PDA

View Full Version : Dragoon

Zeke
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:11:37 PM
I'm trying to recruit the guy, but it's hella difficult. The guy comes off more as a psycho than as a potential Jedi Padawan. Read this thread and someone tell me what he's doing, if it makes sense, and give some advice on what to do with him.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27986

All I can muster for this guy is a big WTF.

Clay Dennatta
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:26:57 PM
Ya i already sparred the guy, and he makes himself out to be some big shot knight from some other realm. Destiny is some kind of actual person and im confused as to where he is going with it seeing as how it has nothing whatsoever to do with Star Wars. I kind of hoped he would have changed his whole thing a little before he tried to join but i thought wrong. And after i saw his last post i had the same reaction....WTF is wrong with him......I really have not adivce seeing as how he is making his character some completey fantasy based character. Its kind of freaking me out cause i have talked to him over AIM and he was like well when you become a Knight will you train me and i was all like yes, now i don't know if i want to anymore...

Zeke
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:34:22 PM
You don't gotta if ya don't wanna. PM me this guys AIM, btw. I'd like to have a word with him.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:43:44 PM
Ansatsu.

Hope that explains things.

Zeke
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:48:22 PM
Well now...just as I suspected...it's him. I called this one...I so called this one, from reading his first post in the Bar and Grill. Only he could come up with something THIS ridiculous...See our dreams? He'd have been more accurate if he'd displayed Zeke's dreams as a bunch of girls surrounding his box. Jeez.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:13:02 AM
-_-

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:15:32 AM
-_-

I agree, Marcus. I was keeping my eye on him and when Clay (my Padawan) went to spar him, I was going to say "no" but decided he needed experience -- til I found out WHAT kind of experience he was getting.

This guy is whacked and indeed, he is coming off like a bigshot Knight of some sort like he could kick everyone's asses or something. :grumble Think someone needs to set him in his place. :\

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:16:59 AM
For real. What do I tell the guy? To tone down his power, write a backstory? More importantly at the moment, how do I accept him? He hasn't given me any reason AT ALL to let him into GJO. Zeke's totally convinced he used to live in the cell across from Yuu-huu.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:22:02 AM
I just posted OOC to his acceptance thread. The only way to get it across to him is be blunt and so I was. I'm sick of walking on eggshells to make people happy. If he doesn't like the way I put it to him, too bad. We don't have to accept someone who doesn't give us a reason to.

Out of all the time I've spent recruiting people in the RC (a year now) I've never seen a more wacked out story. :rolleyes

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:25:26 AM
I was gonna post this in response to his post where he "shows Zeke his dreams"...I believe it's post 5, before Alpha joined in.

"You come from a dream world? Oh, like that movie 'The Neverending Story', right!? I saw that once," Zeke says with a grin of recognition. "The Rock Biter was frikkin cool."

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:27:51 AM
:lol

That'll only encourage his stupidity though. :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:32:58 AM
Wait wait wait... he sees other people's dreams?

I could accept that if its a Jedi Master or something. I could accept a small bit as an untrained peon. But full on as a peon? Nope. And consdering he's been id'ed, I'm not even goign to bother reading that thread. I only have so many brain cells that can be sacrificed to read crap - I've used the ones to spare up.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:35:41 AM
Oh yeah, he's even got some special set of "dream balls" or something. What -- doesn't he have any so he's gotta "dream 'em up?!" :lol

Anywho -- I won't tolerate his crap anymore. He's done himself in with all of his other nonsense characters. :grumble

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:36:09 AM
That post I quoted to you guys has a higher chance of offending him than encouraging him...he's being serious here, and he thinks he's finally got a really cool, really impressive story that'll get him the respect and kindness he THINKS he deserves. It's why I'm hesitant to just flat tell him "No, this won't work. Go think of something else or rework this story." He's got it all figured out for himself already, and he's convinced this is the greatest thing he's ever done, and that it'll be a big success. He's got his hopes up high on this one.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:38:38 AM
:eek

The best he can do??? I'd hate to see the worst then!!!!! :lol

OMG, That's an aweful story, no offense (well, okay -- offense intended) :lol Man -- I would tell him "no" to acceptance to the Order -- but that's my bias opinion worth about 2cents American currency. :lol

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:41:13 AM
I'm not biased either for or against him, and I'm all for turning him away and having him try again later.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:42:31 AM
Dream balls????

Sheesh.

