PDA

View Full Version : If you could add one thing...

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:53:24 PM
If you could add one thing to the place, not implying that the Order has really any troubles, what would you add?

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:32:01 PM
What is really the point of this thread, and how come you are always making threads that really have no point aside from making a list of point less info?

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:44:04 PM
A weekly cap amount of poll threads allotted to each poster. That's what I'd add. >D

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:44:43 PM
:D

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:50:36 PM
Its a little pretentious to demand that someone else's post be deleted, especially since they've broken no rules. You asked a question, and got an answer. We can't be held responsible if you dislike the answer you get.

Ask the chinaman for a new fortune cookie....or something.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:14:48 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru

Ask the chinaman for a new fortune cookie....or something.

:D

That's my sentiments exactly.

Jamel, you asked a question and you got an answer. It's taken me a while to figure this out here, but not everyone you encounter is going to like you and praise your thoughts/ideas.

If someone says something you don't like, deal with it because it'll happen more than once. Really, if you want to get along with everyone, the best way to do so is respect them -- even if they don't deserve it. Maybe they see something that you don't -- maybe you're like me and you don't take criticism well.

All in time, though. Just put a smile on and ignore what you don't like. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:34:05 AM
Originally posted by Jamel Croko'yn
If you could add one thing to the place, not implying that the Order has really any troubles, what would you add?

Listen. Wanna change something? Suggest it to an admin staff member.

I wont add anything more, cause I'm tired and highly pissed off.

Aejin Rahn
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:42:36 AM
People who are extremely annoying put to death..

That's what I want...

:)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:57:28 AM
Ask and you shall recieve.

Jamel, ever thought of going into marketing? With all these polls you put out every day, sounds like you'd be just the kind of guy to go out into the world and figure out what people are looking for when they want to buy a certain product. That'd be a useful way to put your questioning nature to good use. And you'd be making money! Money......woo-hoo!

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:01:51 AM
Having gone through marketing myself, I will say it is a vague, dubious profession...but thats just my experience in it.

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:10:03 AM
Ahh but without marketing and advertising then you silly economists would have nothing to worry about.

----------

And I would add a Spelling Monkey, but not a grammar monkey, I hate grammar...

Kelt Simoson
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:32:01 AM
Tell you what i would add, stricter rules to allowing new Jedi into the GJO...

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:33:37 AM
Standards?!?! BAH! You Jest! :p

We let you in ;)...

Kelt Simoson
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:35:14 AM
Ah but im not new am i?...2 years at these boards is hardly fresh...:p

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:26:13 AM
What kind of standards would you put?

Hadrian Invicta
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:30:56 AM
I'd say we not let anyone in who had the potential to be a pretentious jackass, but that's just me :D

That and annoying lol

Oriadin
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:35:28 AM
Ah, but some of the younger, less experienced writters may SEEM anoying to some people. We all have people here we like and dislike. I think its pretty good that we accept everyone. We should help people become better RPers if we can.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:20:01 AM
I agree with Oriadin, We should be helping people RP rather than Avoid RPing with them just because they are bad at it.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:21:08 AM
Look at me, a good many of you here found me annoying when I came in -- but ya'll love me now! :lol ;) :mneh

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:20:43 PM
I don't really know you Xazor...But I love ya anyway! Of course I love everybody intill they give me a reason not to.

Figrin D'an
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:21:44 PM
Originally posted by Xazor Elessar
Look at me, a good many of you here found me annoying when I came in -- but ya'll love me now! :lol ;) :mneh

* COUGHHACKCOUGHRIGHTCOUGHHACKCOUGH *

Oh, sorry... had something in my throat there... you know, damn cold/flu stuff.

j/k
:p
;)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:35:40 PM
LMAO

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:43:50 PM
:lol @ Figrin D'an

Anbira Hicchoru
Feb 20th, 2003, 03:10:35 PM
Whatever it was....it was contagious as well ;)

Xazor Elessar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:16:47 PM
Uh! And to think I respect you guys!

COUGHHACKCOUGHHACKRIGHTCOUGHHACKCOUGHHACK

Whoa, guess it is contagious! ;)

Jk... :D :angel

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:17:09 PM
:lol

Morgan Evanar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:40:42 PM
Newbies would earn their keep first and then and come up with specific greivences, present them in a thread, and the whole Order decides what to do with it.

Like we have for the past 3+ years.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:50:25 PM
-_-

I have yet to post anything in this thread about how I want to change something around, I asked others.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:52:57 PM
Then why are you posting the thread? If someone else has a suggestion/change that they think is a good idea, by gosh, they can make their own post or thread.

Why, its what we've always done, and it turned out ok.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:06:06 PM
Martian Luther King J.R brought up a question, and you saw many people present statements afterwards. It is in that exact situation with this thread, I'm bringing up a question for those who haven't spoken out, as I know some OOC that do have problems and just haven't said anything.

This is encouraging them too.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:15:06 PM
Originally posted by Jamel Croko'yn
Martian Luther King J.R brought up a question, and you saw many people present statements afterwards. It is in that exact situation with this thread, I'm bringing up a question for those who haven't spoken out, as I know some OOC that do have problems and just haven't said anything.

This is encouraging them too.

This isnt civil rights or somethign like that. This is a Roleplay group with established way to do things, worked out over nearly 4 years, by a load of people with intelligence and wit, to be as open as possible and as accepting as possible.

This is not the Jamel Jedi Order. You do things the GJO way or not at all. UNderstand? If someone has a problem, having a word with an admin is the way it works. Changes are not made from the floor, they are made top down. They are made by the people whom have spent in some cases up to four years building and workign with the Jedi Order. They are made by the people who have earned respect, not the loudest voices.

The clue here is respect.You get nowhere here if you dont earn respect and I will be blunt - respect here you earn. It is not given. You can not crawl, you can not be a hanger-on. You earn your stripes here, which is why being a Jedi Master here says one hell of a lot of those whom earn it.

Respect I will add is resonably easy to garner here. Once respect you have, I woul say an admin would give someone wanting somethign a favorable ear.

Sene Unty
Feb 21st, 2003, 01:47:28 PM
The Jamel Jedi Order......hmmmmm....has a ring to it.......

Sage Hazzard
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:32:45 AM
The admins do know best. When I was still in noob statis, I had lots of little problems with ways things were done. But now that I see why things are the way they are, I know they're the best way to do things. You come in and think you can make things better. You don't relise that this place existed long before you joined. We've gone over probably everything that could be gone over. The rules and ways we do things are set that way because of trial and error, long discussions, and what experience has taught us.

Seriously, one of the biggest humbling experiences you can have is when you make a thread suggesting something, it's shot down by the admins and you're angry because you think you're right and those admins are just some grumpy old men that don't want change.... then you wait 6 months and relize why the heck they shot you down and you see the folley of your ways. Trust me on that one. Has happened lots of times with me. I've learned to just nod and smile whenever I disagree with the admins or rule makers around here. Crow takes like poo. :)

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:52:58 AM
Look at Terran! I thought he was the most annoying damn dude in history, but he turned out to be one helluva kool dude and probably one of the best writers on these boards...

However, my "jackass" sense is usually right on target...I took one look at Judas' post and I knew he would continue to piss someone off before he got banned...even his "I'm pissed, I'm leaving" post was one line long...:lol