PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl (Loki)

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:26:33 AM
*Natia steps into the B&G, her lightsaber in hand which she hands to the guard at the door since she knows that she is not allowed to carry it with her in here. Dressed in a blue dress with a silver necklace. The door still held open by her foot, a white snowy owl flies in and lands on the back of a chair at an empty table. She walks gracefully to the bar and orders herself an ale. He eyes her for a moment and then asks if she's old enough for a drink. She responds with saying that she is old enough for a drink and that she wants her drink. After a moment, he reluctantly goes and gets her her ale which she pays for and takes to the table where the owl is.*

Well Poledra, here we are. Back at an old frequent stop of mine waiting for Loki this time.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:05:04 AM
Once Natia is seated, she is greeted by a familiar voice; it is warm and welcoming but comes not from in front of her, but from behind.

"Good afternoon, Natia." He smiled, sat in the seat directly behind hers. He had kept his head buried in a book when she arrived until she took her seat, they sat back to back in the establishment very familiar with them. It was the place they had first met and grown up together, that was until she had left. Now she was back and there were times like this when Loki was glad to not be facing her for he was wearing a big, pleased grin and would be embarrassed if she saw it. He straightened up and took on a mock serious tone.

"And since when did we engage in underage drinking, young lady?"

OOC: Roleplay note - this takes place in a timeline later to Loki's current one; he is fifteen years old here, as opposed to eleven.

<CENTER>http://www.andrew-milligan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/roleplaying/sigs/loki/activesig/learning.jpg</CENTER>

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:44:50 AM
*Natia partially turns in her chair to where Loki sat. With a smile upon her face, she reaches over and ruffles Loki's hair*

Hello Loki. What are you doing sitting behind me right now?? And what makes you think that I am engaging in underage drinking?? I've been drinking for years now. You should try an ale sometime. They serve a good one here.

Now come on Loki and move over here. Poledra's not wanting to move right now.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:03:05 AM
Allowing a smile at Natia's reference to the owl, Loki stood in agreement and took a seat opposite his friend at her table. They had both grown up and gone through a great deal and suffered their own trials and demons but they were the same people when they were with each other. She reminded him of who he was and right now that was the best thing in the word for him.

"I have had a go at the old liquor here once before--" He began, glancing over to the bar, then his eyes cast down a look of embarrassment came over him, his cheeks tainted a little red. He looked up and fumbled for words. "--If I could remember the night I would be sure to tell you what I thought of it."

There was a silence then they both laughed. He didn't exactly get into much trouble for it because he was young and naive, unaware of what effect the ale was having on him. Upon recalling the scenario, Anbira would simply shake his head and smile.

"But I was younger then!" He added in his defense. Now he was older but had learned not to dabble in things he wasn't allowed. Natia had grown up to and how! He remembered how pretty she was the last time they met, here again, when he first met Taja. Now she had truely blossomed and was very different, a young woman. "And so were you!"

"So how is your time at the temple going?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:49:43 PM
Perhaps you should try an ale in the near future, only this time, don't go over board and you won't have a problem.

*Natia said this with a smile on her face. It was in fact in this place where she had first met Loki and decided that she liked him, despite the fact that he was male. He still is, but her opinion of males has changed since then.*

We were younger then and we are still young. For that I am grateful. Though you have not matured as much as I have, no offense intended. I envy you Loki. You have had a chance to live a childhood. Whereas with me, I had to sit back and watch my childhood fly away from.

*Natia takes a sip of her ale after swatting at Poledra who tried to take a sip as well*

I will admit, I'm not spending much time at the temple. I'm just finding things a bit to hard there for me right now. Every time somebody looks at me, I think that they believe me an evil person who has no right to be there. But it's all probably just my imagination though.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 27th, 2003, 07:27:46 PM
"That's understandable." Loki answered with your average psychiatrist nod of understanding, he would feel the same way no doubt but put it down to his friend's discomfort and that it was probably causing paranoia. "Although if you do catch anyone looking at you try not to take it the wrong way; they are either trying to figure out who you are or why you have changed." He paused a brief moment then grinned boyishly and added, "Either that or they are just admiring how pretty you are."

