PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooooo! Mr. Rogers Died!!!!

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:54:34 AM
A bunch of you are probably too old or too out of touch (damn Aussies...:lol....) to remember this dude....

Actually, this isn't really that funny...I grew up watching Mr Rogers take us on trips through crayon factories and stuff...I propose a minute of silence in respect for the best child...erm....educator ever...in history...

Cya, Mr. Rogers...:lol...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=496&e=5&u=/ap/20030227/ap_on_en_tv/obit_rogers

~Lion~

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:59:55 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27692

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:10:04 AM
Fine...we've got two seperate threads of worship and mourning...I'll miss that dude...Sejah made some really good points.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:52:05 AM
* shrug *

No idea who your talking about.

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:05:57 AM
Ditto, Marcus.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 27th, 2003, 07:00:06 AM
You guys have really missed out. That man was so cool. I watched his show for so long, and even when I got older, if it came on while I was flipping the channels, I'd stop and watch it. That man , even though he was on the other side of the TV screen, really made you feel good about yourself. He really did care about his viewers. He has such a quiet, gentle power in his voice and in his actions.

Jinn Fizz
Feb 27th, 2003, 07:59:15 AM
Oh...if you don't know who Mr. Rogers is, please read the article linked here in this thread, and some of the other links that are featured in the CNN article.

Mr. Rogers was a special, special man. I don't know if I'd be the person I am without having grown up watching him. I'm serious, that's no exaggeration. Mr. Rogers was kind, gentle, thoughtful, a truly good soul. Some people made fun of him because he seemed so "square," but it's their loss. This unassuming, simple man in the sneakers and sweater was pretty much a saint, as far as I'm concerned.

Looking around the PBS website, I'm not surprised to see they've posted an article that includes suggestions on how parents can talk to their children about the fact that Mr. Rogers is no longer with us....

http://pbskids.org/rogers/parents/feb27.html

I am truly in mourning. This is one of those weird times when I've cried over the death of someone I never met. May Fred rest in peace! :cry

Kelt Simoson
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:02:02 AM
Nope, still no idea.

Zeke
Feb 27th, 2003, 10:00:11 AM
I dunno what to say about this. Mr. Rogers was a great guy. I don't think there's anything left to say that hasn't already been said, and if there's something more to say, I lack the diction to say it properly. I don't think there's a kid in the U.S. who hasn't seen his show...:cry

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 27th, 2003, 10:29:16 AM
He was one-of-a-kind.

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a a neighbor, would, would you be mine, could you be mine, won't you be my neighbor, won't you be, please won't you be, please won't you be my neighbor..."

And St. Peter said yes....

Sene Unty
Feb 27th, 2003, 10:50:31 AM
That is sad as hell. Damn it! I remember quite vividly watching him as a child... this is like Big Bird dying... :(

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 27th, 2003, 01:32:45 PM
It's a shame. I remember Mr. rogers showing kids how to brush their teeth, tie their shoes, feeding the goldfish, Picture picture was cool too. I learned a lot watching that show.

Admiral Lebron
Feb 27th, 2003, 01:52:24 PM
:cry :cry :cry its a travisty. I remember him like it was just yesterday... :( Very sad day indeed. He had over a thousand episodes...

Sigil Roland
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:03:28 PM
Good Bye Mr. Rogers.

Sanis Prent
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:33:39 PM
I have a sticker of him on my truck, with him holding a .357 magnum and saying "Welcome to my Hood"

CMJ
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:33:22 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
I have a sticker of him on my truck, with him holding a .357 magnum and saying "Welcome to my Hood"

LMAO:lol :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:51:17 PM
At least I'll get to see him again someday. Mr. Rogers was a devout Christian, in fact I think he was even a reverend at one point but I could be wrong.

So its a sad day, because we'll miss him, but not too sad. He *is* in a better place.

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:54:02 PM
The land of winged loafers and angelic cardigans.

Indeed.

Lady Vader
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:23:16 PM
:cry

Rest in peace, Mr. Rogers.

Taylor Millard
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:53:20 PM
Mister Rogers I hope you're my neighbor...

RIP sir.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:55:03 PM
I only watched the show like once or twice...but it wasn't too bad.

imported_QuiGonJ
Feb 28th, 2003, 12:23:56 AM
Marcus, you would have liked him.

Back in the 1960's, long before kid shows were based on toy lines, Fred Rogers, a minister, looked out there on tv and saw shows that talked down to kids or sensationalized violence. He didn't complain about it, he just thought it could be done better his way so made a show he thought kids would appreciate, and we did.

He made shows for three decades, each one filled with kindness, politeness and decency. Honest decency.

I haven't felt any sadness at his passing though, cause like others have said, Heaven just got a little brighter with him entering it. :)

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:38:54 AM
At my cousin's funeral, his mom told us all about a conversation that she'd had with him waaaay back when he was little. The idea was that, because God is in everyone, God is missing parts. When people die and go to be with God, they fill up holes in Him, like pieces being placed in a jigsaw puzzle. My cousin, they said, filled up a big hole.

Thinking that Mr. Rogers filled up an even bigger hole makes me feel better. If ever there was a person from the past fifty years who deserved eternal life, I would say Fred Rogers was it.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:55:02 AM
Mr. Rogers was indeed a reverend.

He was also a sniper in the Korean War.

To think, even after serving in a war sniping, one of the most ruthless, cold-blooded ways to kill someone, he could still be soft spoken, and gentle, and sensitive to others.

MR. Rogers is my hero.

Sanis Prent
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:59:50 AM
:lol what a way to go....getting sniped by Mr. Rogers!

Zeke
Feb 28th, 2003, 12:02:48 PM
::takes aim::

"Hey Neighbor. This is a sniper rifle. Can you say sniper rifle?"

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 28th, 2003, 12:06:06 PM
You bet, man. and he's up on top of King Friday's Castle, kicking tail and taking names. :D

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 28th, 2003, 12:26:15 PM
"It's a beautiful day to kick your <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>!"

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 28th, 2003, 01:23:57 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
::takes aim::

"Hey Neighbor. This is a sniper rifle. Can you say sniper rifle?"

:lol

AmazonBabe
Feb 28th, 2003, 07:20:50 PM
I haven't felt any sadness at his passing though, cause like others have said, Heaven just got a little brighter with him entering it.

Beautiful words, QGJ. Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

:lol @ the whole sniper deal. :rolleyes

Ansatsu
Mar 1st, 2003, 01:11:22 PM
Sniper thing is funny.

My dad and I were driving along and I told him what had happened. Well till I was four all I watched was Sesame Street and Mr.Rogers. I really felt sad. He was such a great and gentle man. May he rest in peace. And in the words of my father, "Everyday from now on is gonna be a beautiful day in his neighborhood." That made me cry first time I heard my dad say that. May Mr.Rogers rest in peace, and may his memory live on forever.

Lord Soth
Mar 2nd, 2003, 02:40:10 AM
Mr. Rodger's...hurmm...Now we know what he had in his sweater closet huh...A high powered carbine with a few notches on the stock. Give's a new meaning to the saying..."Kill'em with kindness." ;)

RIP Mr. Rodger's/ Snipper :angel