PDA

View Full Version : Plummer signs with Broncs

JMK
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:17:59 PM
7 years / $40 million deal. Just heard it on the news. I'm sure there's a link out there somewhere ya lazy bastards. :lol

CMJ
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:21:19 PM
Dang, nice deal, especially for something of a disappointment in AZ(even though he has tons of upside).

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:23:43 PM
Yeah I read about it, not sure if its a good move or not Plummer has had the talent but has never put up consitent numbers.

JMK
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:32:49 PM
Take a look at his receivers though. Did he have a fair chance to be great? I don't know....

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:36:09 PM
He has had some good recievers in Arizona, Frank Sanders and Boston come to mind, he didn't have a running game or much of an Offensive line. Still the Broncos have other problems especially on their defense, and right now if KC signs Douglas I say the Chiefs have a better defense than Denver, especially since the only defense improvement they made is taking Daryl Gardner over McGlocton, and I am not sure if that is an improvement at all.

JMK
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:40:57 PM
Now Plummer will have a good running game to work with, AND have some targets like McCaffrey to throw to. I expect him to do real well. Now I wonder where Griese lands....

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:46:16 PM
Well Arizona is a possibility, the same with Chicago, Carolina, and Dallas.

JMK
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:07:24 PM
What, Miami isn't a possible destination? (I can have dreams, please don't shatter them).

Figrin D'an
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:59:34 PM
Arizona lost David Boston too. He signed with San Diego. Looks like Brees will a big target now.

I actually think Plummer will do well, as long as he can weather the initial pressure that will be put on him to perform well right out of the box. Denver has a good line to protect him, and very good running game to take the pressure off... two things he never had in Arizona.

I have to wonder who is going to be willing to take a chance on Griese now... his contract is way overinflated for his level of production...

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:35:50 PM
If he is cut though I think he will come a lot cheaper.

Jedieb
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:22:49 AM
That's 2 QB's in a row the Broncos have shelled out big bucks for. I don't know if Plummer is going to be able to justify that kind of cash. Griese is a solid QB IMO. The Cowboys could do worse.

sirdizzy
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:20:27 AM
well i think denver is holding onto griese for the time being hoping someone will bite on a trade

but i doubt anyone will and he will be released in july

Sene Unty
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:22:16 PM
Miami won't sign Griese....we got Fiedler.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:56:04 PM
I read this article on ESPN it is a pretty good read

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1519302.html

I have to agree with him really, Plummer is a huge gamble and it maybe too late to turn him around, even if has talent.

Also I have read that Hugh Douglas is going to Dallas and then New York next, it looks like he wants to really test the market before deciding on anything. I am not sure if KC will sign him now, especially if gets into a bidding war. They are looking at two cheaper and younger DE Okeafor from S.F and Dingle from S.D. I don't really blame them they can't sign him to some huge contract considering they need to give Priest a raise.

Jedieb
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:10:44 PM
It's not that the article doesn't bring up some good points, but it seems like Pasquarelli has an axe to gring with Denver and Shanahan. He went out of his way to take cheap shots at the organization and the coach. You knew you were reading a Bronco bashing early on when he characterized Elway's retirement press conference with the word "blubbering." It's not that Shanahan can do no wrong, but if a coach with a solid career winning percentage and 2 Superbowl trophies DOESN'T know what he's doing, then who does? Good ol' Len P.? The only thing it looks like Pasquarelli knows is how to spot a good 'all you can eat' buffet.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:11:47 PM
LOL, still I am not sure if Shannan is a good coach though he still hasn't proven he can win without Elway or T. Davis, I think if this Plummer thing doesn't work out he will end up getting the axe.