PDA

View Full Version : Dammit to seven hells and back!

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:09:31 AM
For the 2nd time in three weeks...I'm sick with the same damn thing!!!

My EC 308 professor took me aside after class and essentially told me to go home and take care of myself, since I nearly passed out a few times in econ. My throat feels like a vice grip is closing in on it, I'm getting feverish dizzy spells, and if I walk, my heart seems to skip beats. I'm on death's doorstep :x

Dae Jinn
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:17:16 AM
GO TO THE DOCTORS THEN!!!! :mad!!!

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:22:46 AM
Can't. I've got work to do that can be done here, and I'm doing that. I'm going home friday afternoon, and my mom's a nurse. She should be able to take care of me at that point.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:24:33 AM
Take Vitamin C by the truckfull. You can't OD on that, though some morons like to say you can. Drink plenty of water and sleep often. If you have a craving for food, eat it! Sometimes when I'm sick I'll crave the oddest things. It's your body wanting those nutrients, that the food has. Also, I'd suggest going to the doctor if it's really bad. But no matter what the doctor tells you, do what I said ontop of it. Especially if you take any of that medicine they give you. I think it destroys the vitamin C in your body, which you need to have.

Silus Xilarian
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:40:18 PM
My throat feels like a vice grip is closing in on it

Feel the wrath of my Force Choke!!!!

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously though...I hope ya get to feeling better man, lemme know if ya need anything

James Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:12:28 PM
You can't OD on vitamin C, but it'll give you diarhea if you take too much. :x

Feel better. Why make threads to complain though? We can't do a thing for you. *pats him on the back* Go to the hospital or quit your whining!!

;)

Dae Jinn
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:28:02 PM
I know, didn't we tell you to see a doctor, LAST time? Or am I just suffering from Deja Vu? ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:36:56 PM
And he didn't go...and he's sick again!

Surprise surprise!! :D

Dae Jinn
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:38:24 PM
See Charley? You should listen to us women, we're usually right. Rest, drink lots of non-alcoholic drinks and take care fo yourself. See a damn doctor.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:56:18 PM
drink lots of non-alcoholic drinks

Pay attention to that part especially!!

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:56:53 PM
Hmm...well...whiskey seems to make the throat feel better.

Lady Vader
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:58:18 PM
And you probably aren't eating properly. Your body needs certain foods to maintain certain vitamins to keep your immune system healthy... otherwise you get sick!

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:11:36 AM
I eat 3 pieces of fruit a day, either some pasta or rice for lunch, and a salad for supper, and drink about 3 gallons of water. How's them apples.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:14:15 AM
not enough meat in your diet. tsk tsk!!

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:16:56 AM
not enough meat in your diet. tsk tsk!!

AMEN!

You need protein! Ok, A) you can't build muscle without meat, and B) it actually AIDS your metabolism.

You need more substance in your diet.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:35:04 AM
more meals are actually better for you than just three. You'll lose weight honest. (of course, not a lot of big meals, just a lot of small ones.)

Lord Soth
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:03:06 AM
Sage has hit it pretty much dead on...Three 1,000 mg. tab's of vitamin C every four hour's bro...Don't drink orange juice, it only promotes bacteria and that's what you don't want.

When you take a shower, start off with hot water (*What you can tolerate without burning yourself and not so cold that you get a chill) and end it with cool water...Do this for as long as your symptom's run their course. It help's open the air way's and aids better blood circulation throughout the body. The cool water help's restore the even temperature back to it's normal range quicker and is soothing as well. I would suggest you pay a lil visit to the Doc since your sickness has persisted now over three week's...That's the wise thing to do...:)

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:11:23 AM
Good advice. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:23:49 AM
btw...my salad has chicken or turkey in it, so HA...

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:25:08 AM
:rolleyes

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:32:36 AM
Meat is expensive. I can't afford to put too much of it in my diet.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:50:41 AM
Eat those cheap little hot dogs or something bro.

Yeah Soth hit is good too on that shower thing. Really helps to just rest your head under the shower head and let the water do it's work. Very soothing and relaxing.

If you have a stuffed up nose, it works great for that too. And if you do have a stuffed up nose, drink hot tea. Smell it often, letting the steam get into your nostrils. Then take sips and hold them in your mouth a couple of seconds. Makes the roof of your mouth warm, and thus your nostrils. Melts the mucus like butter.

I'd eat tons of tomatoes, pickles, and olives if I was you. Those always make me feel better for some reason. Eat lots of salt too. Get some salty crackers and a shaker of salt. Start chewing one and chase it with a few hits of the salt.

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:56:21 AM
I can never eat too much salt. It alwasy makes my blood feel HEAVY. I can actually feel my heart having to work harder to get the salt out of my blood.

And that tea idea (melting boogies and such) is a good idea! I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to try that when I have a cold next time (which I hope is a loooooooooooooooooong time from now).

Sage Hazzard
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:01:54 AM
Works like a dream. You usually have to keep doing it but for like, 3 hours, you feel like you're healthy again. Actually, I just remembered, cures my sore throat for a period of time. So Sanis dude, try this. Really. If you have a coffe maker, you should be able to make hot tea easily. Just pour the water in in like usual, replace the filter with the tea bag, start it up. After it all goes in the pot, take the tea bag out and swish it around in the pot. The pour it and drink. Takes like 20 minutes to make.

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:04:25 AM
I make green tea all the time anyway :)

Sage Hazzard
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:14:50 AM
The brand I use is Lipton. Isn't Green Tea something else than generic tea? I don't think it's the same thing. Though I'm not an expert on tea. :lol My pop's told me to do that and it'd solve my sickness. So I did it. He said something about something in the tea, that is natural, something that helps oxygen flow or something. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:21:25 AM
Green tea is far healthier, if not crappier tasting. Not crappy per se, just that its an "acquired taste". But it is extremely healthy to drink.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:56:49 AM
Yet you're sick. ;) Just kidding. Yeah I know this junk probably doesn't do much good, as far as health goes. Makes my throat feel better though. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 03:13:30 AM
Well, I haven't been drinking it lately.

Mistress Tatiana
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:09:58 PM
I can almost bet on it that you're not getting enough sleep either. I'm in the same boat as you charley. I've gotten sick 4 times already this year alone. Basically every two weeks, and it's because of too much stress and I haven't been getting enough rest.

You need to take care of yourself. Eat well, sleep well, and you should be okay. Another thing that does wonders, and I mean wonders is Cold-Eeze. It's loaded with zinc. They're like throat drops. Just pop one in your mouth, suck on it till it's gone, and do that again every couple of hours. It kinda tastes funny, but it's not gross. I buy the orange flavor. I guarentee you'll feel so much better in the morning. It cuts your symptoms and everything by half. Btw, don't drink anything citrus 30min before or after taking the Cold-Eeze cause it makes the zince uneffective.

So, you've gotten a lot of good advice here Charley. Go get your tea, some Cold-Eeze, and a nice shower. :)

Silus Xilarian
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:35:18 PM
Becareful about the shower thing though. Make sure the change is VERY gradual. Going from Hot to Cold too quickly will through off the statis in your body and weaken your immune system. And above all else, make yourself comfortable at all times. The human body is very good at knowing whats wrong with itself, even if the brain cant figger it out, so trust tendancies and such (unless its to grab a beer)

When im sick, I eat whatever looks tempting, even if I know I dont like the taste. And I make it very clear to everyone around me that im sick, expecially those people at work, so everyone will know to back up and lemme relax...

Stress hurts the immune system......