PDA

View Full Version : Li'l Hero: I want a big robot!

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:01:06 AM
Kwiet is lying on the floor in one of Armaiil Kryatir's work rooms, intently watching the small television before him. The mad scientist has ceased his experimentations for the day, and is examining data on a computer. Behind Kwiet, a cat lady in a maid's uniform is mopping the blood from the floor. The show he's watching is a superhero show centering around a young boy and his giant robot, "Impakuto". A huge monster is destroying Coruscant, and the little boy sits forward excitedly. Here comes his favorite part...

"Impakuto! Let's go!"

Onscreen, the Senate building begins to open up, turning itself into a launch base for the giant robot rising out of the tower. But that's not even the best part. The best part is the theme music.

Da-da-dash!
Moeru taiyou se ni ukete
Yuku zo! Hasshin! Mashin ga unaru!!
Ore wa kikai da Tetsujin da (Hei!)
Ima tokihanate yo Hagane no tamashii
(Iku zee!)
Breakdown! Warui yatsu-ra wo buhcikowase
Hissatsu Hissatsu Genkai pawaa da Hyakuretsu Panchi
Ore wa goojasu Aa Impakuto
Da-da-dash!

Of course, the child has no idea what these words mean. But it doesn't matter. It sounds cool. And Impakuto looks cool. Heck, the whole show is just cool.

"I want a big robot! Mr. Science Man, can you build me a big robot?"

Armaiil Kryatir
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:02:31 AM
"Surely you jest. To build a giant robot would be a simple task. It functions on the same principle as a protocol droid. The only impediment is it's size."

The Creator scoffs.

"Don't waste my time boy."

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:12:48 PM
"B-but, I want one! It'd be really big, and have lotsa cool weapons, and I could fight other big robots and monsters and save the world!"

He stands, grabbing the scientist's coat and shaking it.

"Pleeeeaaaaase?"

Armaiil Kryatir
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:47:39 PM
"I said don't waste my time! It's expensive to build such a thing as that! I'd need enough armor to cover a small cruiser, not to mention that the parts needed are not made on a large enough scale to do such a thing as that! They could be made, certainly, but it costs credits, boy, credits to make such things. Your request is a futile one."

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 28th, 2003, 06:45:19 PM
"Bu-but! Puh-leeeeaaaaasssse?"

He shakes the scientist's coat harder, eyes shimmering with tears.

"I want one! I wanna save the woooorlld!"

Armaiil Kryatir
Feb 28th, 2003, 07:01:24 PM
Armaiil clenches an angry fist.

"If your father can find the necessary parts I need at the required sizes, then you may have a robot! I cannot afford to play with such folly."

Kwiet Ideya
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:47:43 PM
The boy sits down with a grumpy frown to watch his television.

"Meanie-head..."