PDA

View Full Version : No Angel

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:39:23 AM
She walked slowly through the darkened halls, her eyes not really looking to her right or left. Her robes trailed behind her along with her silvery hair, swishing just barely as she walked.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:39:39 AM
"You are unfamiliar." Came the voice of Miranda in a confident yet inquisitive manner, as she stepped out from the shadows behind the woman.

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:19:01 PM
Renesa turned her head slightly to look at the speaker.

"Well I just got here..."

Her eyes were cold and her tone emotionless.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:53:02 PM
"And why are you here?" Miranda noted how apathetic this woman was and her curiosity began to heighten.

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 02:06:41 PM
"Why else?"

There wasn't much that drew a living being to here, so there could only be one reason for her being there.

Sol Invictus
Mar 11th, 2003, 03:07:59 PM
"It should be obvious, Mistress Dunleavy, that this woman is to be the newest addition to our ranks."

Sol smirks.

"Though by the palor of her skin, she may as well already be a vampyre. Her flesh is as a pale as yours and mine."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 03:11:45 PM
There was a slight cling as she moved her fingers underneath her robes, a long claw on each one was there.

"I don't spend much time out during the day, much more happens in the night."

Her ruby red eyes looked to the other speaker.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 11th, 2003, 08:59:02 PM
She looked at Sol and sighed inwardly, yet spoke simply when responding. "That's not what I was getting at, my dear Sol. I was wondering the specific reason as to why she is here."

Her eyes shifted back to Renesa, "And you're right. The night does bring about quite a seductive and eventful existence. But there has to be more reason then that to become one of the Damned. I wanted to know why you were here 'to join our ranks' as Sol put it

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:07:00 PM
"Same reason any other has I would assume."

She said quietly, her eyes looking to the other's, the same flat look as before.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:15:44 PM
At that response, Miranda couldn't help but narrow her eyes. Her nostrils flared with a retort. "I highly doubt that."

Her voice was thick and cold like ice but it wasn't Renesa's fault. She had no idea that Miranda was turned against her will.

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:21:57 PM
Renesa blinked a few times, not understanding, the dull clink heard again as her fingers moved, she was unsure of how to proceed.

Sol Invictus
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:32:26 PM
"Is something amiss, Mistress Dunleavy?"

Sol doesn't have to sense her body with the Force to know that something about this entire situation is irking the vampyre woman, and he's certain it's not the annoying vagueness with which the newcomer speaks. He doesn't wait for MIranda to answer, and turns back to Renesa.

"Do you have a name? And why is it that your fingers have been replaced with claws of metal?"

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:37:28 PM
"Renesa Senaria..."

She moves her hands out from under her robe and slides one claw off, showing a normal finger.

"And they aren't replaced as you can see, just slid over, a weapon of my old clan."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:40:16 PM
She remained quiet, letting Sol take over the questioning. Miranda was still stewing over this woman's lack of foresight.

Sol Invictus
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:46:16 PM
"Aha. I see."

Sol is a bit miffed at being wrong, but quickly shoves the emotion aside.

"You say you wish to be a vampyre for 'Same reason any other would'...and what reason would that be? I can think of several...let's see if we're on the same page."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:03:54 PM
"My reason are my own."

Her claws clinked again, remembering older days before looking back up at the others once more.

Sol Invictus
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:40:15 PM
Her own...meaning she doesn't want to share them or, more likely, that she has no reason.

"Don't do this on a whim, young'un. You will have a solid reasoning for becoming one of our kind, or you will not be a vampyre at all. We have no use for half-hearted whippersnappers."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:44:06 PM
She didn't want to just share her reasoning with anyone, her secrets were her own just as they were with anyone else, besides her life didn't need to be aired to just anyone.

"There is nothing half hearted about me, I commit to what I do wholeheartedly."

Sol Invictus
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:02:33 AM
"I have yet to see proof of this."

The old man folds his arms contemptuously. This woman's vague words are finally starting to irritate him.

