PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Jamel (really)

Morgan Evanar
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:06:03 PM
GJO has banned Jamel for harrassment of both myself and Figrin. The moral of the story: Don't piss off almost every mod and admin somewhere.

PS: make sense, not words.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:13:19 PM
I could also add the posts I've been forced to delete, the angst and howls I get when someone complains abotu somethign else he's done...

I'm quite well aware he's been harrassing people over AIM and PM. But to do that to two admins.... that's just plain asking for action to be taken.

Figrin D'an
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:23:33 PM
I have little to add, other than that all three active admins (Morg, Marcus, myself) are in consensus on this decision.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:24:30 PM
Good call.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:30:33 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
I have little to add, other than that all three active admins (Morg, Marcus, myself) are in consensus on this decision. Raises hand as GJO staff

4 active admins. :p

Figrin D'an
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:34:45 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Raises hand as GJO staff

4 active admins. :p

Yeah, but you're like the uber-admin, so you don't count.

;)

j/k... I kinda forgot about that.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:35:26 PM
hehe

Lady Vader
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:52:18 PM
*Follows suit*

Make that five GJO mods.

I haven't had the misfortune of being harrassed by Jamel either on the boards or AIM, but I have heard plenty of reports and seen plenty of posts to support his banning.

(I suggest his IP be kept an eye on for the next few days as he may try to make another account.)

Sejah Haversh
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:13:35 PM
He already has one other that I know of, though I cannot spell it. Were all his current accounts banned, or just the Jamel one?

TheHolo.Net
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:14:25 PM
This is just a GJO banning, not a SWFans.Net board wide one. Just so everyone knows for sure.

Iago Kent
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:20:08 PM
Make that 6 mods he's bothered (This is Taylor btw)...

Morgan Evanar
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:34:35 PM
All his current accounts have been banned from GJO.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:35:38 PM
Wow, Lucky LV. :\ I've heard of a lot of stuff he has done on IM (Marcus knows some of the stuff, since I showed him) I can't believe he was, er, dumb enough to harass Mods tho :lol

Sejah Haversh
Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:39:06 PM
Just out of curiosity, when one is banned, can they still read posts at the place where they are banned, just not post anything of their own, or how does that work?

TheHolo.Net
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:08:02 PM
Since its a group board ban, he can log out of his account and read posts in public forums, but when logged in he can't even look at thread titles.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:23:40 PM
Hey, could someone kick me off this line, I can still post and see you guys.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:30:15 PM
O_o

Looks like Morg missed this forum.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:35:36 PM
|I

TheHolo.Net
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:37:29 PM
Yeah, talk about foot in mouth syndrome.....

He's gone now from GJO, all his accounts have been double checked by me.

GraNi NaColu
Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:34:15 PM
LoL! I had never heard of all of these actions taken against Jamel. I thought that he was pretty cool, but then again, I haven't been here the past few days since I got a new job.

Zeke
Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:46:45 PM
He just vented at me...says he tried for an apology in the OOC, not a pity party, and he's not sure at all what he did to Fig or Morg, though his explanation did nothing more than back the side of the Mods/Admins. :\

TheHolo.Net
Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:54:22 PM
YUes, he is now complaining to me about the closure of his thread in OOC, and doing nothing more than digging a deeper hole for himself with his side skirting and excuses.

Verse Dawnstrider
Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:20:08 AM
atleast he was honest about not being banned here. I'm not takin' up for the guy. If all the Admins thought he should be banned, then I trust in them. I am just givin' him points for honesty.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:42:57 AM
I was wondering how he knew what I posted in here :uhoh

AmazonBabe
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:05:02 AM
>_<

Sage Hazzard
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:39:56 AM
I saw the timer on him. I was just waiting for him to explode.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:00:16 AM
Same here, Sage...He's been sorta pissing me off over AIM as well.

One question...he has some weirdass account over at the NR boards...that'd be banned also, since NR resides in the GJO?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:28:40 AM
One question...he has some weirdass account over at the NR boards...that'd be banned also, since NR resides in the GJO?

