PDA

View Full Version : The New Old Life (Kelt Simoson)

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:30:26 AM
Aaron had been ushered on his way from the recruitment center, after returning with his brother to assume his duties once more as a Jedi, and told that he should seek out accommodation within the Order before visiting the Bar and Grill. As he wandered through the quiet halls, surveying what was around him, he saw statuettes and busts of former Jedi whom he had trained with, great, wise men and women that he had stood beside. There, too, was a statue of him – or at least it looked like him. When he knelt to read the plaque, it read:

DASQUIAN BELARGIC. JEDI KNIGHT. COUNCIL MEMBER.

Aaron stood and smiled slightly. His brother had accomplished so much since being here, and was now immortalized with the other council members and Knights of the Order. One day, he hoped, he would stand beside his brother in this great archive.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:40:02 AM
' Well, well, well...' Sounded a voice behind him. Kelts voice was husky, it was early morning and Kelts worst time was in the morning, it often took him an hour, breakfast and a nice cup of herbal tea to wake him. Evedently he had not had this yet. ' Admiring you great achivement old boy?...' He chuckled and patted who he thought was his friend on the back.

Kelt had not even thought at this time to notice it was not even Dasquian standing at his own statue and of course for a few moments continued to talk about Xazor, Marcus and his traning this of which Aaron had no idea about. And then suddenly after a few moments of Aaron not talking Kelt steppd back and smiled.

' Are you okay Dasquian?...something the matter?'

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:43:32 AM
Aaron turned to look to the man, his sharp blue eyes scanning over the man’s face. This Jedi must have been a friend of his brothers, and yet another who had mistook him for Dasquian. The former Knight of the Old Republic offered a polite smile, and reply:

“I’m sorry… you’ve mistaken me for my brother.”

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:55:51 AM
' A....Aaron Belargic?' Clasping his hands together behind his back Kelt surveyed the brother of his friend up and down, it took but a few short moments, his race of which Kelt was could since and see vital or minute differences and changed in almost anything, very alert and observent. Suddenly he could see it was a different person altogether. Marks on his face, his eyes, his hair, all identical yet also different.

'Hmm...' For a few seconds a fan of silence struck the corridor and then with a high picthed and happy tone Kelt perked up from his observant stare. ' Do you think you fancy a cuppa' tea?...perhaps a spot of breakfast?...your brother is supposed to meet me for lunch today perhaps we can both go later on?'

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:58:25 AM
It was true that Dasquian and Aaron looked alike to the common man, but very small things made them different. Aaron’s eyes were blue, Dasquian’s were violet. Aaron carried himself with a less cheery carriage than his brother did, and wore blues and greys where his brother wore greens and browns. Things like this would slip past the minds notice if a person wasn’t deliberately looking to see who it was they were speaking to.

“I’m supposed to be finding a room,” Aaron replied. He didn’t want to decline the offer, but had to find himself residence before it came to the evening – he didn’t want to disturb sleeping people by roaming through the hallways.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:33:19 AM
' Well, err there is if you wish a spare room here with me. I use it as an office for my art and writing but im sure we could sort another room out for you...if you wish of course.' Kelt smiled, if he could help out his friends brother in any way he would. ' You might have to put up with my cooking and archery practice but if you are like your brother perhaps we could practice together...'

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:37:06 AM
“Archery practice?”

So there were people here who still used bows. That was surprising, yet expected all in one. After all, this man did look like one of the Jedi of old, and was presumably close to his brother, so would have had a hard time avoiding dealing with archery time or another.

“Well if you don’t mind having me there, it would be good to have some company,” Aaron then added, with a polite smile.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:03:50 AM
Strange as it might feel having a 2nd Dasquian around the place Kelt felt happy that he was helping a friends family member out, if not for Aarons sake but to help Dasquian out.

'Its not much but im sure you can sort something out...' The apartment was warm and open yet Kelts cookery and writings were all over the place, Kelt natualy was trying to quickly clear it away to make room for his new room mate. ' Your room is through there, its big if you take all that stuff out and place in a bed...' He smiled.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:16:06 AM
Aaron looked around the doorway into the room; it was filled with miscellanea of all kinds, piled up into messy towers in an attempt to make some order in the room. Behind the clutter Aaron thought he could spot a modest looking bed.

“I’m sure it’s very nice,” he said as he turned back to look at Kelt, who seemed to be in a bit of a panic.

“… You know, it would probably be best if I knew my room mates name.”

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:09:53 AM
Kelt turned towards Aaron with a pile of books in his hand and wads of paper under his arm. ' Oh...excuse my mannors, dear me!' He said with a smile ' My names Kelt, Kelt Simoson. Jedi Padawan and poet i also do a bit of cooking so you might have to get used to home cooked meals while you are here...' He chuckled.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:18:01 AM
Home cooked meals – once he’d become a Jedi, that had been somewhat of a rarity. He and Dasquian had travelled so much that it was rare they were ever in one place long enough for either to cook a meal.

“A pleasure to meet you, Kelt, and if you are willing to cook for me then I would be most thankful. I’m sure you are a fine cook,” he said, laughing faintly.

“… So, how long have you been a Jedi here?”

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:27:09 AM
' Well unoffcialy about 7 years, offcialy about a year... He smiled ' You see, i doubt you have heard of them but i once was a Crusader. They are pretty close to what Jedi are, but i joined the REAL Jedi about a year ago and never looked back.'

Kelt gestured towards the seat he had just cleared away for Aaron to sit, then Kelt pushed aside a few more books an sat down upon the couch. ' I suppose with you beaing here your Jedi employment vastly surpasses any of the longer Jedi, like your brother, a few hundred years correct?...'

