PDA

View Full Version : Resignation...

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:24:51 PM
Not that anyone really cares, but I am officially resigning my status as a member of GJO, you can remove my access to avalon and take me out of the Meet and Greet thread.

If you have any questions feel free to PM this account as I will be playing a rogue Jedi from now on. Thanks to those who rped with me and tried to make GJO home, I just don't agree with some of the people and some of the things that happens here and I don't have the clout nor the experience to change things or understand what is necessary to change. Good luck with future endevours.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:08:16 PM
Thanks for being communicative and letting us have a chance to make things right.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:20:54 PM
Am I alone in wondering what the hell caused this?????

Zeke
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:22:37 PM
Nope! I'd like to know what happened too. Can't fix it if we don't know what the problem is.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:48:05 PM
I think I might know, but maybe you should PM him about it :\

Figrin D'an
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:19:56 PM
I likely know why as well, but if you want to know for sure, talk to him personally.

Iago Kent
Feb 27th, 2003, 01:32:12 AM
I know as well, and if you wish to talk to him do so.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:33:19 AM
Hmm, seemed like a cool guy. Someone should try to mend the problem, if it is indeed fixable. Of course, the problem would have to be found out first of. ;)

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:18:53 AM
True...Well, I'll miss Hadrian. He was a cool dude, and the few RP trainings I did with him showed that he had great promise as a Jedi.

Guess I'll PM him to see what it was about. Maybe about Sene, since he went AWOL a while back.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:20:27 AM
I still totally dont understand, even after PM.

:/

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:31:20 AM
See you around, Had.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:51:56 AM
Take care buddy...

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 27th, 2003, 10:25:15 AM
I would like to get one thing straight so as to not end up hurting peopel with speculations.

This is not about Sene or anyone else that I've directly rped with. Sene was a fantastic master, he did what he could as IRL allowed.

This is about me, trying to be mature about something I have no control over and doing what I think is best for GJO. I have nothing but respect for the work and effor that has gone into this organization, even that of those I disagree with work damn hard to make this place what it is. I don't want to ruin that, I don't want to bicker, argue or make a general ass of myself. I don't think I can do that (I'm an asshole by nature), I don't think i can keep from making ooc comments and what not and the GJO doesn't need that, not from a newbie at least. Perhaps when time passes and my opinion changes or the opinions of those whom I disagree with I'll ask to rejoin, but for right now I think it's best. This will be my last post at Avalon. If you catch me lurking it's just to see if I still have access and to make sure posts that might speculate the wrong thing don't go unanswered.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 27th, 2003, 11:17:35 AM
I am almost positive I know exactly what this is about. And as for my opinion its doing nothing more than perpetuating a drama that shouldn't exist here.

Forum drama....oh nooos, I wonder who cold be behind it? :rolleyes

Sanis Prent
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:58:30 PM
Agreed. If this is what I think its about, this is a grossly inappropriate way of dealing with it, and I fail to see why this involves the GJO at all. But, its all in your hands. Far from me to suggest otherwise.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:12:40 PM
And take this into acount as well; The fact that you still have access to this forum should prove some willingness to work with your issues by the GJO staff.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:19:07 PM
I would very much SOMEONE telling me what the hell this is about! If this is a GJO issue, as a GJO Admin and along with Morg, the guy that looks most after the day to day running of this place, it's annoying me no end an issue that seems to be about GJO has NOT been bought before me.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ABOUT?!?!

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:27:30 PM
If I'm right in thinking, it's not a GJO issue at all, and was brought on by this (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27660).

TheHolo.Net
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:42:06 PM
Let me go ahead and address that since I have not addressed it in any type of public way and should not there in OOC since the thread has been closed.

Was that thread in poor taste? Probably so, yes.

Was that thread harmful in any way to the one to whom it was about? No.

Was what occurred an invasion of privacy? No.

My explanation and reasoning is as follows.

Yes, the fact that the person’s identity was given away to a large degree was in fact poor taste and a mistake. It could have been done in a way that no one could figure out who was being referred to and the issue wouldn’t be causing so many problems. Are staff members not allowed to be human and make mistakes like regular posters and human beings? Being so unforgiving of something is just plain wrong. Not a single one of us is perfect and entirely without flaws.

