PDA

View Full Version : My. First. Hangover.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:00:16 AM
I think I'm going to die.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:05:27 AM
Aww.

;; hugs ;;

I would say I empathize, but your hang over is probably far worse than mine are :x

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:10:21 AM
I wont try to describe how I feel right now, the first post says it all.

I started drinking at 7:30pm. By 8:30pm I'd had four pints of Stella Artois and eight Sidekicks. I was beginning to think I was immune to the effects of drink so I carried on like that until about 4am. You do the math.

:cry

Dae Jinn
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:14:52 AM
Awwwwww, poor Loki *hugs*

Morgan Evanar
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:23:15 AM
Gooood looord. Bwhahahhaa. I barely had a hangover after my binge in AL.

Must be the mix of Italian, Irisih, British and Russian. ^_^

Taylor Millard
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:28:04 AM
Tsk tsk tsk.

I've gotten one hangover before...and I ain't gonna get another.

I'm immune now...I think :uhoh :D

And Loki you have my sympathy.

ReaperFett
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:51:54 AM
I dont know, people and their pity parties ;)

Well, get well soon :)

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:08:30 AM
I'm feeling a bit better now that I had a bit of a lie down. All I've been drinking is fresh orange, I love the stuff anyway but especially after a night of heavy drinking.

I've drank to the extent that I cannot remember some of the night and been sick on the night but never have I suffered because of it the next day. I'm quarter Irish, so I thought that was keeping me safe from hangovers. Heh. I guess even the Irish can over do it.

Oh well, I should be recovered just in time for St. Paddy's Day. :rollin

Sanis Prent
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:52:13 AM
Welcome to the real world, buttercup.

And Morg, there was no alcohol left in your system for you to be hungover. You puked yourself inside-out.

Shawn
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:59:52 AM
I don't get hangovers. Maybe it's because I'm pretty much a full-blooded Irishman. Or maybe it's just because I tend to sleep so late the day after that it's gone by the time I wake up. :p

The mental image of Harry Potter with a hangover is made me chuckle.

Sanis Prent
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:01:35 PM
That's funny, whitey. I could so get you hungover. You wouldn't even remember your name when I got through with you.

Shawn
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:04:40 PM
You're on.

Sanis Prent
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:10:57 PM
>D

Alright. Next time you make it up here...we play Dueling Handles.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:15:35 PM
When I finally get over there, I want to see if I can keep up with Charley's drinking. I dare say I could. My mate fancies himself as someone who can take his ale but whilst he was on bottles of Bud, I was on pints and I kept up with him and also had on top of my usual drinks, two double whiskeys, a double brandy and coke, a vodka and coke and shared a "Fishbowl" with a few people. A vodka-based cocktail in a fishbowl, literally a fishbowl. Chris took the knock by about eleven and I wasn't sick until after I'd got up this morning. To his credit, he recovered very quickly and carried on.

By the way, I found out it wasn't 4am when we left the bar, it was 5:30. We know the owner so he gave us a lock-in which was very cool. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:19:59 PM
Loki, I drank a liter of whiskey straight on Friday night. And that was a light evening.

Figrin D'an
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:23:34 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Loki, I drank a liter of whiskey straight on Friday night. And that was a light evening.

One day, your liver is either going to be really dead, or a marvel of science that should be donated for study.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:29:01 PM
I'd hardly call a litre of whiskey light. Good grief. I'll have to believe that when I see it. How did it effect you?

Sanis Prent
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:39:53 PM
I watched a movie, and passed out peacefully. That's about it.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:42:03 PM
'passed out peacefully' LOL funny thought :)

ReaperFett
Mar 9th, 2003, 01:21:56 PM
Whats passing out violently? ;)

How did it effect you?
Well, by the age of 60 he'll be getting up for the toilet 6 times a night ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 9th, 2003, 07:59:31 PM
*huggles for Gav* :)

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 9th, 2003, 08:15:38 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
One day, your liver is either going to be really dead, or a marvel of science that should be donated for study.

Yeah well one of my rallying associates drinks only a bit more than Charley , is 33 and is already showing signs of liver damge. Your goign over the top mate. Back off before your body starts doing it by force.

Noever had a hangover. Then again, most I;ve drunk in a night when younger and stupider (Not that the stupid bit has changed much) is about 4 schooners of beer over about 4 hours. Since then Aint drank much at all. My max is one glass of red a week. No more.

D'raaj A'arkantheil
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:08:10 PM
Oy, hangovers are no fun.

My only one I've ever had was shared in your city, Loki. Went to three different bars that night, too.

Started out with a pint of Stella, which I found far too bitter, then I was urged to try a Guiness. Ugh, that was nas-tee. Drank the whole pint, though. Then it was a Boddingtons, which wasn't bad, before we switched to the Liffey Bar from the Old Post Office.

There, I consumed four pints of Strongbow hard cider, which is my favorite drink on earth, and did some karaoke after the insane, homicidal Irisman decided that we were indeed Catholic (none of us were, but we faked it very well. That, and I became Australian for the third time that trip, which saved me, I bet.).

So, after butcheing New Yourk by Sinatra, destroying Hey Jude by the Beatles, and absolutely massacreing the Liverpool football team song, with the help of a soused Liverpuddlian and a tone-deaf Welshman, it was off to Spencer's, a bar I found otu later is one of the nastiest dives in all of Liverpool.