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:29:51 AM
Accepting the offered seat, Aaron gave a slight nod.

“I see – and I wouldn’t say that we have been members for hundreds of years, our time in cryosleep was hardly productive as far as performing Jedi duties,” he said, a hint of humour mixed with sadness in his voice.

“I’m sure you know already, though, that Dasquian and I joined the Order when we were 18, under Master Yoda at the time,” the former Knight added as an afterthought, with a small smile.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:41:22 AM
' Oh i know this, must have been sad to hear the news of his death ' Kelt said looking towards Aaron. ' But of course happier memories will provail and i take it your here to re-join?' Kelt added to lighten the convosation.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:44:29 AM
“I am. Perhaps my skills can be put to use here, but then perhaps this place is only big enough for one Hallaer,” Aaron half-sighed, half-laughed.

“I guess only time will tell.”

Kelt Simoson
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:47:17 AM
' I doubt honestly that the Jedi think like that, you are welcome here as you were all those years ago and im sure you and your brother have many things to talk about...some sad...some funny. Its life...your a Jedi and that is all that matters...unless you feel diffrent?'

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:50:59 AM
Aaron did feel a little different, but he said nothing of it.

“No, not at all. I’m just speaking in jest,” he replied with a wink.

“And I was promised tea, yet I see none!”

Kelt Simoson
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:47:17 AM
' Ah yes...' Kelt said jumping up from his chair ' Herbal tea is all i have, hope that is okay?...' Kelt continued as he vanished into the kitchen. ' When are you going to see your brother?

Aaron Belargic
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:51:17 AM
“We’ve spoken already… he found me on Coruscant and brought me back here, introducing me to ah … Xazor is it?”

Aaron looked around as Kelt scurried off into the kitchen.

“I imagine he’ll want to show me around here properly, when he doesn’t have Council duties to attend to.”

Kelt Simoson
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:56:25 AM
' Yes Xazor it is, although i don't agree they are the best of couples especially since shes got a temper like a Lupine on heat and hes a light as light could get its kinda polar oposites, but he loves her and a baby is on the way and you know your brother, dedicated from his heart...' A voice ecoed from the kitchen.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:59:20 AM
Aaron thought of Dasquian as still being married to Eiphos, to his family back on their home. It irked him somewhat that his brother had discarded so many years of companionship in favour of this new woman, but he trusted his brother’s judgement – even if times he did not agree with it.

At the thought of a baby, Aaron felt great pain. He remembered when Dasquian’s children were slew by a Sith; how quickly they fell and how there had been no time to stop what occurred, but if they had only not been so hasty to leave they could have at least tried.

The past was painful.

“A Lupine? What exactly is that?”

Kelt Simoson
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:42:28 AM
' I dont know exactly what they are, but they are in a wolf kind of stait and are regognized as a very viscous animal, im thank full i have never come face to face with one, although i have fought giants before I'm sure the two are not so far apart on the danger side of things...' He said with a smile as be brought in a trey with 2 cups, a large pot of tea and a few snacks to eat.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:45:53 AM
“Giants?” Aaron couldn’t help but smile as he lifted his cup and poured out some steaming tea into the mug. On the tray he could see a number of small foods, but stayed from taking one out of courtesy.

“Well… these Lupine sound very dangerous, but then that’s what we do as Jedi – deal with such things. I don’t quite see how Lady Dawnstrider could be as such and still be a Jedi.”

Kelt Simoson
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:54:15 AM
' Her temper is some-what of an issue here at the GJO and over time you will catch up with the gossip. She and Dasquian were together, then they split, why i do not know. They are to have an offspring which has a terrible backstory to which i will let your brother explain. They whole thing, to me atleast, is a mess. Kelt said puring himself a cup of tea and taking a biscuit.

' And now i have feelings that they are getting alot closer again...i dont know what to think....'

Aaron Belargic
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:57:23 AM
“I see.”

Aaron took a sip of his drink. When he had met Xazor she had seemed to be perfectly calm and Jedi-like. How odd that she should carry such a temper beneath such a placid exterior.

“What about you Kelt, do you have anyone special?” he said, trying to lighten the mood.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:59:25 AM
' I dont often see women in that light...' He said with a coi smile ' Although i do treasure all my friend as special in many ways. I dont however regard anyone as my "love". I was brought up diffrently'

Aaron Belargic
Mar 1st, 2003, 10:32:24 AM
“Brought up not to love?” Aaron questionned.

Kelt Simoson
Mar 1st, 2003, 10:38:12 AM
' Yes, i was brought up as a crusader, much like the old Jedi we are not allowed to love, we must concentrate on our studies rather than or girlfriends...' He said looking down towards the carpet. ' Back wen your first started the Jedi was it not the same?'

Aaron Belargic
Mar 1st, 2003, 10:39:13 AM
“We were encouraged to love,” Aaron replied.

“It’s one of the most important emotions to Jedi… to deprive ourselves of it is to deprive ourselves of the meaning of life itself.”

Kelt Simoson
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:37:32 AM
' I know that now, but it seems to late for me...' He said with a smile

' I have little or no interest in women anymore, only duty and dedication to my job, being a peace keper.'

Kelt poured out some more tea into both half empty cups.

' Tell me, where have you been for the last few months, you were presumed dead.....' Kelt asked trying to chage the subject.

Aaron Belargic
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:00:52 PM
“Imperial entanglements,” Aaron replied, solemnly.

“A Diktat of the Galactic Empire captured me, and I was only freed when the Empire disbanded…”