PDA

View Full Version : What can cause..

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:39:36 AM
What can cause a computer to restart over and over again for about an hour and a half?

I'm guessing it might be some sort of bug, since now my copies of norton antivirus and norton personall firewall don't work anymore, nor am I able to open a secondary IE window. Kazaa refuses to connect, and MSN refuses to let me into my hotmail account. I had to basically reinstall wordperfect, for some reason.. it needed the cd the software came with in order to open the prgoram up.

Last night before all of this happened, I deleted a file that was located on my desktop, which was called "My Name.wa~" (my name = my real name)... I didn't think that was important, and it's been there for a while ( I have no idea how it got there in the first place, it just appeared one day after my bro tinkered with my comp)...and after I deleted the .wa~ file, I restarted... and it all went to hell.

And this has also dominoed into my mom's computer, which is networked to my comp, so now she can't access the net.

Only one good thing came from this, and that was I figured out why my a: drive didn't work. It was never connected. ^_^

Any advice?

Morgan Evanar
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:43:41 AM
google for spybot search and destroy, and download it RIGHT NOW

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:56:06 AM
Ok, downloaded it, and ran it...
currently fixing problems it found..

Sigil Roland
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:27:56 PM
Sounds like a regestry error.

If you can, try to get from an earlier restore point. (Win2k/XP/ME)