Three more pints of Strongbow were consumed there, the last I later learend was spiked with a shot of whiskey.

I felt ill for two days, but luckily, I recovered. And didn't die from alcohol posioning.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:14:14 PM
dunno what I drank the few times my friends tried to get me drunk, they just passed me stuff, I drank it, no effect....dun really like it myself, haven't drank since like a few months after my previous birthday.....

Leeloo Mina
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:36:05 PM
Oh, charley, Shawn.. if you two are getting yourselfs drunk, can I come along? ;)

Sanis Prent
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:45:57 PM
Yes.

Kelt Simoson
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:01:13 AM
:lol

Dont drink often, but when i do it hurts :(

Lann Kirauc
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:28:13 AM
congrats on the initiation Loki and hope ya gets better soon! :)

Brask
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:59:50 AM
I want to know how he could type in that state!

Leeloo Mina
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:24:08 AM
Maybe he took a long time and typed it o...n...e....k...e....y....a....t....a....t....i.. .m...e...

Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Yes.

>D I'd just sit back and watch :mischief

::starts plotting::

Miryan no Trunks
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:42:12 PM
First hangover I had lasted a good 4 days straight. Only had a couple small ones since then ^_^

Forget what all I drank that time, but here's an example of my personal tolerance level.

On my 19th, the ppl in the pipe band I'm drum sergeant for took me to the legion, to try and kill me (Their actual plan being to try and get me passed-out-in-a-puddle-of-puke drunk)

I consumed within about 2 hours

a sip of beer (I don't like beer)
4 Smirnoff Ice
1 double JD
1 double tequila
2 paralyzers
1 double sambucca
2 screwdrivers
3 shots of fireball

That, and a couple of other drinks I currently can't recall the names of >_<

Anyways, no nausea, no hangover, nothin. That just got me to unable to walk straight, happy-chatty place. Everyone was shocked ^_^ What can I say, I've got strong scottish blood =^

Fortunately for my liver, when I Do drink, it's only once every month or 2, if That often =^

ReaperFett
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:43:57 PM
Binge drinking is the worst way you can be.

Sanis Prent
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:46:35 PM
YAY I'M THE WORST WAY YOU CAN BE

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:47:10 PM

Sigil Roland
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:30:23 AM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson

Dont drink often, but when i do it hurts :(

Same here, just don't drink 1/2 a bottle of JD in one sitting.

Leeloo Mina
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:41:09 AM
If I ever get a hangover, that's okay.. I'll go back to sleep for the next two days :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 11th, 2003, 02:32:52 AM
I've never had one, and never want to. And if I drank with Charley, as in, as much as Charley, I'm pretty sure I'd end up dead. :x

Oriadin
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:17:19 AM
Worst I ever had it was during a poker match...

During the day my cousin and I had gone to the pub and had two pints of Larger. Then in the evening we met up with all the other poker players, had a couple of pints there then went back to my cousins for the match. Of course, we stopped off at the Off License on the way.

The match took hours, as they always do and I dont think I got to bed until about 5am. In the process I drank a whole bottle of whiskey. Obviously I felt drunk but because it was over such a long period of time I didnt feel, completley out of it. Anyways, I woke up about 10am with the ulimate hang over. I crawled over to the bathroom, hoping to be sick so I could feel a little better but I couldnt. There, I fell sleep on the floor. Woke up again about an hour later, puked my guts up. It was so painfull I thought I was going to die. Then I had to leave to catch a train!!

On the train for over an hour before I got picked up by my girlfriend and we went off to a party. I was the only one drinking water. I dont think I touched alcohol for about 2 months after that.

Usually I dont drink that often, but when I do drink I usually drink a fair bit. I can hold my drink depending on what it is im drinking. I can have three pints and feel just as pissed as if id had a whole bottle of whisky, although without the hangover the next day! :)

Never again...

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 08:39:12 AM
Whiskey never makes me hung over anymore. Its odd like that.

Dae Jinn
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:04:40 AM
You build up an immunity to it, Charley, I know, have several alcoholic relatives. I have an aunt who drinks a mikey of vodka everyday :lol
I don't drink, except at clubs, because I already have a bad liver :x

Laila Annex
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:47:07 AM
I think I'm going to die.

Right on!! You've joined the club!! :)

I'm what Canadians and Americans call an alcoholic ( :rolleyes ), which I heartily dismiss, but I never really notice anything. Just get a headache every morning, which is easily stilled by a glass of whatever beer happens to be in the fridge. I'm never completly sober.

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:52:52 AM
I am not an alcoholic. I don't drink all the time.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 11th, 2003, 02:45:00 PM
I'm not an alcoholic. I don't go to meetings. :)

But seriously though, I'd have a drink about once a week and will only get drunk once, maybe twice a month. And that's if I have the money for it, which is rare in any case.

Sanis Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 02:57:41 PM
Before these past two weeks, I'd barely had a drop this year. Sure, New Years I drank, and Super Bowl Sunday, but aside from that...very little. I got sick around Valentine's Day, and bought myself a bottle of Maker's Mark, to ease me through it. After that, I went down to Mardi Gras and got blitzed, and brought back a lot of whiskey, which I used when I got sick again.