PDA

View Full Version : The First Step in a New Life(Dasquian)

Shandri La
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:09:39 AM
Dressed in a simple white dress with white shoes and a white hooded cloak where the hood is down. She is wearing a gold belt and her hair is pulled back in a partial braid which is ended at a gold band in her hair. Carried in one hand is a white bag and as she walks, it almost seems like she is floating. Having received a message from Dasquian to meet her in a courtyard at the Academy so that she could begin learning how to use the Force.

After arriving at the courtyard early, she pulls out a white piece of cloth and sets it on the ground which she then sits upon and waits for Dasquian's arrival.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:43:06 AM
The Knight entered the courtyard, a warm smile on his face as he spotted the Padawan awaiting his arrival.

“Good day, Shandri.”

As he approached it appeared too that Dasquian carried a bag, which jangled and made metallic sounds as he moved.

“I have a lesson in mind for today, though before we begin please tell me … what would you like to learn today?”

Shandri La
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:35:31 AM
In one graceful movement, she stands up and curtseys to Dasquian. She leaves the white bag on the ground beside the white cloth which she was sitting upon.

"Greetings Lord Dasquian. I hope that you are well today.

I am willing to learn whatever you wish to teach me. I am not familiar with the ways of the Jedi to know what there is to learn. I wish to learn what you are willing to teach me."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:17:35 AM
“Please, just call me Dasquian.”

The Knight smiled and nodded at his Padawan’s request.

“Perhaps we should begin with the most basic of things then … something which though small, is the foundation upon which we as Jedi work – being able to sense the Force and channel it through ones body. Do you have any idea of how to do this?”

Shandri La
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:28:12 PM
"As you wish Lord Dasquian.

I am afraid I do not know how to sense the Force. All I know about the Force is what I have learned through stories."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:45:32 AM
Dasquian motioned for Shandri to sit down, and both Knight and apprentice did so on the patio.

“To sense the Force, you must calm your mind of any worries. It sounds difficult to do,” Dasquian explained, “But think of it this way… you are trying to listen to nothing but the movement of the air around you, focusing on the patterns of its movements. Once you become so calm, it should come naturally.”

Shandri La
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:34:31 AM
She seats herself upon her white cloth which she was sitting on when Dasquian showed up. With attentive ears, she listens as Dasquian explains how to sense the Force. Calming her mind of any worries, that part is easy enough for her to do. That part at least, she had been doing at home. But only on the best of days has she ever been able to do that successfully.

She takes a deep breath and one by one she calms her worrying about the different worries that she has to a point where they are just a mere speck on her consiousness.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:03:01 AM
As help, Dasquian too leant his mind to the Padawan. He cleared his thoughts, so that if she did feel the Force there would be no interference from his own presence.

Shandri La
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:03:25 AM
After a few moments she succeeds in getting her worries to being just a mere speck on her consiousness, then she goes one step further and goes to push the worries completely from her consiousness.

Only after a few moments does she succeed in doing this. Then and only then does she feel the Force flowing around her, through her, and in her. This only lasts a couple of seconds before she loses her focus and stops feeling the Force.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:34:09 PM
Sensing the momentary change in Shandri, Dasquian nodded – pleased.

“Well done,” he said quietly.

“Unfortunately, to accomplish tasks using the Force you will need to hold that concentration for long periods of time. With practice it becomes natural, however at first it is a difficult hurdle to pass over. Perhaps directing it to a purpose, now, will help.”

Dasquian settled into a comfort position, then began to think of an image in his mind. It was an apple.

“Imagine my mind as a box, and the Force as a hand. You can reach into the box with a hand, to extract things from it, or simply to see what it inside. Visualise, mentally, this and see if you can feel any hints coming from my mind as to what I am thinking.”

Shandri La
Mar 25th, 2003, 04:39:57 PM
With a nod of her head, she acknowledges the instructions that she has been given. She again goes to push the worries from her conciousness which this time she does quicker, but it still takes her a bit of time. Then she goes to carefully follow the instructions that Dasquian has given her. She visualizes herself opening the 'box' as Dasquian put it and after a couple of minutes, she manages to briefly see the image of an apple in Dasquian mind.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:46:38 AM
Sensing the task has been completed, Dasquian nods.

“Now, see if you can try and reverse this – and place an image, or phrase, into my mind.”

Shandri La
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:41:00 PM
Doing her best not to lose her concentration which she has managed, though it had slipped a bit, she works to get it back to where it was. Rather quickly, the image of a spherical crystal floating by itself with what looks like ppl inside of it appears in Dasquian's mind.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:55:05 AM
A small snow-globe like image appears into his mind and Dasquian nodded appreciatively. On initiative he then stood up and smiled somewhat eagerly before motioning for Shandri to follow (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28522) as he headed into the Order buildings.