This reminded him of what she had said before about him not being as mature as her and despite him being older than her this was probably true and he felt a little embarrassed. Perhaps his compliments came across as child-like and silly but it was too late to backtrack so he simply continued their discussion.

"You are mature, Natia, and moreso than I. You have had many scarring emotional experiences that have no doubt toughened you up to the world around you--" For a moment he was distracted by his own thoughts; his mind wandered to times filled with his own personal hardships and sorrow. He shook his head. "--But so have I and perhaps I am a kid but it's got me through everything so far."

"Now," The tone of his voice grew lighter again, "What did you have in mind for the night ahead? My bedtime is somewhat later than the last time we spent here."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:45:56 AM
*Natia smiles at Loki*

I'm not overly concerned about it right now. I'm finding it easier to think when I'm out of that place.

*Natia blushes ever so slightly at the compliment and lowers her gaze slightly, not at all thinking that it is from a kid, but rather, from a young man whom she really likes*

Do you remember when we first met?? My Mother suddenly got worried for your saftey because at the time I hated males with a passion, but I showed none of that hate to you. Do you remember that day??

And Loki, you are not a kid anymore, neither am I. What you are is a young man.

*Natia laughs lightly*

As for what I have planned for tonight, I'm planning on keeping you out past your bedtime and have a blast around town.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:23:06 AM
"Around town?" Loki repeated with a grin on his face, he could feel the rebel within him begin to stir. "Well then I guess that's an offer I can't refuse."

The padawan had never been particularly rebellious and whenever he did something that was considered wreckless he would put it down to his desire to do new things, see new place and meet new people. It was a very rare occassion if he ever did anything to test the water with the authority at the order. Even his drinking incident he had spoke about was nothing more than being curious about what a large Cizerack was drinking. Needless to say he didn't last two minutes.

"I remember back then, time has flown by and things were so much easier back then. It usually is when your a kid, everything appears simple and carefree. For the most of us anyway." He added being weary of the childhood Natia had suffered. She had matured, now her fear of men seemed to have diminished. Confidence oozed from her and it was appealing. Loki smiled.

"It's interesting to have watched you grow up. You've changed so much, yet your the same Natia. When I first saw you I was so excited, people my age around the order were few and far between. You were a breath of fresh air, and still are."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:49:09 AM
I know the feeling. You had been the first person around my age that I had seen.

*Natia leans forward towards Loki and whispers*

And just because I seem comfortable around males doesn't mean that I actually am. Though I am comfortable around you since you are a friend and have been so since I first arrived here many years ago.

*Natia sits back in her chair just as Poledra makes a bit of noise as a person bumbs into the chair that she's on*

Hush Poledra. You don't want to cause a scene, not here anyways.

Loki, only for the first bit of my life was I not carefree. After I arrived here though, I began to have what childhood I could when I couldn't be a kid.

Heck, even now I still have a hard time being my age. I just pray that I don't get into a fight late at night when I am going back home to bed. That would prove to be disastrous to me.

*Natia picks up her ale and has another sip of it*

Young and carefree. That's what we are supposed to be right now. We are young physically at least.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:51:49 PM
"You know, Natia." Loki began, his tone becoming a little more serious thus momentarily changing the mood of the discussion. "There's something that has had me puzzled since we met out on that rainy night not long ago. You mentioned we are at least physically young, that's true but you look so different."

His eyes moved steadily over her features, he was aware of the changes in girls when they became young women but had no idea it would be this drastic. Did all women look so different once they were older? Curiosity, that old vice, got the better of him.

"How come you look so different?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 15th, 2003, 07:40:08 PM
Ok, first to answer your unspoken question. No, not all women look so different once they get older. Oddly enough, I started looking like this since shortly before our little gathering.

