PDA

View Full Version : Destinies: Questions (Aaron Belargic) [completed]

James Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:44:30 AM
James Prent, padawan to Salemn Lysce, was wandering the halls of the living quarters again. She was pondering the vision of Jax Tondry that she had had, and wishing that she could talk with someone more...experienced than she was.

Salemn was out of system on a mission of some sort, and so James was looking for Dasquian Belargic. He had befriended and assisted her in her search for Salemn through the underbelly of Coruscant. Well, more like she had tagged along with him. Council member, Jedi Knight...there were many things about the tall blond Jedi which made him a valuable friend and adivsor.

She was hoping for some good advice. The dark figure in the vision had to be a real person, but she didn't have any idea how to interpet visions in the first place. Maybe it wasn't anyone at all.

James stopped outside of Dasquian's suite, and hesitated before finally knocking.

Aaron Belargic
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:05:48 PM
Inside, there was a thud and the sound of something shifting or perhaps falling, before anyone answered the door. Aaron had been searching about in one of Dasquian’s chest to find a book belonging to his brother – he did not share quarters with him, so was only here for a moment and felt a pang of panic when a knock came at the door.

When it slid aside a woman, who he could sense was a Jedi, stood in the hall. He smiled politely, and asked:

“Can I help you with something?”

James Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:49:56 AM
She looked up into the throat of the blonde Jedi, and then looked up more to his face. "I..." Frell, now that she was here, what was she going to say? Dasquian looked at her a little blankly, and she almost lost her courage. Surely he remembered her?

"I had a question about visions. If you have time some time, maybe you could answer it?" The five foot tall Jedi bit her lip, and then smiled hopefully.

Aaron Belargic
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:55:04 AM
“I could try and help, if you want ... if you want Dasquian’s help though, I don’t think he’s going to be back until later on in the day,” Aaron replied as he momentarily looked back into the empty room, noting that a lot of equipment had been taken, presumably on some full day training exercise.

James Prent
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:42:04 AM
She started, and then peered up at him. "You...you're not Dasquian?" James frowned a little. Was he playing a trick on her?

Aaron Belargic
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:22:38 AM
“I’m not, no. Sorry.”

He smiled somewhat nervously before adding.

“I’m Aaron…”

There was no real sign of recognition from the girl, so he carried on.

“His twin brother?”

James Prent
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:27:28 PM
Her mouth formed a perfect little 'o.' "Well....that explains it." James flushed, and then recovered, sticking out her hand. "I'm James Prent. I've had some dealings with your brother, and I was hoping he'd be able to answer some questions of mine."

Aaron shook her hand, a firm grip, yet soft. James stuck her hands back into the pockets of her robes, and stepped back a little from the door. "If you think you can help me, though..?"

The resemblence was uncanny. She'd have to see both of them side by side to figure out how to tell them apart.

Aaron Belargic
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:48:47 PM
“A pleasure to meet you, James – and I can certainly try to help you.”

Though Aaron had not had so much contact with the members of this Order, and the people of his time, he had his background as a Jedi Knight to credit him, and was willing to wager that his advice was as sound as his brothers.

James Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:07:17 PM
She smiled a little, and then questioned, "Could you take a walk with me then? Or is there somewhere we could talk?" James looked a little ...scared? as she thought about what she wanted to ask him. The visions were few and far between, but frightening enough to give her nightmares.

Was it the future? It wasn't the past, she was sure of that. Jax was here in the present, and her visions always included the child in some way. But what did they mean? She hoped that Aaron might be able to shed some light on the situation.

Aaron Belargic
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:04:09 PM
“Sure I can take a walk with you,”

Aaron looked back over his shoulder into his brothers’ room for a moment – he had left it relatively untouched, and it didn’t look as though much had been moved around, so Dasquian wouldn’t be aware that he had even visited. Locking the door behind him, he stepped out into the hallway and smiled at James before leading the way off down the hallway. The Order had many small courtyards were training was conducted, and one of these would make an excellent place to talk.

“What is it that you want to talk about?”

James Prent
Mar 17th, 2003, 07:00:42 PM
They walked quietly for a few moments as she pondered his question. Just pretend he's Dasquian, you already know him. Or...well no I can't pretend he's someone he isn't. James folded her hands in front of her, and looked up and sideways at the much taller Jedi Knight. "I've been having disturbing visions. I've never experienced anything like them before, and ...well..I'm disturbed." She chuckled, and added, "I just don't know what to make of them."

Aaron Belargic
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:17:51 AM
“Visions?”

