PDA

View Full Version : 24 Season 2 Great Episode

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 4th, 2003, 09:17:34 PM
For those who follow the show tonight's episode was incredible this will be full of spoilers so I wouldn't read the gray area.

First they found the nuke, I wasn't sure if it was real but it was and then they realized that it would have to be droped in the desert but somebody would have to fly the plane into the ground. Jack decides to do, Mason wants to because he is dying, but Jack doesn't think he will make it. Well Jack flies out with the nuke and at the same time Tony and CTU find a recording that links 3 Middle East Countries to the Nuke, he then tells the President. Jack finally contacts Kim, tells her what he is going to do she is very upset and there is a very emotional moment between the two of them. Before the end of the hour. Jack finds out that Mason has hidden in the back of the plane he comes out with a parchutee. He talks Jack into leaving, telling him he needs to pick up the pieces with his daughter. Then about 4 minutes before the plane has to go down, Jack jumps out and takes cover, then a nuke goes off, Mason is dead, (though with this show I never know for sure). Nobody else is killed but it now looks like somebody is making it look like the Middle East is behind it the President says this could be WW3 so the question is who.
I have several theories: Neo-Nazi or some hate group, this is possible though it would resemble Sum of All Fears a lot, Communists, there are probably still communists out there that would love to see the US destroyed, some part of the government who wants to take over the Middle East, China, or maybe even somebody else. I have to say the tense is killing me and I really want to know who is behind it. Also the producers have said that the loose ends in Season one with Nina will be tied in with the end of Season 2, my guess is whoever Nina is really working for is behind this, the question is who.

Figrin D'an
Mar 4th, 2003, 10:24:22 PM
I've watch 24 since it started... while there are some interesting things in this season's story, I liked the first season better. It had more intrigue, more subplots that actually worked and better plot twists. Now, maybe the remaining episodes of this season will change my mind, but I'm not going to hold out hope. Too many things in this season's story have been too predictable, and nearly all of the sidestory involving Kim Bauer is just lame. She's nice eye candy for us guys, but thats about it.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:32:05 AM
LOL, I like this season better, I think its because of the nuke to me that whole thing is very interesting especially who might be behind the thing. I really have no clue, I first thought it was a government plot but I think that is not the case. I was thinking some form of other terroists, communist/ Neo-Nazis or somebody else. Also I am postive there is another traitor, I was started to suspect Mason in this last episode, I thought maybe he was faking his condition and that the bomb wasn't real and he would land the plane or something like that. Now that doesn't seem very likely. Since he is dead, probably, this leaves us with Tony, very possible that would really pull the rug out from under us. He is the one person Jack thought he could trust it would be a huge shock. There is Nina's replacement but that would just be too much like last season. Somebody in Palmer's administration could be behind it right now I suspect Lynne but it could be his Chief of Staff as well. About Kim, I did like her story in this last episode it did make sense at least, don't know what is going to happen to her next, I know she thinks her father is dead so their are several possibilities.