"You will gain nothing by hiding information. I will have it eventually, this is inevitable. I can assure you that you'd rather tell me, than say...my master, Valirion. He is less patient than I, and would have flayed you alive for your previous answers."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:06:44 AM
Memories of the past flashed through her mind, she was the sole survivor of her clan, because of this she was dead inside.

"My people are dead and my life went with them. I am dead inside so why not make it so with others almost like myself?"

Sol Invictus
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:07:31 AM
She wants to replace her old family with a new, vampiric one? At least, that's how Sol understands her statement.

"Your people? Who were they?"

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:23:09 AM
Her patience was running thin with this one. It was a reminder as to why she enjoyed being a recluse here. Though, if Renesa continue down this road of vagueness and half answered questions, perhaps she would make herself use full by becoming a delectable meal for Miranda.

Now that brought chiseled a smile in her stoic expression.

Renesa Senaria
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:34:28 PM
"A hunter group, killed while I was away another job, none of them survived."

Her eyes lowered, trying to block the memories from resurfacing.

Sol Invictus
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:56:10 AM
"Do you know who killed your clan?"

A new motive for her as arisen in Sol's mind; vengeance.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:47:16 AM
The pain was still quite prevalent in Renesa's voice and her body language. Miranda wondered if the girl realized that when one became Damned, emotions were exponentially heightened. Every waking hour, in some form or another, memories and feelings would consume her soul ........

Renesa Senaria
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:43:18 PM
Renesa shook her head.

"No idea, all that was there when I got there was my clan's bodies."

She often thought about it though, wondering what she could have done had she known but alas she knew nothing.

Sol Invictus
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:55:15 PM
Then perhaps not vengeance...or...maybe...

"Do you believe that with the power gained from becoming a vampyre, that you will be able to find out who killed your clan?"

Renesa Senaria
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:59:45 PM
"Not likely, it's been a few months since it happened. I followed the trail till it ended, there's nothing more to track."

Her claws clinked together again, wondering why he kept asking the same question but a little differently each time.

Sol Invictus
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:17:06 PM
The purpose is that eventually, he will find what he wants to know.

"What clues were left for you to follow? Where did the trail go cold?"

Renesa Senaria
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:31:02 PM
"Tracks and the like, trail went cold at a large river, they took to a few trees on the other side but I lost them after a bit, they had to far of a lead on me."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:40:27 PM
"And how did that make you feel?" Asked the red head finally after being silent for so long. "That you lost them and failed in avenging your family."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:57:49 PM
"How do you think?"

Her claws clinked more audibly, she didn't like remembering, she didn't want to think of how she had failed them.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:24:11 PM
Miranda finally found a reason to laugh. A nerve was struck, "How am I suppose to know unless you tell me, young one." Her eyes narrowed into tiny slivers, "Unless you'd rather I drain you dry and find out for myself."

Sol Invictus
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:23:09 PM
"Enough, Miranda."

Sol is content with these results. Further prying is unnecessary.

"Just as you have events in your past that you prefer not to touch on, so does she. Leave her be."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:33:04 PM
Renesa lowered her head a bit so the other woman wouldn't see her scowl. It would do her no good to fight the woman, she was too weak as a mortal to do so.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:39:06 PM
"Bah," She waved off Sol. "No sense of fun and anyway, since when did you take a liking to her?"

Her eyes shifted to Renesa, "Are you going to answer my question anyway? If I like the answer enough, perhaps I won't just drain you and leave you to die." There was a challenge in her voice and a promise. Was the girl smart enough to pick up on the subtlety of Miranda?

Renesa Senaria
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:10:11 AM
Renesa knew a trap when she heard one, still in her present state, she couldn't last long against a Vampyre, she was strong but she knew how much stronger the undead could be.

"What good does my answer serve you?"

