PDA

View Full Version : People are stupid!!!

Aejin Rahn
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:55:04 AM
Ok, everyone here is talking about Daredevil...BUT...alot of people are saying it is crap and stuff. I want to kill them. Everyone else I know said it was awesome (Fett, my friend kyle, etc.) I believe Fett and my other friends..but I WANT TO KILL ALL WHO DISS DD!!

That is all.

Shandri La
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:02:45 AM
The ppl that are saying things about DD which aren't to your liking are probably just speaking what they believe. Everybody has different opinions about things. Take the movie Chicago for instance. I'd heard that it was an awesome movie, but I didn't like it. Reason for that is it's just not my style of movie. Different ppl, different opinions.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:18:33 AM
It's cause their retarded.

:p

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:40:55 AM
Well, that and you believe you are undeniably right in any and all debates you may participate in. :)

Aejin Rahn
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:22:50 PM
Exactly.

Zeke
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:08:53 PM
That's not the most endearing quality.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:15:57 PM
Good movie, mhm--almost as good, if not equally great as Spiderman.

Now I have to wait for Hulk & X-men 2

D'raaj A'arkantheil
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:16:18 PM
It is if I say so!

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:22:42 PM
Daredevil is amazing, much moreso than Spiderman.

Torriana Marx
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:47:19 PM
What's Daredevil? :huh

Zasz Grimm
Feb 17th, 2003, 02:59:34 PM
Shab....I feel so sorry for you...

:(

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:11:02 PM
He's a blindman who fights crime, whilst wearing a skin tight, red body suit!

ReaperFett
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:15:35 PM
People who dislike Daredevil have a name. Wrong :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:22:29 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
People who dislike Daredevil have a name. Wrong :)

No, they have something called their own bloody opinions.

ReaperFett
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:25:32 PM
Yes, and still wrong :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:30:15 PM
Only in your opinion.

ReaperFett
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:32:05 PM
But that is your opinion :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:04:59 PM
no, what i said was a fact. your saying daredevil is good is your subjective opinion and only right for yourself.

ReaperFett
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:13:35 PM
In your opinion :D

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:18:06 PM
your not funny

ReaperFett
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:25:56 PM
And youre the Duracell Bunny. Still going :)

Zeke
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:13:25 PM
What a childish argument. I don't care either way about Daredevil, though all the hyperbolic praise is sending it on the fast track to join LOTR and Pokemon in the overhype pile.

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:21:08 PM
I want my mommy...:(

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:51:08 PM
O_o thought it was okay but not super great, was like I felt after Spiderman, thought it was an okay movie but no desire to see it again....

Kelt Simoson
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:29:33 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
He's a blindman who fights crime, whilst wearing a skin tight, red body suit!

:lol

Hes a blindman in a film, whilst wearing a skin tight, red body suit WHO FIGHTS CRIME!

damn i loved that old thread when it was in OOC

Sage Hazzard
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:34:14 AM
Well I haven't seen it but it looks alright. That fight seen between Electra and DD on the playground... that looks kind of stupid. Why are they fighting then and there? Please tell me there's a logical reason.

After reading Daredevil:Yellow, I'm a lover of DD. The dude can hear a whisper from a mile away, sniff you out like a bloodhound, and bend steel bars when he touches them, feeling their weak spot. Okay that last one is a little unrealistic, but still cool.

So is the movie good in dialogue. The action scenes look cool but the dialogue... just doesn't seem like it'd match.

Now the Hulk looks cool. Because it seems like Ang Lee isn't making an action movie, but rather a movie with action in it. Like I heard this line that I thought was awesome... now I'm paraphrasing largely here...

"Sometimes I can feel the monster winning, taking control. And the scary thing is.... I like it."

Now that last sentence is awesome.

ReaperFett
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:07:50 AM
There is a sortof logical reason to the playground. Some great lines though :)

And I love the dialogue.

