PDA

View Full Version : Introductions all around - Jedi Party Table 1

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:25:45 AM
I adjusted the tabard on my formal Jedi robes, done in muted grays and blacks, still trying to get used to the fit. My newest lightsaber rested on my hip, hanging from a black leather belt. Confident that they were as comfortable as they were going to be, I made ready to leave. As I headed out the door of my quarters to make my way down to the party, I noticed that a small envelope had fluttered to the ground. I opened it up and read it:

Miss Relvinian -
I will be joining the party later on in the evening, but I am unable to set out the names for those that will be sharing the table with us. If is not too much trouble, could you take care of it, as a favor to me?

Yoghurt

The note had been left with a list, and I scanned it to check for people I knew:

Table 1 -
Master Yoghurt
Dasquian Belargic
James Prent
Straffe Stormrider
Ryla Relvinian
Akrabbim Melchizan
Aejin Rahn
Ki-Adi Kindo
Azure Darkstone
Shanaria Fabool
Hadrian Invicta

There were only a few people I knew, but then again, I supposed that was the point of the tables. I walked into the Avalon, seeing that a few people were already filtering in. Heading over to the one unoccupied table, I put the names down and awaited my fellow Jedi.

OOC: If this is not appropriate or Yog has something other in mind, I will delete or edit. I don't want to step on toes here, just wanted to get the table started. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:12:07 PM
Making the final adjustments to his cloak, Dasquian stared back at his reflection in the mirror. He wore what would be considered traditional attire for his home planet, and what had become recognisable as his usual dress code around the Jedi Order. A two-tone green suede jerkin with an ivory shirt beneath it was covered by a simple brown cloak. On his forearms he wore vambraces craved with intricate patterns akin to those on his boots, into which grey-green trousers were tucked.

He picked up his lightsaber off of the hook on which it hung and slipped its clip over the leather strap belt he wore, before stepping out into the hallway. On the way to the Temple he could hear and see preparations going on, as other Jedi scurried about trying to get ready and make their way to their assigned tables.

When he entered the hall, and saw what was unfolding inside, it was hard not to be proud. He smiled to himself and glanced about the room for the seating area he had been aside, noting that though Yog was absent Ryla – a new friend – was present. He gave a small wave before approaching the table, nodding and bowing in greeting.

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:17:21 PM
Shanaria enters the room, a little nervouse. She is not sure how to act around so many people, most of which were people she has only seen in passing. Dressed in a long, blue, form fitting, Silk dress, she walks around the tables checking the list of names at each intill she sees the one with her name on it. And found a place to sit there, well she is waiting for her date (Hadrian Invicta) to catch up with her.

She looks around and sees Ryla at the table as well, Shanaria Smiles at Ryla, happy to see she is not the only blue skined person in the order. She also sees Dasquian, and offers her master a resepctful nod. She extends her hand to Ryla in order to shake her hand...

"Hi...I'm Shanaria Fabool...A padiwan here."

After a moment or two, she remembers seeing Ryla when she went to talk to the Council about Jamel...

"Your on the Council..Right?"

James Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:38:03 PM
James was walking briskly into Avalon, running a little behind schedule. She was wearing a simple black dress, and strappy shoes...which was her first mistake.

She misstepped, and stumbled just in front of the doors. Recovering just before she slammed into the ground, she made a face and grabbed her foot. Frelling layers of Corellian hell! James' foot felt...loose, and she noticed that she'd managed to break one of the straps on her shoe.

Ah...frell that! She undid the other shoe and hid them behind a potted plant, to be picked up and repaired later. No time now!

Barefoot, and barely tall enough to see over the shoulders of most of the people present, James located her table and sat down near the end, away from the three others present.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 7th, 2003, 06:17:49 PM
I waved back at Dasquian, glad to see him here. He looked comfortable and relaxed, very much the picture of a Jedi from the old days. Of course, he could throw on a paper bag and still look regal, which was much more than I could say given that I was not accustomed to wearing anything more formal than a pair of leather pants and a smile.

When Dasquian bowed, I smiled and bowed back, then turned to face a voice that had addressed me. With a shake of a hand, I greeted the padawan. "Yes, I am on the council, as is Dasquian here... But I'm sure you already knew about him... Shanaria, isn't it?"

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:39:26 AM
Dasquian offered a warm smile to his apprentice and chuckled quietly at the sight of the two blue skinned women before noticing that James had arrived. From simply looking at the Padawan he could tell she wasn’t exactly in the best of moods, but he decided to say hello anyway.

“Good evening, James,” he called out.

