PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid-have-nothing-else-better-to-do people!

AmazonBabe
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:10:54 PM
Ok, so I wanted to go out for lunch today cause it's such a nice day, and sometimes you just wanna get out of the office and away from work. Gives you a nice break in the day.

Well... screw THAT idea!

There are a bunch of protestors (yes, against the war) outside of Raytheon (yes, the company makes various products for use in war, hence the protestors), clammering and blocking various exits to the company. It's a mess out there to say the least, what with ppl trying to come back from meetings or go to meetings (my supervisor just saw her supervisor running across the parking lot... gawd only knows where he was able to park his car after coming back from a meeting at another building), police, and yuppy-hippie-wannabes, so I guess I'll have to stay indoors and go have my lunch at the cafeteria.

:grumble

Well, at least the caf's food isn't bad. It's actually pretty good.

:: :headbash damn protestors ::

:\

(BTW, there should be a RANT tag. :p)

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:18:00 PM
When this happens at the university, I pack a banana, go to the quad, and pull out my counter-protest signs. Boy, those hippy wackos get MAD when somebody tries to protest and don't share their views :D

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:28:13 PM
:lol

AmazonBabe
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:28:17 PM

I'd LOVE to see something like that!

I swear, I half expect to see them wearing ti-dyed shirts and flowers in their hair. It's the 60's-70's all over again (and here I was so glad I'd missed those eras |I)

It's funny how ppl turn around so quickly. After 9/11, they were all for war against terrorists. And in a sense, the war we'd be fighting now would be against potential terrorists. But apparently, the protestors can't see this and if we don't take care of this potential threat, then there could be another repeat of 9/11 or worse.

Just irritates me at their narrow-mindedness and short-sitedness into the potential future.

Figrin D'an
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:31:34 PM
I want to work for Raytheon.... :(

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:33:50 PM
If I was there, and didn't care about getting fired, and just wanted to be mean, I'd make a big sign that read WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAMPLE SOME OF RAYTHEON'S FINE PRODUCTS? and walk around with that >D

AmazonBabe
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:34:06 PM
Fig - So you can be trapped in my protestors? :p

Sanis - :lol:lol:lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd so be there with my camera!

Seriously though, it's a good company. They make MISSLES! (And various other parts for the Apache helicopters and other stuffs). :D

Figrin D'an
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:36:53 PM
No, because they're a good company to work for, and it would be a hella cool way to use my engineering skillz.

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:38:26 PM
What do you do for a living?

(in a monotonic, Christopher Lambert voice) "I sit in a tower all day, and devise new, ingenious ways to cause things to explode."

AmazonBabe
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:40:37 PM
Have you sent in your resume via their website, Fig? Something might pop up and you could get a job there still. Ya never know. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:47:16 PM
Actually, Akrabbim got me into the fine art of counter-protesting. SETA (Students for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) slapped a red sticker onto a stop sign on campus, so that instead of the sign saying "STOP", it now said "STOP EATING ANIMALS". So, he found a friend who made similar labels, and in the black of night, he slapped an additional sticker on the stop sign, so that it read "STOP EATING ANIMALS WITHOUT SEASONING".

I'm currently waiting for a new SETA rally, so that I can attend with 2 buckets of KFC, and eat them slowly and with overdramatized pleasure, in a manner they can't ignore.

Protestors never understand that, the same free speech they're operating under, also allows me to make fun of them :D

Morgan Evanar
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:48:53 PM
Urrgggh. I never was all for the "War on Terror." At least not the way we're going about it. Politics aside, it blows that you're being incovienced.

These people should spend their time writing letters to their Congressfolk instead of incoviencing you.

AmazonBabe
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:51:33 PM
I'm currently waiting for a new SETA rally, so that I can attend with 2 buckets of KFC, and eat them slowly and with overdramatized pleasure, in a manner they can't ignore.

How bout if I join ya while wearing a mink coat (lol... like I have the funds to even BUY a mink coat)? Of course, even wearing a fake fur coat, you could still say it's real, and watch them beat you up, and then they find out it's fake, and then watch you rake in the cash after the lawsuit, so that THEN you COULD afford a real mink coat. :lol >D

Politics aside, it blows that you're being incovienced.

This is true. I mean, I understand they have a right to protest. It's all part of that "free speech" thing. But to have to inconvenience someone in the process really urks me. :mad

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:54:04 PM
Thats so devious, it just might work!

Yeah, I wish I could make a loincloth out of spotted owl or something. Or panda. Yeah...:)

They need to make one of those whack-a-mole games, but with seals instead :) That would be awesome.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:59:26 PM
:lol that's so messed up....

Figrin D'an
Mar 11th, 2003, 02:07:15 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
Have you sent in your resume via their website, Fig? Something might pop up and you could get a job there still. Ya never know. :)

I actually hadn't looked at their website in a while... seems they have a pretty decent online job agent system now, so I'll throw my info into the mix. It used to be just a cut-and-paste resume system... those are just blah.

It's worth a shot, I guess.

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:17:23 PM
lol Sanis, that Stop Sign Sticker thing reminds me of a simpsons halloween episode.

How to Cook Humans...
Space Dust!
How to Cook For Humans
Space Dust
How to Cook Forty Humans
etc.

lol... good times...

Protestors are crazy people, they will beat you with a "Make Peace, Not War" Sign in the blink of an eye...

AmazonBabe
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:17:33 PM
but with seals instead

Where's my club?????????

(Actually, in WC2 & WC3, they have seals in the winter settings... and you can club em!! :lol)

Fig: Go for it. Hope you get something awesome. :)

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:20:43 PM
People protest over rats... I seen em! They say killing a human is better then killing a Rabbit also! I say, club the protestors, and make THEM into... Wait, that just gross... club them and feed them to hungry animals.

Psst, LV, games? Tonight? Eh?

Lady Vader
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:52:16 PM
Gah! Tonight's not my night. :cry You'll have to catch me tomorrow as that will be my night. :)

(:lol Perhaps you should start writing in your calenders when my nights are to keep track of em. :p)

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:09:54 PM
*writes down in calander*

Tomorrow night is now called LV's Night.

Gotcha.

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Mar 12th, 2003, 02:10:35 AM
Well, technically its tomarrow's yesterday now

Lady Vader
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:29:41 AM
*Blinks*

Ok, now that confused me... O_o

And, yes, tonight's MY night. It belongs to ME and no one else! So... THERE!

*Puts a sticky on tonight that says LV's night*

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:05:45 PM
HOOORAY FOR LV'S NIGHT!! :crack

:crack