PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell

Kelt Simoson
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:03:55 PM
Before i buy the game i wouldent mind you guys sayiing your opinions, it cool enough to buy or?

JMK
Feb 28th, 2003, 08:02:52 PM
It's very cool, but quite tough, and very detail oriented. Like if you kill someone, you have to hide the body so that his pals won't see it and sound the alarm. Stuff like that, its very challenging...

Morgan Evanar
Mar 1st, 2003, 11:45:14 PM
If you like thief, you'll drool yourself for Splinter Cell. Its very hard on comp hardware though.

imported_Lance Stormrider
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:09:39 PM
Hmh IMO it's the best spy game, better then MGS.

Zachariah Darmok
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:25:53 PM
Yea i love my sneak-em up. MGS 1 and 2 are the fav so far although i must admit of Splinter Cell cracks the slave whip in my direction...ive heard the story is kinda complex however?

(This is Kelt BTW)

imported_Lance Stormrider
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:39:51 PM
Yeah it is as hell X_x but it's really cool once you get a hold of it

Cassidy Williams
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:19:53 PM
Based on the book by Tom Clancy, aye?

If it's anything like the add makes it look, I'll die withing the first five seconds.

I need a simple controller with 'up', 'down', 'left', 'right', 'A', and 'B' or else I get fuddled up. And if it's a tense game, like I dfind Rainbow 6 to be, I get too into it and start to scream everytime someone shoots at me.

...But it looks vera nifty, gents ;)

Shawn
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:34:18 PM
I don't think there was an actual book, no.

Kelt Simoson
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:38:24 PM
There is no book, no.

Cassidy Williams
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:11:43 PM
*shrugs*

Ah well, I tried to sound like I knew something :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 24th, 2003, 04:36:27 PM
The only books that Clancy has made into games (to my knowledge) are SSN, Ruthless.com (not sure if it was finished), Politka, and Rainbow Six

Aaron Vilnaldi
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:20:04 AM
I have Splinter Cell, Kelt (this is Terran), and I will say this: it is sweet. It's probably the most fun of any of the spy/stealth genre.

There are many plusses. These include:

-Sam's very agile and cool movements
-Neat gadgets (night/thermal vision, cameras that shoot gas into people's face and knock them out when they get close, etc)
-Excellent, excellent lighting and graphics
-Numerous ways to incapacitate/kill/deal with enemies which include interrogating them, forcing them to cooperate, and using them as hostages/human shields should they alert other guards

Downside:

-For those with a lack of patience and attention to detail, you will get bored trying to do it all right
-Levels get repetative after some time
-Some annoying catches here and there (i.e. have to find a game specific hiding spot for a body so as not to trigger alarms even if you found a different one that would work)

Overall, it gets an A in my book. Very cool and pretty innovative. The lighting effects and they way Sam uses shadows will amaze you. . .seriously. But, I got it for free from a friend who bought it and couldn't run it, so I didn't have to pay for it. I would've bought it anyway, methinks.

Hope this is helpful in any way. :D