PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Jackson?

J'hrea Alsac'lynol
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:18:14 PM
How do you feel about this fool?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:23:26 PM
I don't think he's a fool at all.

I think the world today has become so corrupt that we can't even accept the fact that one guy just genuinely wants to be kind and loving towards other people. There was a time when it was alright to love people, but now it seems like just the mention of it sparks off shouts of sexual abuse or whatever it may be.

I feel very sorry for Michael, because he obviously has the mentality of a child, and an idealic one at that, and no one in the rest of the world seems to understand him.

ReaperFett
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:23:38 PM
I feel he is mischaracterised, and that documentary with the two faced word twister showed he is just a person with a problem growing up.

Jedieb
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:24:47 PM
We've had MJ discussions before. He use to be a great musician. Now he's a sad, delusional, white woman who owes millions of dollars to former business partners and his record company. He can't sell records anymore. He's basically just a sad freak show. Hee-hee, jam on it!

Figrin D'an
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:44:24 PM
I think I'm more curious to know why he's had around 50 plastic surgery operations than anything else. It has to be some sort of psychological disorder... I have trouble believing that any stable person would subject themselves to that kind of thing... is there even any actual living tissue left on his face?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:52:35 PM
That's the only thing that makes me doubt his honesty: that he won't admit that he's had more than two plastic surgery operators. Probably the pressure of a stars life, and everyone around him being unable to say "No", pushed him to that.

Sanis Prent
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:58:20 PM
I still love his work, up to the point of his album, "Bad". After that album, it seems that he lost something. Maybe credibility, maybe talent, I don't know. He's delved deeper and deeper into some kind of self-destructive weirdness, which isn't to be confused with the likes of Marilyn Manson, who can counter his ridiculous appearance with excellent music.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:01:47 PM
he is incredibly talented for singing and dancing. he is also apparently a very, very canny businessman.

so, that really makes me doubt his "innocence" act. he's obviously got a problem with all the surgery he's gone through and you just do not behave with children has he has, not these days.

btw, this is the latest surgery he's done....

Jedieb
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:05:39 PM
That's a disturbing image that will haunt me for the rest of my days. CURSE YOU MARCUS! FOR THE LOVE OF YODA..... PEOPLE..... STAY AWAY FROM THAT JPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

CMJ
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:33:20 PM
That was scary...I should've stayed away.

JMK
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:50:07 PM
I think I'm more curious to know why he's had around 50 plastic surgery operations than anything else
What are you talking about? He hasn't had any plastic surgery! Except the couple he mentioned. But that's IT. He even said so. Therefore it must be true.

Jacko is a sick person. He has an alarm that goes off when someone approaches his bedroom. Geez, could that be so that he has ample time to cover up what's really going on in there?

Dirjj Mordrai
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:11:40 PM
That was very disturbing Marcus!!! :lol

Jedieb
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:47:34 PM
Hey, my wife has the same kind of alarm on our bedroom.... WTF????o_O

Darth Viscera
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:02:49 PM
I think that Jacko needs to start seeing a psychiatrist before his actions end up hurting (or traumatizing) someone. I mean, he spirited his own child away during the birth process while it was still covered in placenta. You don't mess with births.

And I don't mean that in a mean way when I say he should see a pshrink, I mean that in a serious, sad kinda way. The poor guy is obviously still haunted by his childhood and needs to get it out of his system. He needs some Methalyn ER.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:15:30 PM
Round Two. Ding! Ding!

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:31:05 PM
That was nasty...that was just straight nasty...

Jinn Fizz
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:41:30 PM
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!

*shudder*

I've skipped all these specials about MJ, because it's just too much saturation coverage. But the overwhelming feeling I have about him is one of pity...emotionally, he's stuck at the level of about an 8-year-old. He genuinely doesn't understand why we have problems with the things he does, and that's what makes him seem so odd to us.

He does need psychological help, no doubt about that, but he'll never get any as long as he doesn't believe he has a problem.

I fear for the children...I hope they turn out more grounded and emotionally mature than he is. :(

Dutchy
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:28:27 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I don't think he's a fool at all.

