PDA

View Full Version : Life Under The Sun, Peace Under The Moon(open)

Rognan Dar
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:28:35 AM
The air was fresh, the night was cool, and life still flowed. It was about midnight now, a strange time to be out, but one could not help himself when he needs to relax.

Rognan was out in the Garden of the GJO, injoying the silence and peace. He was in a tree with his pet wevicat, Yarden, and there he was playing a ocarina that had a magical sence to it. When he played it, the Garden seemed light up more by the moon, the air even more refreshing, and the night flowers bloom even more beautiful. All that heard the music were brought to it, but in the garden the sound echoed in the sky. The echoing made it hard to find the source of the music, and even if they did, he was hidden in the brush of the tree. Tonight was a time to relax, and if someone heard his song, maybe he would have a chat, too.

Shandri La
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:47:39 AM
Not having much success in falling asleep in her new surrondings, she had gotten up and dressed in her simple white dress with white shoes and gold belt. This time though she keeps her brown hair down, but is still carrying her white bag. Having stepped briefly out into the garden to get a breath of fresh air, she heard some of the most beautiful music ever. Slowly, but surely she makes her way over to where the music is coming from and upon reaching the spot, she looks up and smiles as she sees Rognan there. Not having any desire to disturb his playing, she just stands there listening to the music, a smile upon her face.

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:12:51 PM
The Garden felt diffrent, and it was not from his playing, there was a presens there that he could not define. He peeked one eye open and looked at the ground below him. The presens was not a something, it was a someone. There on the ground stood, Shandri dressed in white, same as when he met her for the first time. He closed his eye and continued to play. He would like to speak to her but doing that would stop his playing which would end the magical feeling in the Garden. So, instead of speaking, he used telepathy to talk to her.

Hello Came a voice in her head, but that should have been what startled her. What should have was that what she heard was he own voice, speaking to her.

Shandri La
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:54:31 PM
With a look of surprise appearing on her face when she hears Rognan speak to her through telepathy, she blinks her eyes and quickly realises that it is Rognan that addressed her.

"Hello Lord Rognan. And how are you tonight?

If I may ask sir, how did you know I was here?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:41:02 PM
Now wouldn't you like to know.

Came back a teasing voice, but it sounded diffrent, not her voice or his, just someone elses that he desided to use.

You might as well ask how I got in the tree. There are no branches for twelve feet from the ground.

Shandri La
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:48:16 AM
"I'm sorry sir is I asked something that I wasn't allowed to ask. I'm still having to adjust to being here and I'm not sure on what all the rules are. But I would like to know both how you knew I was here and how you got up into the tree."

Rognan Dar
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:44:49 PM
A smile came to Rognan's face. If one could see his face cleary, it would have been a funny site to see him play and smile. Rognan sat up and looked down at Shandri.

You shouldn't be afriad to ask questions, it sharpens the mind, and we are here to learn, no? But, if you must know how I knew you were hear, I would have to say that I senced you.

Shandri La
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:02:37 PM
"And how Lord, did you sense that I was here?"

Shandri finds herself a soft patch of grass and sits down after pulling a small white blanket from her bag and setting it on the ground.

Rognan Dar
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:09:25 PM
Rognans music dimmed. That was a good question, how did he sence her. He remembered his leason with his master, Zeke, and there he learned to sence him in the dark. But how to explain it was the problem. Then he thought of the only thing that made sence.

[I]Well, I guess you could say, it was the Force that told me of your presense.[/I[

Shandri La
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:13:51 PM
With a nod of her head, she indicates that she understands.

"I still have yet to learn how to use the Force for anything. Espcially seeing as how I'm just new here. And pray tell Lord, how did you get up into that tree?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:19:57 PM
That was not of my doing. My friend Yarden help me with that. At that monent there was a small black head poked itself into view of Shandri. To her, it was the head a panther, though it was mush smarter then any normal panther. This one was a wevicat.

I climbed on her back and she climb the tree. Simple, no?

Shandri La
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:07:31 PM
"Yes Lord Rognan, it is very simple. And there are those that would say that it is cheating, but I say it is using what is at your disposal."

