PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for practice? (open)

Southstar
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:44:02 AM
Southstar walked into the training grounds and found a place among some rocks. He stopped before them and felt the Force flow into his body. His let his anger rise and used the Force to grab ahold of a large rock. He watched bits of stone break away under the tight hold the Force had on it. He threw his hand to the right and in turn the rock followed until the stone wall prevented it from going any further. Southstar closed his eyes and felt the stone shards break on his face; he felt a large piece cut his cheek.

He paused before doing anything else and then he lifted another rock from the ground. While maintaining the suspension of one rock he lifted another, this one moved more slowly into the air. With two in the air he began to lift another. The third rock shook as it ascended. No more than a meter above the ground it fell. Southstar grabbed ahold of it again with anger and the rock rose to level with the other three. He lowered one rock and placed the other on top followed by the third on top of the second. He lowered the stack to the ground and steadied it until it stood on its own.

Southstar took a step back and looked on at the three meter high pile. He allowed the Force to fill his body, most notably his legs. He crouched down and leapt into the air landing on the column. Upon landing the rocks wobbled and collapsed sending Southstar on his back a few meters away.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:29:22 PM
He hadn’t expected a boulder to come crashing to the ground in back of him. But something had warned him of the possibility of danger, and he’d turned in time to dive out of the way. Pieces of grass clung to him as he made his way back to his feet, shaking his head in annoyance, perhaps.

And then he looked around for the source. He was pretty sure it was the other lying on the ground only some distance from him, slowly considering getting back to his feet, it seemed, exhausted, perhaps, by his previous efforts.

Maxim crossed the distance and stood over Southstar for a moment, seeming to size him up before he extended a hand to help the man back to his feet.

Southstar
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:48:19 PM
Southstar took the man's hand and rose to his feet. He paused before saying anything and studied him for a moment. "Thanks." He said and then asked. "May I ask who you are?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:47:50 AM
After helping Southstar to his feet, Maxim had stood there, accepting the somewhat appraising glance he’d been given.
There was a silence between them before the man had thanked him and finally spoken.

May I ask who you are?

The cocky, smart aleck side of him replied without thinking.

“You can ask, sure.” This was said with a rather nonchalant disinterested shrug before he caught himself. He could hear Lady Vader’s voice chastising him, telling him he was to treat the members with respect, and somewhat grudgingly, he corrected his earlier comment.

“I’m Maxim.” He replied, the feistiness momentarily leaving his tone. He gave little other information about himself, disliking the rank of apprentice, and being rather new to the Order, not having entirely a lot else to define him.

“Who are you?” He asked in return.

Southstar
Mar 7th, 2003, 04:18:32 PM
"I'm Southstar. I'm also an apprentice, however, I do not have a master." He paused for a moment and looked at the disasterpiece he'd created. "What skills have you learned so far? Or do you even have a master?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:50:32 PM
Maxim, too, surveyed the 'disasterpiece'.

"Lady Vader is my master." He replied, recalling all too many ofthe lessons she had taught him so far - most of them lessons in humility - for it was something he needed to learn.

His head cocked slightly to the side.

"What were you trying to do?" He asked, calling a piece of the rubble to his hand, working on the skills his master had begun to teach him, and tossing it mindlessly into the air and catching it within his palm.

Southstar
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:59:52 PM
"Practicing my skills." Southstar moved some smaller rocks with the Force around and formed a small pyramid. "Moving objects with the Force...Enhancing my body with the Force. Those were the two I had most recently excercised. I expect you might have touched on these skills with your master."

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:10:46 PM
Maxim nodded and released a quiet sigh.

“Yeah…Ive been learning that stuff….” He replied, the rock coming to rest in the palm of his hand, and his hand falling to his side.

“What about you? You been here a while?” He asked. He was impatient. He wanted to be able to do everything all at once, and perhaps once he heard it from enough people that it would take time, he’d begin to believe one or two of those who had told him this.

Southstar
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:05:05 PM
"Too long." He wasn't pleased with his current situation. "I learned some of the basics, but not much more than that. I've just been practicing by myself to maintain my skills." Southstar used the force to move a large rock to crush his small pyramid into dust.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:27:53 AM
Maxim could detect the discontent from Southstar as the man spoke.