Zekey dude, can you handle him? You have that touch of diplomacy that I dont have right now. (Okay, I never had).

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:43:02 AM
:lol

I am too -- though I'd rather him find a waaaay better story and stop thinking he's going to gain popularity here by having something good. He's not! :\ Plain and simple -- respect is earned, not given out like candy.

(I'm not very diplomatic either, but I think the post I made in his thread was a good one) :)

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:45:49 AM
I can try to take care of it Marcus. I suppose I'll work out this dream thing first OOC...I've done some stuff like this with his Ansatsu character, by using Kwiet as an excuse to hammer that Fuma bullshit he's got into something worth using, and as Armaiil I dictate what his bionics can/cannot do, so I think I can clear up both characters...we'll just have to see, ne?

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:46:53 AM
Indeed -- hope my post says something to him to like, "REALITY CHECK!"

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:49:17 AM
Just leave Zeeky Boogie Doog to fix him up Xaz'. I'll let dilomacy take a chance before a smiting.

BTW Xaz, you know you God-Moded against yourself?

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:52:26 AM
Yeah, it's a reality check, Xaz. I think I'll wait until he sees it and sends me the inevitable "OMG, did you see what she said" AIM message, let him vent, then start helping him to make it into something that works. :\ Not looking forward to it, but it's gotta be done...um...how does one Godmode against oneself? o_O

Sejah Haversh
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:39:56 AM
*whips the C.S.N. (Common Sense Nunchakau) around in a blur then catches one end under his arm and does the patented Bruce Lee monkey howl*

I wish I could have a crack at him. I've been itching to use this weapon for a while now...

Sage Hazzard
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:47:46 AM
Wow Xaz'... harsh. But it had to be done.

This dude needs to get straightened out. I guess we could TRY deplomacy. But I have the feeling if he somehow gets into the GJO, by playing to what he figures we want to hear, he'll just go back to the old way once he gets in. Like, he'll can the whole crap because he wants to get in, but then will open it back up when he is accepted. Urgh...

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:00:13 AM
I'm gonna try to prevent it, Sage. When I went to bed last night I just sat there for an hour trying to think of ways around this dream bit he's got going on, and work it to a point where it would be an acceptable thing. Didn't get real far, considering I know almost nothing of the character, but I've got an idea. A vague, disjointed idea, but an idea nonetheless.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:41:36 AM
me.head.hurts.

>_<

unfortunately, I tend to agree with sage. hopefully zeke's idea will work

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:31:39 PM
We've already had to can one of his account's access due to drama and BS.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:36:34 PM
Which one's that? Tomak or Ansatsu? And what access did we can? This is news to me.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:37:41 PM
probably both o_O

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:42:31 PM
Both, because both had access at one point.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:12:28 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Just leave Zeeky Boogie Doog to fix him up Xaz'. I'll let dilomacy take a chance before a smiting.

BTW Xaz, you know you God-Moded against yourself?

I did? AGAINST MYSELF?? :lol Whoa -- don't recall, I know I'm not perfect if that's what you're getting at.

When did I do this??? o_O

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:12:52 PM
Aha. Just making sure. I figure while I'm handling the Fuma/bionics deal with Ansatsu and the dream thing with Dragoon, I might as well try and clear up any other problems people have with the guy.

Sanis Prent
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:45:28 PM
Spores. He has spores in his legs that disperse when he kicks, and apparently "cut up the lungs".

W. T. F.

Is he a mushroom now?

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:51:20 PM
They're like little bits of barbed wire...he wanted them to be poisonous, but I shot that down since it'd probably get him and Kwiet too. So I went for airborne nanomachines instead. They're stopped easily enough; that ridiculous scarf he wears is more than enough protection from them. Mr. Happy's bandana around his face will stop them. Are they a problem like this dream thing? Or are you just ridiculing him?

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:25:10 PM
What's the point? Does he even know what a spore is?

I mean FFS, me and Wei were on a roll until this mess.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:36:21 PM
Yeah, I was real pissed off to see him butt in. Not to downplay your character's strength Charley, but I think Wei is more than a match for any apprentice level character on these boards. Ansatsu's appearance there is superficial.