Please explain to me what kind of harm was done here if you think that is the case. Its not like the anonymity of that poster was exposed to the point of; “So and so is lurking and right at this very moment they are reading such and such thread or looking at such and such forum." If that had indeed been the case, exposing an anon user live with when they were logged on and what they were doing I would see this as an invasion of privacy, but as it was it was nothing more than something some people found interesting that was happening over a long period of time.

I have seen and read many a thread at both the SWR and SWRPG boards that do nothing but bash the staff members of this board and only once have I ever seen anyone stand up for the SWFans staff to defend them personally, and here is why I think that is the case. The majority of our staff members respect the rights that any person has to form their own opinion, even if its something that has no foundation in fact. We don’t descend down on their boards in a rain of complaints, we don’t whine and cry about it to others in IM, we just move on and let others believe what they will.

Right now I really think this mistake made by a human being is being reacted to just the way that those who want nothing more than to have the success and popularity that this board has, are getting exactly the attention they desire. The facts are being skewed and misinterpreted. and some of those skewing them are doing so with malicious (jealous) intent.

Accept the mistake, move on and don’t let it affect IC dealings or workings. Mixing OOC drama with IC reaction leads to nothing but misunderstandings, miscommunication and more often than not, trouble with a capital T.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:44:50 PM
I would very much SOMEONE telling me what the hell this is about! Seconded. I have an idea, but you know how assumption works; ass out of you and me.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:56:17 PM
/rant

Oh for GODS SAKE WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS ISSUE HAVE TO DO WITH GJO????

We are an independant board to SW-Fans and frankly, what peopel do there isnt our problem, nor is what people do here an SW-Fans issue. Just because I've invited Mr Fans to moderate here does not mean he has control here, nor does things from SW-Fans overflow here.

You know, I agree the person in question who started that thread, yes, it was a mistake. But the person who that thread was about.... you know what? That person insulted, bashed and lied about the SW-Fans staff and frankly when I was admining SW-Fans in the past, was a complete and utter pain in the arse who campained behind the scences with with people like Rama and Lynch to be rid of me. That person tried the same on Ogre and frankly I was so glad to see the back of that person.

Oh, that person defended Daegal Murdoch, calling the facts I and others found about him infiltrating and trying to send out defamatory emails usign an anonymous account. Sucks to him I caught his IP address and tracked him back. Oh, but Lynch and Rama and this person defended their 'friend' and attacked SFW-Fans staff again and again. So it was very funny to see Daegal backstab the lot of them and prove we were right all along.

Frankly that lurker owes the staff of SW-Fans one hell of a huge apology. The thread of Sanis was extremely minor compared to some of the bullshit the lurker has done.

So if I'm now right and this is real issue, it has nothign to do with GJO and I would appreciate it NOT overflow here.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:01:18 PM
Really, if this is a non-GJO issue, it doesn't have to be discussed/argued over here, so could we not engage in a name and shame bash-fest, please?

Sanis Prent
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:04:16 PM
It isn't even an issue of WHO. The comedy factor of that many regular lurkings with no posts would've been noticed of ANY major poster. It just so happened to be her. Mistake? Perhaps. My birth certificate says Human, far from me to disagree...though maybe there's some minor deity way up on the ol family tree. The thread was closed. Dealt with. Finito. I don't think its prudent to get riled up on assumptions and second-hand information, and its much less prudent to drag an independent third party (GJO) into this. My PM is known, and I'm rather approachable about any and all things. Most of my time is spent helping other forum members with whatever problems they have, great & small alike.

If you have grievances with my thread, take them up with me, or with the SWF staff. But it isn't fair to bring them to the unaffiliated parties at GJO.

Edit- Agreed, Dasq. Those are buried skeletons, and need not be dredged up.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:04:18 PM
-_-

Yah. I'm just severly pissed the issue wandered by this place. I think I'll close this thread unless there is somethign someone really needs to say. Issue should never have been dragged into GJO in the first place

Sanis Prent
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:06:48 PM
Agreed. If further discussion needs to take place, please feel free to PM the SWF staff