PDA

View Full Version : A concept for a new character...

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:13:10 AM
Not that I'm going to quit rping with Hadrian, because I'm not, but I've had this idea and kinda wondered to myself why no one else has done it.

I know that there are young padawan's, if I'm not mistaken Loki's char isn't much older than 12? but that's not what I'm proposing, I'm thinking about a character who has grown up in the GJO, like the Jedi Order of the old republic. Taken from his parents at a young age, brought to the order, put in a clan and what not and eventually being brought before the council to find a master to take him on as a Padawan learner.

Now this would involve quite a bit of back story writing and rping, and would involve some Masters or Knights that have been around IC for a while to sort of rp it out as well, the childs training, then testing to see whether they went on to become a Knight or an archivist or an agriculturalists. This could be done later or before, but basically we would start the story off with this character as he is being brought to find a Master to train him in the ways of a Knight. basically like the old Order, he would train with his saber skills, work a bit on his telekinesis and mind tricks, but it would be more along the lines of honing instead of training, excpet for the saber part.

Feel free to shoot this idea out of the water or make constructive comments, but I think it would be fun to rp a character who has no history other than being a Jedi.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:00:31 AM
Ah, so there would be a lot of flashback threads if I am not mistaken?

I think this is a very good idea

Oriadin
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:01:50 AM
Isnt this just a way to skip a big part of character development though? Seems like its a way to skip a lot of training in the basics where other newbies will have to train. They may not see it as fair.

Perhaps I didnt fully understand your idea but thats how I read it.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:02:55 AM
He said that there would be a lot of background RPing threads Oriadin :)

Ohh ... you mean when he says to be brought forth about trained to be a Knight. Yeah, that can't happen. not fair for others but if you do the background RPing that would be acceptable

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:07:03 AM
Sounds similar to what I did, so there shouldn't be much of a problem :)

Sage Hazzard
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:07:56 PM
Actually my brother had similar to that idea. Nav was even his Master. And Nav I have to apologise for him quitting RPing. He's kind of fickle and doesn't really have that big an interest in Star Wars. Believe me, I tried to get him to keep RPing.

He was Paris Ga.... now this fact about him is odd... He lived in a bubble. Had a dangerously low immunity to germs, etc. So he was raised in the GJO and even had a Master before Nav. He made his history that his Master, an elderly man, died, so Nav was his new Master.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:09:25 PM
Tis okay, :mneh I got over it :)

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:20:51 PM
Ok here is the basic concept.

Kael (that's his name for the moment lol) was discovered as a toddler to be a prime candidate for Jedi training (won't go into the midi count cause we hatess it). Through a series of flashback rps and some rps with references to his past, he'd be brought before the council to be assigned a Master (Knight or Master) to begin his Padawan Learner training. He would have the basic concepts of the force down, (again background flashback rps) but no field experience, no interaction in teh real world. He would need to be trained with a light saber, have his talents improved and just basically continue to train further. He wouldn't be much older than 16 and he would be as far away from being ready to be a Knight as the next person who started a character. The only difference is, his life story is centered around being raised in the order.

In essence he'd be somewhere between, Anakin in TPM and Obi Wan, in TPM. Leaning more towards Anakin. Hope that helps?

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:57:47 PM
Well, be more like Anakin because Obi-wan was a Knight. Other then that, I have no problem with this at all :)

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 5th, 2003, 02:36:20 PM
I'm not sure myself - the Order could not have realistically raised a child. We only really could have dealt with a Loki or Fire Hazzard, young yes, but not needing real parental style care. The Order for the last few years had been on the run until they got to Arcan IV, then eventually back to Coruscant. Now that the size and position of the Order has stabilised once again, yeah they could now begin looking at it. or get the resources to help do it.

Whatever you do, just remember the Order itself, just like a character, has it's own history and setup. The GJO, if you really think about really is a character that has developed and grown just like a real character. In the end, I'm not really fussed about flashbacks and extending your personal history so you have been in the Order for some time - just dont ignore that history or change it like that turkey Jamel tried.

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 5th, 2003, 03:06:00 PM
That was the real point of the question, I didn't know how much of history could be rped that would work. I'm aware that GJO's only been round for 4 years and that there was a sort of Jedi Council. That would of course cause a huge road block and the last thing I want to do is rewrite the history of the GJO. Is there a long dead Jedi group that could be sort of canabilized for this, or something.

I won't really want to do a thing like Dasq did because that's Dasq's storyline and I don't do plagirism. I don't even have to do this character if it wouldn't work. I just think it would be one of those fun characters to do.

Anyone that has any ideas on how we could get around the whole thing, are there any npc'ed Jedi chars that could possible been helping raising this child, I don't know enough, I've been doing my best to go through old posts and find out holes that would allow for the kid to be raised by the GJO. Keep posting comments and ideas perhaps we'll come up with a way for this to work and if not, eh... it was just an idea.

Verse Dawnstrider
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:49:49 PM
I like the idea. He could RP soem of GJO's old threads in a way. Liek when the Sith leaved the HQ. He could tell a flashback on hos he got away and things.

All in all I think it is a neat idea that should be tried

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:22:13 PM
I agree completely.

Marcus, to help keep the what has happened in the past straight ... why don't we provide Hadrian with a timeline :) He can work around what has happened then realistically like Verse suggested

Verse Dawnstrider
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:34:26 PM
I said somethign that made sence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::Does teh World Famous HAppy DAnce once again.::

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:34:46 PM
Wow, you don't have to go to all that trouble, if you provide me with simple links I can do the reading. I hunt the archives anyways, I think I've gone back as far as 2 years ago, I've read the assault on the Sith Empire HQ, I can't find the destruction of the GJO headquarters though, I've looked everywhere. Prolly right under my nose

Verse Dawnstrider
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:36:24 PM
on a Side not, with the GJO movin' and runnin' that would explain why he never made it to Knight and only has teh skills as a beginer. He never had time to seddle down until now.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:59:53 PM
Originally posted by Dalethria Mal Pannis
I agree completely.

Marcus, to help keep the what has happened in the past straight ... why don't we provide Hadrian with a timeline :) He can work around what has happened then realistically like Verse suggested

Hoy shit, that'll be a job and a half. It's not a bad idea to do something liek that, so I'll have a shot. I'm sure I'll leave out a lot by accident due to faulty memory

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:08:08 PM
Thanks a ton Marcus!

This should be a blast.

Hadrian Invicta
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:02:42 AM
Hiya's it's me again. Few things.

Char. has been created, his name; Ka' el Darcverse

My sig and avatar are Anakin (pauses for collective groan) I wanted to use someone who would look like a Jedi and have many pics in Jedi garb. I hunted through the Sig Pic thing for about 45 minutes saw a few people used him that either A no longer post (Chase Starwalker) or B use someone else now (Sage and Zasz) If there is someone currently using Anakin please let me know and I'll find a new image for my sig.

Next, Ka' el will need access to the temple if you please, upon acceptance of course and I need some ideas about how to start this exactly. And whether perhaps an established char should bring him forward to be assigned a Master.

Thanks a bunch and for your viewing pleasure (and for you critics out there a chance to bash an amateur) My first sig done on Adobe Photoshop.

<center>http://members.roadfly.com/darthinvictus/Adobe1.jpg </center>