“Im only really learning the basics right now too.” He admitted with a quiet sigh. He was the impatient sort and having to wait to attain the skills that he wanted to learn was difficult for him.

“Have you got a lightsaber?” He asked, thinking that maybe they’d get a chance to spar.

He’d attained one the other day when he’d met the lizard Sith, Odin. Odin was much more than Maxim could truly handle in battle at the moment, but he’d put up a good effort. Maxim was looking forward to facing him again some day – determined to prove that he was not the pathetic mammal that Odin had first deemed him.

“We could spar or something…” He added with a shrug.

Southstar
Mar 15th, 2003, 11:09:06 AM
"At the moment I have a borrowed lightsaber. I haven't completed my own yet, but this one will do." Southstar made a note to himself that he had to finish its construction. "Do you have your own yet?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 17th, 2003, 02:41:46 PM
Maxim nodded.

“I’ve got one that I guess I can call my own. I didn’t construct it myself or anything…”

With that he pulled it from his belt and held it out for Southstar to see.

“I got it sparring with Odin the other day. You met him yet?” He asked.

Southstar
Mar 17th, 2003, 08:41:52 PM
Southstar looked at the lightsaber. "I haven't met him although I have seen him. We were both part of a training mission a while back." Southstar unclipped his own borrowed lightsaber. It was plain and silver. "So, would you like to spar?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 18th, 2003, 10:10:01 AM
Maxim nodded.

“Yeah, I would.” He replied as he stepped back a foot or two. He looked down at the lightsaber he held in his hand and grinned, remembering what it felt like to wield one. A moment later he ignited the saber and the blade sprang forth, humming softly in the wide openness of the training grounds.

“Have you had any formal training with one?” He asked, since his only experience thus far had been with Odin – who had taught him a few things about mistakes he should never again make when fighting with a saber.

Southstar
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:00:42 PM
"Only a little training, I know the basics." Southstar said and then ignighted his lightsaber. He moved his arm back and forth with the lightsaber to loosen up and took a moment to allow the Force to fill his body. Looking on he took his stance and spoke, "Ready when you are."

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 19th, 2003, 02:36:04 PM
Maxim had very little experience either, so perhaps it would be a good match between them.

He brought the saber up to a defensive position for only a brief moment. And at the suggestion that his opponent was ready, he acted.

He was impatient, and this sort of action suited him. He was naturally aggressive and his instincts were good. But he had much to work on when it came to fine tuning his skills with a saber.

He struck out with a horizontal slash, stepping into the motion. He held back little, for that just wasnt the way he was. Everything he did, he did full tilt, and sparring was no different.

Southstar
Mar 19th, 2003, 03:18:49 PM
Southstar had expected Maxim to attack as soon as he was ready, it seemed to be in his nature. Southstar caught the horizontal slash and quickly moved to attack the upper right left shoulder of his sparring partner.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 19th, 2003, 03:51:47 PM
His slash was easily blocked, and just as easily retaliated upon. He was fortunate that his reflexes were quick and his upper body strong, for it was all that saved him from the saber of his opponent slicing into his shoulder.

His blade came up just in time to block the saber as it came down upon him. And it was sheer strength that met the blade as they remained there for a moment, locked.

It was the force that he used to push his opponent off of him. He had learned this in his spar with Odin – and would likely have been rather unfortunate prey had Odin not been in the good mood he was in that day – taking the time to teach him while he taunted him.

For a moment he stared at Southstar, his expression neither angry nor friendly. It was its usual set scowl as he advanced once again, his saber this time swinging upward in a diagonal motion.

Southstar
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:39:57 PM
Southstar rolled back into a somersault with the Force push. He landed back on his feet on time to meet the attack. He placed his blade underneath Maxim's and turned to the left while lifting and turning the upward slash away from causing Southstar any harm. Continuing his turn Southstar lowered his body and went for a sweeping trip. There was much more to a spar than just lightsaber dueling.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:43:13 PM
Ahhh…there was something about having a lightsaber in hand that took away the other common sense lessons he’d once learned. Without a saber in hand – had he not been focusing so much on it, the sweeping trip would likely not have caught him off guard.