All accounts are banned. Of all the dumb things to do, harrassing ADMINS has got to rank up there.

And then trying a pity party that only reinforced the decision to ban.

The only reason he got this far is that he did get a fair bit of leeway and slack and chances to improve. Hell, we dont ban cause we feel like, we only ban when we believe things have gotten to a point where there is no other option.

I'm very disappointed we have seen the need to ban Jedi characters. The two banned in the last few months are the only ones ever banned I think. Over a four year history, does that say something for tolerance? We must have had hundreds of posters wander by GJO and still, only a handful have been marched out the door.

I know the GJO staff dont really like using their powers for bannings and warnings. We'd rather leave in peace. Thankfully, it's usually that way and only one or two asshats have disturbed the peace.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:39:46 AM
I must admit that was a good call guys, well done. He had been harrassing me over AOL for about 3 days, question after question, think he was to with Jenny (Dasquian) also.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:17:01 AM
He pm'd me, asking me not to make a judgement on him, even though I know how he is. >_< I knew he bothered Sejah and Zasz on AIM, but I didn't realize how many people he did that to.
At least you guys didn't have one of his "friends" im you :x Ugh.

I'll be the mean person here and just say it -- I'm glad he got banned. And not just for personal reasons, people can only take so much crap. I'm surprized he's lasted this long.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:19:38 AM
The fact that he still had access here was my fault. Too much MCSE studying, especially security policy where explicity deny overrules and explicit allow. >_<

TheHolo.Net
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:45:58 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
The fact that he still had access here was my fault. Too much MCSE studying, especially security policy where explicity deny overrules and explicit allow. >_< The taste of shoeleather is fading fast so its alright. It looked like you just missed this forum on his Jamel name. A Yes for this forum overrides the top level no you had set.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:48:32 AM
Yesh, I'm aware. I just forogot x_x

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:55:07 AM
No worries, Morg, it's fixed. :)

Kelt Simoson
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:57:08 PM
PM from Jamel...

I apologize for my antics, done during aim. You being a GJO member, or apart of their staff I would like to say that I sincerly hope you are not scared, and one day can forgive me for my actions. Their is still a want for I to be in the GJO, but if that is to ever possibly happen, I would have to change my attitude. Become a much more better citizen of the boards, and more respective.

I hope that will happen soon, and I hope that you will somehow forgive me to start such a hectic situation. Love to the Moderators, and I hope you have a nice life....

Excuse me as I leave..

Ive had 3 in the last few minutes..lol

TheHolo.Net
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:59:18 PM
I think he is mass PMing them to all the GJO members by the looks of his activity in Who's Online.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:00:04 PM
Yup. I've had a PM and the exact same thing said to me on AIM, on two screen names :x

TheHolo.Net
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:02:08 PM
Yep, I just got the exact same message and replied thusly:
Stop spamming people with the same message immediately. PM spamming is a bannable offense.

Alpha
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:04:18 PM
Just got two of those...

TheHolo.Net
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:17:04 PM
Jamel has now been banned board wide. None of us need this aggrivation.

Rognan Dar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:17:52 PM
My brother just got that, too. He replyed to it but only got the same thing back...lol. I knew he had problems IC, but I didn't know that he has been IM people to death...

Kelt Simoson
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:32:40 PM
:thumbup To the Big Green, Mr.SWfans

Sanis Prent
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:46:40 PM
Ding dong the bitch is dead
The bitch is dead, the bitch is dead
Ding dong the obtuse bitch is dead!

Mods Pissed ++ = 7

Evil Hobgoblin
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:18:10 PM
Chalk me up on that list...

:grumbles

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:24:22 PM
And so he proves to all he is an assclown

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:36:53 PM
I RPed with him once. ONCE. That kid needs to learn some social skills. Big time.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:21:04 PM
I feel left out...Jamel must not of thought I was important enough to bug by PM-bombing...

Well, either that or he can't figure out how to spell my name...:lol...

Zeke
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:44:59 PM
I didn't get to read to my PM spam until he was already banned. Well...so much for Shanaria's council thread...

