PDA

View Full Version : What Stallone is up to now, and why he may be on the right track

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2003, 08:41:22 AM
He isnt the main star. He is playing the main villain in Spy Kids 3.

And to me, this is a GREAT move for him. he knows himself, he has made some major Turkeys. So unlike Arnie, who just keeps trying to be the star at an age near to getting a free bus pass, Stallone is playing it cleverly. Rather than keep beating the dead horse for 10 more years, he is going for smaller roles. Ever seen Cop Land? I loved Cop Land. And in a cast FULL of big name great actors, he manages to hold his own. Why? Because he is in a film where he is just as important as the next character. And take his plan for Rocky 6. Basically, he wants it to be Foreman style, where people think he's a joke until he's won tons of fights. But this time, he wants the "baddie" to be developed as well, rather than the 2D ones he's faced previously. IMO, the right move.

In my opinion, if ole Sly plays it right, he could end up getting the respect he used to have. Dont go for the new director making action films route. Go and get the character roles I know he can play.

Oriadin
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:24:44 AM
I think Stallone is a very smart man. I really do. Ive enjoyed the majority of his work, especially the rocky films (which I love!) Stallone always said that Rocky was a kind of mirror for his life. What ever was going on in his life was reflected by what ever was going on in Rockys life.

Rocky 1, the underdog. Given a shot at the big time but with no REAL chance of succeding. I mean, he's just another bum from the neighbourhood right? The sucess of the film, was mirrored by the success of stallone.

Rocky 2, ok the first time he was good but was it just a fluke? People know who he is now and he has that expectation on him.

Rocky3, he is a success but he cant afford to sit pretty on top, otherwise someones just gonna come along and knock him off. Hes got to get his hunger back, stay focused.

Now with the rumours of Rocky 6 people are asking if its all over? Hes past it by now surly. He's had his day and is simply and old timer trying to show that he still has it when really he could be making a fool of himself.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2003, 02:48:45 PM
Now this is a better role than Rocky 6, the question is, is he really the villain, or will he turn out to be like Cummings and Buschemi in the last two movies.

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:09:34 PM
Not seen, so dont know :)

But he does appear to have some wild Schizophrenic powers.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:33:00 PM
Never seen the first one? You might want to check them out Cummings and Buschemi are quite funny in both films.

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:11:51 PM
Yeah, I want to