PDA

View Full Version : D23 set me to Firebrand DEFCON 1

Sanis Prent
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:18:29 PM
Just a heads-up to Box Office mods. I replied in a very scathing, condemning fashion, but tried to keep it clean and in accordance with a reasonable post. If you still feel it necessary to close the thread or do something with my post, please do so. I'd like to be as confrontational as I can be on this subject, but within the rules. Thanks :)

CMJ
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:37:31 PM
Wow, Charley...no kidding. That was one helluva rant. I'm gonna hold off on closing it for now. Hopefully it just slips off the the top unnoticed. :p

Sanis Prent
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:43:22 PM
I couldn't decide whether calling D23 an accessory to murder was a flame, or a burden of my concience. I honestly do believe it, even removed from the heat of the moment, and in objective thought.

So...I'm at a bit of an impasse. I'm so absolutely morally opposed to the hypocrisy I see in such protestors that I don't know what to do about it :\

CMJ
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:46:45 PM
Well, I think you have every right to call him out on it. Just try to do it in a PM or an email. ;)

Sanis Prent
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:10:06 PM
Perhaps. Thats a good suggestion. However, I'm worried about more than just D23's alignment on this devisive issue. I'm worried about how his camp's stance affects the views of others. The only reason I considered keeping it public was to expose this. Again, I do realize that this is a HIGHLY confrontational angle, and can incite trouble...I'm just rather confused in the implications here.

So, if it is best for the forum to can it, please do so. I really had a hard time deciding about it.

ReaperFett
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:23:24 PM
I think you're biggest problem is using the rolleyes smiley. Because with that, you didnt attack the Green party or whatever, you attacked HIM.

Sanis Prent
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:25:40 PM
I can see your point there. Though technically, since he's a member of the Green Party, a political attack on the party or on him would be somewhat indistinguishable.

CMJ
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:26:09 PM
That has been duly noted. If Darth23 doesn't say anything TOO divisive in his response I won't close the thread. If he does it'll be locked as soon as I can get to it.

You threw a spear onto the field. If he takes up the challenge in the forum that thread is toast. If and when that happens debate on more private terms. ;)

(BTW I'm with you on the Iraq situation but that's neither here nor there)

ReaperFett
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:28:23 PM
I disagree Sanis, there's a difference due to vagueness.

Was someone to say "Americans are fat loud rude people", they're using an old sterotype. If they were to call a person that, they're picking on the person :)

Sanis Prent
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:35:05 PM
Well...its not quite like that. Political parties have set paradigms, that you voluntarily take up in order to become a part of them. It isn't like America, where you're either a citizen by birth or by some degree of choice, but no paradigm is set upon you. Americans, British, French, Germans, etc etc...People in democracies resist a tight-binding paradigm. However, political parties aren't nearly as open.

You see where I'm going with that?

ReaperFett
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:38:17 PM
No, but I wouldnt bother trying again, it's 1.30