Jedi Neo
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:55:11 PM
WTF???

Ok, he made the Mods and Admin mad. As much as I hate to ask this, but really was banning him from the GJO really needed here?

I'm sorry to ruffle some feathers, but your Mods and Admins and you should be used to that by now. :p

ANywho as to the Status of Jedi Neo, I suggust some of you contact me by either AIM, or buy me a beer of somekind, I know some of you are drinking age.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:59:56 PM
If both Figrin and I get harrassed over AIM after telling you to leave us alone, you're in the bad book.

But if you look at the amount of spam he posts coupled with several deletions of inappropriate content and you mix the above you get an express one way ticket to ban-land.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:00:09 PM
Ok, he made the Mods and Admin mad. As much as I hate to ask this, but really was banning him from the GJO really needed here?

I believe so. It's not just mods and admins he has been harrassing, nor has he been a model poster. I have deleted posts that were insults, he has insulted people like Nav for no reason. Harrassing mods was just the end line of quite a few offences he has been told to stop or to modify behavior.

People dont just get banned cause they piss mods off. They get banned for good solid reasons with evidence and history.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:51:17 PM
Neo, you don't even know all the shit that Jamel did. he was very disrespectful to many people, not just Mods. He got away with a lot before he got banned, and recieved several warnings as Marcus said. He got banned because he broke the rules. All of the people I know who have been banned from GJO have broken the rules repeatedly, had tons of warnings, and still continued to do the same things. :rolleyes no-one gets banned here unfairly.

Oriadin
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:52:11 PM
I really do think this whole thing is a shame but its been on the cards for some time now. I was one of the lucky ones who didnt get bombarded with PMs or messaged over MSN. I feel sorry for anyone who had to put up with the crap they have from him.

I really felt that if given the right guidence he could become a reasonable poster here but there has been constant complaints about him ever since he got here. Constant warnings and tips from other people here. I dont think the mods had any other option but to ban him and I think its sad that Jamel let it go that far.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:04:47 PM
yeah, first time he spoke to me, i said to him he should slow down a bit and learn the boards way of doing things, guess my advice went un-checked.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:09:48 PM
I really didn't see what was the big deal with Jamel. He might've been a bit of nuisance as he was new to the place but apart from that I didn't see all this other stuff. :\

Sanis Prent
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:20:09 PM
Because he has the "Stick my hand on a hot stove and do it again immediately" syndrome!

Morgan Evanar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:25:23 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
I really didn't see what was the big deal with Jamel. He might've been a bit of nuisance as he was new to the place but apart from that I didn't see all this other stuff. :\

Thats because a ton of it was deleted. Trust me, he's an asshat attention whore who earned his banning.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:54:06 PM
Yeah, I made sure not to imply that I thought the banning was uncalled for because I'm sure the banning is justified. Just feels a little wierd to see someone banned and having not seen any wrong done. Super-fast post-deleting I guess. :)

Morgan Evanar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:18:00 PM
We were in indo-china waiting to bust a cap in his ass.

Zeke
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:12:12 PM
Go find that thread about the "Lords of Idiocy" in the OOC. It has a random slam in it where Jamel was deleted before someone could be offended.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:19:02 PM
What he posted there was really gross :x Lucky Loki. People who didn't have to deal with it will be asking "why?", but the ones who had to deal with Jamel's antics KNOW why :\

Chaos Alexander
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:26:31 PM
I never knew him.........so i really don't care.

Figrin D'an
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:47:25 PM
To confirm what the other staff members have been saying, this wasn't a hasty decision, by any means. Jamel had been given multiple warnings for inappropriate behavior. The list of people he had harassed and insulted was growing by the day. He may have offered some poorly rendered apologies in a few cases, but he demonstrated a conscious ignorance of the rules and policies of the board by not changing his ways. The recent series of events that lead to his banning from GJO, and successive banning from SWFans in general, was the final strike against him, not the first.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:09:45 AM
I'm 100% on the admin's side on this. I don't question the ban at all. The fast post deletion was also complimetary on their part.