I think the world today has become so corrupt that we can't even accept the fact that one guy just genuinely wants to be kind and loving towards other people. There was a time when it was alright to love people, but now it seems like just the mention of it sparks off shouts of sexual abuse or whatever it may be.

Amen.

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:33:34 PM
I won't try to read into whatever "message" he's trying to deliver. All I know is that whatever he had in his music before...he's lost it. I no longer feel any compunction to listen to his songs, and I don't think they are great like his old stuff. So, combine that with an increasingly freakish demeanor, I'm not buying what he's selling :\

JonathanLB
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:35:36 PM
If Michael Jackson becomes president, he would not only be the first woman president, but the first black man AND woman president!

He's the most diverse... thing... I know. :)

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:40:04 PM
Let me put it this way. Back in 1988, he was in full-swing with his freaky looks and stuff. Not as crazy as he is now, but getting there. That wasn't much of an issue for me. Why? Because he had great music! I loved "Bad". I think I wore my tape to pieces. Very excellent album. I can't even remember the name of the one after that. You know why? It stunk. That was the point in which MJ couldn't be salvaged.

When/if Marilyn Manson ever chokes on his career, it'll be the same issue again. I hope he doesn't. Despite looking like a total attention whore on a bad hair day, he's an EXCELLENT musician.

Which brings me back to square one on musicians. Looks help, but its the sound that sells.

Dutchy
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:58:28 PM
I disagree his music after Bad stunk. I loved Black or White from Dangerous or You Are Not Alone from History.

He really is a brilliant musician, IMO. A thing that gets forgotten way too often. He's become highly underrated, IMO.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:42:06 PM
At last, a Michael Jackson thread which is actually focusing on his music. I too think "Dangerous" is a marvellous album; "Jam", "Keep it in the Closet", "Will You Be There", "Black or White" and "Heal the World" are all first class in my book. But that's all to do with opinion anyway but I honestly don't feel the drop in quality that Charley does, I still think even many of his latest songs have a timeless quality.

Like I've said before, people don't recognise the musical talent he has today because it is all awash in the media storm. This is a shame because they're missing out.

Edit: Please, let's keep this discussion sensible. I would love to have a MJ thread which is filled with jokes of his physical appearance and celebrity; we all know the score on that and frankly it's a broken record. Find a new tune to sing to and don't spoil this thread for me, please.

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:08:38 PM
I dunno :\, I just never caught on to Dangerous. "Black and White" tried to pick up, I think, where "Man in the Mirror" left off, which I consider a leap too far. Next to Man in the Mirror, it just ended up seeming cliche', IMO. And "Jam" just hit below the radar. Sure, it got in a lot of commercials, but it did nothing to make me appreciate it. "Heal the World" was better than the others on the album, but still...it seemed to fall short of his past work.

Can you honestly compare Dangerous to Bad, much less his prior albums? I guess what I'm trying to say is that there was an edge to his music that he carried with him all through the 80's. When Dangerous came around, it wasn't there anymore.

I tuned in vaguely after that, to see if he released anything else that could bring him up to par. After a while, I just tuned out completely. I admit I haven't listened to anything recent by him, but that isn't an exception reserved for MJ. I've stopped listening to lots of musicians that disappointed me.

Jedieb
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:54:42 PM
What the hell was the title of his last album? I honestly didn't even notice. Bad was the last album of his that I took notice of. I wasn't even that fond of the title track. Michael dancing in a subway sayng he's "Bad" was laughable. I actually enjoyed Weird Al's 'I'm Fat' more. His music has gotten progressively weaker and weaker. Even that duet with Janet wasn't anything to brag about. He's just a shell of what he use to be. Thriller hasn't even aged as well as other all time sellers. The Eagles leaped frogged past Thriller and regained the all time #1 spot a few years ago IIRC. His talent has simply deteriorated along with his bone structure.

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:00:41 PM
:( I loved Bad...

...hmm...

...but I love the Eagles much much much more :D!