Aaron pondered to himself. He too, like many other Jedi, had experienced this phenomenon, but had never seen anything that could be considered disturbing.

“Of what precisely?”

James Prent
Mar 26th, 2003, 03:10:51 AM
She stopped walking, and looked up at him as he stopped as well. "I met a small boy a few weeks ago. He's the son of one of the other older padawans. Anyway, I met him, and I found myself in another place. He was there...the kid, that is, and he was screaming. Terrified, y'know? There was something...evil there as well, and I dunno if it was threatening him or what. But I had a lightsaber and I was going to defend Jax. That's his name."

James shrugged, "I don't know what it is about him -" she stepped closer to Aaron to avoid being mowed down by a group of very young padawans, "But he took to me right away. And I've been having that vision now in my dreams. Its mostly when I'm sleeping, but I've been caught out a few times in the halls, just staring into space as this ...thing takes over my mind for five minutes." She didn't step back again, but turned to face the way they had been walking. "I just have no idea what to make of it."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:59:26 AM
Aaron folded his arms over his chest as he walked, contemplating this. By no means was he as ‘wise’ or diplomatically inclined as his brother, but he had a stab at a reply.

“Perhaps this… evil will be realized in the future, and you will have to defend this boy. Though on the other hand, there could be some other unseen force at work here, trying to cage you into a trap.”

Aaron chewed his lower lip thoughtfully, “Can you think of anyone who would want to hurt you or the boy? … Even if there isn’t anyone obvious, I would stay by him as much as you can. Dreams this potent and frequent don’t usually occur without reason for Jedi, or so I’m told.”

James Prent
Apr 6th, 2003, 05:44:55 PM
James took more steps than Aaron to keep up with his longer stride. "I don't know of anyone who would harm me. And Jax...well I dunno. I've watched him a few times, because his mom isn't around -"

She stopped walking again, and Aaron took a few steps before he realized she wasn't next to him anymore. He looked back at her.

"May be his mother?" She made a face, and added, "I don't know much about her, not even a name, and Pierce doesn't like to talk about it. I guess I could find out more about her. Maybe she's the key."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:21:13 AM
If that didn’t sound suspicious, then Aaron did not what did.

“Yes, perhaps she should be contacted. She may have some answers as to who would want to endanger the child…”

The Jedi turned fully, so he was face-on with James. For some reason, he could sense something wrong with this situation; some danger not yet visible which was waiting to ambush the Jedi.

“Treat it with a fair amount of tact. It is possible, however unlikely, that the mother could be a danger to her child.”

James Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:52:23 AM
"I don't know, I -" James' eyes became vacant as she stopped in mid sentance, her mouth still slightly open.

She was surrounded by darkness, and could only hear the screams of Jax. He wasn't in pain, he was frightened. A purple lightsaber flashed in front of her, and she brought her saber up to meet it, the blades crackling together with the odor of ozone.

'Die Jedi bitch.' The voice was flat, monotone, and neither male or female. James struggled to bring her lightsaber up again, but it was like trying to move through molasses. The purple blade swept down and across...through her body in what should have been searing pain. James toppled over, dying....

James Prent
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:26:56 AM
The padawan fell to the ground.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:40:13 AM
It struck Aaron that it looked as though James was in pain, or at least distressed, and he was about to question this when suddenly his fellow Jedi crumpled to the floor. His eyes widened as he followed – dropping to his knees as in an attempt to try and catch James before she hit the floor. He managed, awkwardly, to end up with his arms beneath her, and lifted her limp body slightly.

“James? … James!”

Of course there was no one else around – and Aaron hadn’t the ability to heal her back to health, so whilst trying to probe her mind with the Force, lifted the Padawan as best he could and began trying to make his way towards a med-lab (wherever one was).

James Prent
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:20:39 AM
With a start the padawan came to, arms flailing in sheer panic. "Get away from me! I'll - !" Aaron managed to pin her arms down before she smacked him in the face, and James' expression faded from terror to confusion.

And then to comprehension. "Oh."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:19:26 AM
Again, there was a look of dumb confusion on Aaron’s face, mixed in with a little fear.

“… What just happened?!”

James Prent
Apr 19th, 2003, 12:39:36 PM
Aaron placed her feet back on the ground, and she stepped over to a bench and sat down. "I - I just had another vision." James was shaking uncontrollably, and she clasped her hands tightly together. She'd never ...died...in the visions before.

