PDA

View Full Version : A question...

Alpha
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:17:27 PM
How do you, or is even possible to, connect a PS2 to your computer? I'm curious cause I'd like to pull some shots I can't find on the net from some of the games...Help? :)

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:21:12 PM
Ummm..... you dont? PS2 and PC's dont talk together AFAIK

Sol Invictus
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:29:46 PM
They do, I've seen it. Kids here at college play games and watch TV through their computers. I just don't know how.

Alpha
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:48:29 AM
:) well, now that I know it's possible, anyone know how to do this kind of surgery? :)

Sage Hazzard
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:06:38 AM
Well I know it can be done. Think it's through some kind of doohickey. Makes it go to your monitor instead of your TV. But I don't think that you could screen capture from that. Seeing as how the monitor is hooked then to your PS2 not computer.

Or maybe there's some other way. :)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Mar 11th, 2003, 05:40:22 AM
Yeah! I've seen that before just don't know how o_O

Oriadin
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:48:55 AM
You can buy a TV card for your PC. I assume you can then plug your PS2 into the card instead of a TV and get your screen grabs off of there. I did it with my dreamcast so it is possible.

Leeloo Mina
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:08:03 AM
I've got a TV card, but I don't have a PS2 so I can't test out the theory ^_^;

Mahvash
Mar 11th, 2003, 03:00:10 PM
Dyzm did it!

I 'member him making a post with all these screen shots!

So maybe you should ask him?

Sigil Roland
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:07:37 PM
The same way you hook up an Atari 2600 and your TV's attenta in the 1980's.... Just get a line splitter of some kind. Either an RF switch or through the VCR.

Xaz'
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:47:08 PM
Can't help ya -- I have an X-Box and it hooks to my comp for obvious reasons. :p

Good luck bro! :D

Morgan Evanar
Mar 11th, 2003, 05:28:57 PM
Get a decent TV capture card. Visc uses one, a Leadtek, thats he's supposed to pretty happy with. They run anywhere from $50 to a lot more. The Hauppauge Win TV 401 is supposed to be very good, but you need to use some alternate set of drivers and some freeware instead of the stock stuff. If you seriously want it, I'll do some research.

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:11:31 PM
I just hook it up through my ATI DV card, it has all the connections. (Technically, I can hook up my PS2, and my Gamecube and run both at the same time, while watching a DVD off my PC. Only done the PS2 and DVD so far... Not enough hands for Gamecube)

AmazonBabe
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:20:13 PM
Hmmmm... my friend has his comp get TV and can play his X-Box on there too. But what he utilizes is the monitor, not the comp persay.

He's got a router something or other where he's got his comp plugged into, his antenna for TV, and his X-Box.

I can find out the exact details and post em later. It might help ya to get your PS2 going with your monitor instead of having to wait for a TV to free up. :)

Alpha
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:11:19 PM
wow, rthanks guys! :) Though it's a bit too much techno babble for me to follow, lol. :D

Sage Hazzard
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:53:21 AM
Ah I get it. You hook it into the TV Tuner card? Ah, that would work!

I'll try to dechiper Alpha. Though I might not be understanding fully myself...

TV Tuner card, Alpha, I think it's called, is a way to watch TV through your computer. Hooking up an antennae, cable, whatever to it and it uses your monitor as the TV screen. Some software would make it so you could call it up and watch TV in a little window. Meaning you could do other things and work your PC as usual while you watch TV. Just like it's a program.

So, I guess you get THAT, then you hook your PS2 into it? Then you turn on the PS2 and fire up the software that allows you to watch TV. Then I guess it'd work? Seems kind of simple. Though that might just be because I'm not understanding it fully. :lol

Oriadin
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:25:04 AM
Thats exactly it. Its nothing too complicated at all.

1. Plug in and install TV card.
2. Tune TV card in after youve plugged in the antena.
3. Plug your Xbox into the TV card in the same way you would a normal TV.

The problem comes if Xbox HAS to use scart cables. I havent seen a TV card that uses that yet. I know with the GC that you can use scart or whatever the alternative is called so I assume its the same with Xbox.

Alpha
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:48:30 AM
Wow...it seems too easy. lol. :)