PDA

View Full Version : Spamming Notice

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:39:32 AM
Or I should say Crapflood notice. Spamming is advertising or cross posting, which is smiteable already.

Look, I'm pretty damn tolerant when it's all said and done. I do let people get away with a lot here, as if you read some of the threads. Probably too much, but then again, I misbehave a fair bit too. That's the way I like running things. I also give people a lot of rope if they are a positive influence, or participate in the community a lot - in a good manner I may add.

But right now, I'm going to lay down the law, because I saw Picture Request III, despite my note, border on a spam fest. NO. Not on. What is also no longer on is a constant stream of one to three word replies and constant smiley posts. I dotn mind a resonable amount, but when they go on and on and on..... neyt, no more.

I do not mind people amusing themselves here, because that is what this forum is about. I am quite resonable about things in here, but really....

So this is the policy I have. You get some rope. That's fine. But if you just crap flood and nothing more than crap flood, you'll suddenly find yourself out the door. Leeway is gained by contributing to the community. A good way to do that is make us laugh or think. Or post somethign good to read. Or pictures in Pic Request. Few other ways like bribery work too.

I dont think this is unresonable, esp given the leeway I will and do give. This place tends to welcome anyone and I do not wish to disciple anyone. I will if it continues.

Excessive crap flooding is solely at the discresion of the GJO staff. remember, if they say no, they mean no.

Thank You. We now return you to regular programming of Naked Rangers and Whipped Cream.

Hart
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:05:17 AM
I think the admins should return to the days of some good ol'fashion posting rights suspensions and(or) singling them out and yelling at them in groups and giving them the false notion that everyone here hated them for their spamming. The latter was much more popular, and I think it used to work rather well.

imported_Marcus
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:11:08 AM
Originally posted by Hart
I think the admins should return to the days of some good ol'fashion posting rights suspensions and(or) singling them out and yelling at them in groups and giving them the false notion that everyone here hated them for their spamming. The latter was much more popular, and I think it used to work rather well.

I'm afraid that's what I'm going to do. But firstly, have to warn that it's getting beyond a joke and see if the situation resets. If not, yes, the smite button is coming out.

Hunk
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:22:37 AM
Now where's my whipped cream?!

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:02:41 PM
In your pants dude :)

NOTE : Seems some people have ignored this message. I'm not naming anyone, but if this warning is ignored again, I will be restricting access to those people immediatly without further warning.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:22:18 AM
Ah...whipped cream and dancing Xazors....that was definitely a fun thread.

Anyways, as my friend so succintley put it...

"Spam stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages"

When I think of it, I have been seeing a lot more of those lately, so I guess I agree...:D

*Goes off to forge his Anti-SPAM Hammer of Justice*

Zoro Kuina
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:24:11 PM
SPAM SPAM SPAM LOVERLY SPAM!

Well not really when people do it to much (I said 'do it' *giggle*) and DON"T GET THE POINT!

*trots after Lion to see if he can make him a Anti-SPAM Sword or something like that*

Gurney Devries
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:48:07 AM
Before posting , please ask yourself the following question:

"Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

Before replying, please ask yourself the following question:

"Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please reply. If you cannot, then refrain from replying.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 12th, 2003, 05:56:13 AM
Originally posted by Gurney Devries
Before posting , please ask yourself the following question:

"Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

Before replying, please ask yourself the following question:

"Does my reply offer any significant advice, (Marcus addition) FUNNY or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please reply. If you cannot, then refrain from replying.

READ THIS. It's going to become GJO posting rule.

You have advance warning.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:00:00 PM
Thank you, Gurney...I believe that those are excellent guidelines to follow. If you look at some of the people who were banned (*cough* JUDAS *cough*), their posting styles violated these guidelines.

*Seconds the motion, even though he's just an insignificant non-moderator*

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:41:42 PM
Sorreenna has lost access to GJO OOC areas. Being warned and then trying to deny that fact / argue the toss is not a good idea. When the admins say the decision is final, we absolutly mean it.

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 17th, 2003, 09:52:39 AM
It's SORREESSA.

She's gonna kill you for that, dude. Although I must admit, arguing with the admins is not a good idea. They got their power for a reason.