But as he was still learning, it did. His feet were swept out from under him and he landed with a thud on his back, the saber clattering to the ground nearby in the fall.

Southstar
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:10:45 PM
Southstar glanced and saw the lightsaber fall away from his sparring partner. Knowing Maxim would most likely make a move to attain the lightsaber, Southstar reached out with the Force to get to it before he could.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:02:07 PM
He cursed under his breath. He really shold have paid more attention to the mind exercises his master had suggested that he work on. The saber might have been back in his hands - but instead he was without it - and in exactly the situation that she had told him he might one day find himself in.

He could have, he supposed, given in and had it be done with. But something pushed him to go on - to prove to himself and to his master that her lessons had not be for naught.

He did what he could to recall the things she had told him. The only limits to the dark side, she had told him, were those he placed upon it himself.

And so his next move was to do exactly as his master had done to him - but this time on his opponent.

It was the force that he used, beckoning it to pull his opponents feet out from under him and send him onto his back as his master had done to him.

Southstar
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:43:00 PM
Southstar's eyes widened as he felt the Force tighten on his legs. He landed with a thud onto the rocky ground. Upon falling he lost his mind control over the lightsaber and it landed onto the ground, closer to Maxim.

"This shouldn't be happening. I should have seen this coming. If I give up I'll be weak. He scolded himself. He used the Force the give him a boost to his feet. He took a defensive stance prepared for Maxims imminent attack.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:11:25 PM
As the saber clattered to the ground near him he began to reach for it, but caught himself. As an exercise – because his master had emphasized it, he worked on his mind exercises, pulling the saber towards him and shakily into his hand.
And then he ignited it again, staring down his opponent for a moment who was waiting in a defensive stance for his next move.
This time, he thought a bit more before attacking so foolishly. He circled around Southstar trying to find an opportunity. The training grounds were somewhat bare – probably to prevent apprentices from losing their focus.

Focus. And never underestimate his opponent.

The words of his master oddly echoed in his head, as if she were not far away, reminding him of the things he needed to work on.

The next attack was not tentative, but it was not the foolish lunge he had taken before. Instead he advanced, keeping enough distance, but his saber cutting in a cleaner arc, moving with purpose behind the aggression.

Southstar
Mar 27th, 2003, 11:15:50 PM
Southstar connected his lightsaber with his partners in defense. He felt a stronger attack by Maxim, which meant he would be able to take offensive yet.

"Just wait. Your turn will come, just focus and don't get killed." Southstar told himself. If he didn't wait he would foolishly try to attack and most likely lose a limb. Southstar prepared for the next offensive attack.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 28th, 2003, 10:44:02 AM
The lightsabers sparked and sizzled as they met. Maxim’s confidence was growing bit by bit with each moment that he remained in the spar. Just the simple act of becoming more and more comfortable using the force, or using a lightsaber.

But he was still impatient, and this quality would cost him, if not here, in battle. He would be fortunate if it was this day, where medical help was easily available and his opponent would not finish off the job, but rather would help him. But perhaps it would be in battle and it would be a lesson he never forgot…if he got the chance to live that long.

Again he tapped into it, using the force to push the blades apart and lunging only a split second later with his saber leading the way. This was a foolish move, for a patient opponent would likely be prepared, and Maxim would find himself off balance and unprepared for a retaliatory attack.

(ooc: feel free to teach him a lesson if ya want. :) )

Southstar
Mar 30th, 2003, 03:58:30 PM
Southstar felt the Force push him away from his sparring partner. He went with it and steped back, quickly realizing that he needed to sidestep as well to avoid the lunge. He did that and with it he swung his lightsaber up cutting the flesh in Maxim's gut region. The cut was not deep, it was more like a scratch than anything. But Southstar knew it hurt, he had been on the receiving end more than once.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:34:58 AM
Instantly his hand went to his stomach. It was searing, the pain that a lightsaber could inflict. He’d never felt one strike him before and the surprise of it made him step back, hunched over for a moment and he clenched his teeth, wincing for a moment.
But there was no blood, the heat cauterizing and burning the flesh immediately. He put a finger through the tear in his clothing and felt the tender flesh, but nothing that seemed life threatening. In fact, the pain was much worse initially than the wound actually was.