And btw, if the film does well, Yellow is being made into a TV series

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:14:15 AM
"Hulk" looks atrocious!!! :verymad

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:18:14 AM
Three movies I await this year.

Matrix II and III

ROTK.

Daredevil's trailer looked insipid. No thanks.

Aejin Rahn
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:51:20 AM
The Matrix Reload and Revolutions..

:: Drools ::

What?

ReaperFett
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:21:57 PM
Judge not the trailer, deep story you miss, in Matrix this will not be happening :)

Aejin Rahn
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:41:34 PM
DD has an awesome trailer, don't care what anyone says...

And so does Reloaded and Revolutions! (STFU FETT!) :p

ReaperFett
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:47:54 PM
Hey, I can say nice things about the Matrix!

....there's a John Woo bird ripoff. They looked good in John Woo movies.

THat do? ;)

Aejin Rahn
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:49:41 PM
@$$

:p

Sage Hazzard
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:29:24 PM
What's the weak story points in Matrix? Seriously. Where? The new movies look amazing.

DD: Yellow a TV series... Hmm... I'd rather a Batman series but I'll take it. I guess they'll start at where the book starts and just go past it, eh?

The dialogue in that movie looks.... well not so good. Good lines on the playground? Like "you should try asking for my phone number.".... Okay, that sounds... snazzy I suppose. But if you're fighting, do you take the time to quip? I would hope not. Or is it some kind of playful, flirting kind of thing. Like it's not a real physical fight?

BTW, does Benny boy pull it off? Personally, he looks kind of flabby. Daredevil has an olympian body.

OH OH OH, you know what book they should make into a movie? The Watchmen. I heard Edward Norton is trying to get it made, him playing Rorshach(sp?). Easily one of the best characters in comic book history.

ReaperFett
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:11:40 PM
At the time Sage, theyre not really fighting. It's hard to explain, but they're not exactly aiming to kill.

And I forgot Affleck was there. All I saw was Matty :D

J'hrea Alsac'lynol
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:20:10 PM
I think Afflek pulled it off, he's not too flabby..

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:36:07 PM
saw Matty too, never think of them as the real actor but who they play.....

Leeloo Mina
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:04:45 PM
I saw it, thought it was rather good.. maybe not god enough to see three times, Fett :mneh but still liked it

*pulls out her "Hey Zasz! DD kicked ***!" sign she had on the webcam* :mneh

Saw the Hulk trailer too.. it looks terrible.. HE LOOKS LIKE SHREK!! :cry:cry

ReaperFett
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:11:06 PM
Hey, might be four tommorow :)

Leeloo Mina
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:22:55 PM
:cry

ReaperFett
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:26:14 AM
Maybe in a few weeks...................five :)

Kelt Simoson
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:49:27 AM
Ingredients to a Daredevil thread.

Add a table spoon full of Reaperfett and a smidgen, JUST a smidgen of leeloo along with title about movies or even possibly if you don't have that an open thread will do, add a few slices of SPAM and you mix for no less than 2 to 3 min. Leave to set for a few moments and then hey presto you have another thread on daredevil...served chilled...:)

Leeloo Mina
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:25:02 AM
Don't forget we need someone pointing out that Fett and I are both in the thread :mneh

A few times I thought of Matty as Holden in Chasing Amy... but generally he pulled it off.

ReaperFett
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:06:22 AM
Didnt go for #4 btw. Bought the Marvel Legends figure instead, to go with Elektra :)

Sage Hazzard
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:11:49 PM
Ben Affleck has painted himself in a corner. He plays generally the same characters in each film. So I'm glad to hear he portrays such a deep character correctly.

Still, I have to say, why did they go with Daredevil? Why not another franchise before a Daredevil movie? Not saying I don't love the character, or that I don't think it's a good movie. It just seems to me, from a financial stand point, it'd be a better move to select a more popular comic to do a movie on. Though I'm glad they're taking chances.

