PDA

View Full Version : Life's water (open)

Valirion Thorn
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:28:51 PM
:: I stood in the shadows of the building. It was high noon and I was testing the possibilities here. I felt it burning away at my strength and I could feel my power rebuilding as much as it could in the dim shadows. This was a sandy village in the country side of the planet and I leaned gainst the shady wall of the saloon.
My armor stirred slowly, annoyed that I was letting the sun do this much damage to me aleady, what if a jedi showed up? Or any opponent? What could I do with my weakened position? IT would be interesting.
Watching the sunrise had been very interesting, especially when colors had disappeared after my iris had been burned away.::

Pearl Topaz
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:19:12 PM
She was only here in this podunk town for one reason, but that wasn't important, what WAS important was the strange man who seemed to be staying away from windows and who was giving off an air of someone who was in great pain. She blinked once, then twice, then got the nerve to go talk to the man.

"Are you hurt Mister?"

Valirion Thorn
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:12:27 PM
Very much so little missy.

:: I coughed, thick coagulated blood splashing against my hand. I wiped it on my already blood colored velvet jacket. My face was covered in the deep shadows and my armor was wrapped tightly about my body making itself look like bandages.::

I haven't been very well since this morning. Actually, every day I seem to hurt.

:: I turned to look at her through covered eyes. I could see her veins... her arteries pumping blood. I sighed at the sight of her face though.::

Can I help you?

Pearl Topaz
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:19:34 PM
She blinked once more.

"My mother gave this silly umbrella with a shade that goes down all around it, would you like Mister?"

She didn't know why she had said that, but it seemed like the right thing to do, even though she was ignoring his question.

"I'm only offering 'cos you're one of them, aren't you?"

Valirion Thorn
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:31:37 PM
:: I coughed again but ended with a smile, letting the blood hit the ground this time. I shook my head and waved the parasol away.::

Them? I'm sorry, I don't understand. But thank you for the offering of shade, everyone should be carrying something like that nowadays.

:: I pushed myself of the wall and then willed myself into the sunlit street. I hissed but made it look as if it was a bad knee by limping slightly.::

Pearl Topaz
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:14:40 PM
She frowned and followed the man, putting the closed parasol under an arm.

"You're an albino, right? That means the sun gives you horrid blisters and you're all white...Am I right?"

She had heard of albinos, people who had no pigmentation in their skin, but she had never seen one, so she assumed that this man was one.

Valirion Thorn
Mar 1st, 2003, 05:04:14 PM
Yes, the sun does give me horrible pains...

:: I laughed as I swallowed those words with a mouthful of blood. I turned slowly and entered the Saloon. No one was anywhere to be seen in the room and no sounds could be heard throughout the building but I took a seat in a wooden chair and turned to look at the girl as she followed. I had lost enough blood through just walking from one shadow to the next that she was looking very appetizing.::