What did it mean? Was she going to die in the future confrontation? She opened her mouth to try to explain, but then dissolved into tears.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 27th, 2003, 03:35:07 AM
Aaron set one hand down on top of James’, giving a light squeeze. His eyes remained focused on hers, although they were bleary and remaining focused on the ground for the most part. The Jedi tried as best he could to sound comforting, a small, sad smile working onto his lips.

“Don’t get upset, now… they’re just visions. You know so long as you are among the Jedi you’re safe.”

James Prent
May 5th, 2003, 04:25:33 AM
She clutched at his arm unexpectedly, tears leaking out from her tightly shut eyes as she shook her head. "I don't know what they mean...I'm so frightened." James' face was stark white with fear...fear of the future and what it might bring. "If they are of the future, and I know they aren't of the past, then something awful is going to happen to me. I'm not strong enough to face this."

The short padawan buried her face in his sleeve.

Aaron Belargic
May 9th, 2003, 12:18:57 PM
Aaron sighed quietly, “Hey… come here.”

Lightly hugging James, he gently patted her back.

“Worrying about it will do nothing now, will it?” he asked, looking down, “… All you can do is train to be the best you can, so that if anything does happen, you will be prepared. Until then…”

There was a degree of uncertainty in his voice at this point, “Just don’t worry.”

James Prent
May 13th, 2003, 02:33:02 AM
"Easy for you to say." Her words were mumbled against his shoulder, but a glint of her old humor was shining through once more. James pulled back from the hug, and nodded. "I'm trying not to worry. And I've started training with your brother...to get better at the whole 'not killing myself with a lightsaber' thing."

She managed a wan smile.

Aaron Belargic
May 27th, 2003, 03:12:52 AM
“Well there you go. You’re already getting yourself a few tricks you can pop up your sleeve to help you in any awkward situations,” Aaron smiled.

“Remember as well that though planning for something like this seems like the right idea, worrying about it will do nothing… just try to relax and enjoy yourself. Don’t let it drag you down… could affect your training if you allow that.”

James Prent
May 28th, 2003, 11:31:23 PM
"Yeah, I guess you're right." She rubbed a hand over her forehead, and then looked at him again. "So, different subject. I haven't seen you around here before, or maybe I just always thought you were your brother. Have you been on Coruscant long?"

Aaron Belargic
May 30th, 2003, 04:16:10 AM
“I’ve been on Coruscant for months, just not here. I, ah, spent a while in the old Imperial prison cells… didn’t have the strength to get out, even when the Empire had ceased to control Coruscant, with the anti-force security they had employed,”

Aaron recalled being found by Dasquian, and how amazing it had felt to suddenly have that rush of the Force back in him.

“In all honesty you probably have mistaken me for him a few times already. Most people do.”

James Prent
Jun 1st, 2003, 11:25:37 PM
She thought about that for a moment. "I bet that makes things awkward." Dasquian had never really up and said anything but she'd seen and heard enough around the Jedi temple to know that he had some dealings with a certain woman. I wonder what she thought when she first saw Aaron! James smiled. "When you were growing up, did you ever play tricks on people, and pretend you were the other twin? Gods I wish I had a twin."

Aaron Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:09:48 AM
“Once or twice,” Aaron smiled a guilty little smile – not only had he done it when he was younger, but he’d done it recently too, although no one had noticed yet.

“I’ve had a few funny reactions from people though. You know, hurrying me to the Council room to deal with things, complaining about training, getting kissed. Yet no one ever confuses Dasquian with me. I think half of the Order don’t even realize I’m here yet, that must be the problem,” he laughed quietly.

James Prent
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:19:54 AM
"Well now I'll be the one who calls you both the wrong names!" James chuckled at that, and then glanced down at her chrono. "Oh no! I have to get to my room...I'm supposed to spend a certain amount of hours meditating every other day, and today is the day."

The padawan got to her feet, stretching out a bit from her fall on the hard ground. "Thanks, Aaron, for taking care of me and helping me out. I do appreciate it. And ...well maybe we can do lunch sometime?" She smiled hopefully.

Aaron Belargic
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:38:54 AM
Nodding firmly, Aaron smiled and replied:

“That’s be great. I’ll… uh… call you,” he hazarded, “to arrange that sometime soon. Enjoy your meditation!”

James Prent
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:21:35 PM
"Ooh," James stuck her hands in the pockets of her padawan robes and pulled out a bit of flimsy and a stub of a pencil. "Comm number," she explained as she scribbled quickly, and then handed the scrap to Aaron. "That should make it easier."

She took in a deep breath, and grinned. "I feel better...thank you so much." Her feet were already taking her down the hall towards the 'lifts and her room. "I'll talk to you later!"