PDA

View Full Version : Tentative wanderings (Open)

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:19:23 PM
The girl dressed in black walked down the halls slowly, quietly. Black clothes, black hair, black eyes. Black suited her well. She walked, head slightly bowed, but shoulders straight and proud, and hands folded behind her back.

Leliarre lifted her head, eyes flicking over the walls that were slowly becoming almost familiar to her now. The 14-year-old had been here awhile... but not quite long enough for it to feel like home, nor long enough to feel at ease here. But that would come in time, she supposed. If she could ever find peace from her old memories of "home" that she couldn't forget.

Long thought alone had made her realize just how pent-up she'd kept herself since her arrival. She'd remained in her room most of the time, or practicing at the Training Grounds, usually on her own. She hadn't taken much time to get to know the people here. So she decided it was time she took another look around. Maybe she'd learn something; maybe she'd meet someone new.

And maybe I'll be less lonely.

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:46:24 AM
He had not been there long at all. In fact, Lady Vader had left his room only about an hour ago now. He had remained in his room for that time, pacing before he had finally decided that a journey throughout the halls was in order.

It wasn’t that he was afraid of the castle or what lay out there. He wasn’t at all. In fact, he was quite looking forward to seeing what lay out there. The only thing that held him back was that he didn’t want to do anything that would stir up trouble. Lady Vader already believed him to be nearly incapable of keeping order in his life and the first thing he wanted to prove to his master was that he was capable. He was more than capable.

But there was only so long that he could sit in his room. And so now he wandered the halls. Or would have been wandering the halls, only as soon as the door closed behind him he realized that he’d left the key to the room upon the desk inside.

“<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>.” He cursed under his breath as he realized it. He jiggled the handle. Nothing. He could feel it. Could sense the key that lay inside. But he had yet to learn to use the skills he possessed in the force to know how to move that key and slide it under the door to him – or how to disintegrate locks as Lady Vader had done with the binders.

He stood there for a moment, feeling rather foolish. This was, of course, compounded when he spotted coming towards him a girl, perhaps about 7 years his junior, dressed head to toe in black. She walked with her head slightly bowed, though her shoulders were straight and hinted at a sense of pride that perhaps lay beneath the sullen demeanor.

Since his arrival, he had spotted people here and there as Lady Vader had shown him to his room. But he had yet to meet any of them. He hadnt planned on meeting them looking as foolish as he did now – locked from his own room.

As she continued down the hall, coming closer to where he now stood, Maxim’s gaze continued to rest upon the girl and eventually, his expression broke into a lazy grin.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:31:00 PM
Leliarre's eyes came to rest on the man standing in front of his door. Haven't seen him before, she thought. Her face was emotionless, expressionless, as she slowed. Well then. She felt the slight unease tingling in her stomach at meeting someone for the first time.

Oh really! she chided herself, forcing herself to look the man full in the face. A half-smile appeared on her own. "Heya," she said casually, coming to a halt, her arms crossed in front of her. Her dark eyes flicked carefully over him, looking him over.

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:39:49 PM
Heya

She’d spoken rather casually, and he was to some degree relieved.

“Hey…” He replied in response, trying to play the part, and pulling it off rather easily, of the confident guy.

He noticed as her eyes flickered over him, to some degree giving him the once over. It would have been wrong to say his did not do the same, though within moments he dismissed anything further. She might have been attractive, but she was definitely too young.

Well, too young for that kind of thing – but certainly not to young to befriend. There had to be someone around here who could help him out with this ridiculous situation that he’d gotten himself into.

“You live on this hall?” He asked, his voice sounding rather nonchalant for someone in his situation.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:42:56 PM
Leliarre nodded. "Yeah... back that way." She made a gesture behind her.

