PDA

View Full Version : Friends are like mirrors...(Lime, open)

Zeke
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:05:02 PM
"You can see yourself in them. To learn more about yourself, you must go and meet some people, and make some friends. Go on, Zeke, try to get along with these passengers' children."

That was over seven years ago, as his father lectured Zeke on his stubbornness in making friends. Now, Zeke uses the same speech to try and help Lime overcome her shyness.

"Go on," he says encouragingly, ushering her through the doors. "Go and make some friends. I'll be sitting at the bar if you need me."

Lime
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:19:12 PM
"But.. but..." Lime complained, tugging at the large sleeve of her new clothing; a dark blue shirt with pairs of lighter blue stripes followed by a pair of slacks in the same dark blue color and fabric texture.

She hung back slightly, the smell of cigar and alcohol assaulting her sences heavily. Once Zeke had reached the bar, Lime jumped into motion and zig-zagged next to him.

"Zeke... Um.." Lime faultered, scanning around, "I can sit here too.. right?"

Zeke
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:12:39 PM
Zeke blinks at her.

"Sure."

He reaches down and plops her onto the stool next to him, catching the bartender's attention. He's a burly man, with a mechanical arm and stomach as big as small planet. He grins at Lime and puts down the glass he's been polishing. The bartender at Yog's has always loved children, and loves nothing more than to see them at the bar, where he can talk with them.

"Well, 'ello there," he says. "An' who moight you be, lass?"

Lime
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:28:36 PM
It's okay, Zekes here..
"Lo, I'm Lime!" She chirpped in response. Letting a timid smile slide onto her face, she traced little circles on the bar while watching the 'Tender with glimmering eyes.

"What's your name?"

Zeke
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:33:56 PM
The bartender is about to reply, when a customer comes up. He pats Lime's head and gives her a glass of juice. For kids, it's free. Zeke answers for him as he walks down the bar to mix some more drinks.

"He doesn't use his name. We just call him Bartender."

What is with Yog's today? Usually SOMEONE'S here...Zeke casts his glance about for someone to introduce her to...

Santhia
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:07:27 AM
Santhia brushed a stray braid back behind her shoulder, as she walked into the Jedi bar. A bright smile as she saw someone she recognized at the bar. She made her way towards Zeke, taking a seat on the stool next to him,

"Howdy Stranger, long time no see."

Zeke
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:13:45 AM
There she is.

"Hey there, beautiful."

He leans over to give her a kiss then sits back on the stool. Looking past him, Santhia can see the litte girl on his opposite side.

"Santhia, this is my Padawan, Lime. Lime, this is Santhia. She's...a special friend of mine."

Zeke hopes Santhia won't take offense. Being only seven, Lime has yet to learn of the relationships between men and women.

Lime
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:21:06 AM
Lime let a cheezy grin slide on her face, waving slightly with the hand not clasped around the glass which held her juice.

"Hiya!"

Santhia
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:42:48 AM
Santhia returned the kiss, and grinned back at the little girl.

"Hello little one. How are you?" She turned to face the child, resting her arm on the countertop, and her head on her hand.

Char
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:49:01 AM
"I'm doing very well, and you?" Lime cited in response, hearing the quote from bystanderes who where asked the same question as she was just.

Oc: This is Lime, accidentally posted with the wrong accnt.

Santhia
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:08:05 PM
"I'm fine, are you and Zeke having fun? A bar doesn't seem like the best place for a little one." She gave Zeke a look. "Maybe we can go some place fun. Right Zeke?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:11:37 PM
"Would you like to come to my park?"

Soen can't help but overhear; he's on his way out.

"There's all kinds of places and things for a child to play with..."

Lime
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:19:22 PM
"We're having lotsa fun," Lime grinned broadly, "But I don't know of any other places to go.."

She sunk, until Soen spoke up from behind her, "You have a park?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:35:21 PM
Soen smiles warmly.

"I do. I sit on the bench and do magic tricks. Come, it's not far."

He turns to acknowledge Santhia and Zeke.

"My name is Soen. You must be this girl's parents."

They certainly look like a couple, and with Lime's prescence, he can only assume they are a family.

Zeke
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:29:05 PM
"Parents?"

Zeke looks to Santhia, then to Lime.

"Um...I'm Lime's mentor, but not her parent by any means."

However, Soen's false assumption brings an idea to the Knight's mind. He'll talk with Santhia about it later.

"Lead on. Let's hit the park."

Lime
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:57:14 PM
"Yay! We're going to a paark!" Lime cheers in a sing-song voice, leaping from the stool and waiting for Zeke and Santhia to move, hopefully before Soen lead off.

Santhia
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:06:41 PM
Santhia smiled, and rose from her seat, taking Zekes' hand as they followed Lime and the strange man out of the bar.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:15:41 PM
Soen takes his staff from the guard and holds the door open for Lime, Santhia, and Zeke, then walks ahead with the little girl, leaving the couple to follow at their own pace.

"What's your name, little one?"

Lime
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:43:25 PM
Lime glanced over to Soen as she walked along, "M'name is Lime, Cause I got lime hair." She pointed to the mop casually, "What's at this parkie you have?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:56:05 PM
"Oh...I think we have all the usual equipment."

Soen puts the staff over his shoulders, hanging his arms over the staff with a thoughtful look.

