PDA

View Full Version : My PM to Sigil

Taylor Millard
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:48:26 PM
Who, in my mind, proved my 'Emotional vs Content' argument. But not in the way I wanted it proven.

:rolleyes

Dear Sigil,

My reasons for editting out the name of The Sith Empire is this: There's been a ton of bad blood between the leadership of TSE and the leadership of SWFans.

In light of recent events, the wounds (supposed or not) were, in some people's minds, reopened and thus for the sake of political expediency I thought it best if the initials 'TSE' were removed from the post, so it did not appear as if SWFans was actively engaging in 'flaming' TSE.

If you wish to take this up with the other moderators feel free to. And you can contact me over AIM at 'TaylorMillard' or 'JusticeLWargrave'.

Thank you.

Taylor Millard
SWFans Moderator

TheHolo.Net
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:53:04 PM
Sigil A.K.A. Firebird1 is very aware of the bad blood. :lol

Taylor Millard
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:22:24 PM
Yeah I had a feeling he did. I dunno, I was just trying t'keep the site from erupting in flames.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:22:56 PM
You did right. :)

Taylor Millard
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:35:34 PM
Thanks...I appreciate it.

Taylor Millard
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:58:09 PM
Re: Edit of post in 'Emotional vs Content'
I know what happened between TSE and SWFans, trust me. I had a front row seat to most of it. Everytime TSE had a problem with the rules TSE got mad. It got personal real fast, and instead of everyone calming down and trying to find a way through the conflict, we basicaly formed two groups, those in one camp stayed, the other one left. And it should of ended there, but it went on for months and months and months, untill finally I got sick of it took a break for a couple of months while TSE cleaned out it's locker and left. Never did either of the parties sit down and really talk about it. Sure people left and returned (heck there was a RSO for a while.) but no one really sat down and talked about it. It always was kept stirred up by one thing or another, and neither side really expressed their feelings about the other group, unless they flamed or heard about the flaming from another source.

Look, the largest argument I saw dealing with Content was the Fleet Rules, and thats nothing compaired to a group leaving. If we can't find some way of resolving peoples conflict then we are setting up the bomb for SWFans. We can't have another TSE happen again, but we can not forget what happened to it.

Sigil Roland

Taylor Millard
Mar 1st, 2003, 12:35:07 AM
Two responses from me (and one other poster)...

I completely agree with you, on the 'We cannot allow another TSE to happen'. Although I was detached from TSE, I have heard enough from others on the board to be glad I was detached from it.

However, it is still too soon from the TSE/SWF split (as witnessed two days ago) for any real mention of them in a derogatory fashion, to be made in a public forum.

The internal matters of what happened in TSE should be remembered by every former member, however, the fact of the matter remains, TSE has left SWF and will more than likely not return.

Therefore, the situation is over and done with, so let's move on.

s'Ilancy, while we're not in the same household (not yet atleast) had this message as well. I went ahead and put it a single response PM first.

"If you had a cancer...wouldn't you want to cut that out completely so that it wouldn't come back."

Taylor Millard
Mar 1st, 2003, 12:48:13 AM
Sigil,

As for having lungs removed, you can have a lung transplant and live; plus you can live with only one lung. Trust me, I know.

I completely agree with you, on the 'We cannot allow another TSE to happen'. Although I was detached from TSE, I have heard enough from others on the board to be glad I was detached from it.

However, it is still too soon from the TSE/SWF split (as witnessed two days ago) for any real mention of them in a derogatory fashion, to be made in a public forum.

The internal matters of what happened in TSE should be remembered by every former member, however, the fact of the matter remains, TSE has left SWF and will more than likely not return.

Therefore, the situation (meaning TSE) is over and done with, so let's move on.