Meanwhile, she considered the young man.
He looks maybe... at least 5 years older than me. She smiled inwardly. In a way, it's too bad. But I don't need that kind of thing anyway, so that's all right.
Seems like a nice guy... though maybe not. After all, I haven't heard ten words from him yet. But he looks pretty sure. Confident. She noted. Or, then again... He seemed a bit too... carefully relaxed, to her. And he was still in his doorway.

But then, it's probably my fault. She thought nervously, somewhat rusty at social interaction and getting a little unraveled. I've probably caught him at a bad time - knowing my knack for tactfulness. He's probably just leaving, or was about to go in his room, or something. I'm probably just bothering him.

Leaning towards a hasty and red-faced retreat, but not departing yet, she said, "I'm sorry... were you going somewhere?" She gave him a slight apologetic smile. "I seem to have caught you in your doorway."

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:22:23 AM
He followed her gesture and nodded. He could see her cheeks turning slightly pink as if she were a bit embarrassed or perhaps nervous talking to him. This didn’t bother him, for he’d seen girls back at the university act this same way around him from time to time.

He’d been about to make some other comment to perhaps put her a bit more at ease when she’d spoken again.

I'm sorry... were you going somewhere?

She’d offered a small apologetic smile.

I seem to have caught you in your doorway.

She’d called him on it and he grinned, a small chuckle escaping.

“Yeah, I was about to try to find the workout room but as soon as I shut the door behind me it dawned on me that I’d left my key inside….”

He shifted his weight, leaning casually against the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. A slightly sheepish expression at his foolishness crept into his expression.

“I don’t suppose you’ve got some hidden talent of breaking and entering….” He added, his voice carrying a hint of a teasing, perhaps even flirting tone.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:49:23 AM
Leliarre chuckled slightly, feeling relieved. She wasn't bothering him after all.

I don't suppose you've got some hidden talent of breaking and entering... he'd teased.

"Well as a matter of fact..." She grinned slowly, taking a hairpin out of her back pocket. "I've got a few talents."

Moving over to the lock she stuck the pin in and started wiggling it around. She made a mistake, and it broke. "Oh for..." She took the pieces out, looking at the door with a vexed expression. Reaching for another hairpin, she realized she didn't have any more with her.

She sighed. "I usually prefer to do this by hand, but..." The girl sensed around for the key inside. There we are. Using the Force, she pushed it off whatever surface is was resting on - clink! - and then slid it under the door to her.

"Here you go." She bent to get it, and handed it to him with a wink. "Don't worry - I won't tell anyone. Same thing almost happened to me before. What's your name?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:45:56 AM
He watched as she pulled the hairpin from her pocket and an amused expression crossed his face as he moved away from the lock to let her try her skills. He watched as she attempted to pick the lock, and breaking the pin seemed to scowl. She had a pretty scowl, even, he thought for a moment before his thoughts were brought back to the task at hand.

He watched as she used the force to retrieve his key. Soon, he thought, soon he would learn these things. Tomorrow perhaps. Lady Vader had told him that was when his training would begin.

He accepted the key as it was handed to him, catching the wink and noticing how the girl had seemed to relax a bit around him.

Don't worry - I won't tell anyone. Same thing almost happened to me before. What's your name?

He accepted her gentle teasing with a chuckle before he answered her question.

“Maxim.” He replied

“And yours?” He asked, “Or should I just call you ‘the Mistress of Lock picking'?”

His dark eyes danced with mischief and something else as he looked to her, an eyebrow raised the slightest bit in question.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:57:24 PM
"If you like," she answered in mock-seriousness, then smiled. "Or you could call me Leliarre, since that is my name."

The girl looked him over again, once more thinking about the fact she'd never seen him before, and that he hadn't used the Force to get the key himself. "How long have you been here, Maxim?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:42:25 AM
Dark eyes gazed at her.

“Leliarre it is, then.” He replied. His eyes followed hers as she gave him another once over. Though he was untrained in most ways of the force, he was adept naturally in tricks of the mind. To some degree, in the momentary silence between them, he might have attempted to read her thoughts.

