PDA

View Full Version : A little advice?

Alpha
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:05:15 PM
Ok, I need some advice. I'm a wee little freshman this year (the lowest of the low, lol), and there's this senior, dumber then a brick, causing trouble for me, my brother, and a friend (the three biggest freshman). At the moment, he's been taking every opprotunity to insult, hit, or trip us. So far, all three of us have ignroed him, but he doesn't take the hint that we won't back down and be afraid of him.

Yesterday, we were taken out of class by our school's cop, and asked if we want to press charges...wow...what a switch. Problem is, he's from one of these families that the parents think their kid can do no wrong...and they are a very big family...Any suggestions? Help? :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:14:39 PM
Don't press charges for something so minor. But, at your next convenience, find an opportunity to beat the total crap out of him, even if it means a total ambush. Keep it clean. No blades, no sticks, no guns, and no tools. Just an old-fashioned beating.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:16:56 PM
1) Dont do what he said :)

2) Dont press charges, it may only make it worse.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:18:35 PM
Why not? At worst, you get detention and some cuts and bruises? Detention passes, cuts and bruises heal, but people don't forget things like that. Its the quickest way to stop someone from messing with you.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:22:36 PM
At worst, he gets you when hes good and ready, and the crapeth is kickedeth out of you.

Dae Jinn
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:23:23 PM
Yeah, but Alpha doesn't want to have charges pressed against him either...:\ I agree with Charley to a degree. You shouldn't have to put up with that kind of crap, Alpha.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:27:57 PM
You aren't going to get charges against you for a barehanded brawl. Thats asinine. Look, I can count the number of fights I've been in my entire life on one hand. But all my friends can tell you, when I decide to fight, its never done in half measures. The last guy to provoke me got clubbed across the back of his head with a football helmet, and a concussion for his trouble. Worst I got was punishment workouts.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:34:07 PM
That was at football, which is totally different. If you're a good student overall you might be able to get away with it, IE maybe suspension at worst.

Denali Gue
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:36:10 PM
How about this:

Inform the cops that you dont want to press charges yet but should his harrassment continue, it is quite possible you will change your mind.

What do your friends say about charging him? Have you spoken to your family about it?

Dae Jinn
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:37:11 PM
But if this guy is only "taking every opprotunity to insult, hit, or trip us" and the school cop is called in, what do you think a three on one brawl will do?

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:38:44 PM
Do what sanis said. Beat his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>, make him hurt. Not only will he get mocked, but if he attacks at a later date he gets in shitloads more trouble then you because hes a senior attacking frosh.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:43:49 PM
But if he does, as Sanis says, a "total ambush", where's the proof? Their word against his.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:45:06 PM
Total Ambush isn't like jumping out from nowhere. If its inbetween classes people will be everywhere. The guy won't know what hit him.

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:48:29 PM
Everyone's advice sounds like a bunch of morons. Don't press charges but see if you can have someone of authority speak with kid. Your a freshman and he's a senior. I take it he is bigger than you, eh?

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:49:04 PM
Crazy beats size everytime.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:49:40 PM
Tackle him into some lockers. Its very effective.

And to hell with authority. The kind of crap that goes by the name of "authority" in schools is so absolutely impotent to deal with these scenarios. Honestly, talking to "someone in authority" on these situations is an utter waste of time. You're all too often told to go away, the problem is ignored, and the cycle continues.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:54:18 PM
So, authority is useless, but he has the chance to press charges? Surely a paradox?

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:56:19 PM
Fights do work. Fourth grade, dude picked on me, we got in a fight. Thirty minutes later we were buds. Seventh grade, got in a fight with a kid, nearly mauled him. He tried to fight me and my friend at the same. Sent him into a heater and nearly took off his head. . . he got expelled last year ...

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:58:01 PM
he got expelled last year ...
Fights work eh? :)

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:58:30 PM
Well, if it continues that authority can speak with the child's parents and identify there's a definite problem. Today, assault and battery is taken alot more seriously. People like to press charges and sue for damages like crazy these days. Unless you live in a ghetto or rough neighborhood where such actions may not proceed to legal matters.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:58:38 PM
He got expelled cos he made some threats to a little kid... like a 3rd grader... (he was in ninth).

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:05:51 PM
Well sue me. I was brought up in a rather rough part of town. I know exactly how useless the discipline measures in schools can be. You couldn't get any kind of preventative measure from pressing charges...not with something that trivial. You honestly think they'd do anything about a school scuffle? There's a time for pressing charges...that's when people get in groups, and get weapons. I gave a guy some lip one day, and that afternoon, he rolled up to my house with a dozen of his boys. From what I could see, a few had baseball bats and chains, and there's no telling what else. I laid low, got my gun, and called the cops. THAT is when you bring the cops into the mix, when they can actually do something.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:08:52 PM
Besides, whats so great about basically bumping into you? It only takes one glance, and he sees you do it. You'd get more chance of success putting a laxative in his drink or something :)

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:10:15 PM
If you're going to fight him, do it by yourself. He's older and bigger than you isn't he? So you still want to fight him?

A three man assault or ambush is shallow and only stooping to his level if not lower. Be bigger than violence. Why not take it to the police? If you feel it will have more negative effects than positive, just take it to the school board. If that's still too bad a risk, just ignore him. Object to it verbally to him if you want but if I were in your place, I would turn around and chin him regardless of the age difference.

If you are going to fight, do it by yourself.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:10:34 PM
Laxative in drink = expulsion or serious suspension. Its a drug. Its a poision basically. And besides, poision is a woman's weapon.

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:15:51 PM
Oh please, spare me. This kid is just an immature punk. He is a <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>in senior for christ's sakes. Just needs some encouragment to grow up. <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> him! I grew up in Rudidoux here in California which a large majority consists of lower-income households. A bunch of welfare babies. I had a mexican gang's turf just five blocks away from me and had a crip gang not far away either. Now that is the <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>!

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:18:10 PM
Laxative in drink = expulsion or serious suspension. Its a drug. Its a poision basically. And besides, poision is a woman's weapon.
And ganging up on someone before running is a MANS way, right? :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:18:15 PM
Object to it verbally to him if you want but if I were in your place, I would turn around and chin him regardless of the age difference.

If you are going to fight, do it by yourself.

Agreed. Lay into him 1 on 1. If others jump in, that's their business.

Anthony Scott
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:19:07 PM
Fighting is not the answer.

I would let the police deal with him in the most appropriate manner. It will make you appear more adult-like if you do anyway. If not -- he may be the one being asked, "Do you want to press charges?" That would definatly be a bad thing, then.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:19:52 PM
Fist fighting is more manly. Hell, one on one. Ambush him, go for the throat. One good punch there and hes done. The rest is easy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:20:04 PM
I'd black his eye next time he hit me.

Of course if he was hitting a girl he has serious problems. And Alpha isn't a girl. :)

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:21:21 PM
If he hit a girl, I doubt he'd last very long... at least where I am from..