Taylor Millard

Only if the procedure was not worse then the cancer. Like it were in my little toe, just cut it off. But if it were in my lungs, then you really can't get rid of those and still live can you. Basicaly, I don't want to see anyone wondering if their last post would get them banned. Thats what happened to me at TSE basicaly, and I son't want to see that here.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 1st, 2003, 12:51:05 AM
The only time a post has caused a banning was Jamel's temp 24 hour ban, and that was not permanent and was more just a disciplinary measure. His fears will not come to pass, we are not the types TSE's administration are. We don't sweep things under the rug, delete what we don't like. We work through things and solve problems to the best of our ability.

We even tried to work through TSE's issues here, but they weren't satisfied because they couldn't get themselves voted into the administration here by the community members, so they left, and appointed themselves administrators at their own vBs, which have done ohh so well.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2003, 12:57:25 AM
...DRAMA!

*dies*

Ugh glad this is you and not me, Taytay. :)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 1st, 2003, 12:58:30 AM
Funny how the drama always involves TSE in some way eh.

**Warning lights flash!!!!**

Taylor Millard
Mar 1st, 2003, 01:00:56 AM
Between the mods and admins of SWFans...I'm glad I was never a member of TSE.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 1st, 2003, 01:02:04 AM
As well you should be.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2003, 01:03:24 AM
*is blinded by warning lights*

Aren't we all? At least, all of us who never were. I RPed over there once or twice in Rama's Corner and that was about it. Jedah was LD's master too at one point, but he was RPing at TSO at the time as well.

For reals, doesn't Firebird understand swfans by now? He seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

Taylor Millard
Mar 1st, 2003, 01:38:20 AM
*sigh*

Re: Edit of post in 'Emotional vs Content'
No kidding, I'd still like to use it as an example...

Basicaly everyone backed themselves into a corner and stopped talking. Thats what happened, that was the reality that happened. And I'm sorry to say this, but it makes me mad that I can't use it because it ruffles some feathers. I don't want to do it, but sometimes you have to look at the past in order not to repeat it. And from what your telling me in that darn thread is that you want the evil to stay gone, and the new evil not to come in. The only way to do that is to go sit in the corner, curl up in a ball, and allow only one person to tell you what you want to here. Thats what happened in TSE, we wouldn't listen to anyone else except a few, and look what happened. TSE left because they were made to beleve that they could not do anything without the Mods and Admin stopping them some how. I don't want to see that happen again.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2003, 01:47:28 AM
In the future, instead of editing out things that "might" turn into flamebait, can we PM the poster first and see if they'll do it themselves?

ReaperFett
Mar 1st, 2003, 04:33:39 AM
I've got to be honest, I do agree that the removing was uneeded.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 1st, 2003, 11:03:21 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
In the future, instead of editing out things that "might" turn into flamebait, can we PM the poster first and see if they'll do it themselves? This method would prbably work better in most cases.

Taylor Millard
Mar 1st, 2003, 04:51:04 PM
That's the last thing I sent Sigil. Shawn, Ogre...if you get any complaints, please let me know.

Sigil,

There are a few things I cannot apologize for- your treatment at TSE being one of them, because I wasn't a member, and (hopefully) I'll never be one. Being a moderator here at SWFans means that I do my best to avoid having any type of group like TSE happen again. Ever.

That being said, I apologize for what the 'Emotional vs. Content Issue' thread became. It was not my intention.

If you have any problems with me as a moderator, feel free to inform Ogre, Shawn, and I as well.

Taylor Millard

Taylor Millard
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:12:52 PM
OKay I think we're just gonna agree to disagree on the emotions vs content issue.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:26:40 PM
*blinks*

TheHolo.Net
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:06:30 PM
BTW: I have heard no complaints at all about anything you did Taylor.

Taylor Millard
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:16:29 PM
I heard two.

*shrugs*

In the past.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:12:07 PM
But you said for people with complaints to talk to Shawn or Ogre, and he hasn't heard anything, so you're good.

:)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:14:55 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
But you said for people with complaints to talk to Shawn or Ogre, and he hasn't heard anything, so you're good.

:) Correct