How long have you been here, Maxim?

He didn’t wear a watch, and wouldn’t have known what time he’d actually arrived, but he guessed it had been several hours by now.

“A few hours ago.” He replied quite frankly as he pulled his wallet from his back pocket and slid his room key into for safe keeping. Then he stuffed it back in place and raised a questioning eyebrow.

“You know much about the palace?” He asked.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:10:06 PM
Less than I should, Leliarre thought to herself. She'd been here too long to just be taking what perhaps was her second look around.

"Well... I haven't really done too much looking around," She admitted. "I've stayed mostly in my room - and to the Training Grounds, of course - since I got here, some months ago. So, no, not too much really."

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:42:26 AM
So she was somewhat new here as well.....

"You feel like checking it out?" He asked, inviting her to join him on his exploration of the castle.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:32:26 PM
"Sure," she replied with a smile. "Sounds like fun. Ready when you are."

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:41:54 PM
Together they began to walk down the hallway, Maxim glancing casually about and taking in everything about the place. He could feel the Sith magic about them and reveled in it.

"So what were you doing before you came here?" He asked, assuming she had been at a school or academy of some sort.

He wondered what had brought her here. It was a getting to know you kind of conversation - but that was exactly what they were - strangers getting to know one another.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:17:50 AM
Leliarre's eyes seemed to harden for a moment as she stared into the distance. She didn't speak, busy remembering. Finally she blinked, looking back at Maxim.

"Before I came here, I was taking care of my little brother as best I could on some little backward planet. Our parents were dead." She heaved a sigh. "Soon my brother was too. After that, I had nowhere else to go but here."

"Before that, though, our family traveled around in a ship, together." She smiled faintly. "That was... pretty cool. I got good with mechanics, like dad was."

Bet he wishes he'd never asked, she thought with dark amusement.

She sighed again, and her tone lightened. "But, to beat a cliche to death, enough about me. What were you doing?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:30:22 AM
No, I dont wish I'd never asked. He returned, projecting this thought to her. He was a natural at reading the minds of others - hearing thoughts that he often did not intend to hear.

"I asked because I wanted to know." He added, speaking out loud and turning his dark eyed gaze upon her. He stared at her for a moment and then turned back to the hallways before them.

"Im sorry to hear about your family." He added a moment later. He continued to think on what she'd told him, thinking that they came from very different worlds.

"I was in college." He replied in response to her question of what he'd been doing. He'd gone there on an athletic scholarship - to a school that was competitive with the school his twin brother had decided to attend. They were close - but highly competitive in their relationship.

"But through a strange series of events I ended up here instead of finishing out my last year...."

He shrugged.

"Its cool, though....Ive been wanting to do this for a while now, anyway. Im supposed to begin my training tomorrow...with Lady Vader. You know anything about her?" He asked.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:14:16 PM
Leliarre glanced at him in some surprise that he had heard her thought. It made her smile slightly. Nice. She knew how to project and recieve thoughts, but she wasn't too adept at hearing what she wasn't meant to.

She wondered briefly at the "strange series of events" before deciding not to pry. If he couldn't or didn't want to explain it then it wasn't her business.

Lady Vader...

"I don't know her personally," Leliarre said slowly, "so I doubt I can really tell you much about her... I've only seen her once or twice. I'm sorry." She sighed. "Though," she said as an afterthought, "to me she seems... uh, I don't know. She sees a lot." An exasperated expression flickered over her face at her inadequiteness. Really it was only to be expected, as she barely knew of her - but she let out an annoyed sound at herself. "Sorry." She said again. "You'll have to tell me what you think of her."

"What was it like at your school?" She asked him, curious about that sort of life. She vaguely remembered a school of some kind... when she was much younger, 7 or 8. She'd only been there a year or so, she guessed, before she had to leave with her parents. There she'd been educated with what their droid could teach her. "Did you like it?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:49:12 PM
He caught her look of surprise but said nothing. He was wise enough, most of the time, to keep his mouth shut about the things he could read from others. He’d felt, in this case, it was worth speaking.

