PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed...

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:17:12 PM
I believe everyone knows what thread has led to my decision to create this one.

I am a newbie. I certified, 100% noob. I joined SWF's at the invitation of Snack and Telan. I met them while I was a newbie at SWRPG. I didn't really know any of the histories between the new boards, I knew there had been an argument and a split ensued and that was the generaly gyst of it. I lurked and read and hunted archives and found that there had been legitimate complaints on both sides and that perhaps the split had been for the best concerning the leadership of both sides.

But I wasn't apart of either, no rather I was new blood. Someone who had no clue nor did they care about the fight or the split, I just wanted to rp. So I started RPing, I found Fans to be just as friendly, albeit a bit larger, and easy to rp in as SWRPG. I was impressed with the abilities of the Mods/Admins to keep order with so many different posters with such a broad spectrum of ideas and opinions.

Until tonight...

Tonight I logged on and read a thread claiming to represent the Admins and mods of this board. In this thread a mod/admin showed blatant abuse of his position and power to ridicule a member of this community whom he had differences with. I was shocked, not only did he show bad form as a person with a level of immaturity that ranked with that of a junior high playground bully, but he did so in the name of the Admins and Mods of this board. What's more, other mods and Admins chimed in like lackeys to said bully. Though there were a few who stood up for the victim of this ridiculous stunt.

I have had nothing but the utmost respect for the members of SWFans staff since I started posting here, I see the B.S. they have to deal with and the patience that they show. But this was beyond snapping at a spammer or rule-breaker, this was malicious attack at someones character and a blatant abuse of authority. I think as a board we should take a long look at those who hold these positions and think on whether they've displayed the maturity and responsibilty to command the respect that comes with their position.

Chances are I will be flamed for this, reminded that I am a newbie, that I don't know the history or what-not, but in those facts lie a simple truth, how many others are out there like me, who don't know the history, who come here just to rp and not deal with the ooc B.S. and how many people will continue to do so if Moderators and Admins continue to abuse their position.

Shawn
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:20:38 PM
I understand your concerns, Hadrian. However, when a thread is closed, it's closed for a reason. That reason is not so you can start a new thread and perpetuate the discussion. It was closed to end the discussion. Thank you. :)