PDA

View Full Version : Honoring Final Requests... (council & Kelt)

Figrin D'an
Mar 4th, 2003, 02:28:46 AM
The council had conviened for the final session before the Temple Dedication Ceremony. While the agenda consisted mainly of simple items... weekly progress updates on training classes, a few official items of note from the Chancellor's office... there was one matter that, for the Jedi at least, would take precedence on this day.

After the session was called to order, Figrin was granted the floor. He stood, walking the center of the room, before his comrades.

"My fellow council members... while it is a somewhat unusual request, I wish to present a padawan of the Order as a canidate for Knighthood whom is not my own. His master is unable to complete the request personally, and has granted me permission to stand before you on his behalf. More than that, however, I will personally vouch for the padawan... I know him well, and it is my belief that he is ready to be a Jedi Knight."

Figrin paused, allowing the council to consider his words, before calling the young man forward.

"Kelt Simoson, please step before the Council."

(OOC: Reference this (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27769) thread.)

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:13:01 AM
Now this was not what I was expecting. I knew quite well whom Simoson's Master was - and I had a pang of sadness that whatever Marcus was up to, it must be dangerous and important if he was not here to do this in person.

I personally had no need for more words of support. As I had met Kelt before and knew of his progress, I would vote yes.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 4th, 2003, 03:11:51 PM
This was actually a surprise to Navaria. She had no news of any Padawans that would be ready for promotion yet but usually such business ended on a positive note. Navaria believed that Kelt would have nothing to worry about today, unless something out of the ordinary happened ....

Kelt Simoson
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:21:51 PM
Kelt was quite surprised and lost at this point in time not to mention what kind of role he had to play in this whole ordeal. The fact that his vote to be Knight was underway was a pretty scarey thought at the time, it was very unexpected and pretty much out of the blue. However if his master thought he was ready then he must have been and so Kelt would let it flow as easily as possible.

' Council...' He nodded a greeting.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:14:30 PM
More than trusting his Master's opinions (which I did) I also knew that Kelt was ready. "Kelt has been a model Jedi, and has been more than patient with his training, even with his previous knowledge and training. I fully support his Knighthood. He has more than earned it."

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 5th, 2003, 03:23:31 AM
"Indeed"

Anbira steepled his fingers together as he looked to the Padawan.

"His performance has been exemplary. He is ready to ascend."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:02:00 AM
Now that Kelt was present before the Council, Navaria would let her decision be known to his face.

"I concur. Simoson is ready for Knighthood."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:03:38 PM
Dasquian replied simply:

“Agreed.”

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:23:15 AM
"I agree also. Padawan Simoson should be promoted"

AmazonBabe
Mar 6th, 2003, 06:19:03 PM
I too support the promotion to Knighthood for Kelt. He has shown his ability to be fair and trusting as a Jedi, and would make a fine addition to those already Knighted here at the Order.

Kelt Simoson
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:12:36 PM
Kelt simply nodded in responce ' Thank you for entrusting me with this title...'

Estelle Russard
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:34:14 PM
Estelle agreed with the decision to promote Kelt.

Though she had not had alot to do with Kelt personally, she had seen him much about the order, and he was very well spoken of.

"Congratulations, Kelt"

Xazor Elessar
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:19:49 PM
A lone figure stood silently beside a large pillar near the large blast doors to the Council Chambers. A smile crossed the woman's lips as she watched from the shadows.

"Congratulations, Knight Simoson -- I know Marcus is proud of you."

The voice was soft and gentle within his mind as she slowly slipped out of the room, hardly noticed. Today was a great day and a young seed had sprouted into a beautiful flower. Kelt had accomplished a great deal and no doubt, his efforts would be rewarded.

Figrin D'an
Mar 8th, 2003, 01:32:49 AM
"It is decided, then."

Figrin stepped forward and turned to face Kelt.

"You have trained hard, you have passed the trials you have faced, and your mind is at peace. The Council confers upon you the title of Jedi Knight. May you strive to uphold the principles of the Jedi, and continue to serve the Force and the greater good."

He placed a strong, reassuring hand on the young man's shoulder, and smiled.

"Your master is proud of you. His letter leaves me no doubt of that."