He was just a spaz. Disrespectful, rude, abbrasive, indignant, pompous, irrogant, and just a total jackass. He pissed lots of people off. Most people are nice and keep things to themselves. So unless you read all his posts (which I mostly did, because I had my suspictions about his actions) and see that he harasses people and then they just brush it off, as not to push the problem along, you get that he was a punk. Really. People were a little to nice to him around here. I even tried to make friends with him. I even asked him if he wanted me as his master. I figured I could talk some sense into him OOC and IC. He had lots of potential. He just blew it.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:12:06 AM
Originally posted by Sage Hazzard
... He just blew it. That sums it all up right there, quite accurately.

Sejah Haversh
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:20:51 AM
I still have to wash my butt three times a day frm when he tried to kiss it in his "Who's Your Favorite Character" thread. Man, he gave me a really backhanded compliment in that one.

I tried, I really tried to help him, but he didn't listen to a word I said.

Wait, no, he did eventually understand that pleasurement and displeasurement are not words. So, I made a difference, and that's good, I think.

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:14:54 AM
From the sound of it the guy deserved his banning, but I don't think it's necessary to insult him. He's been banned, 'nuff said.

Good Call admins, mods and general GJO staff.

P.S. I'll be sure to check for pollups while I'm kissing your ass. LOL

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:49:23 AM
Attempted Ass kissing around here tends to lead to a kick in the head. Or a panning. If I want an ass kissing, I'll bring my donkey in.

:D

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:51:17 AM
Did anyone remember how hard it was to read that bastard's threads? It sounded like he was a 1st grader picking words out of an english dictionary and stringing them together.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:08:50 AM
We're insulting him because we've been holding it back. Venting, you might say. We didn't want to offend the guy as he'd just be more of an ass. So we held our tongue. Now we can express ourselves.

Though I do agree the brat's getting more attention than he desearves. Heck, he'd probably be elated that we're all talking about him. :lol

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:24:28 AM
LOL, well Pop always told me when criticizing someone, make sure to sugar coat it with some good bull shit. LOL

I guess I can understand the whole venting thing, but come now we are civilized people and creative rpers, all of us except that dick Hadrian Invicta, I hate him [/Homer Simpson]

Use that pent up anger and rage creatively :D

BTW, a Force Frying pan would lead to a groggy Force Crotch Shot, lol [Doc Holiday]...There might be two of y'all, but I got a fist fer both ya...[/Doc Holiday]

Sene Unty
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:51:50 AM
Yeah that Hadrian guy is a bastard.. :D

All I have to say is...I agree with the decision (as if my opinion mattered) and Jamel's posts always made me laugh....it was like a pre-schooler trying to write.

Zeke
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:28:00 AM
I eventually learned to understand the English cuneiform that was Jamel's writing. One mistake stands out in my mind...

Martial artist fisting

The jokes went on for DAYS...

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 24th, 2003, 10:14:57 AM
Siiiiiick

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:48:12 AM
OMG BAD BAD ZEKE!!!

He corked his eyes in pleasurement while he performed martial arts fisting :lol

I disliked him mostly because he hated women. :x He was psycho in the one thread with me, and weird on IM as well. At least Sejah was around to translate his nonsense on occassion :lol

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 24th, 2003, 12:30:23 PM
This is the first I've seen of this thread and I have a few things to say about Jamel.

First of all I agree...He Blew it! When I came to RPing he was an Idiot...Though OOC I didn't have any trouble with him in PMs, He must have been an Idiot to do all that he did. I tryed to become his friend IC even to the point that I agreed to go with him as his date to the Big dinner that is being planed. I really tryed to be his friend, but he made it SOOO Hard to like him!!

On another note with Jamel gone, I'll nead another date to the big dinner, so If anybody at yog's table would like me as there date please PM me. ;)

imported_Jackson Mcgraves
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:14:09 PM
Hmm...
You, a member of the GJO should hold an apology from I for my actions. Though not as harsh as expressed by the moderators, I still believe they were unfit, and should have never been done. I would like to hope one day I will return to GJO, but that would be far after I gain a much more tranquil mood, and perspective on the GJO staff, and become more civilized and level headed.