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:01:36 AM
A young man dressed in his Padawan robes enters a few moments after Shanaria, his eyes full of calm and yet in the same breath wonder. So many Jedi, so many masters and knights all under the same roof. A wealth of information, years of experience, it was all so breath taking.

"Amazing...." He said with a whisper. Slowly the relatively tall man pulled his hood back from his head. He nodded to those around him and then took a seat across from Shanaria.

"Hello," his voice was sure, his smile genuine and his eyes sparkling.

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:28:01 PM
Shanaria smiles at Ryla

"Yes that would be me....I hope You don't find it rude of me to ask, but what species are you? The only Blue skined species I've seen before are Omwatii and Chiss..."

Shanaria looks across the table at her date and smiles...

"Hello Hadrian! Nice to see you caught up with me. I almost thought I lost you."

Shanaria Stands and spins around for Hadrian saying.....

"What do you think of the dress?"

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:41:42 PM
"No Shanaria, I don't mind you asking at all. I have been indeed mistaken for Chiss on more than one occasion, but my heritage is mixed. My mother was a Rutian Twi'lek and my father was Mythosian, a humanoid hybrid."

I waved at Hadrian and continued, "What about Omwatii? I haven't heard of that before"

James Prent
Mar 10th, 2003, 11:21:40 AM
James heard her voice, and looked up, coloring slightly. Ack! Spotted. She waved at Dasquian, "Hi! I mean, hello." She flushed more, distinctively ill at ease in such a formal setting.

She also refused to get up, her bare toes cold on the hard floor.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 10th, 2003, 11:25:49 AM
“Doesn’t it look great in here?” Dasquian said with a brief glance around the room,

He could sense, without really trying, that James was anxious. Many of the Padawans were, and even some of the other older members seem to be uncomfortable in the formal situation – Dasquian had attended so many in his time that he had become so accustomed to them, he could almost go onto ‘auto pilot’ with conversation.

“How are you feeling? Looking forward to meeting some new people?”

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 10th, 2003, 11:29:35 AM
"I'm an Omwatii...we come from the planet Omwat. It's located in the outer rim area."

Shanaria sits back down.

"Qwi Xux was a member of our species. She is the most well known of our species in the core worlds. And we are not proud of what she did... If you don't know who she is the person who came up with the concept of the Death Star, and the Sun Crusher"

James Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:55:00 AM
"Yeah...I guess. I dunno, I like to keep to myself." Sort of. In all reality, she just felt that she didn't belong. Like a Jedi imposter in this regal hall.

James reached for her water glass, and managed to sip it without knocking it over or drenching herself. So far, so good. She looked back up at Dasquian, and blushed. "Well, I guess I better start mingling or something." She made a face indicating what she thought about that, and then showed him her feet. "Broke my only shoes that go with this dress. Great start to the night, y'know?"

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 14th, 2003, 06:22:52 PM
"Ah, ok. The name is familliar, and so is the planet, now that I think of it. At any rate, it's good to see new faces here! I don't know half of the people on the list for this table."

I scanned the list again, and saw that there were still several people who hadn't shown up yet. I hoped they would come so we could all get to know each other.

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:29:50 AM
Shanaria looks at the list as well....

"It looks like there are still six people to show up... And I don't think I have met any of those six before."

Shanaria looks across the table at Hadrian, and waves at him...

"Um...Hellooooooo...Are you dead Hadrian, don't want to comment about my dress, or have you decided to become a frozen mime?

James Prent
Mar 16th, 2003, 11:11:29 PM
She smiled at ...Shanaria's? comment about the frozen mime, and then got to her feet. Time for a drink and a smoke. There was still more to arrive, and dinner hadn't come yet.

James excused herself from Dasquian's company, and walked towards the bar.

[ <a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=498725#post498725>walking</a> ]

Aejin Rahn
Mar 17th, 2003, 10:00:46 AM
Aejin was completely new to the order, the only people he really knew at all was Terran Starek, and of course, his master Estelle Russard. Before he left he had made sure to put on a nice outfit. Which only consisted of what the Order had for him after he joined, he hadn't had that much time to go and get better. He stared at himself, looking at the brown and white uniform, he shrugged and walked out, scratching the top of his head.

He was making his way into Avalon just as people were being seated, or walking to the bar. He looked at everyone and just walked his own way, searching for his table. He found it, after going to two others and looking completely and utterly stupid.

He pulled out a chair after looking towards the other people, and watching one rather pretty woman walk off and towards the bar. He sat down slowly and pulled the chair in somewhat. He sighed as his nervousness calmed a bit.