Rognan Dar
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:57:39 PM
Very true.

Rognan's song was at its end, and as his song ended the sence of life in the Garden diminished as well. He then turned his full attention to Shandri.

"So, how has your first night been?" Rognan said, speaking outloud.

Shandri La
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:13:27 AM
"It is very different Lord Rognan. I am finding it hard to sleep right now since I keep thinking that the Sith will come and attack at any second. Though I am sure that once I get settled in, things will be alright here."

Shandri settles the bag onto her lap and sighs.

"It is very difficult for me here. There is no one here from my home. I don't even know if my friends are alright. I keep wondering if everything will be alright in the end. Not to mention having a window in my room is odd as well."

Rognan Dar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:37:20 PM
"If any Sith even tried to enter the here, it would have been the last thing they did. After a while, you will feel more at ease, at lest I did."

Rognan hands his instument in Yardens mouth. He then jumped, more like fell, to the ground with a thud. He stood up strait and leaned on the tree.

"I, too, dont have anyone from my homeworld, not that I had any friends there anyway. I have, though, met someone of my species, but I have not seen her in sometime now."

Shandri La
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:54:31 AM
"I am sure that is true Lord Rognan, but this being my first time here, I don't know what to expect. I do hope that I will feel more at ease here soon."

Shandri looks around the garden and smiles.

"You are lucky to have found someone of your species here. I know I won't find someone from my homeworld here because I am the first to leave my homeworld in ages, in generations. The last recorded person to have left my homeworld was in my family, and she brought us the means in which we got our treasure which is my sacred duty to protect."

Rognan Dar
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:57:07 PM
"You may never know if you will or not meet someone, there is always that small chance that you might. I didn't expect to meet anyone of my own, but I did, and it was a good surprise, too."

Rognan got tired of leaning on the tree, instead, he sat at the roots of the tree.

"So who was this other person that left before you?"

Shandri La
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:12:24 AM
"I may in the years to come across one or two other ppl from my home, but they would have left because they, like me, are not happy with Sith rule. But I, unlike them, had no choice. It was either leave with the treasure, or be forced to serve the Sith which I will not do.

But the person who left before me was the first Guardian of the Treasure. She is my many times Great Grandmother. She left her home in the search of something that would bring peace to our ppl. She was gone for many years searching the galaxy. Then one day when she was about to goto bed, an Angel appeared to her and told her to go home and there she shall find the means to bring peace to our ppl.

So she went home and everybody thought that she had failed, but she said no, she was just following the instructions she was given by an Angel.

Two months after she arrived home, while she was walking, she came across a cave that wasn't there before. Her being ever curious went inside the cave and there, on a pedestal was the treasure. The moment she touched it, was the moment which bound my family to protect it. She carried it to the King and Queen, kneeling on one knee before them, she proclaimed this to be the means of getting peace amongst our ppl. She was named the Guardian of the Treasure and she swore her life to protect it."

Rognan Dar
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:14:53 PM
"Very fasinating history you have behind you. I have one like that, though it was not directly in my family line, but it is how we came to the way we live today." He said in a hinting way, wanting to see if she would ask him to tell the story.

Shandri La
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:00:28 AM
"Would you be willing to tel me Lord Rognan? I've always had a fascination with fascinating parts of history."

Rognan Dar
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:06:49 AM
"I like a good story myself. Anyway, the history of my people, the Lorrdians, start back several centreys ago. My people were inslaved, to a mean group of other people, though, it has been a while since I heard the name that I forgot who they where. Anyway, as they were inslaved they were kept apart from eachother, noone was able to talk to the others. This was a good plan for the captors, but it was worked around. Slowly my people made a language that consisted of body movment, facal expretion, and eye contact. Then one day the organised a plan to free themselves from there captors, and they didn't know how they were so orgnized. Quite funny really. So from there on out, it has been a tradition to teach the language that they made to all the younger ones, who latter teach it to the next generation."

Rognan smiled, he always like the story of his peoples history.

Shandri La
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:13:56 AM
"That's very interesting. It would have taken alot of work to come up with that language. But it was worth it because your ppl got their freedom back and that is always a good thing.