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:22:38 PM
You starry-eyed idealists don't understand that in such a relatively minor incident, there isn't really anything that can be done by going to cops. Bust him in the jaw, and settle it right there. If you get detention for it, so be it.

And don't do what Lebron says. There's fighting, and then there's actually trying to kill somebody. Busting lip and putting somebody on their back are enough.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:22:42 PM
You know, I thinking fighting can be quite theraputic in moderation. I used to do it quite a lot when I was younger, I was such a little street rat. :rollin

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:23:42 PM
Well, if hes a senior and your a freshmen.. he's probably twice your side. One on One, senior v. frosh unless hes a midget or your a giant (for your age) you're dead.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:24:25 PM
I'd brawl with my friends on occasion. There's alot to be said for a little common bloodshed between buddies :)

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:24:28 PM
Well it is up Alpha! But consider how sensitive this may result legally. I don't know what kind of people you have in your 'hood.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:24:34 PM
I thinking fighting can be quite theraputic in moderation
Too many blows to the head kills brain cells. I thinking this true ;)

Alpha
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:24:45 PM
hmmm...Thanx for the tips guys...:) I have to admit, I like Fett's idea of the laxative...:evil.

The prob w/ a 1 v 1...He never travels alone. He, like us freshman most of the time, travels in a pack.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:24:59 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Lebron
Fist fighting is more manly. Hell, one on one. Ambush him, go for the throat. One good punch there and hes done. The rest is easy.

That's the worst piece of advice I've seen presented in this thread. I can't believe you've just advised someone to punch another person in the throat.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:25:31 PM
Well, if hes a senior and your a freshmen.. he's probably twice your side. One on One, senior v. frosh unless hes a midget or your a giant (for your age) you're dead.

Yeah, but if you've got the balls to stand up for yourself in a situation like that, thats respect in abundance.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:26:19 PM
I have to admit, I like Fett's idea of the laxative...
Clng film on a toilet at the right angle can cause embaressing wet patches I hear ;)

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:26:34 PM
Maybe so... but not to high schoolers. If I was told a freshmen stood up to a senior and got his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> beat, I'd laugh then not even remember it in a day or so.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:28:26 PM
I'm not that far removed from High School. I do know about these things from experience, grasshopper.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:28:44 PM
If I heard about a kid standing up to someone like that. He'd have my respect immediatly. Bullying is the most pathetic thing but can cause serious trauma and needs to be dealt with and stopped immediatly. I'll be damned the day I don't stand up for myself or my friends.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:29:32 PM
And I'm living it. I've been around enough to know how it goes. Hell, if a frosh got beat up by a senior I probably wouldn't hear about it... although... Alpha provoke him and lose. Then he gets suspended for attacking you.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:31:31 PM
I had a better defense system. I stayed as the runty geeky one that for some reason was liked by a lot of the "hard" people. Hence, a near diplomatic immunity occured, where people either liked me or were friends with someone who liked me. Worst that ever happened to me was being shut in a room for 45 minutes :)

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:31:58 PM
Oh. I'm friends with three biggest guys in school. 'Nuff said.

Alpha
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:34:30 PM
I am too. except this dude is bigger. I'm decently sure I could take him in a fight, but that is my last wish. Also, the problem is removing him from his group to do that...Ugh.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:35:40 PM
Do my toilet seat idea first and trust me, they'll move ;)

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:35:57 PM
Call him out... he'll think you're being wussy... then one across the face...

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:36:28 PM
Where I come being struck is not easily swallowed or forgiven.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:38:36 PM
Just an observation here. I would say that my moral compass is evry well attuned to even the most subtle degrees of right and wrong and despite it telling me that fighting is wrong, violence is not the answer, etc. one cannot allow themselves to be so naive, especially in this day and age when nothing is sacred. The majority of people you meet are likely to not possess the same judgement of right and wrong as yourself, don't assume this but prepare for it.

Being a pacifist with someone who thrives on bullying and beatings and abuse will do very little to stop them, at his age, he should know better but doesn't so his ways wont change very quickly. So you have to be both pragmatic about these issues as well as being the next Ghandi. If we were all angels and this bully was a one-in-a-million then things would be different, unfortunately they are not. So you have to be prepared to stand up for youself because the simple fact of life is that it's a tough world and you wont make it through without a few cuts and bruises. Just keep a clear distinction between cuts and bruises and stabbing and gunshot wounds.

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:44:44 PM
Cuts and bruises easily escalate to stabbings and gunshot wounds.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:46:13 PM
Some bully for the reaction. They want an excuse. Dont give into his terror tactics. Be yourself! Didnt Bush say something like that once? Listen to your President! :)

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:47:24 PM
Originally posted by Dirjj Mordrai
Cuts and bruises easily escalate to stabbings and gunshot wounds.

Only for idiots. You only need a brain to avoid getting mixed up in that.

Edits - Besides, my statement was more of an analogy than to be taken literal. But it applies in both instances.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:47:32 PM
Agreed. Keep your head. There's a difference between a rollicking beat-down to take the wind out of a bully's sails, and doing something where you risk actual injuries or worse. That's what's wrong with the picture these days. So many people with knives and guns, who try to accomplish what should be done with their wits, and at last resort, their fists.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:47:45 PM
Go for the ankles..

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:50:14 PM
Lebron, a minute ago you said his Throat. Are you working the whole body or something? I mean, you DID miss the kneecaps :)

And remember this when listening to those that say about how standing up for yourself gets you respect. Respect means precisely diddly when your bruised all over and mixing a tooth, wincing as you get out a chair.

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:51:07 PM
Well, I didn't bother to read all of the suggestions but Sanis' seemed like the most effective from my view point. A lot people rant on about how fighting doesn't solve the problem, well being a junior in high school now and my experiences through school, I can tell you it does.

I'm not talking about putting the guy in the hospital or nothing, but just a fat lip and a black eye, the elementary stuff. If your school is anyway like mine the fight will only last a good five minutes until it's broken up. That's not enough time to do anything serious.

The whole reason the guy is picking on you is because you're taking it. You ignore him, and that's the sole reason he keeps coming back. Maybe back in our parents' day that would have solved the problem, but it just doesn't work anymore.

Basically, just stand up to him. Don't throw the first punch, but don't just walk away. Odds are he doesn't want anymore of a fight than you do, for fear of getting in trouble. Unless he's a hard <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> he'll just give a little bit of trash talk to keep face, then go on about his business.

As for the part about his buddies jumping in if you fight one on one? As long as it's on school grounds the chances of his buddies jumping in are slim. Why would they risk possible suspension just to save a buddy from a little roughing up? You're either going to walk away with a sense of gratification in beating him down or you'll walk away a bruise or two.

Either way, the bullying will stop. After a fight he won't want to risk getting into trouble again.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:52:06 PM
Respect means precisely diddly when your bruised all over and mixing a tooth, wincing as you get out a chair.

