PDA

View Full Version : Valina or Enjoy yourself. (open)

Enelya Maril
Feb 19th, 2003, 12:30:46 PM
Long brown hair swung back and forth across her back as she bounced in her seat, she had earned some money from her foster mother and was allowed to what she pleased with it, so she had came here to try the 'famous' root stew. She licked her lips as the serving droid came with her order, and she thanked it then placed the payment on the tray before she started to eat.

"Maien quel." She said to herself picking up the spoon and sampling a taste of the stew, as she chewed on the chunks of roots and other vegetables she looked around at the other people who are enjoying a good meal and chatting with friends.

Shrin Safserim
Feb 19th, 2003, 12:36:50 PM
Shrin frowns at the meal before him, a bowl of Yoghurt's famed root stew. He has been sitting here for hours now, staring down the now cold soup, battling his stomach's cries for food. This is all he can afford today. To Shrin, it is tasteless and unpalatable. He's only had one spoonful so far, and doesn't intend to have another. But to leave the bowl there, basically untouched, would be rude. He takes another spoonful, his face forming an expression of utter disgust.

"How do people eat this?" he sighs to himself. Looking up, he sees Enelya. "At lease that girl is enjoying her meal..."

Enelya Maril
Feb 19th, 2003, 12:58:33 PM
Her eyes fell on the one person who was frowning, Shrin, as she swallowed her first spoonful and stared at him. She ate another spoonful of stew and still watched the frowing man, thinking why the hell was he so angry? He had no reason that she could tell of right away, so why was he so grumpy looking? She grabbed her bowl and stood up and walked over to Shrin's table, she then spoke in accented basic.

"Why are you frowning Sir?"

Shrin Safserim
Feb 19th, 2003, 01:09:17 PM
"This stew is disgusting. I can hardly bring myself to eat it."

He forces another spoonful, resting his chin is his hand with an expression that says he'd rather go hungry than eating any more.

Enelya Maril
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:47:13 AM
"Nadorhuan...."

She then placed her bowl on the table and grabbed a chair and sat.

"If you hate it so much, why'd you'd order it?"

Shrin Safserim
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:45:23 AM
Shrin doesn't recognize the first word, and so dismisses it. With a heavy sigh, he begins to answer the question.

"I cannot afford anything other than this stew. Money is tight, and I have yet to find a suitable job or bounty."

He hates hunting bounties, but it does the trick. He takes another reluctant spoonful of stew. Cold, putrid stew.

Enelya Maril
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:59:28 AM
"Hrm."

She then reached into her pocket and pulled out the remain of her money and held it out to Shrin.

"Get something better with this then."

She was smiling as she held out the credits for Shrin to take.

Shrin Safserim
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:24:57 PM
Shrin refuses her politely as he can.

"I cannot. I will not owe any being a debt. If I am to reach my goal, I cannot have any ties to the people I meet on my way."