He looked to Southstar, the expression on his face somewhat chastised. He had underestimated his opponent. Lady Vader’s words echoed perhaps a bit too loudly in his head and her disapproving gaze seemed to flash before his eyes.

“How did you do that?” He asked, wanting to know where he had gone wrong enough to leave such a vulnerable spot open for attack.

Southstar
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:44:14 PM
"The lunge is where you went wrong. It is always best to attack in slashes. It maintains a small defense while on offense." Southstar approached Maxim but did it cautiously, he knew Maxim was capable of getting up and continuing the spar. Southstar had to be ready.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:30:27 AM
Maxim nodded in acceptance of this tactic. It made sense, it just seemed difficult to do for one so impatient as himself. But he had learned a bit of a lesson, and it still stung enough to remind him that it could have been worse.

As Southstar approached, prepared to go on, Maxim tried to concentrate on using slashes instead of all out swings.

And in doing it, he found that this tactic did seem to work much better. Though Southstar was the better swordsman, Maxim held his own. Some time later, Maxim began to feel himself tiring.

He was not used to using the force so much, nor using a weapon such as a lightsaber. It was all very new to him, and it would take time and training to build the endurance needed for extended battles.

“I need a break….” He finally admitted as their sabers clashed and held.

Southstar
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:42:16 PM
Southstar nodded his head and backed away. Still holding a loose defensive stance he spoke, "How long have you been training with a lightsaber?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:52:19 PM
Maxim shook his head.

“Not very long.” He replied.

“It shows huh?” He asked somewhat rhetorically. He didn’t think all that highly of his skills just yet. As far as he was concerned, he had quite a ways to go.

Southstar
Apr 8th, 2003, 07:37:55 PM
"You're not bad, you were able to hold your own...If not for that lunge you would have been alright." Southstar thought for a moment about the previous spar. "Has anyone trained you with a lightsaber? Or have you been training yourself?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:53:11 PM
“Im not sure if you’d call it training…” He replied. He leaned back against a nearby tree, his arms crossing over his chest.

“Lady Vader wouldn’t let me have one. She wants me to focus more on the mental stuff…” He replied, though with a bit less grumbling than he might have had before the spar. He understood now why it was called for.

“…and I just got this one the other day sparring with Odin.”
He grinned, “Why, ya wanna train me?” He asked.

Southstar
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:59:19 PM
"I don't know about training you, I'm not a knight...yet. I leave soon to prove myself to the masters and other knights." Southstar thought for a moment about his upcoming mission, defeat a jedi... it was going to be tough, no doubt about that. "Plus, I don't want Lady Vader to get angry with me. I would hate to be placed on her hate list. I wouldn't stand a chance against her!" He grinned and said.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 9th, 2003, 06:15:10 PM
Maxim shook his head and grinned. He knew exactly what Southstar meant. Though she hadnt been all that hard on him just yet, he had been, on occasion, on the receiving end of the power of which she was capable - and even with the little he'd witnessed, he knew there was much much more and he wasnt about to mess with her.

As best he could, he stayed out of trouble. Of course, it seemed to be his middle name and all to often he found himself having to explain to her.

"So when will you be knighted?" He asked, catching Southstars comment about leaving to prove himself soon.

"What do you have to do?"

Southstar
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:50:44 PM
"I have to defeat a Jedi. That's really only what they have told me. I guess I have to prove to them that I deserve the honor of being a kinght of the Sith." Southstar was looking forward to going out and finally proving that he wasn't as worthless as some people seemed to perceive.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:08:57 AM
Maxim nodded.

“That doesn’t sound like the easiest thing to do….” He commented. He hadn’t gone into any sort of battle just yet, though his spars with Lady Vader, Odin, and now Southstar were enough to indicate to him that battling a force user was quite different from the simple fights he’d gotten into on his own accord.

“So how do you plan to do it?”

Southstar
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:06:00 PM
"I plan on getting the attention of a Jedi using the old mayham and destruction thing. They flock to the scene anytime something dangerous or terrible happens." Southstar knew that after that, the hard part came. "I'm not all too sure of how to defeat a Jedi. My only plan is to attack the ideas of being a Jedi and break him down. Then just defeat him in combat....That's all I really have."