If you will excuse me, I will leave now.

I got this PM from Jamel Yesterday 1:46 PM. I mean I don't mind that he sent such a thing to me its for the fact that he sent it to my Gerbo Lang account that has absulutly nothing to do with the GJO other then a bar trash insedent that happened a year ago or so.

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:19:40 PM
Hey Shanaria and whomever else it may concern, I'd be willing to be your date, but I wasn't granted access to the Temple until after all the sign ups and what not and I wasn't able to sign up for it. So I can replace Jamel as your date if no one objects.

Figrin D'an
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:35:43 PM
Originally posted by Jackson Mcgraves
I got this PM from Jamel Yesterday 1:46 PM. I mean I don't mind that he sent such a thing to me its for the fact that he sent it to my Gerbo Lang account that has absulutly nothing to do with the GJO other then a bar trash insedent that happened a year ago or so.

He sent that message, and/or two other ones to almost all of the mods/admins and GJO members. It amounted to spamming through the PM system. So, those of you that haven't checked your private messages may find one or more from him of similar content.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:55:09 PM
Yeah I got it. Tried to respond to it too. Couldn't though, as he's banned.

The guy is pretty young isn't he? I think he's like 14 in RL. Maybe this can shock him into being a better person. Like a wake-up call.

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:11:52 PM
We can hope.

Now I will be mean and nasty (since, well, I'm a nasty person). Some people are just idiots, they will never change, and we all have to deal with them in our lives. Jamel crossed the line between being your average annoying moron into some freaky weirdness. I doubt he'll change, he'll just find more excuses for his foolishness.

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:19:54 PM
+4 cone of annoyance for that one.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :D

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:47:14 AM
If you've ever played warhammer, Jamel's rules would be:

WS: 2 /BS: 2 /S: 2 /T: 2 /W: 1 /I: 2/ A: 1 Ld: 5 /Sv: 6+

Weapons: Annoying Thread maker, PM Bomber

Special Abilities:

Incur the wrath of the mods: Occasionally, Jamel pisses off the mods so much that they get angry..very angry...in their rush to ban Jamel, they accidentally select someone else to ban instead. When using the attack PM Bomber, roll a D6. On a 4+ Jamel is removed from play, as it is assumed he was banned. His removal counts as a death for all victory point purposes. However, on a roll of 1-3, nominate a signle character on the opposing team and remove it from play, asit is assumed that the mods hit the wrong button (silly Morgan!)

Constant Annoyance: When in close combat, Jamel is most likely to die or soil himself and run away like a scared pig...However, if he passes his leadership test, all enemy models have their initiative reduced to one, asit is sassumed all of the fury of their charge was lost trying to deal with Jamel's god damn questions.

"Is it a he or a she?": In close combat, Jamel's someone odd appearance will confuse the enemy. His hair and eyes give him the general look of a female, so you may disregard half of the wounds scored on the unit that Jamel is with as it is assumed that the enemies' warriors were too busy hitting on him to fight very ferociously.

Death to the False...Erm...Jamel: If Jamel is killed, all of your units on the table take an immediate leadership test. If this test is passed by every unit, your squad will immediately win any combats they're in, as it is assumed that Jamel's death/banning would inspire great joy in the troops that fought alongside him. Additionally, for the rest of your game, all shooting attacks hit and wound on a 2+, and all saves, including invulnerable saves, are ignored.

...If you don't play any warhammer, disregard this...if you do, then you'll understand what I'm going on about...:lol...

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:26:42 AM
My brother plays Warhammer. But still, I have no idea what you said.

Add myself to the list of people who got the PM. It is good you banned him, else I would have sought him out and ripped his limbs off, fed them to a pig and then hit him with the pig.

Laila Annex
Feb 25th, 2003, 01:20:28 PM
Poor piggy :(

Lilya Goldberry
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:23:14 PM
:lol

Considering he broke down crying in your one thread with him, Helen, and then yelled and got mad...:rolleyes