He just IMed over the recruitment thread. I've got him to explain Destiny, his origin, and the reasons for having a dream-walking/watching power. He's going to post it. I'm not sure what to make of it all; I've never seen or heard of such a situation as this. If people would please post any criticisms they have of him HERE FIRST, I would appreciate it. The purpose is that I can help to iron out this character a bit more.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:49:05 PM
I never said that Mr. Happy was anywhere near Wei's power. What he is, however, is unconventional.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:52:23 PM
Yeah, it's awesome. Wei's gonna hafta think outside the box to win. I think Wei knows it too. But if Ansatsu keeps on with his straightforward fighting antics...you're gonna school his sorry ass. :)

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:37:16 PM
I think it's quite possible for an Apprentice level person to take Wei or anyone else for that matter -- depending on what they do. Marcus has stated it before that a Padawan could pull off something absolutely shocking and catch a Master by surprise.

*shrugs*

Simply I don't buy this dream shtuff and I think it's a bunch of BS IMO. He needs to get reality figured out. I'm in an AP Psychology class and we learned all about dreaming and stuff -- dreams are not materialistic in the real world and I would assume the same goes for SW. This is one frelled theory. And I agree with Charley -- does he even know what a spore is????? :rolleyes

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:45:35 PM
He may, he may not, but I think he calls them spores because he can't think of a better way to describe them.

How does this sound. Instead of being born of dreams, Dragoon's just a regular guy with an obsession. He thinks dreams mean something, and is interested in studying them. His strengths could be a form of mind reading or illusion concerning the dreams of a sleeping person.

For example, if Zeke is asleep and he's dreaming of a fight with Ogre, Dragoon would read Zeke's mind. By knowing Zeke's thoughts, he could know what Zeke is dreaming, and then using a mind trick, twist the thoughts/dreams to his will. So if Zeke is dreaming of a fight with Ogre, and Zeke dreams that he's losing, Dragoon could use mind tricks to change Zeke's dream so that he defeats Ogre.

Did I lose anyone, or do you guys follow that? o_O

Clay Dennatta
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:49:13 PM
He does need some ironing out, but i agree with Xaz', the whole dream thing is just stupid now. That and he has been explaining....well...actually...trying to explain the background and it sounds too farfeched for SW. I was trying to go with it at first and now i just don't know. No matter i say about changing it a bit and well, telling him to stop trying to be all that he just dosen't get it. But anyways thats just my opinion.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:51:50 PM
That is too powerful for a n00b, Zeke -- good attempt though. I don't think it fair if he comes in with a power greater than our Knights may possess. I don't even mess with the dream realm, save for when one asks Xazor to help interperate -- but she can do that, she is a mentalist.

I just hope he's not one of those to turn out like I originally did -- being good at everything. This dream thing is really pushing it and I still say no.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:55:19 PM
There isn't a single problem in this thread that is new to the individual in question. He has abandoned at least two other characters of his regarding GJO membership for almost identical reasons as being discussed now.<ul> God Modish character (too powerful for a new character)
Outlandish/extravagant abilities
Ideas beyond the scope of fitting into the SW realm[/list]

Clay Dennatta
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:58:08 PM
Yes, exactly my point, thank god someone can say it in a way we all understand, seeing as how there is no way i can. Even though i have no say in anything, I still say No. :)

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 05:06:29 PM
Originally posted by Xazor Elessar
That is too powerful for a n00b, Zeke -- good attempt though.

I didn't mean that he arrives with that kind of power. I mean that this is a more believable version of what he's trying to do. He will have to gain the power over time, as we all have. Though at the moment, I don't see why he couldn't claim a very powered down version of mind reading, which he cannot control. The basis of this is telepathy after all.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 06:35:03 PM
Indeed Zeke (and thanks for explaining Mr.Net :)) , but my point is -- is that the whole dream thing is outlandish in a whole anyway. It's ridiculous if you ask me (and I'm sure others agree).

It has nothing to do with the scope of the SW universe, as was previously stated, and to be quite frank -- it is too stupid to work. If this is the best he can come up with, have someone else write his background history and make him live with it. Either that, or tell him to think of something else!

I would have no complaint if he came with the intention of being a Seer, but this is not even touching upon that subject at all. The whole dream thing just doesn't work. It just doesn't.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 06:45:54 PM
Not even the illusory/mind reading power I've proposed? Is that too out there to work?

imported_Marcus
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:07:25 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
There isn't a single problem in this thread that is new to the individual in question. He has abandoned at least two other characters of his regarding GJO membership for almost identical reasons as being discussed now.<ul> God Modish character (too powerful for a new character)
Outlandish/extravagant abilities
Ideas beyond the scope of fitting into the SW realm[/list]

Agreed

He may, he may not, but I think he calls them spores because he can't think of a better way to describe them.