"A slide, some monkey bars, swings..."

Soen shrugs.

"Lots of sand to dig in. My bench is at the foot of the sand pit, actually. Kids sit on the edge of it or in it to watch me do magic."

Lime
Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:33:11 PM
"You can do magic? Like what kind of magic?" Lime chirps, curious of the subject.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:46:15 PM
"I can make objects appear and disappear into thin air. I can do some card tricks as well."

Lime
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:01:50 PM
"Wow! Neat!"

She turned back to look at Zeke, "Did'ja hear that? He can make stuff dissapear!"

Zeke
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:24:26 PM
"Hey that's cooool," Zeke says with a grin. "Why not ask him to show you?"

Zeke squeezes Santhia's hand lightly to get her attention.

"Hang back a bit. I want to talk to you."

Lime
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:24:32 PM
Lime beams, turning back to Soen. "Can you? Like.. do a magic trick.. please?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:43:19 PM
Soen rolls his baggy cuffs back and holds his hands up.

"Nothing up my sleeve."

He snaps his fingers and rolls his wrists, coming up with a lollipop in one hand and a flower in the other.

"For you, m'lady," he says with a bow, holding the items out to the child.

Lime
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:42:28 PM
Lime clapped at the trick, laughing happily. Doing a small curtse, one she seen in a movie about medeval knights and queens, Lime accepted the gifts.

"Thank you very much, Sir Magician!"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:12:32 PM
"You're very welcome."

Carefully they cross the street to a large artificial park. It's enclosed, to prevent the sounds of the city from distubing the park's visitors. Soen steps inside and leads Lime to his bench.

"Go play," he says, gesturing at the sandpit and play equipment.

Lime
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:15:39 PM
She complied with alot of vigor, running from the entrance to the swing set and sitting down. The momentum sent the swing moving up slighly, until Lime pushed off and sent it swinging well.

Childish laughter echoed out, combining with the other children's voices as well. She stuck the flower behind her ear as she swung, placing the lollipop into her pants pocket so she didn't lose it.

Santhia
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:52:49 PM
"Hmmm?" Santhia raised a brow at Zeke,"What is it?"

Zeke
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:55:40 PM
"Lime...before she came to the Jedi Order, she was an orphan, shunned for being different. Other people insulted her and beat her for being different. She has no parents..."

Santhia
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:19:04 PM
"Uh, alright." she gave Zeke a funny look, one that said "What are you planning???".

She half smiled at him. "Well, it's a good thing she has such a wonderful mentor to look after her."

Zeke
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:23:04 PM
"Yeah, but she needs a family though. Like a mom and a dad...someone to put her through school, see that she's fed, with clothes to wear and a place to sleep an' all..."

Zeke shuffles his feet, stopping a short distance from the magician and the girl.

"Just...yeah..."

Santhia
Feb 25th, 2003, 06:48:47 PM
"Well, um," she stopped a foot or so in front of him, her back to him. "Well, what did you have in mind, Zeke?"

Zeke
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:23:40 PM
"I was thinking maybe me...or you...or...us...we could do it."

He steps forward, draping his arms over her shoulders.

"Do you think it'd work?"

Santhia
Feb 27th, 2003, 11:08:12 AM
Santhia's eyes widened. "Wha? Uh, umm, I...don't know?"

Zeke
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:26:22 PM
Yeah really.

"I guess I'll just watch her for now...it's the best I can do."

He steps forward toward the swings.

"Havin fun, Lime?"

Santhia
Feb 27th, 2003, 10:43:32 PM
She frowned a little and sighed. "Alright..."

Lime
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:41:50 PM
"Yes'sir Mr. Zeeeke!" Lime said, laughing cheerfully as she swung back and forth.

Zeke
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:43:00 PM
"Good to know. I'll bet you could go even higher...how do you think you could manage that?"

Zeke leans on the frame of the swingset, shaking his head slightly at himself. He's becoming too much of a teacher; he's about to make a learning experience of this.

Santhia
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:12:25 PM
Santhia smiles, stepping up beside Zeke and slipping her hand into his. She looked him over, then laughed as Lime tried to swing higher and higher.

Char
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:45:19 PM
Lime nodded with vigor, pushing herself with the Force just as Zeke had taught her before. She sailed through the air before being pulled back down by gravity before repeating the move. She was swinging high enough, and laughing enough, to fly with the birds if she had wings..

Zeke
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:09:22 PM
Zeke smiles.

"Jump out of the swing."

Lime
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:17:12 PM
Lime was one step ahead of Zeke's thought, by the time he had told her to jump, she was airborne. Nearly ten feet into the air, she cut an involuntary front flip and landed in the artificial grass in a crouch.

"Wow! Didja see that! Itwassocool!"

Soen Spellflinger
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:37:30 PM
"That's much better than I could do as a child. You're an impressive young lady, Lime. Are you learning to be a Jedi?"

Lime
Mar 20th, 2003, 01:02:59 PM
"Oh yeah, I'm trying to be a Jedi, a real good one!" Lime chirpped, smoothing out her shirt casually..

Soen Spellflinger
Mar 20th, 2003, 05:05:15 PM
"Oh? I would like to be a Jedi, but I'm afraid I can't sense the Force. What can you do with the Force? Can you show me?"