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:15:37 AM
"Me?" Miranda chuckled, devilishly. "Come now. You were asking for eternity did you not? I yet have had the pleasure of creating a Fledgling of my own. I was never permitted ..." She looked Renesa squarely in the eye. "Until I joined the Shrine."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:19:12 AM
The hollow look in her eyes remained unchanged as she looked back, unsure of if she was understanding correctly.

"Whatever do you mean?"

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:21:30 AM
Her eyes narrowed in disappointment. "Perhaps I was wrong and you did not want to be turned?"

Renesa Senaria
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:24:22 AM
Her claws clinked lightly, she had said the wrong thing.

"Never said I didn't want to, I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to be turned."

Sol Invictus
Mar 16th, 2003, 05:44:14 PM
"Miranda, she means why were you not allowed to turn fledglings until you joined the Shrine. The both of us are quite curious about why that is."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 16th, 2003, 10:59:44 PM
Renesa shook her head.

"No, I was just a bit confused with what you said, didn't understand your meaning correctly at the time."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:13:03 PM
"Appears you were wrong, Sol." And then her narrowed eyes looked upon her Brother Vampyre. "Your curiosity will have to remain so it appears."

Folding her arms together, Miranda leaned against the stone wall and looked at Renesa intently. "And now that you aren't unsure of what I meant?" She asked, a red brow raised expectantly.

Renesa Senaria
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:48:20 PM
"And...I'm fine with that, it's what I came here for afterall."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 18th, 2003, 08:11:02 PM
"Fine?" She chuckled. "You're fine with becoming a Vampyre. that doesn't sound very convincing to me. Besides, you still haven't answered my question as to what it felt like when you lost trail of your people's killers."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 18th, 2003, 09:51:20 PM
"It killed what was left of me, the girl from before then is gone..."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:33:59 PM
She shook her head. "No. That isn't telling me how you felt. You're telling me what happened after you suppressed your emotions."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:17:07 PM
"Angry, saddened, like a failure, better?"

She hated admitting it but it seemed Miranda wasn't going to let it go.

Sol Invictus
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:57:46 PM
"Stop pressing the issue, Miranda. One would think a high-ranking Vampyre like yourself would show more respect. Don't go opening old wounds and pouring salt in them."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 19th, 2003, 11:34:08 PM
She had had enough. "One. You don't know me or have the right to judge." Miranda's profile turned around to glare at Sol. "Two. I was talking to Renesa. Not you, Sol." The folds of her cloak rippled free as her arm snapped out, palm facing towards the Vampyre, as a black energy sphere swirled into existence. Within the next moment before Sol could think about what was happening, the powerful black sphere of dark energy rocketed from her hand and slammed right into his chest. The force knocked Sol into the far wall.

"Three. I demand respect and after my centuries of slavery I refuse to put up with such insolence!"

Sol would be fine. Miranda hadn't use all her power to smite Sol. It was just enough to get the point across. He was young and needed to realize that though she was new to the Shrine, her age and power were not to be trifled with. Hopefully he wasn't foolish enough to press the issue.

Miranda's arm returned to the folds of her cloak in a swift fluid motion. The sharp anger in her voice was gone as she addressed Renesa. "Now, Renesa. I think we had enough interruptions. I'd would like to speak to you in private if you don't mind."

Renesa Senaria
Mar 19th, 2003, 11:39:51 PM
Renesa blinked a few times before looking back at Miranda.

"Don't mind at all.."

Sol Invictus
Mar 19th, 2003, 11:43:27 PM
Sol stands slowly, his breathing heavy as he recovers from the attack. He dusts himself off, considering her words. Centuries of slavery she had said...an old wound, and with the right knowledge, Sol will have plenty of salt for it if he should get the chance to use it. He sitll thinks she's wrong for forcing such a painful memory from Renesa, rather than letting the girl tell of her own volition. Later, he too will have tos peak with the newest recruit of the Shrine. The old man walks away to leave the women be.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:10:37 AM
"Good." Miranda extended an arm towards the opposite direction that Sol disappeared. "Then follow (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28233) me."