Jedieb
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:03:21 PM
There was some good stuff on Bad. It was just the title song that I found kind of silly. But it wasn't horrible. Now the Eagles, while I didn't get into their reunion material, their old stuff is just amazing. I could listen to Hotel California for hours on end. In fact, in a twisted fraternity induction I was actually forced to. If if had been some other song I think I might have lost my mind!

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:08:09 PM
Actually, I prefer the Hell Freezes Over rendition of Hotel California over the original. The spanish guitar and maracas and bongos are perfect for it, IMO. That version is one of my favorite songs ever made, if not THE one.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:27:29 PM
Remember Hotel California in Cali? You redid the lyrics, but I can't remember what to...

ANyway that was funny. Yeah...

:uhoh *wanders off*

JonathanLB
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:56:54 AM
He has some great songs, I mean I thought "Bad" rocks, but I just try not to consider who sings it, that's all ;)

Because yeah, that is laughable, he's bad? He's a sissy little girl, or it looks like it anyway, so when I hear the song I just think of the song, not of him...

That "Thriller" music video, isn't that the one that is totally awesome? Like considered the best music video ever made? I forget, but one of those with him is excellent.

It'd be fun to direct music videos. Not as a whole career, IMO, but for like 5 years to get into the business, that'd be great fun.

D'raaj A'arkantheil
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:58:30 AM
Now, I am a Jackson fan, even though I may not own hardly any of his albums. I love the mocus, even though the man might be kind of freaky-weird now. I even liked the latest album "Invincible", even though it wasn't as strong or edgy as some of his previous material, and "Privacy" seemed to be a re-make of "Leave Me Alone", though ti did feature Slash on guitarm so it did rock. The song "Whatever Happens" featured Carlos Santana, and he rocks too. But, the best track by far of his latest album was "Threatened" which was sort of a throwback to "Thriller" in its message, but has one of the coolest voice splicings I've ever heard, getting Rod Serling of The Twilight Zone to virtually "sing" some of the lyrics.

And, nobody can dance like Michael Jackson. How many times has he given us crazy new moves? The up-on-the-toes from "Billie Jean", the kick and the shakedown from "Beat It", the Moonwalk (one of the coolest things I've ever seen a person do!), the 50 degree lean in "Smooth Criminal", the whole Zombie Dance in "Thriller", his trademark spins, and snapping leg flicks too. I mean, good greif, he rivals Fred Astaire, but in the Pop world!

I have noticed a change in style after "Bad", though. It got less edgy, and started to soften down, though it was still good music, with the exception of the "Earth Song". I wish he'd just focus on the beat in his music a little more, and give us something we can really dance to again. And maybe spend a little time in a tanning booth, too.

Dutchy
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:45:34 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
I forget, but one of those with him is excellent.

ALL videos with him are excellent. :)

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:57:13 PM
I thought the video to Jam was HORRID!

imported_Arriana Rezner
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:04:42 PM
;; still loves 'Scream' ;;

:)

Diego Van Derveld
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:30:47 PM
Yuk. I also disliked that one. Probably moreso than Jam, actually.

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:34:25 PM
I never really caught onto Michael Jackson's music, but I can respect him as a musician. I too tire of the same old Jackson jokes, but he's basically leaving himself open to any shots people want to take at him. He's definately an enigma, and although this might not relate to his music I just heard something about this today.

He's apparently addicted to plastic surgery, and according to my music teacher he used to look a lot like his father. He said that's one of the reasons speculated for all of Jackson's surgeries he's gotten done over the years. His father was abusive, and he obviously didn't want to resemble the man.

Either way, the only MJ I know is Michael Jordan. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:48:53 PM
I did hear his latest albumn. I thought it sucked horribly. HIStory was the last thing of his I liked. Blood on the Dancefloor was cool.

One thing I will not go against is saying he is a superb dancer. Damn, I could watch some of his moves all day - defies belief some of them. And he was inventive too. A true sign of a man with a gift. His sister Janet isn't exactly a bad dancer herself.

Sene Unty
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:44:43 PM
I have always like Janet Jackson...maybe that's why I liked Scream....