PDA

View Full Version : Hero (Foreign Film Nominee)

JonathanLB
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:56:36 AM
I just got a SPAM mail at my Movies@jlbmedia.com address from a Hong Kong VCD place and they have Hero for pre-order now, it is available on 2/19/03.

These are legal VCDs, of course, it's a legitimate company. Anyway I had to order it because I don't know what the idiotic U.S. version is going to be like or even when we get it. I'd rather just watch it on VCD if it's the full version, rather than some Miramax-hacked up U.S. release.

It was just $5.64 plus shipping, which was like $6.36, haha, so it was $12 total. Eh, not bad I don't think. Considering it's supposed to kick butt.

Darth Viscera
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:36:24 AM
you can tell the pirate DVD/VCD companies apart from the legit ones because the pirate ones are in Malaysia, where all the bootleg DVD presses are.

If you can possibly avoid it, don't go for VCDs. They're sub-VHS quality

JonathanLB
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:05:22 AM
VCD's are at least equal to VHS quality, at least the good ones are. I've had them before and at least they look much better on computers than my VHS tapes look on the TVs...

But I agree, IF you can avoid VCDs, you may as well, the things are coasters compared to DVDs, lol.

Yeah the Malaysian ones are great (lol), that reminds me of The Phantom Menace VCD's I got from there, those were rather amusing. I kind of liked the idea of having TPM on CD to play on the computer, but it wore out its noveltly IMMEDIATELY when the thing came to DVD and then I was like, "Uhhh... umm.. these VCDs... blow."

Dutchy
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:27:02 PM
VCD's suck, coz you can't resume 'em. :)