PDA

View Full Version : One handed push ups (open)

Liu Fong
Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:02:27 PM
"One...two...three..."

Liu's one arm trembles as it carries twice the weight its used to. Without the strength of two arms, his remaining right arm must be made to cope with the handicap. If he's to do half of what he was once able to, he must strengthen it.

"...four...five...six..."

Sweat rolls down his face to drip off the tip of his nose. Even now, he wears a shirt with a long sleeve that covers his missing arm. His remaining limb is bare, and his legs are clad in running shorts.

"...se...ven....eight...niiiiine....ten..."

Liu pushes himself to a sitting position. That's his third set of ten in the past fifteen minutes.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Mar 4th, 2003, 07:58:55 AM
:: A deep and long yawn suddenly emerged from behind Liu as a blonde haired man stood there looking towards the padawan, he was there leaning against the wall his arms crossed his gaze low.::

"Hmph....training hard I see" The young Jedi Knight suddenly decided to come back upright and paced slowly towards the young padawan.

"Oh don't mind me....go ahead I'll watch...." Lance opened his jaded eyes widely observing the padawan train.

Liu Fong
Mar 4th, 2003, 02:12:15 PM
"You're going to watch me do push ups?" Liu asks incredulously. "What for?"

Mar 4th, 2003, 08:01:36 PM
"Well......I don't know.....I'm real bored...but if you want I can join you in your training or whatever you wanna do anyways I feel like training.....anything goes for me" Lance looked sideways his gaze directed towards nothing in particular keeping his attention on Liu.

Liu Fong
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:41:11 PM
"I...guess you can do what you want. I've never seen you before."

Liu stands up and rolls his one arm out then moves to a horizontal bar and begins to do pull ups.

"My name is Liu, I'm a Padawan here. You are?"

Mar 12th, 2003, 05:32:12 AM
'Name's Lance Stormrider and I'm a Jedi Knight here....the reason why you've never seen me is probably because you must be pretty new around here and because I have been away for the last few months" Lance smiled while walking up to him.

"Fascinating, you only have one arm yet you exercice without any problems" Lance nodded.

"Your strenght and focus are great indeed, who's your master?"

Liu Fong
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:06:08 AM
"Sage Hazzard."

Liu blinks and stares at the bar, keeping track of his pull-ups in his head while maintaining his conversation with Lance.

Mar 19th, 2003, 04:19:50 PM
"Ahhh! I've only had the honor to meet him once and it wasn't in the greatest of all the circumstances...but I've heard he seriously kicks butt if I may use the expression" Lance grinned.

"Hmh, even though I'm a Jedi Knight I would be seriously interested into facing one of Master Hazzard's apprentices...what ya say?" Lance stepped backwards and joined his two hands together behind him.

Liu Fong
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:41:36 PM
"I haven't had combat training, and I've yet to fully adjust to my handicap, so I'll have to decline. But on the topic of Master Hazzard's skill in fighting, I hear he fought Drake Lonerunner, Straffe Stormrider, and Zeke all at once. He won it easily enough."

Mar 20th, 2003, 05:33:46 AM
:: As Lance heard Liu decline and give his reasons he simply nodded with respect as the padawan had all the rights to decline his challenge, it was normal for a padawan not to want to fight so early but Lance only wanted to see what the padawan could do not knowing he wasn't ready.::

"Ohhh but of course, even I would easily lose against master Hazzard and my apprentice Straffe and I are almost equal in strenghts there was no chance for them even if they were three" Lance smiled lightly.

"But now that you say this, I'm even more interested in facing master Hazzard,you are very lucky to have such a powerfull master" Lance nodded.

"Well if we are to continue speaking, may Ijoin you in your warm up" Lance asked.

Liu Fong
Mar 20th, 2003, 09:54:03 AM
"Feel free."

Liu lets go of the bar and changes his hand position, then continues the exercise. His arm is shaking violently, but he still has twenty more pull-ups to do. Liu's never failed to complete this exercise before, and won't let a missing arm stop h im from doing it again.

Mar 21st, 2003, 08:20:52 AM
"Heh okie dokie" Lance sat down and quickly put him-self in his push-up position starting his series of push-ups, he always functionned with 50 push-ups in a row and a 10 second stop, it wasn't very tiring for Lance since he had a superior physical form then humans normally have due to his jedi training.

"So you've been here for how much time?" Lance asked while pulling his body

Liu Fong
Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:02:48 PM
"A few weeks, if I'm lucky. Time seems to pass quickly around here. I find it hard to keep track of at times."

His voice is calm and unwavering, despite the struggle of his exercises. Fifteen more...