He tucked away the fact that Lady Vader seemed to see a lot. Not that he had cause to be concerned – at least not yet, but this was a good thing to know. Just in case.

As she sighed with exhasperation, his head tilted slightly and he gave her a sidelong glance. He wanted to warn her that she was a little too good at projecting her thoughts and emotions, but said nothing.

What was it like at your school? Did you like it?

He grinned at this question.

“Yeah, I liked school.” He replied, thoughts reflecting for a moment of a rather easy life – playing sports, attending occasional classes, parties and girls. For a moment, he second guessed his decision to leave. But only for a second. He knew he would learn far more here than he would ever learn in school.

“It was pretty easy.” He added with a shrug.

“But easy doesn’t teach me tricks like breaking and entering my own room.” With this, he had turned to Leliarre and offered a teasing grin.

“So how come you haven’t explored the castle yet?” He asked.

“Don’t tell me you’re scared…” He added, still teasing her. It was not done with malice, but in a relaxed, easygoing sort of way, trying to draw her out a bit.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:05:40 PM
Leliarre raised an eyebrow and smiled carelessly. "I have not, but if I were, so what? Now I have a big strong fella like you to keep me out of trouble." She said in much the same tone he'd used.

"As a matter of fact, I've been rather anti-social since I got here. I like being by myself... and I'm more used to it than being around people. I've been curious, but I always put it off for one reason or another."

Part of her was somewhat surprised at herself for being so uncharacteristically open. Maybe because he was one of the only people she'd really talked to in awhile. She used to avoid this kind of contact, but now she was finding it a welcome change.

Maxim Vasilijev
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:55:37 AM
I have not, but if I were, so what? Now I have a big strong fella like you to keep me out of trouble.

Maxim chuckled. As they walked, a somewhat cocky grin appeared on his face. He was the kind of guy that parents didn’t like leaving their daughters with. He was bold and reckless and self-assured. He was trouble.

As a matter of fact, I've been rather anti-social since I got here. I like being by myself... and I'm more used to it than being around people. I've been curious, but I always put it off for one reason or another.

He nodded.

“I tried to anti-social thing once before, too.” He admitted, his gaze moving from the hallway where they walked back to Leliarre.

“Ive got a twin brother and I thought if I acted differently from him I’d get more attention.” He added with a roll of his eyes, as if he was making fun of the fact that he’d had such a stupid idea.

He stopped for a moment by a window that looked out over the gardens.

“Being social works a lot better.” He added before he pushed the curtains aside a bit more to get a better view.

“Those are the gardens, right?” He asked, gazing down at the torches that lit the paths among the hedges.

“I take it you've never been there at night?” Lady Vader had warned him not to go there. And not that he planned to go – at least, not tonight – but he was curious about the creature that lived there.

Leliarre Nightshade
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:15:08 PM
Leliarre shook her head. "No." She tilted her head slightly, remembering the little she'd heard about what apparently lived there and wishing she knew a bit more.

"I haven't felt up to facing dangerous creatures lately," she said dryly.

"Though at some point..." she added thoughtfully, quite serious.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 2nd, 2003, 09:13:06 AM
Though at some point....

He heard the interest in her voice and his dark eyes narrowed in a sort of mischievious gleam.

"You'd dare to check it out....?" He asked, the tone of his voice somewhat challenging. There was no question that if she was willing to check it out, he'd be willing, too.

Not tonight - for he was smart enough to know that causing trouble like that on the first night in the castle was likely to get him kicked out - or worse, perhaps, when he considered Lady Vader and how stern she seemed to be.

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:23:41 AM
Leliarre grinned slowly. "At some point." She repeated, making it clear through her tone that the idea included him as well, if he was interested. Which she was sure he was.