These things fade far far quicker than respect.

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:52:16 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
Only for idiots. You only need a brain to avoid getting mixed up in that.

Edits - Besides, my statement was more of an analogy than to be taken literal. But it applies in both instances.

No absolutely not. Some places people can take their image very seriously. If you dis them or make them look bad it can have serious results. It's all about image. Image!

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:54:18 PM
If it gets to that, then the police can actually serve a purpose in the matter.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:56:08 PM
Just stand up for yourself. Confront him, and tell him to bugger off. Worse he does is scoff, rant and rave, and sock you a good one. Then sock him one back.

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:57:10 PM
Christ, my reply was longer than I wanted it to be.

Snack's got it on point, read his.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:57:14 PM
If he hits you three times in one incident, the gloves go off. I tend to agree with Charley, having the police talk to this asshat and his folks won't amount to much.

If you smack him good a few times that might get the message across. I never fought in highschool because I generally left people alone and usually had 2-3 inches on them.

If he's going out of his way, and swings at you, smack him between the eyes.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:57:22 PM
If your school is anyway like mine the fight will only last a good five minutes until it's broken up. That's not enough time to do anything serious.
1) IF. What if it isnt.

2) One punch can do something serious. 30 seconds can do major damage.

The whole reason the guy is picking on you is because you're taking it.
Might not be.

You ignore him, and that's the sole reason he keeps coming back.
Prove it. I never got into a fight because I ignored people, and they stopped. Why wind up the person who isnt getting wound up?

Maybe back in our parents' day that would have solved the problem, but it just doesn't work anymore.
Listen Frank Castle, the world hasnt changed so much that we all have to go vigilante :)

Unless he's a hard -Censored- he'll just give a little bit of trash talk to keep face, then go on about his business.
And if he isnt.................then what?

Either way, the bullying will stop. After a fight he won't want to risk getting into trouble again.
Why? He knows that he can get you. Why stop there? If he knows you'll fight and he'll win, you might as well just bring out the bikini-clad woman witha board saying "ROUND 2" there and then.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:59:13 PM
Exactly. That's where the police come in. I have spoken of my fear of ever being in a situation in which I would have to open fire on another person. the thought terrifies me to no end that such a scenario is a possibility in this world.

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:01:13 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
If it gets to that, then the police can actually serve a purpose in the matter.

In some instances, they ain't scared of the police. Streets are dark and people keep to themselves. And too easy to lay-low. That would be further antagonizing things.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:01:40 PM
So what do you want him to do, Fett? Take it like he has been? Have the police talk to his parents who are going to assume their son hasn't done anything wrong, and will just make him more mad at Alpha? I agree with Snack.

Next time he hits you, hit him back. Just don't break your hand. The human head is notoriously hard.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:03:44 PM
Fisticuffs? Well. Actually, if I were in your place, I'd be able to wreak far more havoc to make him leave you guys alone that bashing him across the face. But I'm not you, and to try to tell you how I would handle it is far too detailed and messy.

Sooooo.....

Call him out. Next time he hits you, ask him if he wants to fight you. Tell him that if he wants a fight, all he has to do is ask.

To be honest, I'd probably would press charges, except that it gets far too messy.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:05:06 PM
LD, I said dont involve the police at the start :)

Alph, when you say he hits you, do you mean push or punch?

Call him out. Next time he hits you, ask him if he wants to fight you. Tell him that if he wants a fight, all he has to do is ask.

IF the answer to above is he punches, then I say do waht Wei said. But only for punch. You're not standing up to him, you're just flat out asking him. Puts a lot more pressure on.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:05:17 PM
Just to reiterate on a point Fett made. One punch can do very, very serious damage and that is the main reason I don't fight anymore. I'm a strong person and hold back a lot because of it. A great deal of adults can pack enough power behind a single punch to do very serious harm to another person if they hit a certain place. I lost a friend last year who was punched once in the head, fell down, banged his head and died after a day in intensive care.

The fact that I could kill a person with my bare fists makes me avoid fights because without meaning to do so you could seriously injure someone.

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:11:51 PM
Then again Alpha might just get his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> totally whooped! How's that for advice? You think you can take'm Alphie?

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:13:26 PM
Just do whatever you think is right, Alpha. People differ. Some people will fight on a dime and others are scared to death of it. Personally in that situation I would have socked him the first time he intentionally tried to trip me, if I knew he wasn't just kidding.

That's just because I know how lousy the disciplinary system is at our school (the football coach is the dean of students, if that tells you anything).

Also Dirjj, taking a single <smallfont color=#FF0000>-Censored-</smallfont> whooping is better than a whole school year of embarrassment.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:15:58 PM
But is a whole school year of censored whupping?

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:16:20 PM
In some instances, they ain't scared of the police. Streets are dark and people keep to themselves. And too easy to lay-low. That would be further antagonizing things

Then short of an APC, what are you gonna do? If it comes to that, the police are the best option. May not be a perfect one, but you gotta take what you can get. But for the little fish, don't even bother.

Here's a bit of little-known Buddhist pragmatism, that I thought was interesting :)

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
-The Dalai Lama

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:18:34 PM
Grev, there is a size and age difference between. Call'em a chickenturd, Alpha! Call him out for being a punk!!!

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:20:10 PM
Ahah, that size and age doesn't matter much once you get out of elementary school.

Kelt Simoson
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:23:57 PM
I must admit i was bullied quite often in school by a few certain kids. I ignored and ignored and ignored and it does little to no good because they know they are betting to you. One day at, it was one of my last days at high school he start again. I lost my temper and went on a total rampage on the guy, the anoyence of 5 years of total miserey kicked off in me and i ended up beating him to the ground, he was hurt about 15X worse than i was.

Did he bully me again?...Nah

But like alot of guys said violence is not the key, sure it worked for me but i had been under 5 years of crap and it was the final straw i think, and my last resort.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:26:22 PM
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Simple but true. Personally, Nelson Mandella is my inspirational hero. There's a great documentary series on about him at the moment which has inspired me to re-read his autobiography. Even he realised that violence is the logical step when all the avenues of logic are blocked.

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:31:44 PM
Tell ya what Alpha, next time he tries to punk yer <smallfont color=#FFFF00>-Censored-</smallfont> whail away. Plow him with your fists and dont stop. Scream at him and call him a chickenturd muther<smallfont color=#FFFF00>-Censored-</smallfont>er while you do this!

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:32:11 PM
Even he realised that violence is the logical step when all the avenues of logic are blocked.
But logic like that also creates terrorists. Why do you think the IRA blows stuff up?

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:36:34 PM
Like I said...I don't go looking for fights. Not unless its a recreational brawl or something. I've got an extremely long fuse, and I always try to diffuse a situation and avoid a violent conflict. But things just shy of the apocalypse happen when the fuse runs out. Alot of people have told me that they aren't worried about the occasional hot-head at school that gets into a scuffle every other week. They worry about me, when I decide to fight, because when I do, I'm nowhere nearly recognizable as the person I normally am.

