PDA

View Full Version : Problem - advice required.

Azhure Darkstone
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:17:58 PM
OK heres the problem - it may sound small but I don't know what to do...

Theres the school play (and this is my last year) so Im swamped with homework and this year MATTERS. The problem is Drama matters as well and this year we are doing grease. Come on! ON my last year.

I've weighed up the pro's and cons but still cant decide.

PRO

If I don't do this I may regret this decision very very much.
This is the last year and it would be a real shame.
Its fun to do and I have a real passion for it.
This is a challenge and could test how well I can do this with the workload - which could be useful to know.
I want to do it.

CON

I could get stressed and when I get stressed I go all over the place and might dissapoint the play (with lines etc.) or subject teachers and I have a real problem with dissapointing someone or something I have made a promise or commitment to.
I might let someone down.
I might not achieve the best study score possible.

First off I'm not trying to be a doctor or lawyer so the study score isnt too important but important enough but the main issue is feeling dissapointed in myself for dissapointing others (and the time for study).

Even if you have no ideas it still feels better ranting it off here, so if this is spam in your eyes it's not in mine and I really would like some advice is you could offer any...............

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:26:47 PM
Go for the play.

In all honesty, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't.

If the work load for school builds up (which it probably will) then prioritize your time, and if you have to, cut something out (RPing for a time, Friday night dates, reading for fun sessions... whatever you do for fun :p) The play should be a lot of fun to work with and should fullfill the need of fun. That, and you'll get your work load done as well.

Still though, don't pass this up. I'm kicking myself for not trying out for the plays/musicals at my highschool in my first 3 1/2 years. I finally tried out for the spring musical in my senior year, and loved it. But it made me realize all the stuff I missed years before.

Don't pass this chance up, take it and enjoy it. :)

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:36:26 PM
Enjoy high school to its fullest. Worry about your profession in college, later on.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:20:01 PM
Do the play.. I would. If I could.

:cry

Santhia
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:22:22 PM
We could do one at Fears Womb LD...Fett can be in it! :lol

Honestly, if you think you can get your work done, and have time for the play, do it. It's all about time management :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:28:54 PM
That's not the same. I was intended for an AUDIENCE!

;)

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:32:30 PM
Yes, yes you were LD. :)

Dae Jinn
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:54:08 PM
But, can't you picture Fett as Danny and you as...the girl from Grease ^_^;

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:26:53 PM
Tell me more, tell me more...Did you get very far?

I have a love/hate relationship with Grease. It does have its moments though :)

Santhia
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:31:30 PM
yeah, i haven't seen the whole thing, but parts are good. Songs are catchy. Maybe we should do Chicago? LD can be Velma Kelly :lol

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:35:40 PM
Pssst...not everyone's gotten to see Chicago :p

Santhia
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:50:06 PM
Is that my fault? :p :lol

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:57:38 PM
I'd rather do Oklahoma :)

Santhia
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:05:22 PM
We could do a musical revue, with songs from several different musicals all in one! The Ciz can do a song from Cats >_< lol.

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:30:19 PM
It's been done. It's called 42nd Street, which, I must say, is by far the best musical I've seen on broadway. The sets they used were fudging amazing!

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:35:31 PM
>_<

I've not seen Grease either. I think I'm making it my goal to reach my thirties without seeing it. :D

Figrin D'an
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:43:22 PM
I'm not a fan of Grease...

But, definately do the play. It's worth it.

I was involved in three play productions in high school... I enjoyed every one of them. Don't pass up the opportunity. :)

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:17:50 AM
Go for the play... I didn't when I had the chance and well....I'm still overloaded with work, and I don't have the memories of being on the stage... I wish I had of done the play but I didn't

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:58:29 AM
Although I just got back from doing my tech work for our current show, I'd still say go for it. It's always tons of fun and you meet new people and make great friendships.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:19:56 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
That's not the same. I was intended for an AUDIENCE!

;)

You already have an audience...

There are plenty of Matrix fans out there.

:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:32:36 AM
-_- Oh shush you.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:38:53 AM
But we love you, Trinity! :D

Dae Jinn
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:40:25 AM
Smite him LD!!! You can do it! :D

I think Holly is much prettier than that chick in the Matrix, Trinity has scarey eyes :x

Johnny Carbonite
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:42:06 AM
"Ah'v 'lways w'nted t'do...Jesus Christ, Supastah! But...w'th pyrotechn'ks...'n Ah'd swing down on wires. But no f'n las'r beams dam'gin m' ret'nas! Ah f'n hate 'at!!"

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:45:00 AM
*blinks*