PDA

View Full Version : An Apology to GJO

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:35:30 PM
I saw the Circus my resignation thread caused and recieved the PM's and IM's from those who wanted to help me work this thing out.

I apologize. I saw this as a way of protesting what I percieved as an abuse of powers by members of the GJO council, with stuff they did OOC at Fans. I severly overreacted, not because of who they targeted but because I have seen first hand what happens when mods and admins are out of control at SWR. That P.O.S. Daeg has gotten my so paranoid that I don't think Mods/Admins should do anything but lock, move or delete threeads. Public opinions are fine for anyone to have and to voice, whether I agree with them or not and this was not because of their opinions, I've expressed similar opinions about said person before. Rather I say that this was my over-reacting to a simple mistake in judgement on the part of some of the GJO staff on a non GJO board.

I won't ask for reinstatement as a member, you'll either let me continue posting here or you won't. But I do ask that Morgan and Charlie forgive me for my mistake. You guys have worked hard to make GJO what it is and I said the same thing to Marcus and Ogre and Taylor and whomever else I've spoken to about this, that is why I chose to resign rather than make trouble, but it seems my resignation caused more trouble than anything else I could have said or done. I hope you two can forgive and forget this.

As for me being in GJO, I'm still thinking on that, its not about ooc stuff anymore, other than my own stupiditiy, but rather some IC stuff that I want Hadrian to do. Thanks for your time and I'm sorry for the trouble.

Oriadin
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:44:33 PM
Id like to get something in here before this turns into something that gets locked again. I didnt see the thread in question before it was edited and locked so im not sure of what the hell went on really, and to be honest I dont care. Everyone looks willing to forgive and forget so I sugest as a group we put this whole thing behind us. Its in the past, lets leave it there.

Hadrian deserves some respect in my book for the way he has apologised and I think he has explained himself well. I really hope you decide to stay, Oriadin would very much welcome a RP with you :)

Lets just kiss and make up, in a non, kissing way of course :p

TheHolo.Net
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:47:14 PM
Hadrian and I have spoken about this all today and I have no issues with him at all. It appeared that my post may have been what set the other thread off into a tailspin and for that I apologize, but I had to say my piece on the subject and did.

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:19:54 PM
Me = not a part of GJO staff :)

Apology unconditionally accepted. As you were :ghost

Morgan Evanar
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:26:33 PM
My words may be harsh sometimes, but they are rarely a "mistake". I almost always say exactly what I mean. If you want to debate that, feel free to PM me, but its somewhat irrelevant to this thread.

Why would we lock this thread? You're applogizing because, um, you feel that you need to, and are explaing yourself and your actions. You don't agree with me, and well, thats life. Easily dealt with enough. You change your mind or die! (jk)

Putting up with Deagle could do your head bad, but we run things completely differently.

Hell, you should see some of the old knockdown dragouts Mark and I had over GJO policy. You'd think we'd killed each other's cats. Well, that and the fact that we can be inflexible bastards sometimes and both really want what's best for the group.

Forgive, yes. Not entirely easy, but it can be done.

I don't forget though. Ignoring history of any sort, and it repeats itself.

Figrin D'an
Feb 27th, 2003, 07:04:44 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Hell, you should see some of the old knockdown dragouts Mark and I had over GJO policy. You'd think we'd killed each other's cats. Well, that and the fact that we can be inflexible bastards sometimes and both really want what's best for the group.

That's why you've got me... I'm the reasonable one. :p ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm glad that this appears to be just a misunderstanding. It's easy to make mountains out of molehills at times, and it would be a shame for needless animosity to be perpetuated because of a communication issue.

Sene Unty
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:45:30 PM
Damn it Padawan....dont do this stuff to me anymore....:D