PDA

View Full Version : Drinks are on me!

Hunk
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:47:39 PM
An oddly familiar figure burst through the doors, a bone-jarring friendly slap on the back almost knocking the nearest patron over.

"Been staying out of trouble? Good to hear."

The patron, having never seen the man before in his life, simply stared dumbfounded, trying to regain his dignity and clean the spilled drink off his shirt.

The large man made his way through the crowd to the bar, signalling the barkeep. Sliding up next to an attractive woman.

"Looks like your glass is almost empty, allow me. Barkeep! Another drink for the lady, and a large water for me. In fact, drinks for everyone! Next round's on me."

By gum it had been a while.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:31:32 PM
"Oi! Free drinks!? I'll have all the juice you've got!"

Ruufe leapfrogs from his table onto a bar stool nearby.

"You're a cool guy! My name's Ruufe."

He extends a hand to Hunk, grinning so large it seems his smile takes up half his face.

Hunk
Mar 10th, 2003, 02:40:08 PM
He could help but smile at the other's boundless energy.

"Why hello there, little guy. Are you sure you need any more sugar?"

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 10th, 2003, 04:34:19 PM
"More sugar?" he asks with a cocked eyebrow and a skeptical frown. "I haven't had any."

He accepts the drink given him by throwing it back and draining his glass in one long pull.

"More, 'tender!" His attention shifts back to Hunk. "What kind of person are you? You ordered drinks for the whole bar!"

Hunk
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:20:05 PM
"Well, Chief, I'm someone that's been gone for a while. What better way to introduce yourself again than by helping everyone quench their thirst?"

"That, and its a good way to meet interesting new people, like yourself."

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:22:45 PM
He quaffs another glass.

"Yeah, that makes sense. You got a name, Someone that's been Gone?"

Hunk
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:43:06 PM
"Call me Hunk, Junior. And what might you be called?"

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:49:24 PM
"I already toldja, Ruufe Shanks."

He must be old if he couldn't remember the boy's prompt introduction. Or maybe he didn't hear. Ruufe's betting on the former though.