I'm also bitterly defensive of friends. I have very high standards to consider somebody a friend, but if I do, that means something far above being an acquiantance. This past Christmas holiday, there were some people that did one of my friends very wrong. He was in no condition to confront them over it, so he sent a mutual friend to do so. But, they both refused to let me come along, because I probably would've put somebody in the hospital. So they sent A GUY WITH A CONCEALED PISTOL to defuse the situation, rather than me, unarmed.

There's a reason I don't fight. You won't like me when I'm that angry.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:36:37 PM
That's going off on an unrelated tangent. Again, as before, my statement was an analogy and to be taken figuratively. Besides, the violent actions of Mandella and those like him back in the day were in response to the denial of free speech and in an effort to liberate themselves from an oppressive, white government. Important difference to IRA cases. But that is unrelated to this topic really.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:37:31 PM
Stop being so contrary Fett. You aren't contributing anymore beyond being an asshat.

I still think Alpha should pop him one... or more if he keeps coming. After that, if he tries to fight you again then you go to the police.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:40:05 PM
Fett, Knees do nothing from the front... now if you're ambushing, sent him to his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> by placing a kick in the back of the knee. And Alpha, if he gets you in a head lock, bite him!

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:42:28 PM
Also, if he's bigger and older than you, Alpha, and starts bullying you just hit him in the nuts. As a general rule of thumb I never hit below the belt but if push comes to shove and you need to defend yourself, do that. He wont be bigger than you if you do that either.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:43:36 PM
When fighting guys who want to kill you, anything goes.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:43:43 PM
Hitting the pills is immoral. Bite his ear off.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:43:46 PM
Stop being so contrary Fett. You aren't contributing anymore being being an asshat.
Its the Morg bash of the day! Because in this life, having a different opinion is BAD! :)

That's going off on an unrelated tangent. Again, as before, my statement was an analogy and to be taken figuratively.
Well, in a way my point was analogical. There's the logical step and the "logical" step. If you can defend yourself as the main thing, then all power to you. But dont turn it to the extent that he is the one whos defending, as who is in the wrong then? To somes eyes, it would be you.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:45:46 PM
Hitting the pills is immoral.

So is picking on guys three years younger then you and who have yet to finish puberty.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:47:01 PM
Eh, different ballpark. Just bite his ear off. Get some protein in ya.

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:49:03 PM
While I do support physically solving this, I don't condone hitting a man in his cods. Leave them be, that's just... I can't believe you suggested that.

I've seen small guys put a pretty good (and clean) fight.

As long as you keep your head clear and have little ounce of speed in you. Duck his punches and after a few good shots to the gut he ought to be out of breath.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:49:36 PM
Fett - Well, only you have the power to ensure that your actions are defensive and not offensive. If you are being attacked or permanently harrassed then you have the right to defend yourself by using your fist and not your mouth if needs be. It makes a much more immediate statement but once again, it's about moderation and staying to one side of the line and never crossing it.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:49:36 PM
Meh. If a senior picked on my last year, I'd nail him in the nuts.

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:51:10 PM
I know a dude that had his nipple bit off after getting someone in vice headlock!

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:52:16 PM
I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to strangers and/or bullies, but one thing I won't resort to is kicking a man in the balls.

Although I have no problem with giving a friend a shot in the balls, but we're just horse playing.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:52:18 PM
I was thrown in a headlock once... bit the kid.. he let go. I turned around and socked him in the face.

Remind me never to horse around with you Grev.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:54:11 PM
"I can't believe you suggested that."

I suggested hitting him in the nuts, not breaking his skull with a bat. The former is quick and effective, if your smaller and want to bring a physical confrontation to an end, do it. If the bully is bigger and older they damn well deserve it and I reserve them no sympathy.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:54:45 PM
Right on Loki!

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:56:20 PM
Out of preference, I like catching somebody in a quick sleeper hold, applying it just long enough for them to get good and sluggish, then, breaking the hold, and giving them a WAKE-UP CALL left cross, and a kick to the stomach to put them on the floor. Maximum disorientation, and a sure-fire way to end a fight without too much incident.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:56:41 PM
Id never kick someone in the balls unless desperate or they did it first. To fight dirty could be like telling your opponent all the special moves on a beat em up game.

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:57:00 PM
Well, it may be just me, but if I get into a fight and someone socks me in the balls leaving me helpless on the ground with everybody laughing. I'll be more likely to seek revenge than I would from just getting a few shots to the head.

Also, Lebron, we don't necessarily hurt somebody. Just a 'tap', but enough for you to grimace over. In the Agriculture Shop in fourth block it's almost a given you're going to be kicked/punched/slapped in the balls at least once in the period.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:57:09 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to strangers and/or bullies, but one thing I won't resort to is kicking a man in the balls.

Although I have no problem with giving a friend a shot in the balls, but we're just horse playing.

Interesting standards to live by. A bully's bollocks are hallowed ground but with your friends it's anything goes. Scary stuff! :p

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:57:40 PM
I've never thrown the first punch oddly... Worst thats ever happened was that I got a blackeye when some <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> walked up to me and hit me in the face. Same kid I almost mauled.

Chaos Alexander
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:58:03 PM
I only got out of High School a little under a year ago. I say give him a much needed <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>-whippin'

I was in BAnd in High School. I played snare drum. This other guy, a Quad Player, picked on me all year. He was 6'2 and 250 pounds. I was 5'8 and 120 pounds. Near the end of teh year I had enough. He pushed, so I pushed back. Then he punched me in the face. I hit as hard as I could in his gut to knock the breath out of him. Then as he stooped over.....I poped him in the throat to close his whind pipe for a moment. Then I nailed him 4 or 5 time in the face.

I still had problems with him later, but he never pushed. He only talked. When I got back in his face he woudl say I was not worth it and walk away.

The moral of the story.......catch in in the gut, then the throat......then whip his bully <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>. I am with Charly this time.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:58:47 PM
Well, it may be just me, but if I get into a fight and someone socks me in the balls leaving me helpless on the ground with everybody laughing. I'll be more likely to seek revenge than I would from just getting a few shots to the head.
Yeah, thats the other thing. You werent beaten, you were humiliated. Mucho Paback could be coming your way connected to his fist.

And considering you can kill a guy with a throat punch, I would never reccomend anyone did that.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:59:25 PM
Man after my own heart Alex..

