongoose, and I hope that might be enough to convince you to let me come in with him with his full skill set at the current moment. What those skills are, I will explain, and please hear me out before replying, as I know this seems to be a tall order.

A Death-Shadow is a rank specific to Nehantish. For over three thousand years they have been at the peak of the military units, and only in the last hundred years have they allowed more than one to be titled Death-Shadow at a time. Currently there are about a hundred-fifty Nehntites that hold that rank, though there are subdivisions in that sect.

J'ktal is among the top ten. He's not the best, but he doesn't want the fame that the best entails. The Death-Shadow is many things, as well.

A soldier, spy, diplomat, assassin, advisor, pilot, scholar, and other similar duties. They are selected at birth for the role, and trained in groups of ten until one rises to the top. Often, many die or are severely injured in the training, and have to drop out. While during training, they live together, with minimal family contact, and have daily drilling and teaching sessions. Their life is devoted to training and becoming the next master of their lifestyle, and fun is something often foreign to them. One usually graduates from this form of training beteween the ages of 20 and 22. J'ktal was appointed as a Shadow at the age of 18, and became a full Death-Shadow at the age of 21.

If anything, they are cold, and often seem emotionless. But that isn't to say they can't feel. J'ktal has been married, and lost his wife and son in a tragic fire. He has also lost his left arm in a trainign accident, and had it bionically replaced, using most of his own tissue, and a mechanical inner frame system. His left eye alsu suffered damage in that accident, and is a cybernetic protthesis as well, though he paid for a few advancments. Such as slight telescopic vision (it rather sucks, and only offers a 2X view and he has to close his right eye) infrared detection (same problem), and a form of digital camera. While he was at it, he added an implant into his left ear that can allow him to amplify sound, background noise and all. The only other real change he made to himself was an implant in his left arm (the cybernetic one) that allows him to link to a data system, and also control parts of his ship through thought rather than hand manipulation. When hooked up like that, a signal can be patched into his false eye that sort of gives a "heads up display", but can be quite confusing in some cases.

He seldom uses any of his devices, and is often a bit too prefessional, but I think he might make an interesting Jedi, and I'd like to bring him in if I were allowed to keep his past and his trainign intact. I promise I won't go and GM anybody with it, and I will keep common sense and logic at the forefront of my mind while I write with him as I always do with my characters.

I hope that my use of Sejah has been enough to show you that I think of a lot of depth for my characters before I use them, and I appreciate good RPing above super-skills, or cool looking characters.

Thanks for listening, and I'll respect your judgement on this one, though I still may argue my points as we all would.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:11:44 AM
I sort of got halfway through that post. I dotn need to see a justification, all I needed was to see your name beside the character. It's all Fine by me.

Figrin D'an
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:06:37 AM
I guess, given that this is related to potential IC dealings, we should have the council vote on it. From an admin perspective, I don't see a problem with it, though.

You'd still be going through the same processes that anyone else would when entering a new character as a Jedi, it's just that this one happens to have a very well documented background and is more skilled than your typical Jedi candidate. (This is my understanding, please correct me if this assumption is wrong.) In that regard, I don't see any issue.

Sejah Haversh
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:13:01 AM
I fully expect that J'ktal will start at the bottom of the stack as all Padawans do, andI feel nothing should be owed to him because of his background, or any special treatment should be shown to him because of my playing of Sejah.

I'm not asking to have him come in as a super-paddy, but as one with many skills to be reckond with, though none of them Force abilities. He also knows the value of humility, so don't worry about too much pride from him, either.

And, I'll agree with the Council vote, as long as the Council is willing to take it to a vote.

Oriadin
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:35:11 AM
I can see no reason as to why this wouldnt be allowed. I mean, its logical that his abilities and skills are heightend because he is force sensitive.

If the GJO were a real place then surely, every once in a while someone of J'ktal's ability would be recruited.

EDIT: Plus I think we all know that this character will be RPed fairly and without GMdin

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:33:17 AM
You guy's let my idea for a char in, I think Sejah's is even better and more deserving than mine. Won't hear any objections from me.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:04:27 AM
Sejah=the shiz. He's a fair RPer, and the wielder of the Common Sense Nunchaku. I say let him have his Death-Shadow Jedi.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:41:26 AM
I agree. We all pretty much know that you're not going to do GMing with it, and I'm in favor of bringing him in. :)

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:43:26 AM
No complaints from me :D

Sanis Prent
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:11:22 AM
:thumbup

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2003, 02:07:10 PM
I feel like usin dirty words right now.

We'd be fuckn' stupid if we said no.

Sejah Haversh
Mar 12th, 2003, 02:37:41 PM
Hey, no subvertin' the gosh-darned swear filter.

Heh, so, can I take this as a yes?

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:14:26 PM
YES! NOW GO POST SO I CAN RECRUIT HIM, DAMMIT! :)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:04:10 PM
I'm not subverting the filter. Its not here, and this is GJO's playground. We aren't necceserily bound by SWF rules.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:13:33 PM
I read that as sarcasm. But then, I'ma sarcastic guy. ::shrugs::

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:26:42 PM
We need a sarcasm tag. =p

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:33:29 PM
:lol Oh, that's a great idea! Like that, ne? :lol

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:44:24 PM
Yesh. Exactly like that.

But you have to take into account I'm stupid sometimes.

AmazonBabe
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:04:26 PM
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. A silly goon, maybe... but not stupid. :: Huggles the Morg :: :)

And I say go for it, Sejah. :)

James Prent
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:05:16 AM
Sejah I told you this already but YES GO FOR IT I LOVE THE IDEA WOOOOOOO!

Tony Maxwell
Mar 14th, 2003, 05:49:23 PM
sounds cool sejah

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:58:24 PM
You can make a death-shadow ONLY if I can make a life-sunbeam character... bright yellow robes, happyface bandana, squirt gun instead of a lightsaber... PHEAR ME! :D

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:57:05 PM
The squirt gun needs to be bright lime green neon color. :)

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 15th, 2003, 03:52:24 PM
yes, and she drives a yellow VW rabbit.