PDA

View Full Version : I know this is going to sound bad....

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:58:48 AM
Or something. But, is there any way I can set Fett to ignore? I've really, really, really have had enough. If I see one more of his illogical trollish arguments, I'm going to scream. He's not bannable, but I just cant put up with him any more! Please, someone save my sanity!

Figrin D'an
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:17:02 PM
We could just tell him to quit being contrary for the sake of being contrary... beyond that, I'm not sure there is much that can be done.

Or... how about make a [NOFETT] tag for threads. ;)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 9th, 2003, 01:11:28 PM
We could just tell him to quit being contrary for the sake of being contrary... beyond that, I'm not sure there is much that can be done. I've been trying to do that for the past 2 years.

Yeah, its gonna happen now =[

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:12:39 PM
I'm trying to figure out why he is a mod and what he does. Whatever. Look, what really is annoying me is that he doesnt seem to get that the Spam notice was largely in part because of him and Sorr. I can put up with some one liners. But page upon page upon page...? there has to be a point where it's called enough. I'd maybe excuse him if he was funny. He's not.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:07:57 PM
Honestly, I'm really not sure if he does do any moderating duties. I have delegated some of my own issues to him in the past (passing on reported problems from other posters) to him in the past, but do not know whether or not the situations were handled or not. I assume they were considering I heard nothing else regarding the issues from the original persons who submitted the problems to me.

As it is, his moderator-ness cannot be removed unless their is just cause and really I see no blatant cause to do so, besides the fact that he seems to be so argumentative just for the sake of being contrary most of the time, which isn't really a justifiable reason IMO.

And there is no way for me to allow people to put him on ignore unless I set things to allow any staff member to be ignored, which I simply will not do.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:25:22 PM
As it is, his moderator-ness cannot be removed unless their is just cause and really I see no blatant cause to do so, besides the fact that he seems to be so argumentative just for the sake of being contrary most of the time, which isn't really a justifiable reason IMO.

Whats the point of having him on the staff if he doesn't add something to it? All I ever see him to is a) argue for the sake of it or b) make "witty" one liners.

Then again, I like him about as much as the pox, so as such my opinion shouldn't count for much.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:26:39 PM
He does participate in staff wide discussions and doesn't always "take the other side just to be against the norm", so in essence he does participate.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:34:14 PM
My point is that elsewhere on the boards he comes off as a trolling non-paticapatory whining asshat with a tendency to argue about absolutely nothing for the sake of it. But if he's usefull elsewhere more power to him.

Like I said, I'm biased.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:36:27 PM
No human being is without his/her flaws including yourself and myself.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:40:35 PM
Well, if he actually participates somewhere, that's good. He's done nothing more than one line post and endless smileys here. I'm admittedly getting close to requesting his access mask be changed to hide Arcan IV.

* shrug *

TheHolo.Net
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:44:26 PM
That request can be done if so decided.

Shawn
Mar 20th, 2003, 11:20:56 PM
You'll pardon my intrusion here, but it was suggested to me to check this forum.

How Ironic, too... I was just discussing this.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:20:29 PM
Update:

Fett has removed himself from being a Mod of the RP section.

Figrin D'an
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:50:40 PM
Did he supply a specific reason why he decided to resign from the position?

Shawn
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:21:28 PM
It was something that was discussed with him, as we felt he'd be better suited of being a mod of the Box Office section only.

Figrin D'an
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:33:53 PM
Sounds reasonable.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 28th, 2003, 05:16:44 PM
Fair enough