PDA

View Full Version : NFL Cuts

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:28:19 PM
Tomorrow is cut down day, so far amoung big players cut
Stephen Davis RB (Redskins)
Kordell Stewart QB (Steelers)
Jim Miller QB (Bears)
Dwayne Rudd LB (Browns) (yes he is the guy who threw his helmet in the first game of the year and cost his team their game)
Dana Stubblefield DT (49ers)
Derrick Ward WR (Dolphins)
Rocket Ismael WR (Cowboys)
Duane Clemons DE (Chiefs)

I am sure there will be more names, including Emmitt Smith who could get cut tomorrow.

Sene Unty
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:31:09 PM
:lol Dwayne Rudd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they even had to call him or did he just know.....

Pretty big names though not many surprises...

Kordell had to go, Miller is way too hurt, and the rest suck.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:47:36 PM
I know Rudd didn't surprise I figured he be gone after he threw his helmet :lol Davis is the biggest name on there right now, the current rumor is that Dallas will cut Smith and sign Davis, personally that will be a mistake Davis is probably not got too many seasons left he has been used too much in his career.

JonathanLB
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:40:12 PM
The rest suck? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?! Stubblefield is awesome! He has went to the Pro Bowl numerous times, that guy is awesome. I can't believe they cut him. What a load of crap. The Niners better not suck next year.

Kordell Stewart has so much potential, but he screws up so often. Grr... he is brilliant sometimes, idiotic other times.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:47:59 PM
what kind of season did Stubbfield have this year?
Just wondering it could also have to do with the cap and he may not have wanted to restructure his contract. Oh well if he still good maybe my Chiefs can pick him up :) We need DL help.

JonathanLB
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:07:47 AM
I am sure it was a cap problem. We lost Stub, then we got him back, and now we lose him again. Ah well...

He's a cool guy. I remember when he used to be really great, back maybe 5-6 years ago, with Young and whatnot on the team still. Stub is the man.

Sene Unty
Feb 27th, 2003, 10:43:26 AM
I missed Stubblefield...sorry Jon...:D

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:13:33 PM
Hey Jedieb maybe your cowboys might want Trent Green

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/5271092.htm

His agent is a jerk he was the same guy who represented Grbac and told him he was one of the best QB in football (we all know where Elvis is now) Green should rework his contract if he doesn't he will criple the Chiefs for next year, they got problems with the defense that need to be fixed, and Holmes wants to get paid more (I don't blame him he is making less than 2 million a year) I have to say if I have to choose who I would rather see playing next year I take Holmes without hesitation.

JMK
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:46:19 PM
Man, I would take Holmes in a heartbeat over Green. Or anyone else on the team for that matter. I think I would take Holmes over Gonzales AND Green.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:57:15 PM
Well Gonzalez will be playing long after Holmes has retired I am thinking Holmes is got 5 years left (he is already 31) and Gonzalez will still be playing 10 years from now. Also I spoke too soon, Green and the Chiefs agreed on a new deal he is getting 50 million dollars over 7 years, here is the story

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6216008

I am glad that is settled I was willing to live with another QB though the options at this point would have probably been Kordell Stewart or trading for Tim Couch, I think Green is better than both of them.

JMK
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:02:44 PM
Wow, I didn't know that Gonzalez was that young. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:11:10 PM
Gonzales is under 30, he might 28, 29 I am not sure which. Holmes though got a late start that is really his problem, he is 31 now and RBs usually don't make it pass 35. I think he will make it to say 36 or 37 maybe.

JMK
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:20:25 PM
Did you hear that Terrell Davis may get back with the Broncos? I wonder if he can get his knees in good enough condition to actually be effective....

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:25:08 PM
I think he is a fool if he comes back his knees are in bad shape, I doubt he could make it an entire year. I don't why he would want to come back he has a Super Bowl MVP and two rings, unless he thinks he won't make it into the Hall of Fame if he doesn't play again.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:30:54 PM
Well ESPN has made a list of all the cuts so far here is the link

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1515252.html

So I guess Emmit got cut, he is listed that is awful, shows what kind of man Jones is.