Lord Rognan, does it always feel odd to be in a new place? This is my very first time being away from home."

Rognan Dar
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:49:28 PM
"Odd, yes. But if you look at it, it can also be interesting. Being in a new place, making new friends, and see diffrent things to see. But there is always that first few days where you feel just lost. But after that, I can't wait to see whats around."

Shandri La
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:37:17 AM
"I have never really had a friend before. I would have to say that you are my first friend ever. Aside from my twin sister that is.

I know what I want. I've known for years what I want, but this is the first time I've ever been able to pursure it. And to be able to pursure it with a friend is nice."

Rognan Dar
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:39:02 PM
"Then I will be happy to be your friend and help you out through your first few days here."

Rognan smiled, the air was starting to get colder outside, but it didn;t bother him.

"So, do you have a master yet?"

Shandri La
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:51:48 AM
A smile dances upon her face.

"Thank-you Lord Rognan.

I do have a master, it's Lord Dasquian, though I have yet to start my training. Who is your master?"

Rognan Dar
Mar 1st, 2003, 04:50:20 PM
What a funny question to ask. He 'had' lots of masters before, though none of them had time for him it seems, but he didn't want to go into it.

"My Master is, Zeke. Your lucky to get a master like Dasquian. He is on the council, so he must be good."

Shandri La
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:04:08 AM
"Lord Zeke seems like a nice person. He's the one that greeted me when I arrived. I'm sure that Lord Zeke is good as well."

Shandri, while sitting there in the garden, pulls out of her bag, the box which the crystal is in and opens up the box. She then carefully pulls out the crystal, which seems to glow slightly and the glow lights up the garden faintly.

Rognan Dar
Mar 2nd, 2003, 08:28:03 PM
"Yes, Master Zeke is a great teacher. I have learn alot from him."

When Rognan sees that Shandri pulled out the crystal he stood up and moved over to where she was sitting. He sat down on the blanket and looked at the crystal.

"So, you carry that everywhere you go? Well, I guess you would, after all you are protecting it."

Shandri La
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:05:50 AM
"Yes, I do carry this around with me everywhere I go. If I didn't, I wouldn't be doing my job. Before, when I was at home, there were some ppl who would stand outside the treasure room who would guard the room while I was not there. Then I didn't carry it around with me everywhere I go. It can be a bit of a burden at times, but I cope with it. I have to."

Shandri lets go of the crystal and lets it hover in the spot that it is at.

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:04:55 PM
Rognan lays back and looks up at the sky.

"But when the Sith came you had to take the treasure away, right?"

Shandri La
Mar 3rd, 2003, 07:10:26 PM
"Yes, when the Sith came, I was sent away with the treasure. The Sith would use our treasure for there own evil purposes. But in the process, it would destroy my ppl."

Shandri moves one hand around the crystal and it starts to rotate slowly as she is looking at it.

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:53:16 PM
Rognan rased a eyebrow.

"How would it be used? Is there some power behind? And why would it destroy you people."

Shandri La
Mar 4th, 2003, 09:00:48 AM
"My ppl look to this crystal for protection. It is a gift to us from the Angels of Life. It is enchanted with some powers which make it invaluable to us. When it first came to us, my ppl were at war with one another. This crystal helped us put a stop to it. Though if it is used for evil, my ppl will suffer from it."

Shandri continues to move her hand around the crystal and the crystal keeps spinning slowly.

"I do not know how the Sith would use it. Though I do know that ever since they first heard about it, they have wanted to use it for there evil purposes, and that, like I said, would destroy my ppl.

Rognan Dar
Mar 4th, 2003, 04:04:52 PM
"Ok, I can see how that could be bad. But I still dont see how your going to get rid of the Sith. Even with proper training, there is more of them."

Shandri La
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:29:13 AM
"I do not know how I will get the Sith to leave either. Perhaps I will just live out my life out here and pass the crystal onto a daughter of mine when I have one. The one thing that I can hope for is that the crystal will help. Though, I doubt that very much because I do not know how to use the crystal completely."