She leaned away from the window again. "Not tonight, of course, but definitely at some point."

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:51:21 AM
He nodded, moving away from the window as well.

"Well when that 'definitely some point' night calls out to you, you let me know." His grin was as relaxed as hers. He was having a good time hanging out with her, despite what he perceived as a big age difference.

They began to walk the halls of the order again, Maxim acting rather non chalant and unimpressed, though he was just the opposite. The halls of the Sith Order were impressive and every moment that he spent walking them only made him more and more satisfied with his decision to drop school and come here instead.

"So what's your master like?" He asked, noting that she really didnt talk much about herself unless prompted.

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 4th, 2003, 04:49:24 PM
Leliarre shrugged.

"I don't exactly have one. I train mostly on my own. It's a little weird that way, because I don't really know what I'm supposed to be learning or if I'm doing it the right way. But I get by."

She definitely had to start training with other people more often. Likely she was far behind what she should have been otherwise.

She noticed Maxim seeming rather unimpressed by the Order, but she wasn't too sure about it. It was much the same outward reaction she'd had when she'd got here. "What do you think of this place so far?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:59:32 AM
I don't exactly have one. I train mostly on my own. It's a little weird that way, because I don't really know what I'm supposed to be learning or if I'm doing it the right way. But I get by.

He raised an eyebrow at this, giving her a curious glance.

What do you think of this place so far?

He released a small smile at this question.

“To be honest, I’ve never seen anything like it before…” He
admitted. And then he changed the subject back to her.

“So what do you do to train on your own?” He asked.

(ooc: if you want, and depending on her answer, I suppose, we can start another thread with the two of them going on a training mission of their own - causing a bit of trouble, perhaps...? :) )

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:29:34 PM
"Experiment around, I guess." Leliarre smiled. "Why?"

(ooc: sounds good to me. :))

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:00:09 PM
He grinned, and there was no doubt that it contained mischief within it.

With a casual shrug, he began to speak.

"I dont know, just thought maybe we could go out and go on a mission or something. You know, prove ourselves to the masters..."

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:03:39 PM
Leliarre considered, but not for very long. She was by nature a cautious person, but if something sounded like a good idea or like a good source of fun, then she was for it. Besides, she didn't see any reason why they shouldn't.

"Sounds like fun." She smiled, her dark eyes glittering with interest. "Count me in."

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:59:53 PM
He grinned.

"Where do you want to go for it?" He asked as they continued to roam the halls of the order.

"I mean, I know we cant go anywhere in Coronet..." He cast her a look and rolled his eyes.

"Lady Vader is already upset enough with me for something that happened earlier today." He admitted.

"But maybe go somewhere where the jedi usually are....?"

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:54:37 PM
"I'm not sure where that would be," Leliarre confessed. "I'm sure they have a headquarters of some sort, but I don't know where."

The girl thought. "If we cause enough trouble they should come running, anyway. That's their job, isn't it?"

She said this out loud, rather coolly - more like her usual tone. But as she did so her mood sobered. Trouble. What did that entail? Killing people? She wasn't sure about what she thought of that. She'd killed before - had to, to protect herself and her brother - and on occasion had enjoyed it, when they'd in her view deserved what was coming to them. But killing at random, like a sport?

Maybe if we just scare people enough to attract attention. If we can sense that kind of thing then Jedi have to be able to. If we just cause a panic, there shouldn't be any problem.

She didn't take any particular care to shield that thought from Maxim, since if she had said something aloud it would have been that anyway.

"Unless you know a place where they hang out?" She continued aloud.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 11th, 2003, 05:59:59 PM
She didn’t seem to know where they would find jedi either. But he knew he had to find them.

If we cause enough trouble they should come running, anyway. That's their job, isn't it?

He chuckled.

“Yeah, so far as I understand it is…” He replied. He cast a glance down one hallway, and then they began to descend a set of stairs.