How does this sound. Instead of being born of dreams, Dragoon's just a regular guy with an obsession. He thinks dreams mean something, and is interested in studying them. His strengths could be a form of mind reading or illusion concerning the dreams of a sleeping person.

Up to now, that's fine IMO

For example, if Zeke is asleep and he's dreaming of a fight with Ogre, Dragoon would read Zeke's mind. By knowing Zeke's thoughts, he could know what Zeke is dreaming, and then using a mind trick, twist the thoughts/dreams to his will. So if Zeke is dreaming of a fight with Ogre, and Zeke dreams that he's losing, Dragoon could use mind tricks to change Zeke's dream so that he defeats Ogre.

As a Master, yes. As a n00b? Nu. Interestign idea tho. Worth looking at. I could see it being done in Star Wars. Memories can be implanted in real life and you can be made to think you dreamed / remembered somethign when you didn't. So.... bit of work, I dont see a real issue if it done right. BUT..... can he do it right?

You see, While he is a snotrag in my opinion, if he cleans up his act, I'm fine with him. I'm only jerked off when he tries a crawl job or does as Mr SWFans stated. Then, he's so stupid, it drives me to wonder what I can do to smite him.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:15:50 PM
Ok...I'll shoot this version of his dream ablities by him. However, I won't let him post that he has the abilities in your last quote now. If he wants, he can have a little bit of experience with telepathy or mind tricks, as they form the basis of what the power will be. But not both, and not to the degree I mentioned in the last quote. Sound good?

Xazor Elessar
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:29:16 PM
That's still unfair in my eyes -- to start off with mind tricks/illusions/ and telepathy. :grumble

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:33:39 PM
Hm...seems I'm not being clear. Been havin' this problem all day. (It's me, not you guys). I mean he could claim that sometimes, when he walks near a person, he can hear their thoughts through the Force, which is acting on it's own and not under his control. An example would be Hadrian Invicta. He has undeveloped abilities as a seer, but he can't control them. The Force shows him visions of its own accord, not because he's trying. Am I making sense, or still no? :\

imported_Marcus
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:41:52 PM
I dont really see the problem as long as it's un developed and very weak.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:45:11 PM
All I needed to know. Now I've got something to present him when next I see him. Thanks guys for the help. Now let's hope he'll cooperate with me...

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:34:31 PM
GOOD NEWS! He's accepted this compromise I've drawn up. He accepts starting at a low level and building his skill, and is actually quite excited about it. I think this whole thing turned out rather well. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:14:58 PM
I tell that kid so many times that his ideas would be wonderful if he would choose a universe outside of Star Wars to set them up in.

I loved the Piano Recital thread. I finally was about to come up with the answer to the whole forced laughter bit, and he busts on in. I was like, "Dude, I love you like you were my brother and all, but he asked for one padawan, and I gave him one padawan. You shouldn't have posted."

He was just trying to help me out. But I was really being challenged in that thread. I feel like I was really becoming a better RPer because of it.

Mr. Happy and Wei must rematch very soon.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:50:44 PM
Well, that hearing thoughts bit is okay with me. Is that what you're suggesting Zeke? That he can hear thoughts, but just can't control them or lower the volume? Like it's uncontrollable? That was done with a character in a SW EU book wasn't it? A guy who had to live in a deserted city on Bespin, simply because he couldn't take having to hear everyone's thoughts all the time. Might be okay. It's not like he can control his focus on them. Plus, unless he's isolated with someone, it'd be like static. So many personalities and thoughts in his head, it'd be torture.

The bending dreams part is okay I suppose. When you're asleep you're under suggestion, aren't you? It'd be believeable that you could enter into someone's dreams. But controlling them or even truely seeing them is a little out there. Though hypnotists can give you hypnotic suggestions when you're in a succeptable state. But it'd have to be weak. And I'd think he could only have an idea of the person's dreams. Not see it in full color and imagery. Maybe only get the emotions or few spare words in the dream? And it could increase over time.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:04:44 PM
Your first paragraph is exactly what I'm suggesting. The second one can be built upon as his training goes and his character is developed. :)

Sage Hazzard
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:07:51 PM
Well then I don't really have a problem with him, as long as he doesn't go all god mode once he's accepted.

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:14:53 PM
I'll see that he doesn't. I'm pretty sure he knows he's walking a tight rope here. I'll watch him anyways though. :)