Shandri puts a hand underneth the crystal and ontop of the crystal and holds it still.

"All I can do is hope for the best and do what I can to ensure the best will happen."

Rognan Dar
Mar 8th, 2003, 05:59:53 PM
"Well, if you ever try and go back, to get rid of the Sith, I'll help you out. I just dont want you to go alone. Who knows what might happen."

Shandri La
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:28:54 AM
With a smile on her face, she looks up to the stars.

"I will someday have to go back home. The crystal does not belong to me. It belongs to my ppl. That will be what drives me back home with it. I will someday return the crystal to its rightful place."

Shandri looks at Rognan, still smiling.

"I do appreciate the offer for you to help me out, though that is not necessary. There is no need to put more then one person at risk."

Rognan Dar
Mar 9th, 2003, 05:25:05 PM
"If something happened to you there, that I could have prevented, I dont know what I would do. It would just make me feel better if you didn't go alone, weither I went or someone else."

Shandri La
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:23:30 AM
A smile is upon her face as she listens to what Rognan has to say.

"I appreciate the concern you have shown me already. It is not often that anybody shows me any concern anymore. I am considered just an object to protect the treasure."

Shandri places the crystal back in its box and puts the box back into her bag.

"Do you know how long it has been since I was last treated as a person?"

Rognan Dar
Mar 11th, 2003, 03:53:59 PM
Rognan sat up and looked at Shandri with a look of confution on his face.

"Are you saying that no one has treated you like a person, not since you took over the job of protecting the crystal?"

Shandri La
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:33:34 PM
With a nod of her head, she answers Rognan's question.

"That is right Lord Rognan. Ever since I became the Guardian of the Treasure, I have not been treated like a person. I was treated like a person before my Mother and sister were killed. But not for several years has that happened. And I thank-you."

Rognan Dar
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:40:28 PM
"You welcome. But I can relate to that, in a way. I just dont know why anyone would be anymore or less better the the rest. I'm feel so bad that you were treated like that."

Shandri La
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:07:14 AM
"That's the problem Lord Rognan. No one is any more or less better then the rest. They are all equal in the eyes of Life. When you die, it doesn't matter how much money you have, or how much you have eaten. What matters is what you have done with your life that counts.

You have no need to feel bad about how I get treated back on my homeworld. If I had grown up completely with being treated like I'm not a person like my sister did, it would be different. I wouldn't have any dislike about it. I treated both my Mother and my sister as if they were ppl because they were."

Rognan Dar
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:44:16 PM
"Yes, but as I see how things go around, most people dont even look at someone that, lets say is not as weathy as them. It just sickens me how people act. I really dont understand them."

Shandri La
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:06:58 AM
"They aren't perfect Lord Rognan. Everybody has there faults, including you and I. Everybody should treat everyone else the same. And the more ppl that do that, the more ppl that will. It's time consuming, but someday, everybody will be treated the same. There will be no rich and there will be no poor. Someday things will be like that, but not for a good while though."

Rognan Dar
Mar 15th, 2003, 06:19:47 PM
"There is this saying that I try to do each day, 'Treat ofther the way you want to be treated.' This is quite true also, and I know everyone is not perfect, and I know I fault many times, but I wish that I could just make the Galaxy a better place."

Shandri La
Mar 15th, 2003, 07:19:13 PM
"That is a very good thing to go by. Now to only get it so that more ppl are willing to live by that, then things would definately be a better place for everyone."

Rognan Dar
Mar 16th, 2003, 12:19:26 AM
"Well, if I live up to this saying only good can come of it, and hopefully others will see and also act like that...but I cant make people do things the way I see fit. It just doesn't work that way."

Shandri La
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:46:53 AM
"That is true. Though sometimes the temptation is there to make others do as you wish them to. But no good ever comes of it."

Rognan Dar
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:14:13 PM
Rognan was silent for a moment, lost in his own thoughts.

"Well, I must be going. I have a early morning ahead of me." He finally said.

Shandri La
Mar 20th, 2003, 08:52:06 AM
With a nod of her head she acknowledges Rognan's statement.

"I wish you well. And until we meet again lord Rognan."