PDA

View Full Version : I know this may be silly...

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:12:31 AM
But I'm trying to document the Great Gronk War, which still continues. Does anyone really remember when it all really began? I sort have the thought it's been really going for over a year, but just investigating, it seems possibly two.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8472&highlight=Gronk

Anyone else have any potential memories when it began?

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12776&perpage=50&highlight=GRONK&pagenumber=5

I think this is where the present Gav / Marcus skirmish began?

James Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:06:36 AM
Gonk!!!

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:14:36 AM
Gonk!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:35:39 AM
We win. :D

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:40:44 AM
Woohoo! :D

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:41:20 AM
Gronk!

Brask
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:56:39 AM
Que?

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:04:26 AM
GRONK!

Da-ku Etanial
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:29:06 AM
BONK!

*bonks everyone*

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:38:41 AM
Gronk wars...oh the horror! :p Actually, I think they're rather fun. I liked the BONK response, BTW. And as for me....

GRONK!

I just like making that sound.

Brask
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:41:07 PM
Again: que?

Mistress Tatiana
Mar 7th, 2003, 03:14:59 PM
GONK! :p

(Brask, if you remember in A New Hope when the droids were in the holding area inside the Jawa trailer, there was a little droid that is shown briefly. It's grey and walks on two legs. It looks like a walking trash can basically. He makes the sound Gonk. Now, you have some weird people here who thinks he's saying Gronk, but it's really Gonk. :p Go watch that part and then come back here and tell us what you think he's saying. :))

Sigil Roland
Mar 7th, 2003, 04:36:15 PM
<marquee>Gronk!</marquee>

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:00:55 PM
It's GRONK!

Admiral Lebron
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:08:37 PM
Its gronk...

http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26033&highlight=gronk

A more recent showing. . .

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:11:03 PM
Uh... it's so totally Gonk and you all know it. :D

Marcus v4
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:47:47 PM
Oh. It appears that I have come into the midst of an argument, regarding the colloquialization of a specific type of a sentient machine. Perhaps I may be of assistance.

It appears there are no droids referenced under either disputed entry. I will have to broaden my search parameters...

...Ah. I believe I now understand the nature of the argument. If I may hypothesize, you are making onomatopoetic references to a specific droid. My digital language libraries indicate there is a 98.992% chance that the droid in dispute is a <a href=http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/powerdroid/eu.html>Veril Line Systems Industrial Automaton GNK unit</a>. Such droids are quite common, and are a vital and integral component of any droid community, providing energy to droids much like myself. Their design is quite basic, and crude. They have limited artificial intelligence, a binary communication mode, and a basic ambulatory locomotion system. Stand by, I will attempt to extrapolate the GNK binary command list, and overlay it against both disputed phrases.

Process complete. The GNK automaton unit has an identification parameter that is a 99.998% match with the onomatopoeia term "Gonk". It serves as a reminder for all droids within transmission range to recharge, if their power reservoirs are running low. I am afraid that I cannot find a binary command entry for "Gronk". It does not appear to be a part of the GNK automaton's command structure. Perhaps there is a pronounciation error, indigenous to the speaker's locale? Shall I attempt to compensate for all jargons and dialects native to the southern hemisphere of Sol?

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:54:27 PM
Rox0r!

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:21:47 PM
As if a droid knows what right.

Figrin D'an
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:38:15 PM
Originally posted by Marcus v4
Oh. It appears that I have come into the midst of an argument, regarding the colloquialization of a specific type of a sentient machine. Perhaps I may be of assistance.

It appears there are no droids referenced under either disputed entry. I will have to broaden my search parameters...

...Ah. I believe I now understand the nature of the argument. If I may hypothesize, you are making onomatopoetic references to a specific droid. My digital language libraries indicate there is a 98.992% chance that the droid in dispute is a <a href=http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/powerdroid/eu.html>Veril Line Systems Industrial Automaton GNK unit</a>. Such droids are quite common, and are a vital and integral component of any droid community, providing energy to droids much like myself. Their design is quite basic, and crude. They have limited artificial intelligence, a binary communication mode, and a basic ambulatory locomotion system. Stand by, I will attempt to extrapolate the GNK binary command list, and overlay it against both disputed phrases.

Process complete. The GNK automaton unit has an identification parameter that is a 99.998% match with the onomatopoeia term "Gonk". It serves as a reminder for all droids within transmission range to recharge, if their power reservoirs are running low. I am afraid that I cannot find a binary command entry for "Gronk". It does not appear to be a part of the GNK automaton's command structure. Perhaps there is a pronounciation error, indigenous to the speaker's locale? Shall I attempt to compensate for all jargons and dialects native to the southern hemisphere of Sol?

For reference, Mr. Droid, nothing capable of jargon and dialect lives on the southern hemisphere of Sol, unless the entity can withstand the high temperatures and pressures inherent to a star. Perhaps you mean Terra?

:p

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:12:50 PM
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
GONK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there! :p

Smeagol the Jedi
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:32:47 PM
My name is GRONK!

Sigil Roland
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:55:22 PM
It will be mad cap GRONK fun!

Gronk is God!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:29:29 AM
gronk just sounds better to me *shrugs*

Kelt Simoson
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:39:01 AM
O_o

Chaos...i tell you the world is Gronk mad...

Figrin D'an
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:23:57 AM
You know... the Lucasfilm spys that surf the net looking for copyright violations probably die laughing at threads like this.

Lady Vader
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:18:40 PM
Wel, if they die, then they can't look for said copyright violations, now can they? :p

Oh and...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!

Alpha
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:22:06 PM
GRONK! :) There, I took my side in the argument. :D

Brask
Mar 10th, 2003, 02:17:36 PM
GONK!!!

no wait

GRONK

er....

*goes back to video player to check again*