PDA

View Full Version : It's all the same (open)

Rizel
Feb 16th, 2003, 10:26:57 PM
Rizel, since the beginning of her life, has been a resident of all the seedy clubs and dives the galaxy has to offer. Her father owned a club...he made her mother dance for it. He made her learn, since she was old enough to move her hips, how to dance. She's been working in the clubs since she was old enough to turn a man's head. This is her sixtieth club since she began work, and it's all the same. Nightclubs differ very little from planet to planet, culture to culture. The men are all the same, all drunk, all full of sexual tension, all with loaded wallets for her to deprive them of.

"Things never change..."

Blaine
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:44:06 PM
Perfect timing was everything. It was what Bryce Blaine lacked the most. Far away in the lonely dark streets, there was a young man, running with a big bag. Sirens were heard near as the local police persued him. The rush of adrenaline filled Bryce 'Cold' Blaine's veins. He ran, but could not lose the local police. But as he went into the darker zones of the area, he turned to enter an alley.

Alleys had always seemed to be the place he found refuge. It was where he grew up, and where he had seen the most horrible things happen. It was his home, but it was the place that had brought him the most misery. It was his paradise, but in the other hand it was hell. The old dirty alleys were significant in their own way.

He had lost them, at least for now. But as he rushed in to the alleys, he headed to the nearest door he could find. As he entered, he held his bag tightly. Cold heard music. The music was loud. He was sweating and breathing hard, afraid that they would catch him. Cold closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes. As he opened his eyes he saw a captivating dancer. Cold was not the type who really made a fuss about women, or that yelled out things for no reason. But this one caught his attention; she was different.

He wiped the sweat off his face with his sleeve. Cold was still a bit paranoid that anyone could enter and arrest him. Although he would try to fight his way through. Cold sat down on one of the chairs he found, observed the dancer, and ordered a drink. He had ended up in a club.

He was pretty close to the dancer and had heard her say something to herself.

"Things never change..."

Three words. Significant meanings. In ways she was right. The fact that Cold always found refuge in the alleys never changed. The fact that he was a thief only to become someone had not changed. The dreams that crossed through Cold's mind were of prosperity. But the nightmares that touched his soul ruined his life.

"Some people hate change." Cold replied.

Rizel
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:11:49 AM
Rizel takes the opportunity to have a seat herself...in his lap.

"I think I would like some change. What do you say, big guy?"

Amazing...as much as she'd like not to do this, she finds herself doing it anyway. So much for change.

Blaine
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:11:08 PM
Cold felt the dancer slip on to his lap, quietly. He wasn't surprised. This was what they were paid to do. The young Sith set his hand on her waist; something that didn't seem quite unusual. Hearing her words, Cold smiled.

"What do you have to offer?" Cold asked, playing along with her, still alert of the dangers that could suddenly arise.

Rizel
Feb 18th, 2003, 03:27:46 PM
Rizel guides her fingers lightly along his face, leaning close to whisper into his ear.

"Anything."

Blaine
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:18:12 PM
"Anything."

It was not the first time that a girl had offered herself to him. But this one was different. Why? She did it for the money. If Cold resorted to stealing valuable items to survive, it meant that he did it for survival. He didn't have money. Cold grinned.

"You don't like what you do, do you?" He murmured.

Rizel
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:12:50 PM
"Not at all...but it's all I can do. It's all I know..."

She leans against him, resting her head on his shoulder, heaving a tired sigh.

"It's all..."

Blaine
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:35:15 PM
"Maybe not." Cold said.

Cold kept looking around. He felt bad for the dancer. It wasn't unusual either. Where he grew up, the boys became drug addicts while women became prostitutes. He knew about the rough life. He lived it, everyday.

"....Have you tried anything else." He asked still holding her.

Rizel
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:47:24 PM
"I haven't been allowed to," she says breathlessly.

She kisses his neck lightly to tease him.

"Can you help me?"

Blaine
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:44:39 PM
It wasn't like Cold to help anyone. He was usually heartless about situations like this. There was also the fact that the local police was after him. But Cold knew that it wasn't easy on the streets.

"How do I know you're not tricking me into doing something?" Cold asked.

He knew most of the tricks, but one never knew when someone would try to do anything.

Rizel
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:03:55 PM
"What would I trick you into doing?" she counters.

Blaine
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:07:44 PM
"You never know." Cold replied, confidently.

He knew what he was talking about. Cold did not know whether he should leave her there, or to help her escape.

"Tell me a bit about yourself, and we'll see what we can do." Cold said.

Rizel
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:33:37 PM
She gets up and takes a chair. Sitting across from him is an alien feeling...it shows how accustomed she is to her job. Now to talk to him.

"Well...I..."

This is also hard to do. Men never want to know anything about her beyond her measurements and how she performs in bed. She takes a deep breath and puts her face in her hands. What should she say?

"My name is Rizel."

