PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing Ocarina of Time, Masterquest?

JediBoricua
Mar 8th, 2003, 01:41:31 AM
If you don't know what I'm talking about read on. When you reserve the new Zelda title for GC you get a two game bonus disc that contains the classic Zelda: Ocarina of Time as the world saw it on N64 in 1998, but you also have the option of playing the same game but in masterquest status, which to my understanding means it's harder.

I just got it today and I have only made it as far as the Deku Tree (impressive no? ;)), and as of now the only difference I see with the game is that inside the Deku tree you start fighting with the bosses larva (the name escape me) right from the start.

I believe this is a great idea by Nintendo to get us all started up for the new Zelda title scheduled to arrive in about three weeks, personally I can wait.

JMK
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:13:36 PM
I just ordered the Ocarina of Time through ebay for my N64. I'm so bloody addicted to that game. :D

Figrin D'an
Mar 8th, 2003, 04:13:15 PM
I have to admit, I was skeptical of the new Zelda game for GC. But, I played the demo of it at Best Buy the other day, and I like what I see. I was surprised at how well the cell-shading style worked from a visual standpoint.

I haven't played Ocarina of Time since... 2000, maybe. Great game. I never got into the second one for N64... Majora's Mask, or whatever it was called. I guess the story didn't grab me...

Personally, I still think A Link To The Past is the king of the series... but that's me. :)

JMK
Mar 8th, 2003, 04:28:22 PM
Was that the Super Nintendo one? That was fantastic too.
After playing Ocarina of Time for so long, I was really hopeful of Majora's Mask but was terribly let down.

JediBoricua
Mar 8th, 2003, 05:45:55 PM
I didn't even finished Majora's Mask. I remember I was on the last temple and got pissed at all the mask changin and song singing that I put the game down, never to pick it up again.

Ocarina of Time on the other hand, my favorite all time game.

And yes Figrin, the new Zelda title for GC looks awesome.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:51:11 PM
Eww Majora's Mask X_x.......Ocarina of Time was the best I remember I finished within 2 days couldn't sleep it was too cool. I hope the new one's gonna rock as much as that one

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Mar 10th, 2003, 02:35:24 AM
Being a Major Fan of Zelda... I had to Get and Beat Majora's Mask... Got all the masks before I beat it too, so fighting Majora was a bit to easy after I become the ULTIMATE WARRIOR!!!

Kinda have Wind Walker on hold, didn't get the free disks though. (Friend put it on hold for me at his store, so I just borrow disks from him)

And anyone else having problems with the GC controller? Like the buttons not bouncing back up? Been happening forever (Second month after release started)

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:17:38 PM
I have so far been disappointed with the latest progression in the Zelda games. I feel the series has become more kid-oriented with this game and lacks some of the depth and seriousness that were present in other Zelda games, depth and seriousness I enjoyed. The stimulus for the current plot, for example, is supposed to be the kidnapping of Link's sister. Since when has the hero of Hyrule ever had a sister before? I'd prefer it if they simply came up with a random princess to nab.

But that is only my opinion.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:17:35 AM
I tend to agree with your opinion. I thought it was the legend of ZELDA, not Link's sister. And the cartoonish style of the entire game is off-putting for me. But, then, perhaps we just don't know what the story of Windwaker is really about yet - and I've heard the gameplay is excellent, despite how it looks. I hope it's much more complex than just being about rescuing Link's sis... and of course, if it's like any of the other Zelda games, it will be. But if it's like any of the other Zelda games, it'll be awesome anyway.

Zakatiel: Try giving controllers with stuck buttons a twist. Grip the handles, and pull up with one hand while pushing down with the other. It should do the trick and pop the button out. If not, use a hacksaw. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:32:18 AM
Zelda: Link, *I* am your sister.

Link: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*me=scampers off*

Emotion
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:54:48 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Zelda: Link, *I* am your sister.

Link: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*me=scampers off*

^

I heard that that was true, but now know better and will never listen to my brother again about things like that.

Oddly enough, Windwaker intruges me, Majora's Mask was too long winded, took me 4 months to beat Ocarina the first time, and I sucked at all the older ones (but Link was sooo hot looking in the NP comic).

And now, I'm done.

*chases LD with a paring knife*

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Mar 15th, 2003, 06:55:33 PM
I feel the series has become more kid-oriented with this game and lacks some of the depth and seriousness that were present in other Zelda games, depth and seriousness I enjoyed

The original Zelda is a bit more kid oriented. Windwaker is just going back to the routes. Anyone else remember the jokes, or the !!! Which always poped up?

But it would be nice if they made an Mature Version also, with plenty of blood and guts, and Choppa choppa Action.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:59:54 AM
*runs away from paring knife*

What am I? A blind mouse?!