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:01:01 PM
I had a friend my freshman year, and we'd move all the furniture in the downstairs living room, and just go at each other with Jiu-Jitsu. Of course, he was much better at that than I was, as he took the courses, so it was usually him winning the day. But I fought like Russia, and made sure that even if he won, it was a hollow victory. I never tapped on his submissions. He'd have to knock me out to end it :)

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:01:13 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
And considering you can kill a guy with a throat punch, I would never reccomend anyone did that. Definately. The throat and the balls, two places that should be off limits; unless you're in prison.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:01:19 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Yeah, thats the other thing. You werent beaten, you were humiliated. Mucho Paback could be coming your way connected to his fist.

He's a bully. It's not like he's Li Mu Bai or anything. :p

ie. Humiliation is his game.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:03:01 PM
Sanis... I did the same thing with my friend. We both knew a few forms of combat and just went at it. He was a kicker tho, always took out my legs by kicking my thighs. Needless to say I learned how to block low kicks.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:05:46 PM
He's a bully. It's not like he's Li Mu Bai or anything.
Prove it! :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:05:58 PM
:lol you deserve what you get if you lose to a kick-specialist. I've always derided those who use their feet too much. Sorry, but its too easy to counter.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:07:01 PM
He was small as hell, had inhuman balance. I'd block his right, then he'd trip me with his left before I knew it.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:08:26 PM
I think I ought to get a punch bag. I miss friendly fighting. So...much...aggression. :\

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:09:40 PM
There's other ways to let it out. Heck, thanks to some people here, I'd have gone green and shouted "Fett Smash!" constantly had I not found my other ways :)

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:10:45 PM
You guys should play football or lacrosse... they let out anger real quick.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:11:14 PM
My friend's got a big ol punching bag. Great for taking out drunken aggression at the Farm.

And I have a focus pad here. Akrabbim nearly broke it to pieces, and the wall behind it ^_^;

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:12:38 PM
What style does Akrabbim practice anyways?

imported_Grev Drasen
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:13:36 PM
:lol you deserve what you get if you lose to a kick-specialist. I've always derided those who use their feet too much. Sorry, but its too easy to counter. I don't necessarily agree with that. I remember a fight in New York with Muhammed Ali and then professional wrestler Antonio Inoki where Inoki was on his back the entire time; everytime Ali moved in he recieved a kick to the shin/thigh.

Ali was pretty much offenseless, and the fight was stopped by Ali's trainers because his legs were swelling so much. Basically Inoki won the fight without taking hardly a blow.

Edit: It was in New York, not Japan. Anyway, here's a picture I found from the fight if anybody's interested:

http://www.angelfire.com/ma/chiweb/images/ali1.jpg

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:18:28 PM
Well...Ali is just as one dimensional. It takes a balanced art to really be of any use. Essentially, you gotta eventually know how to grapple, because most fights will degenerate into that automatically.

And Akrabbim is a Ninja.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:21:03 PM
Always wanted to learn Ninjitsu... I know Monk Fist and elements of Jujitsu as the assistant instructor knew Jujitsu and felt it would be very useful... it has been.

Naj Arilov
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:24:09 PM
When threatened, I resort to more animalistic measures...

First, using the nearest sink or water fountain, I water my hair and make it stand straight up, to give the appearance that I am bigger/stronger.

Then I do a series of warning gestures, such as stomping my feet and hissing loudly.

If my aggressor doesnt flee, I look at him with a very angered face and yell

"YOU AINT GON POP ME THIS TIME BUBBA, IT JUST AINT HAPPENING. YUR MOMMA'S GONNA BE RIGHT SAD WHEN YOU COME HOME WITH YUR LEG ALL HUMPED"

If they dont flee by this point, I pretty much have to play it by ear :\

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:31:23 PM
LOL. Take Shaolin.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:48:49 PM
I want to take martial arts! I've taken a few styles in the past, but I want to learn something balanced, like Sanis is talking about.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:59:21 PM
Find a general Shaolin school.. they teach Kung Fu.. I am more intamite with the Monk Fist style, but it essentially they are all the same. Its mostly about breathing. Although the coolest thing I ever learned was some drunken fist techniques. Very fun.

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:59:31 PM
I took Shen Lung, which is Shaolin Kung Fu, imported and taught in America. Its not bad at all, especially when you consider that its free. The only trouble is that you gotta be very patient with it to learn much.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:01:50 PM
Yeah. I've spent most of my life (2/3rds) learning it and I'm not even close to being a master.. then there is Arnis where you can become a black belt in under a year.. :grumble

Alpha
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:38:29 PM
I'm learning TKD, and am decent at it. As for the punches/pushes. It depends. My bro was the one who got punched. for me, it's a normal backhand in the back (which got his hand smashed with a brick the last time he did it to my friend). I'm the only one who hasn't exploded on the dude...Though I heard the only reason he hasn't actually punched me was the fact that I have a collection of blades and other weapons at home, and am decently good at them...The joys of having friends in every circle, who can pass these things on.

And, I think I'll take your advice. If he actually does slug me...his <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> is gonna be grass...

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:43:10 PM
TKD...pound for pound, and level for level, almost any other martial artist can clean your clock. I've seen too many holes in the style to want to pick it up. However, its pretty to look at, at least.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:06:03 AM
If he's a bully, then simply he deserves no respect. A knee or a kick to the groin and leave it at that.

If he has a reputation as a bully, then a cheap shot like that would be ignored by authorities in school.

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:27:39 AM
Marcus brings up a good point. Alot of times, teachers & faculty aren't blind to the fact that some are bullies. I got off the hook for clubbing that one idiot with my helmet (which could've gone as far to be construed as "Assault with a Deadly Weapon"), because, for weeks, he'd maliciously facemasked me in practice. It was something that was known that he was doing. I'd asked him to stop...not only to save us the penalties in a game if he were to do that, but also the fact that if you wrench somebody's facemask, you run a high risk of breaking their neck in the process. He didn't stop, so I belted him. Most of the coaches & staff laughed about it, and that was that.

Alpha
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:28:15 AM
Charely~The good thing is, I know Shorei-Ryu along with it, which, from what I've noticed, fills some of those holes. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:13:34 AM
I miss friendly fighting.

:mischief We can fight whenever you want Gav. :D

One thing about most martial arts is that not only do you learn *how* to take apart an opponent, you also learn when not to. With great power comes great responsibility, and just because you can never means that you should.

Yes...most of that can be traced to Spider-Man, so sue me.

Alpha, use your judgement. All the advice in the world just contradicts itself, so in the end its up to you.

(and I'm only half joking Andrew.. ;))

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:14:21 AM
Oh yeah, unless your a ninja, in which case you are trained to fly off the handle and kill lots of people.

:uhoh

Sejah Haversh
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:43:59 AM
I've not been in many fights. I found that for most purposes, striking a pose helps well enough. Then again, the the only person who ever picked on me was back in Junior High,a nd man, do I chew him out in front of the band one day. I went off for five minutes, and he never said a word to me again.

Anyhoo, I've taken a few martial arts, and have the basics well enough to protect me in most situations for a short amount of time. If I were being harassed, I'd carefully wait for the perfect time to strike, be it physical or mental, and place one blow where it hurts the most, but never expose my enemy to serious danger.