Blaine
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:13:32 PM
"How long have you been doing this?" Cold asked in monotone.

A few minutes had already passed since he lost the police, but he was still afraid that they would look for him. As strict as the law had gotten about robery, it made Cold a bit more paranoid. He had done this all his life, why was he more preoccupied now?

His dark eyes observed the girl. She was beautiful, but she had ended up in an undescribable hell. Perhaps it was because he could relate to her. From the handful of people he'd grown to meet in his neighborhood, they had all lived a life of poverty.

He held his bag tightly on his right hand, knowing that whatever he had stolen was of value.

Rizel
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:28:10 PM
"Dancing or seducing?"

In her mind, there is a distinct difference between the two, though dancing often runs hand in hand with seduction. She answers before he can speak up again, not wanting to lose her nerve.

"When I started to stand up on my own and walk, they started teaching me to dance. When I was old enough that men turned their heads when I passed them by, I was taught to seduce."

Blaine
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:40:58 PM
She was taught; she was forced. She had not had the freedom that could have been given to her. Cold paused for a moment.

"...So you've been doing this... almost all your life?"

It was a redundant question, but he was surprised. He threw a glance at the doorway. There was nobody there. Good.

Rizel
Feb 19th, 2003, 06:48:02 PM
"All my life..."

She lifts her head and looks at him.

"What are you being so paranoid of?"

Blaine
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:55:06 PM
"Nothing" he lied.

"What makes you think I'm paranoid?" Cold asked.

He'd never been like this. Maybe it was because he'd never stopped to converse right after completing a robery. He quickly went back to the subject before she responded.

"So if you get out of here, what are you going to do?"

Rizel
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:04:43 PM
"Figure out why you keep looking over your shoulder."

She eyes the bag.

"Stole something?"

If the club life has given her any skill, it's her perception.

Blaine
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:52:53 PM
"Maybe. Just a little something, nothing big." Cold said, when in fact it was pretty valuable.

"So tell me, what are you gonna do if you get out of here?" Cold repeated.

She'd noticed he was nervous. But this wasn't like him. He continued the conversation, waiting for her to answer.

Rizel
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:20:06 PM
"I...I don't know. Maybe I'd do what you're doing..."

Rizel is an excellent pickpocket. She has earned for herself considerably more money than her meager salary provides by these means. She'll probably end up living on the streets, doing that...

Blaine
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:54:31 PM
"That's the last thing I'd be doing if I were you." He said ironically.

But he was right. If it weren't for survival, he wouldn't be a 'thief'. He did this because he needed food, he needed to 'live'. The world was dangerous. Little did she know how dangerous it really was.

"Trust me... you don't wanna do..." Cold looked behind him.

It was an officer. He was talking to the tender in the back. He then looked at Rizel, held his bag tightly, and pulled her, dragging her with him. They headed to the back exit.

But as he did so, there was a guard, twice Cold's size that stopped them from exiting.

"Where are you two going?" The guard asked.

"Out." Cold told him.

The guard seemed confused. He looked at Rizel and said:

"You're a dancer; you can't leave. And if you wanna leave," the guard addressed himself to Cold, "you'll have to use the..."

Suddenly, the guard stopped. He seemed paralyzed. But what he didn't know was that Cold's bright red lightsaber had travelled inside the guard's stomach to exit through his back. Cold had killed the guard.

Cold held the hilt and deactivated it. The guard stumbled on the floor. Cold and Rizel hurried to the back door exit and began to run.

"Hurry." Cold said.

Rizel
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:17:59 PM
Rizel blinks as the guard drops. Who is this guy? But she's not questioning him; this is her shot. She follows, running at a pace to match his.

"What are you?"

Blaine
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:23:41 PM
"What are you?"

Cold ignored her for a few seconds. He pulled her once more as they turned to another alley. He stopped to breathe.

"I'm a Sith." Cold finally replied.

"All right then," Cold said, "I guess this is where you decide where you want to go."

It was odd for a Sith to be aiding someone. But she was an exception.

"I'll see ya around." Cold said, turning away from her, walking toward the dark alleys, carrying the bag on his back.

Rizel
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:29:21 PM
"Wait, you!"

Rizel stops him, catching a fistful of his sleeve.

Blaine
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:44:22 PM
Feeling a pull on his sleeve, he turned around.

"Hmm?"

Rizel
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:50:04 PM
Rizel takes his collar and pulls him to her, kissing him until she couldn't breathe. It's a genuine kiss, the first she's ever given. The dancer--former dancer, rather--pulls back with a coy smile.

"Thank you. Now go, before the police find you."

Blaine
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:00:54 PM
Cold felt the young dancer pull him closer to her. He felt her lips touch his and a kiss was given to him. Returning the kiss, they stopped.

She was different.

Cold knew this. He smiled back at her.

"Anytime."

He started to pace away quickly before the police would be able to get near where they were. Eventually they would find the corpse of the guard.