PDA

View Full Version : Just Like Old Times (Helenias - Closed)

Oriadin
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:23:38 AM
It had been a while now since Oriadin had been given the rank of Jedi Knight. Many things had changed already. Oriadin had two Padawans of his own now. Two people to take care of and make sure they can see their paths before them. Two people to look out for and to teach.

Much of what he was teaching them was what was passed on to him by his two previous mentors and by what hed read and learnt from the Archives. Today was a little different though. Today it was time to go back. Back to when he was the student and the one that had to learn and with Helenias, he knew he'd have to learn fast.

Since becoming a Knight, he didnt have much time to practise his fighting techniqe but he did so as often as he could. Knowledge would also help him and so today would be a test to see if he'd come on at all since their last encounter (not a pretty memory for Oriadin!).

Oriadin stretched in one of the sparring rooms as he awaited the arrival of his old Master, Helenias Q'Dunn. Laying beside him on the floor was his skillfully crafter light saber and Force Pike, which had been given to him the day of his Knighthood. Perhaps Helenias would show him how to use it effectivly today.

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 6th, 2003, 04:13:33 AM
"Hello Oriadin" I called out, entering the sparring room. "Did you want to see me?"

Oriadin
Mar 6th, 2003, 05:25:42 AM
Oriadin bowed before responding.

--Indeed master. I was wondering if you would care for a spar. I still feel as if there is too much room for improvment in that department. Ive learnt a few new things but I could do with the experience. After the last, <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> whooping you gave me, who better to give me a few pointers? Perhaps you could teach me a thing or two with the force Pike as well?--

He motioned towards the beatiful weapon laying on the floor.

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:02:41 AM
"You want more pointers in <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> kicking? Certainly, I can give those"

Smiling I also nodded, becoming serious once again.

"Certainly. Let me go back and get my Pike. Just practice against the training droid until I come back"

Oriadin
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:31:01 AM
Oriadin nodded, almost slipping straight back into his Padawan role again for a moment.

Helenias left the room, leaving Oriadin alone. Well, alone with the training droid. He activated the droid and summoned his lightsaber to his hand. As he activated it, a whiteish blue blade appeared with the soft hum assosiated with a lightsaber.

Having made your own weapon, it feels closer to you. It feels as if it could be a part of you. Well, an extension.

The droid was armed to the teeth with laser guns and given the simple instruction to prevent Oriadin from moving from one side of the room to the other. Lets begin.

The droid didnt waste any time and began fireing at will at the Jedi knight with almost everything he had. Oriadin deflected the incoming laser beams with relative ease and after a few short seconds he managed to advance on the droid.

Laser blasts came in high, low, fast and slow but Oriaidn dealt with them all. The trouble with droids is they are programmed. After you work out their pattern you can beat them easily. Not like fighting a real person.

Oriadin advanced further and further up the room as the fire became more rapid. It was only a matter of time now before the droid would fail.

A few steps before he reached the wall on the other side of the room the droid let loose with everything it had. It was near on impossible to move quickly enough to deflect all the blasts now.

Oriadin did a forward role which ended with him kneeling perfectly infront of the wall. His lightsaber pointed downwards beside him as he deflected the last laser blast from the droid. That last blast would prove fatal as it ended in a direct hit to the droids head. It fell to the floor like a lifless tree being chopped down in a forrest. Game over.

Oriadin held that position for a few seconds after the droid had fallen to calm himself and stretch out with the force. He was focused and ready. He stood up again, breathing deeply as he let the force run through him, and awaited Helenias's return.

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:50:51 AM
I came back a few minutes later, Pike in hand.

"Are you ready?" I called out.

(TTT!)

Oriadin
Mar 27th, 2003, 06:27:44 AM
Oriadin felt completly relaxed by the time Helenias got back.

--Ready. Oh, do you wish for me to begin with my saber or the Pike?--

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 28th, 2003, 01:49:44 AM
The Pike being shown in front of my face was the reply. I dropped into a reverse stance, Pike held in the back hand, tip pointing to my opponent.

"Lets see if you do better this time"

Oriadin
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:25:15 AM
Oriadin nervously picked up the pike.

--Ive never used this before, not even practised with it. Im not sure how to use it effectivly.--

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 4th, 2003, 04:42:14 AM
"Try like a saber to start with. Simple sword like manner"

Oriadin
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:46:57 AM
Oriadin felt unsure of himself but he went with it. He held the pike with two hands in a similar way in which he would hold his lightsaber.

--Like this?--

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:52:14 AM
"Yes, like that. The Pike itself can be used in a few ways which I am sure you will see off me, for I do change rapidly in a spar or a fight. To start, like a sabre will be fine. Feel it's weight and how it moves through the air first"

Oriadin
Apr 9th, 2003, 06:07:15 AM
Oriadin did as requested and swung the Pike about a bit to get a feel for it. It was a fair bit heavier than his accoustomed light saber and of course there was no hum. Just a swooshing noise when it was sliced through the air.

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 9th, 2003, 06:43:09 AM
"Watch the power button when you do that. You dont want this happening"

I pressed the trigger and a spray of electrity shot at the floor, arcing and dancing.

Oriadin
Apr 9th, 2003, 07:11:54 AM
Oriadin jumped back suprised at what he saw. He'd never seen a Pike in use before. He froze for a second before carefully moving his fingers well away from the button on the pike.

--He he, thanks for the heads up!--

He smiled sheepishly.