I'm better than he is, and I'll show it is my theory if it comes to a bully.

As far as your situation, Alpha, I really don't have good adivce. In some cases, perhaps a slug in the gut is a good idea, but I'd avoid that. Instead, try and ruin his reputation by basically establishing that he is a coward. Be careful about hoiw you do it, though, and don't do anything to make yourself look bad. Be the better man, it'll show.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:53:17 AM
Well going to the police is a tricky matter. About two years ago, on Christmas, my insane mother came to the door. Now she abandoned me three years previously and before then she was never around, always did drugs, and ignored me. She brought a big 6 foot 4 guy who apparently was here husband. He was intent on starting a fight. They waited outside until my brother left, to pick up his girlfriend and bring her over. My brother, being the person he is, told them to get the heck out of here. The guy assaulted my brother, and my brother, who is 5 foor 6, beat him up. He never even threw a punch. Just took out his legs and choked him. He let go because the guy was gagging and gasping for air. He didn't want to murder the guy, just teach him. The guy got up and went for him again, my brother again got him down and choked him. Well, we called the police and made them stay, so the police could see this. My crazy mother always tries to harrass us, just because she's a nut. So we wanted to make sure this choking incident wasn't going to come back to haunt us. The guy lied out his tuckuss and charged my brother with assault. The judge made my brother pay 500 bucks, when it was self defense. Now that's just insane. What I'm trying to say is, involving the police could just backfire. You say his parents worship this kid like he's the second coming of christ? Well then he'll probably lie out his, you know what, and say you attacked him. So you'll probably be charged right back.

Now I know how to deal with bullies. Both times I've gone to public school, I've had them. I was always the new kid who was homeschooled, it was bound to happen. In fourth grade this kid wanted to fight me. We were best friends and suddenly the kid turned on me and wanted to see what I was made of. Now I didn't want to fight the kid and didn't. My dad didn't want me to either because there was really no point to it and he didn't want me winding up like him, a street brawler. He grew up kicking everyone's butt because it was survival. Anyway, the kid kept prodding me and called my dad a faggot to get me riled up. I said "you still want to fight me?" So on the last day of school, when we were supposed to fight, I was ready. He never showed up.

In 8th grade I was determined to not let people push me around. My brother had been picked on because of his weight and now feels bad he never kicked their butts. He could now. He's solid muscle and knows Kenpo(sp?) so could hurt anyone he needed to. Anyway, this punk, out on the football field came up to me and taunted me. Saying I was never going to become a QB because I sucked. He'd never seen me throw, he just wanted to mess with me. He pointed his finger at me.... Now I'm a very violent person when I'm angry. I have a trademark madder than hell look and know how to insult people so they back down. You say it with conviction. I told him I'd break his finger off if he didn't stop pointing it at me. Then he proceeded to put his hands on my face mask and talk some more. I grabbed his and pulled him close, saying "you want to fight? Meet me after practice." He had the locker next to me and yet he never said a word. Next day I was, without my knowledge, his best friend. Hmm.... Odd.

Just recently two punks wanted to trash talk me and my brother in a basketball game. They called us names and made comments. My brother, when I turned around, was had his face in the other kid's face. Apparently the kid went to far. Now my brother's 20 and these kids are 16, so my brother can get charged for assaulting a minor. So I step in, with my demeanor and dirty mouth. Now I'm madder than hell, yelling. Kids at the park can hear me and are shocked, because I'm a nice guy to everyone. The other kid comes up from behind and says some stuff. Now I know the games over, we're one point away from winning and their 7 points behind. My brother backs up. He knows I've got it handled. They started in my face and slowly moved away. I walked towards them, contradicting my wish for them to step off. The one kid starts trying to back talk, but stumbles. I take advantage, insulting him and intimidating him. They went away and I've never seen them again.

So, if you've learned anything from these stories, you'll see that sometimes showing some resistance can win the battle. If you're afraid of fighting him and his buddies join in, do this: walk up to him and say you want to fight him one on one, for him to just throw the first punch and it's a go. Make him throw the first punch. Very important. If anything happens where you're charged or brought to the principals office, they'll know he punch you first. Or atleast "tried" to. Then just beat his butt. I wouldn't go for the balls or throat, as that's not really clean. You want respect so they'll stop bullying you. Taking out someone's jewels isn't very respectful, it doesn't mean you're a good fighter or a tough guy. It just means you can hit a target. So if anything they'll just seek retalition. Now cheap fighting like that's fine if it's out on the streets or against anyone that just randomly messes with you. But this kid wants to pick on you. Doing something below the belt won't really prove yourself, like you need to do. Also, don't say to meet him at a time. That gives him and you time to prepare. You don't want that. You want instant results. Taking time thinking about it and letting him get his buddies together won't help...

Let me tell you a story my dad told me. A kid was messing with him one day in school. He walked by his desk and tipped his books off, then sat down behind him. The teacher never saw. My dad just rose up, turned around, and decked him. Easy. Kid never messed with him again. Get right to it. If he punches or pushes you, or just nudges you, it's on. That's show time.

imported_Taja Loraan
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:27:11 AM
I find it odd that LD is just about the only female person to have posted to this thread so far. I'm in a girls' school and I've seen plenty of fights (and I don't mean the scratching/pulling hair kind). Nobody got into trouble.

I agree with Charley. Keel him. Well, maybe not literally just yet, but still.

ReaperFett
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:43:36 AM
Sage, you trying to break that swear filteror something? :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:47:00 AM
I was just about to say....do tone it down please. Its filtered, but don't take advantage of the fact.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:59:30 AM
Oops! Looked it over. I was trying to give exactly what I said, to give Alpha an idea of how to talk tough and act big. Didn't relize it'd be 2/3 curse words. Got carried away. Sorry. :)

Question: Want me to edit?

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:00:31 AM
If you could, please :)

Sage Hazzard
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:08:50 AM
No prob. I'm kind of embarressed actually. Didn't even relize I was cursing even when not quoting. Lots of bad memories and anger being bought back up.

No censors now. :)

James Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:23:18 AM
AW I liked the purty colors.

I was homeschooled and my brother and I never fought, except for silent treatment that never lasted the day. :)

But I'd still pop him one if he touched me again. The bully, not my brother. ^_^;

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:30:33 AM
personally never got into a "real" fight persay, for years I was the kid who would just take it and ignore...but then as years went on, confidence with it, I became a curser, the funniest thing about it is I always won cuz I had a worse mouth on me, I had a big Samoan(sp?) girl who hated me for no reason at all, I finally blew up at her and she was just surprised at how I stood up to her that she left me alone after that. Same thing with Mr. Redneck or Mr. Racist as we all called him who insisted on calling all girls bitches and hated all minorities using all the bad terms at them, I cursed him out for like 10 mins in class and the teacher let me, he never called me or another girl it the rest of the year which was funny as hell since he was huge.

and yes in being a girl, I understand things are different but I suggest trashing talking first, if push comes to shove then defend yourself but all and out brawl may end up with you beaten all to hell and him pretty much unscathed....so my advice, don't fight unless you have to....

James Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:52:37 AM
..and always kick the guy in the nuts if he's getting fresh with you and you don't want him to. :mad

ReaperFett
Mar 6th, 2003, 06:12:06 AM
:eek ! Never mess with LD :)

You could get pretty creative in that scenario though.

imported_Eve
Mar 6th, 2003, 07:24:39 AM
You guys... what if he knocks this guy and then HE LIKES IT!?

Then we've created a monster.

I had to fight once before, and I won because I seem to be blessed with clarity of mind when in tense situations.

Before I knew I could beat people down, I was afraid of fighting. Not because I was afraid to get hit, but because I was afraid of my reputation. I'd always win with words. I always did more damage that way.

Easier to make someone look stupid. Nine times out of ten, they don't have a comeback, and when they do, it's something stupid like, "Oh yeah?... Well.... you're stup-pid!" When you show confidence like that, people assume you can kick booty anyway.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:21:29 AM
To say the truth fighting is the worst alternative, have you ever questionned your-self on this guy's relatives? They might be in gangs or stuff like that? So even if you beat him up he'll call them and they'll beat the living hell outta ya. Believe me I got experience in that.Then you'll call some other people and it will be a never ending cycle untill someone gets hurt real bad, but if you really want to fight him go ahead just be carefull dude don't want you in deep <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> or anything. I remember I use to fight every week at elementary and in the streets and then when I started High School never fougth again except for like 3 times or something.I always had backup with my cousins beeing in krypts(however it's written) and such I never had to worry bout anything. Only thing I can say is if he's always with a lot of people you should gather as much people as you can when your gonna go up against him just to give a superior image of your-self and then knock him down for your-self. Least that's what I would do. X_x

Brielle Acaana
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:57:15 AM
Despite what everyone says, it's all up to you, Alpha. Do what you feel is the right thing :)

Zasz Grimm
Mar 6th, 2003, 09:01:09 AM
I only read the first page, and I've decided to give my opinion.

Go 1-1, hit him in the Jaw as hard as possible. Where I currently live, that settles it. Sure, you get detention or suspended for 2-3 days...but it's worth it for the <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>ing moron to leave you alone.

Authorities never help, or if they do, they don't do much. In fact, they make matters worse. I think you should handle it yourself.

That is my opinion. But like Brielle said, it is your decision.

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 6th, 2003, 09:45:33 AM
I say send Charley $100 dollars for the use of his roomie Akkrabim and have the Ninja silently take care of the problem.

But that's just me...

In all seriousness though, three of you, 1 of him. Had a similar situation in High School. A fight isn't necessary if you put the fear of the allmighty whoop <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> in him. Next time school get's dismissed wait for him with your buddies. Wait for him when he'll be alone. When he walks up to you, don't say a word, if he tries to push by you, push through you or move you. Don't let him by. Then when if he takes a swing, mob him. And without hitting him or hurting him, bring him down. Look him square in the eye and tell him next time he won't get back up. let him go and walk off.

You don't go to jail, you sufficently scared the ever-living hell out of him, problem solved. Unless he get's brave and tries to call you on your bluff, then you've got to do something about it. It's not fail proof, but its effecient.

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:06:05 AM
I'm far more of a mercenary than Akrabbim is. For $100, I'll put him in a wheelchair, spit on his grandmother, and skin his kitten, turn it inside out, and stuff it in his preacher's mailbox.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:35:40 AM
:lol

Actually, Alpha, I've rethinked what I think is appropriate in this situation. Was mad last night, out for blood! :lol

I'd just go up to him and ask him what his problem is. Tell him you're pissed that he keeps wanting to mess with you and that you want to know why he's doing it. Put him on the spot, asking him why he's a bully. Humiliate his words and his persona.

"Why are you doing this? Does it make you feel tough or strong? Why pick on me of all people? Why don't you grow up and get a life? You're a senior dude. You're going to be an adult soon. There's no freshmen in the real world. Stop it now before you can't stop it at all."

Do it in front of his friends. If he wants to get all tough with you and threaten you just say something akin to:

"If you want to settle this, as you obviously have something to prove, I'm more than happy to fight you one-on-one. Though it won't solve much, maybe it'll help you settle your anger."

Actually works. I've done it a few times. One time there was a trash talking, huge, 30 year old dude. He actually followed us as we walked home. I stopped and, this was when I wasn't as angry a person, said:

"You're like 30 dude. I'm 16, you're calling me a retard? Why don't you get a life? Go back and play some basketball. There's no reason you should be doing this."

He just cursed and said some stuff, then stormed off.

Now that was before I got angry. I've kind of changed recently. My fuse is shorter. Just so many people being jerks. I liked myself better than. And seriously, if you don't atleast try to solve this without fighting, you'll probably feel bad 10 years down the line. Also, I'm not saying reasoning with the bully will immediantly make him change. That's not the point. It's to show him you can think faster than him, and somehow aren't violent like he wants you to be. He might have some mental problem where he provokes people just to get a response. Heck, maybe to be punished, since his parents don't give him disipline.

My last advice was a little more angry. Follow it if you like but this one's better. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:54:35 AM
The best way to take on a bully, ever, was done in Tombstone:

Johnny Tyler: Somethin on your mind?

Wyatt Earp: Just wanted you to know, you're sitting in my chair.

Johnny Tyler: Is that a fact?

Wyatt Earp: That's a fact.

Johnny Tyler: Well, for a man that don't go heels, you run your mouth kinda reckless, don't ya?

Wyatt Earp: No need to go heels to get the bulge on a tub like you.

Johnny Tyler (stands up from seat): Is that a fact?

Wyatt Earp (blows cigar smoke in his face): Yep, that's a fact.

Johnny Tyler (exposes holster, smiles): Well...I'm real scared.

Wyatt Earp: Damn right you're scared...I can see that in your eyes!

Johnny Tyler (motions for his gun): Alright now...

Wyatt Earp: Go ahead, skin it. Skin that smokewagon and see what happens.

Johnny Tyler (stammering): Listen, Mister...I'm gettin awful tired of...

(Wyatt backhands Johnny across the face)

Wyatt Earp: I'm gettin tired of your gas, now jerk that pistol and go to work.

(A second later, Wyatt backhands him again)

Wyatt Earp: I said throw it down, boy!

(Another, harder backhand. Johnny's lip bleeds and quivers.)

Wyatt Earp: You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?

(Johnny stays motionless)

Wyatt Earp: No? Didn't think so.

(Wyatt pulls Johnny's gun from its holster, and tosses it to the barkeep)

Wyatt Earp: Here you go, Milt. Keepsake. Hang it over the bar.