*Natia takes a sip of her ale before answering Loki's spoken question*

As to me looking so different, that one's kind of hard for me to explain. The easiest way for me to explain it is I under went a transformation back on my homeworld. Enough of a transformation as to my not knowing where to go in life. None in my family would recognize me, my biological family that is. All that I know for sure about my transformation is the fact that my eyes are now brown instead of ice blue like I was born with, and my hair, instead of being blonde is now black with a white stripe in it. And it's not dyed.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 16th, 2003, 10:00:51 AM
"I still haven't got used to your innate telepathy." Loki laughed in response to her answering his puzzled thoughts. It took him a good few months to finally realise that his friend was telepathic after they'd first met. It comes as second nature to Natia to answer and respond to unspoken thoughts as well as the vocalised kind. The padawan nevertheless still found it suprising. He smiled in amusement. "I'm glad I have such a close friend who can help me understand women."

"It suits you." He observed, his big, blue eyes looking unflinchingly over her features. Seeing her had always helped calm him, she was pretty and confident. Loki reached out and between his fingers gently touched the white streak in her hair, he ran his finger through it with curiosity. That same comical look of confusion coming over his now matured face, his nose wrinkled a little and his eyes were narrow. "It looks good."

With a hint of pink coming to his cheeks, he retreated back into his chair once again and looked to Poledra to disguise his embarressment. His inhesitant honesty was still a big part of his personality, sometimes so much so that he found he said too much and left himself feeling a little awkward. Just like now.

"Well--" He added, breaking the moment of silence, "--I think if anything it is a good omen, signifies change and here's to a bright future."

He raised his recently arrived glass of water up in gesture of a toast and smiled.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:56:31 PM
*Natia shakes her head slightly at Loki's comment about her being telepathic. She then raises her glass of ale as she nods slightly*

Sometimes I wonder what I would do without you Loki, though you still haven't figured me out. I don't use telepathy to figure out some of your unspoken thoughts. It's your body language which I read. It's how I was raised.

And you have no need to be embarressed about being curious. And you have no reason to feel awkward about either.

*Natia takes a sip of her ale again as she looks at Poledra who jumps off the back of her chair and onto the table and positions herself to look at Loki. A smile coming over Natia's face*

You truly are one of the best friends a person could ask for Loki. You truly are.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 16th, 2003, 07:25:54 PM
"Yeah, but the skill you have is just as accurate as telepathy!" Loki protested with a laugh. Never did Natia fail to suprise the padawan, she had experienced such an eventful life even at such a young age and had acquired some impressive skills. To hear an eight year old girl react to things that were on your mind was astonishing, now she was older and her skills had only improved and like always, she was humble about them like they were common.

"And the feeling is mutual, Natia. I don't know what I'd do without your friendship. " Loki said openly, his hand outstretched and took hers in an intimate moment that only the closest of friends could share. Her skin was soft and warm to touch, the padawan smiled and looked to the curious owl.

"She looks so intelligent." His eyes narrowed as he leaned in closer to the feathered creature, the owl didn't move, it appeared that she knew that there was nothing to fear from the young man, then again Loki had always had a way with animals. "What about Poledra?" He asked out of the blue, bringing his hand back to take his glass, his eyes lifted to meet Natia's inquisitively. "Can you read her body language?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 17th, 2003, 09:05:41 AM
*Natia gets a smile on her face as Loki takes her hand in his*

If you know what to look for, you can read anybody or anything in the way of body language. But truthfully, I don't need to read her body language all that often. I just listen to what she says when she speaks. Poledra I've found has always spoken the truth about things. And as for her not moving away from you, she knows that I won't let anyone or anything harm her while she's with me.

Loki,

*Natia's voice takes on a serious tone which doesn't happen all tha often*

can you promise me something. Can you promise me that what ever happens in our lives, we will remain the best of friends??

*Natia's hand at this time drops out of sight under the table while she is looking Loki right in the eye. Loki can hear the sound of metal rattling under the table briefly*

I know I can promise that.

**Poledra at this time hops forward to Loki's glass and leans over to try and take a sip of his water**

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 17th, 2003, 12:12:12 PM
Allowing the snowy owl to drink for his glass, Loki slides it over to where Poledra wouldn't be in between himself and Natia, the owl follows and enjoys the water whilst the two friends chat. A look of amusement mixed with bewilderment creases Loki's features into a warm smile. He leans in once more.