Okay, if they don't make a Watchmen, Preacher, or Rising Stars movie/telivision series... I'm going to go ape. :lol

Aejin Rahn
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:15:57 PM
They did this to see if a name not as big as "Spiderman" or "X-Men", and "The Hulk" could do good at the Box Office. Surely if they went with a Hero not so well known they could do awesome with others right?

I think it was more to test the water with Comic Book Action hero's on film.

I think a Fantastic 4, or a new Superman, and even perhaps Silver Surfer would be awesome.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:43:36 PM
Fantastic 4 would be be an interesting movie.....

Leeloo Mina
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:43:44 PM
Hm.. Fantastic 4.. nah. Maybe a Silver Surfer movie, that might be cool to see.

I've been hoping they would make a new superman movie.. but I doubt it.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:44:43 PM
They have filmed superman to death!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:10:48 PM
Superman would be odd without Christopher Reeves though.....

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:19:07 PM
Yah Superman without Christopher Reeves, Is like giving Pee Wee Herman the part of Legolas in the third movie of LOTR.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:21:10 PM
:lol the horror!

Jamel Croko'yn
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:22:47 PM
I would like to see a Silver Surfer movie, that would be pretty cool--had to be alot of computer animation though, almost as perfect as Star Wars: Episode II

ReaperFett
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:16:01 PM
Still, I have to say, why did they go with Daredevil? Why not another franchise before a Daredevil movie?
Simple, the director. He pushed this through. Think how LOTR was only made due to Jackson. This was similar, except it was Johnson and Chris Columbus. Plus, because Daredevil is the best superhero :)

And Fantastic Four? Next year, with Ghost Rider and Spiderman 2. Iron Man the year after, possibly Daredevil 2 and Elektra.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:27:51 PM
cool!

Sage Hazzard
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:51:12 AM
Yo Fett, where do you get your movie news? I've been searching for a site to find junk like that. What's your source?

I heard Nicholas Cage wants to be Ghost Rider. That could be neat. I think Tom Cruise would be the perfect Iron Man, and I think he's being considered. Tony Stark is the prototypical playboy and Tom Cruise can nail that with his eyes closed.

I'd really rather not see a Fantastic Four movie until FXs are good enough to make Thing look and act right. Otherwise it'd be terrible. Everyone protaganist in that comic but Thing are boring.

Preacher, Preacher, Preacher, Preacher!!!!

Oh, and they should make a Batman movie before they make a Superman movie. I say they get the kid from Smallville. I mean, come on, all the people I've heard up for that role look around the same age as him. Cut his hair short and put a suit on him and he's Superman. I mean really, the Man of Steel wouldn't age that much anyway. I can't imagine wrinkles forming on him or anything. Make it Superman in his twenties, first gig on the Daily Planet.

ReaperFett
Feb 20th, 2003, 03:03:20 AM
superherohype.com

Cage is still in for Ghost Rider, and Cruise is the wanted gut for Stark.

Apparently, we should expect Kiether Sutherland and Di Caprio in Marvel movies soon. God knows who as :)

Oh, Punisher in 2004 too.

Sejah Haversh
Feb 20th, 2003, 03:13:54 AM
I wish they'd make a Green Lantern movie.... But, it needed to be made ten years ago, with Mel Gibson as Hal.

Oh well, I'm still hoping ther will eventually be an Usagi Yojimbo movie... It's a futile hope, but, I can still hope.

Sage Hazzard
Feb 20th, 2003, 03:19:59 AM
Punisher!!!! The Garth Ennis series is fantastic!

Maybe Di Caprio as Flash? With his body, I can't see him as any other Superhero. But it's a Marvel movie... Then I'm stumped.

For some reason, I want to say Nick Fury for Keither Sutherland. Only because of the voice. I think it'd fit.

Ooooh, I'll check out that site right quick.

::continues to chant Preacher and Rising Stars::

ReaperFett
Feb 20th, 2003, 03:25:02 AM
Also, although it is a general movie site and has as many false stories as true, aint-it-cool-news.com is another good pick.