(Wyatt reaches up to Johnny's ear, and twists it forcefully, pulling him by it.)

Wyatt Earp: Alright youngster, out you go...

(Wyatt tosses Johnny out the front door)

Wyatt Earp: And don't come back...ever!

Man I love that movie :D

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:56:33 AM
Take him to the woodshed, Alpha. Slap the snot out of him. Kick him where it hurts and do it with a grin. :D

Sorry, I really hate bullies.

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:05:38 PM
I'm a bit less concened about bodily harm than most folks. I've found that as age increases, my willingness to take a few licks has also increased. I could use a few scars anyway. They build character. The next fight I get in, I'm going to stand on their toes, catch them by the collar, and use the ancient scottish martial art of F'kyew! Nobody ever expects a headbutt >D

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:07:28 PM
:lol

TheHolo.Net
Mar 6th, 2003, 01:19:39 PM
This thread is going on warning status. If another individual posts a word that is censored it will be closed.

Brask
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:06:46 PM
Here in merry old england, we settle our diferences within the school. So I must ask why the law, as such, is getting involved. Any how that's beside the point.

I assume seniors are close to the top of a school- I'm on my last year and a bit so this may be a bit rich- but any way!

I seriously suggest you get some one in the school- preferably a sound teacher- to sort it out. Failing that of course use some other strategy. I was picked on quite a bit at time and I found cunning helped.

Try to humiliate the illigitamate off spring of a female dog. Use witty barbs, insults, drop him in it if you have to. But DO NOT fight him. It is the WORST possible thing you could do.

Aaron Belargic
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:11:41 PM
Going to teachers, in my experience, just results in the bully getting his friends to join in with the beatings, so not always the best idea.

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:21:18 PM
Here in merry old england, we settle our diferences within the school. So I must ask why the law, as such, is getting involved. Any how that's beside the point.

Because there's a small proportion of such incidents that escalate into using knives, guns, etc. Its been known to happen.

Brask
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:21:58 PM
I didn't say it was the best idea, but what else can you do?

If you fight you get into trouble. Particulary if the bully's parents think he is the Christ reincarnate!

You degrade yourself by fighting. I broke a bully's nose once and I must say it was satisfying. But I regretted having to do it- I was no better than him in the end. I allowed myself to become the thing I loathed most.

If you allow it to contnue it will get worse. Do you really want to spend your days being hounded?

Take my advice get a teacher who has the respect of thwe school, someone people trust to deal with it. That way it has authority and people will agree with him/her.

Brask
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:25:10 PM
...such incidents that escalate into using knives, guns, etc. Its been known to happen.

Here too. We had one boy staple anothers head! He was expelled- the law wasn't involved. And now he is hated by almost eveyone. He got his comeupance.

Sanis Prent
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:39:13 PM
thats well and good, but when it involves life and death, the police naturally should be involved. I've had to bar up my doors and grab the shotgun after school at times, and I was 11 years old back then.

And for the trifle slap on the wrist that you'd get for standing up to a bully, and the trifle cuts and bruises you might get, its a bargain to show that kind of resilience and spine. Don't go picking fights, but if one's headed your way, settle it, by all means!

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 6th, 2003, 04:11:52 PM
I agree SWFans! I got carried trying to inflect irony in my posts with a typical street 'tude! My apologies to any offended parties. ;)

Admiral Lebron
Mar 6th, 2003, 05:59:52 PM
I've never regretted a fight. Even the ones I lost. . . after a fight they'll usually stop bullying you cos they know you will hit back... and it hurts.

ReaperFett
Mar 6th, 2003, 06:00:29 PM
usually.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 6th, 2003, 06:08:14 PM
If they come after you again they are about seven cans short of a six pack.

ReaperFett
Mar 6th, 2003, 06:10:30 PM
Im sure that will isnpire Alpha there. If he comes back, youre screwed? You should be a cheerleader :)

Admiral Lebron
Mar 6th, 2003, 06:11:48 PM
Well honestly, as much as I have faith in Alpha if this guy is bent on beating him up, he won't win. The bully will just keep coming back and back.

Naj Arilov
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:55:01 PM
The guy isnt bent on beating him up. The guy is bent on pushing him around to make himself feel good.

When he finds that Alpha isnt easy to push around, he'll find someone else to push around.

Brask
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:43:22 AM
Oh what a brilliant idea! Let someone else suffer. How kind, how caring, how social mind...

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:03:59 AM
Don't be contrary. There's no need.

ReaperFett
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:20:52 PM
Why is the word contrary only used when someone disagrees with you?

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:26:43 PM
Its one thing entirely to disagree...but have a purpose, for heaven's sake!

ReaperFett
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:37:06 PM
The purpose is maybe some people dont want Alpha to say he had his face pounded in? Or maybe the fact that some people have this STRANGE attitude that "usually" and "probably" arent strong enough words to use in advice which is serious?

Alita
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:55:21 PM
How about you just don't press charges unless it continues. They apparently see that something is wrong. Don't beat him up, that solves absolutely nothing. He will get what's coming too him. Everything comes around. Besides there are non-violent ways to "beat" him up. If he goes to hit you, let him know your his equal and you won't be under him. There are ways to fight and resist without lifting a finger. Any questions, pm me.

Brask
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:40:02 PM
Here, here!

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 7th, 2003, 06:15:06 PM
Here's a scenario for your consideration...

Have any you ever considered what his parents are going to think if their son comes home with a blackeye and/or swollen, split lip. Or after the school administration calls them in. And Alpha confesses, 'My friends on the board told me to do it.' Eh? lol

But don't worry they will get over it. *snorts*

ReaperFett
Mar 7th, 2003, 06:18:41 PM
when they put him into councilling for listening to the online voices ;)

Sanis Prent
Mar 7th, 2003, 06:19:13 PM
Because I'm the devil, and I also told you to drive in the wrong lane with a fifth of vodka and a nun full of roofies >D

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 7th, 2003, 06:22:02 PM
Because I'm the devil, and I also told you to drive in the wrong lane with a fifth of vodka and a nun full of roofies >D

Not bad! >D lolol

Alpha
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:00:32 AM
lol. apparently something happened in a teacher meeting with his parents, and he is now avoiding anyone he was going after earlier...:) Looks like no problem for me anymore. :)

And as for listening to voices online...How can I? I don't hear your guys' voices...:)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:28:02 AM
:lol true

ReaperFett
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:11:35 AM
Now, imagine if you had hit the guy first ALph. Told you I was right, let it simmer :)

Dirjj Mordrai
Mar 8th, 2003, 09:20:51 PM
Precisely!

Brask
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:48:22 AM
Once again the system prevails!:D

Alpha
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:50:09 AM
:lol I was kinda surprised it did.but, i'm not complaining. :D

ReaperFett
Mar 10th, 2003, 10:03:38 AM
Do not underestimate the power of the dolittle side ;)