"Natia, for as long as I have ever understood the concept of friendship is that it is unconditional and I would say the same of ours." A Jedi Knight walked by and it caught his attention for a moment, he stared at the robes that the woman wore and then at his own. "I'm training to be a Jedi, Natia, and love is central to the way we live. To promise anything less than my unwavering friendship to you would be against the code by which I abide. We will always be friends. Always, no matter what."

Sitting back in his seat once more, the young padawan took a datapad from a pocket on the inside of his brown robing. Attatched to it was a micromodem and he began typing, a playful smile creeping across his face. He looked up to his friend, not paying much mind to the gentle rattling beneath the table.

"The night is young, Natia, I say we get out of this place and make the most of it."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:43:00 AM
*Natia quickly finishes off her ale, believing that you never leave an unfinished good ale behind you when you leave a place*

Sounds good to me Loki. I'll let you pick the first spot that we head to tonight. Pick a place where you have only dreamed of going and we'll go there.

**Poledra looks up from Loki's water glass and hoots softly in agreement to heading out of here**

Sounds to me like Poledra is in agreement as well Loki.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 19th, 2003, 01:54:46 PM
"Good!" He answered, standing with a big, playful grin on his face. "Because I know of a great place to go."

Refusing to answer anymore of Natia's questions of curiosity, they headed outside but before they reached the street Loki looked at his clothes and sighed. Dusting off his beige tunic his frustrated face told the story but despite Natia's ability to read behaviour the young padawan took the liberty to vocally complain. "Blasted Jedi clothes! I don't want to go out this time of night dressed like this unless I have to, do you mind we make a quick stop back at the living quarters?"

She nodded and happily joined him on a trek with Poledra to the Jedi establishment not more than five minutes walk away. Although they were comfortable, he would rather wear his own clothes and especially for what he had in mind. Loki was no behaviour interpreter like Natia but his Jedi senses were finely attunted to human emotion and he laughed. "Alright, alright, I'll tell you!" A look of excitement came over him. "I wonder, have you ever been AG-Skating?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 20th, 2003, 08:56:10 AM
*Natia goes with Loki, Poledra perched on her hand, truly curious on where they will be going. Even after being told, she is curious*

I must admit, I have never been AG-Skating. And truthfully, I don't even know what AG-Skating is.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 20th, 2003, 11:15:09 AM
"Well--" Loki began, starting to laugh. "The AG stands for Anti-Grav, so it's Anti-Grav Skating. Don't worry, I've never done it before but I'm feeling adventurous. You still up for it?"

They talked some more, the young padawan very animated and clearly looking forward to the night ahead wondering if there was anywhere Natia would like to go tonight after some anti-grav skating. He didn't ask and they continued to walk until they arrived at their destination.

"Here we are. I'm just going to run up to my quarters to change into something more comfortable. I'll only be a minute and want you to think about where you want to go tonight while I'm away." He winked playfully then ran off into the living quarters.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:58:08 AM
Sounds like fun. And Loki, have you ever known me not to be adventurous. Now go get changed.

*Natia waits patiently outside the LQ for Loki to return after getting changed into comfortable clothing instead of the Jedi robes. While he's gone, she thinks back to all the fun she's had with Loki since meeting him and realises, that she has always worn a dress no matter what they do. And to go further then that, it has always been a blue dress. Loki has never seen Natia wear anything other then blue dresses*

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 27th, 2003, 06:31:02 PM
When he re-emerged, Loki was changed into a set of earthy brown clothes sent to him by his mother from Chandrila, the material was very comfortable and rather plain as was the style from the agricultural world. The young padawan was clearly more comfortable dressed in the loose fitting attire.

"Come on, Natia, the night is young!" He cried out from the top of the stairs leading up to the living quaters, which were few and jumping onto a handrail he sat and slid down to the bottom. Then siezing his friend by the hand pulled her off in the direction of the nearest line of waiting hovercabs, their running quickly came to a halt he having stopped dead in his tracks.

"How much do you trust me, Natia?" He asked, an excited look in his eyes as he nodded in the direction of a speeder bike rental kiosk.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 28th, 2003, 08:27:21 AM
*Natia gets a smile on her face as she sees Loki out of Jedi robes*

You look better this way Loki. You look much more natural and at ease with yourself. As for my trusting you, I'd trust you with my life. Lead on my friend.