He looked back up at her as they did, noting that the smile was gone from her face and she appeared someone perplexed or maybe deep in thought.

“Whats on your mind?” He asked. He probably could have tried to find out on his own, but out of respect and a newly blossoming friendship, he didn’t.

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:25:12 PM
"Nothing." She wasn't sure if she was planning on elaborating. However, she noted that he'd asked her what she was thinking instead of just finding out himself, and was grateful of the respect. As a result, she continued - and besides, she felt she owed him a real response.

"I was just thinking," she said, "we shouldn't get too violent though." She shrugged awkwardly. "Just get people scared enough to attract attention. Nothing very out of hand."

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:28:37 AM
Nothing.

He knew without trying to read her mind that this was a lie. The way she’d grown suddenly silent had made this fairly obvious, even to one who wasn’t sensitive to it.

But he didn’t press. He might have raised an eyebrow, then turned back to look at the hallway.

I was just thinking, she continued, apparently changing her mind on whether or not to share her thoughts with him. we shouldn't get too violent though.

His head had cocked at this, and she had shrugged awkwardly in response.

Just get people scared enough to attract attention. Nothing very out of hand.

He was silent for a moment, and then he nodded in acceptance.

“Ok, if that’s the way you want to do it, that’s fine.” He replied, adding a shrug to this. He didn’t really care, so long as it attracted some attention for the two of them.

“Has something…..happened before?” He asked, referring to her reluctancy.

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:07:45 PM
Leliarre nodded. "Yes... but that's not it, exactly.

"Then... I had to defend myself. And they deserved it anyway." A current of anger ran through her even now, remembering. They had.

"But hurting people who haven't really done anything... that bothers me. It doesn't seem quite fair... if that makes sense."

It bothered her because it just seemed like there was something wrong with hurting people so much weaker. But then, the thought flickered almost unbidden into her mind, people have tried to use that advantage on me. Why shouldn't I to them? The fleeting thought passed, barely noticed.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 17th, 2003, 02:44:07 PM
He got what she was saying but….from his understanding of the Sith ways, it mattered little at all that the actions were taken in offense or defense. And to put it rather bluntly, it didn’t matter to him so much if the person deserved it or not. It was a dog eat dog world and he wasn’t about to be dinner for anyone.

“It makes sense…” He replied, “Its just that not everyone out there thinks that way – you know, just acting defensively. And while that would be great in an ideal galaxy, this one just isn’t ideal. Not by a long shot.”

He shrugged.

“It’s a game. Its all just one big game and you either win or you lose. I’d rather win…would you?”

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:27:21 PM
"Yeah. I would." The girl considered what he had said further. He had a definite point, and it did make perfect sense. Something still felt hesitant inside of her, but she pushed it aside. Likely it was just a childish feeling that would go away. "You're right, Maxim."

Changing her thoughts to a slightly different topic, Leliarre asked, "So when do you want to do this?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 18th, 2003, 10:06:27 AM
(ooc: I began the thread that will build off of this one. We can keep this one going if you want and also work on this one:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=28166 )

IC:

He shrugged.

“Anytime, I guess.” He stopped where they were now. They had ascended so many flights of stairs that they had come to the top floor and now found themselves on a rooftop.

Maxim pushed open the door and there they stood beneath the stars, a somewhat cool breeze blowing across the elevated open space.

The lights of the city of Coronet twinkled below in the distance.

“Lady Vader had mentioned something about being gone next week…maybe then because I wont have training – if that works for you, too…”

Leliarre Nightshade
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:29:38 PM
The girl gave a nod. "Sure."

Her smile returned, as did her enthusiasm for their plan.

This should be fun.

(ooc: It doesn't really matter to me if we keep this thread going or not... do you want to?)

SashaKovalev
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:59:42 AM
(ooc: Doesnt matter to me, either. Maybe leave this one, since your post seems to work as a good ending, and just work on the other. :)

:rolleyes at logins. This is Maxim, obviously. )