Aejin Rahn
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:47:41 AM
The kid from Smallville pulls off Adolescent Superman VERY well. I was surprised we didn't see him get more violent when he got pissed off..

I would have been violent, mean, etc...

But that's why I'm not Superman, after all, I would be the villain. :)

I still think Silver Surfer would kick <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>!! I dunno if they have the right CGI for it yet, though.

Maybe they could somehow do the Infinity Gauntlet series...

Thanatos being mad evil and uber evil genius. With his 'Lady Death' telling him exactly what to do.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:30:03 AM
That would be neat! but ya...CGI would nead to get better.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Feb 20th, 2003, 03:08:20 PM
Originally posted by Aejin Rahn
The kid from Smallville pulls off Adolescent Superman VERY well. I was surprised we didn't see him get more violent when he got pissed off..

I would have been violent, mean, etc...

But that's why I'm not Superman, after all, I would be the villain. :)

:lol

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:45:44 PM
Why don't they make movies about comic book villain? there are a number of them that would be neat to see...

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:50:28 PM
Yeah, why dont they make a villian movie? That would be the coolest thing next to LOTR.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:57:03 PM
And Why aren't there more stupid heros..like in The Tick...Make a movie about Sewer Erchin!!

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:00:49 PM
They should make a Super Villian movie and have alot of Villians go and make trouble or plan aginst the super hero's....

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:11:17 PM
That would be cool!!

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:18:16 PM
Thats what I'm saying. They could make LOTS of movies like that. There only now realizing that. Starting with Spider man, the other movies I cant remember, and then there is the Hulk thats coming out and all the other movies......I CANT WAIT FOR THEM!!!

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:25:20 PM
It would be neat to see how they have the hulk transform.

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:29:26 PM
From what I saw it looks cool. AND HE IS BIG. I mean big. Bigger then what I thought he was.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:32:50 PM
Well thats what makes him so intimidating..

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:36:07 PM
Just cant wait for it to come out. And speaking of DareDevil, I didn't get to see the end...:cry

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:21:17 PM
I haven't seen it at all yet!

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:48:50 PM
"Well, thats almost as good as just seeing a PART of it. Will I was watching it with my brother and Aunty, the....power went out. NO, the movie didn't have a problem, the WHOLE STUPID BLOCK LOST POWER!!! So, street lights were out, and nothing close to the theater was working....and there was only like....30mins more to watch.....AAAHAHAHAAHAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:11:55 AM
Poor Rognan! I had the film cut out on me when I went to see episode 2 in the theater. It cut out half way through the big fight with the clones.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:51:47 AM
Who is "Aunty"? o_O

;)

Aejin Rahn
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:52:13 AM
Doing a movie only over Magneto would be awesome...

Rognan Dar
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:52:02 PM
The life of Magneto....hmm......Sound cool

Sage Hazzard
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:48:53 AM
Silver Surfer could be done. Just make a suit for a dude to wear. He wouldn't have to be CGIed. The stars and such would, but Star Wars did it pretty darn well(duh) so it could be done.

Okay, new news, Josh Hartnett is the leading canidate for Superman.... barf. I can imagine him trying to use heat vision, but burns his eyelids off because he's squinting all the damn time! Ugh. I heard, but am not sure, that Tom Welling is older than Josh Hartnett. So wouldn't that be moronic to disclude Tom Welling because he's playing young Superman? Really!

Oh and Batman should be played by Wes Bentley. Supposedly he's one of the canidates for year one. I think he was the creepy guy from American Beauty and I think he did greatly. The main reason he'd be great though is because he looks like Bats! Strong jawline, mysterious eyes, and a face that makes you think his brain is churning at all time. He could defiantly pull off Batman.

Aejin Rahn
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:46:36 AM
Tom Welling = best candidate for Superman. And if Lex Luthor is in it..

We have to have Michael Rosenbaum...else someone will die.