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:55:12 AM
Maxim nodded.

“You ever fought a jedi before?” He asked.

Without really thinking about it, his hand had come to gingerly rub the abrasion made by Southstar’s saber. It wasn’t anything serious, but the sting of it would stay with Maxim long enough to make him exercise a bit more caution the next time he chose to charge into a battle of the sabers.

Southstar
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:49:10 PM
"No. I haven't." Southstar was now realizing that this may be a problem. "I don't suppose you have had any experience have you?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:02:51 PM
Maxim shook his head.

"Naw, but I sure would like to..." He replied. He hadnt been with the order long, but he was impatient and wanted to do everything as soon as possible.

"You know where the jedi usually can be found....?" He asked, wondering where he would go to confront one.

Southstar
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:57:02 AM
Southstar knew there was one thing that attracted Jedi like bees to honey. "Go to just about anywhere thats not Sith controlled and kill a few people. Jedi will probably arrive there before the local police do."

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:38:08 PM
This was another good fact to know and he tucked it away for the future, when perhaps it would be his turn to prove his worth.

“So what happens after you beat a jedi?” He asked.

“I mean, I know you get knighted and all but…whats different?”

Not that he wasn’t looking forward to one day being knighted – he was – but he hadn’t heard enough about the Order just yet to know these things. And it was doubtful Lady Vader would have answered him. She was forever reminding him not to under estimate his opponents, and to focus on the task before him rather than trying to move ahead before he was ready.

Southstar
Apr 27th, 2003, 10:09:38 PM
Truth be told, Southstar didn't know what was different if he became a knight or not. "I suppose it's just to have the title and be respected for earning it. Sith knight sounds more menacing then SIth apprentice."

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 29th, 2003, 07:07:25 AM
Maxim nodded, chuckling as he did.

"Yeah, I'd agree that it does." He replied as he winced slightly in slight discomfort from his earlier wound. It was a good lesson learned, and he was glad he had gotten a chance to meet this peer of his.

"So do you ever go down into the city?" He asked, referring to the capital city of Coronet just down the sloping hill from where the Sith Order palace rested.

Southstar
Apr 29th, 2003, 05:36:47 PM
"I've been there a few times. I go down and practice my mind reading skills on the random people in the city." He said. "What about you, been down there lately?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 29th, 2003, 06:11:23 PM
Maxim shook his head.

"Everytime I go down there I end up in trolbe for something. The cops have it out for me..." He grumbled, as he'd felt rather confined lately.

"But I'd be willing to try it again." He added, one who was always up for anything.

He grinned.

"And Im always up for practicing mind reading." He added, as it was one activity he'd known from the time he was young. His father had not approved, but being considered the bad twin, he'd played the part to the hilt and hadnt cared all that much what his father preferred. As much as he couldt get away with it.

"You feel like going there tonight?" He asked.

Southstar
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:55:40 PM
Southstar glanced at his chronometer, it was starting to get late; good. Night was a time when the city seemed to be the busiest, all of the clubs would be open, people would be out among the streets... Hell, even the weather was nice at night.

"You know what, that sounds like a good idea. Get a drink and cause a little chaos... how could I turn it down? I need some time to change and get things ready... I suppose you should get that wound bandaged before you go out as well."

Maxim Vasilijev
May 1st, 2003, 09:59:20 AM
This was exactly what he needed – a night out in the city to get his mind off things. To just relax and have some fun. Not that he wasn’t having fun, really, but between Lady Vader getting on his case about patience and not underestimating his opponents, and Odin beating the crap out of him, demeaning him on every occasion, he was ready for a little break.

“Yeah, I should probably at least shower…” He replied with a casual shrug. He was a bit more concerned about the wound than he let on, but there was no doubt it was minor, and that he would be just fine.

“Want to meet in the hangar bay in an hour? We can take a speeder in….”

(ooc: Do you want to start a new thread for them going into the city? I wont really be around until next Tuesday, but if you want to start one, just PM me and I’ll join in. Or Ill start it when I get back if you want.)