Now was the hard part...Talking to complete strangers whom he knew nothing of.

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 17th, 2003, 10:46:24 AM
Seeing that for some reason Hadrian was ignoring her, Shanaria decides to see if the new guy at the table wants to talk...

Shanaria gets up and walks over to Aejin, her Long, Blue, Form Fitting, Silk Dress hugging her slim atractive body. She sits in the seat next to Aejin....

"Hello! I'm Shanaria Fabool, I don't think we have met before.."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2003, 12:09:38 PM
With a small laugh at James’ lack of footwear, Dasquian sat himself down. As the Padawan left to enjoy the party, he watched the others around his table, a few of which he didn’t recognise, but remained silent, waiting to see if he would be approached.

Aejin Rahn
Mar 17th, 2003, 12:17:12 PM
Aejin looked up to Shanaria and he smiled as he started to stand to greet her properly. He spoke softly to her, as was the way he always did...

"I'm A-Aejin Rahn. No, we haven't met before...it's a pleasure, Shanaria."

He kicked himself mentally for stuttering at the beginning. He looked towards Dasquian for a momoent, seeing his ears and other facial features. What an odd fellow...

He shook his head and turned his attention back to Shanaria..

"How long have you been with the Order?"

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 17th, 2003, 04:25:43 PM
"It' s a pleasure to meet you too Aejin."

Shanaria smiles and sends a relaxing wave of energy through the force to Aejin's body...

"I have only been here for a short while. I'm just a padawan, but I already had some training when I showed up here."

Aejin Rahn
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:44:08 AM
"Interesting...My father was a Jedi Knight, and he taught me some things also before I joined..."

He smiled to her, somewhat unnerved at what to do at the moment since it was deathly quiet. He let his eyes fall to the lovely girls face, and then to pan around the room.

Shanaria Fabool
Mar 18th, 2003, 01:02:06 PM
"Hmm...What sort of things were you taught?"

Shanaria smiles at Aejin as he gazes on her face...She mumbles to herself...

"Boy is it quiet....I thought this was supose to be a party..."

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:46:25 PM
"I agree...." I smirked, turning to Dasquian after glancing around the table. "I'm surprised that so few people are here..."

James Prent
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:16:21 AM
James made it back, drinkless and smokeless. She'd managed to trip over some guy's chair, and made it to the back door, limping, and had a quick smoke before being dragged back inside by a nameless fellow padawan who talked a lot but said nothing in paticular.

She'd only just managed to escape her idle pratter, and slunk back to her own table as the appetizer trays were being brought around. James slid into her seat, tucked her bare feet up underneath her, and helped herself to something chickenish. She smiled at Dasquian, who noticed her come back, and made a face when he looked pointedly at her lack of shoes.

Jackson DeWitt
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:03:05 PM
"Make sure you keep the tables attended. Don't make me regret hiring you." The Chandrilan Maitre'D warned Jackson. Jackson, in the meantime, adjusted the bowtie on his tuxedo, making sure that he had enough flutes of champagne on his tray.

"Yessir, Mister Chuvou...no problem."

"Just...talk as little as you can, okay? Your rural accent isn't befitting of the mood."

The exasperated man hurried away to more business, leaving Jackson scratching his head.

"Accent?"

Shrugging it off, Jackson hefted up the tray, and left the serving area. Immediately, he froze, eyes wide. The banquet area was decorated to commemorate the return of the Jedi Order to Coruscant. It was a breathtaking sight, not to mention the scores of Jedi who were now attending. With sheer determination, Jackson made one foot step after the other, and approached one of the tables.

"Yall...er...Does anyone want some more champagne?"

Shanaria Fabool
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:46:57 PM
Shanaria looks up at Jackson, and rases her hand slightly...

"I'll go for some.."

James Prent
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:34:52 PM
She wrinkled her nose, and turned around as someone mentioned champange. Unfortunately she hit the tray that the young man was holding and the flutes spilled all over her and him. "Oh no!" James shot to her feet, positively dripping with champange. "I'm so sorry!"

James Prent
Apr 21st, 2003, 10:55:25 PM
After the mess was cleaned up, James excused herself to go to one of the many balconies which overlooked the cityplanet. Time for another cigarette.

Shanaria Fabool
May 22nd, 2003, 02:02:31 PM
Shanaria looks around the room...

"I thought this was supose to be a party? I know... Somebody will just have to liven things up."

Shanaria uses the force to direct a small flock of birds in to the room by making them thing that in here was their destination. the birds fly in through one of the balconies and start going crazy when they realize that they are not where they want to be. the birds start to dive at the others in the room squwaking.