PDA

View Full Version : Wandering... (open)

Nyah Torins
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:14:58 PM
She was lost; horribly. Her time spent on Arcan IV had been nothing but a terrible experience. She'd come in on a freighter, needing to leave the planet she'd once called home; leaving a man she thought she loved. But, Vladek Torins had seemed to retreat into his own world, and it was all she could do to talk to him and have him respond to her. And so, she'd left. Left everything behind in the hopes of finding a new life. Nyah had hoped that Arcan would provide that; in an 'out of the way' sort of sense. She didn't think Vladek would come looking for her, and so far he hadn't.

... too wrapped up in his research...

The clouds hung low in the early afternoon, and Nyah trudged through the streets towards what looked to be a local bar, her mind far away and her eyes downcast as she seemed to stare at the ground as she walked.

Her hand reached out then, and lifting her eyes up, she pushed the door to 'Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill' open. Letting her eyes adjust to the dimmer lights, she stepped inside fully, and lifting her hands to the door guard to indicate she caried no weapons, Nyah headed for the bar...

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:10:56 PM
The young magician Soen sits at the bar with a menu card standing before him. He reads the menu once...twice...three times. His stomach growls and makes a slight whine.

"Quiet..." he says quietly. "I can't afford anything..."

Seeing Nyah's approach, he folds the menu and scoots it to her.

"You can make better use of it than I."

Nyah Torins
Feb 16th, 2003, 09:53:51 PM
Nyah only looked to the man who'd slid the menu to her, and with a simple nod, accepted it silently. Sliding up onto the barstool, she opened the trifold up, and letting her gaze travel the length of the pages, gave up before ordering a glass of Cathar gin. She wasn't hungry anyway, and only sought to spend however much time she wished nursing a glass of alcohol.

She slid the menu back to the man. "Thanks; not very hungry."

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:03:49 PM
"That's good..."

His stomach burbles louder than before and he takes the menu back, staring folornly at the contents of it with a heavy sigh.

"What's your name?"

Nyah Torins
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:25:50 PM
Her gin set before her, Nyah cast a sidelong stare at the man beside her as he asked his question.

"Nyah," she said simply, taking a sip of her drink. It blazed a trail of fire down her throat, and she lightly set the glass back down on the bartop with a dull thunk.

"Nyah Torins."

Her head rose a little in questioning. "You... ?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:42:56 PM
"...Soen..." he says hesitantly.

When she had first said 'Nyah', he thought she was taunting her.

"Where are you from?"

Nyah Torins
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:00:20 AM
Resting her elbows on the bartop, Nyah let out a sigh.

"Cathar," she said quietly, remembering the planet she'd once called home. Even though she wasn't a part of the cat race that dominated the world, she'd still been born there, and had even married one of the felinoids. At first it'd been wonderful; a storybook marraige. And then...

Nyah shook her head. "Just Cathar. Not too glamorous a place... "

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:06:42 AM
"I've never heard of that planet. I'm from Coruscant. It can't be much better than your Cathar."

His stomach makes a hollow squirting sound.

"Root stew..." he says with a longing sigh.

Nyah Torins
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:19:27 AM
A single eyebrow rose at his last words, but Nyah chose to ignore his occaisional conversation with his stomach.

"It wasn't that Cathar was not enjoyable; the planet itself is gorgeous; exotic... the people are wonderfully ecclectic. It's a beautiful planet."

She took another sip of her drink.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:26:47 AM
"Coruscant sucks. There's nothing beautiful about it...the only plant life is in these giant domes, and even half of it is artificial..."

He digs in his pockets and counts his credits, checking against the price of the root stew.

"Three credits short..."

He pockets the money and frowns.

"What are the people like?"

Nyah Torins
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:37:09 AM
"Exotic," was the only word that came from her mouth as she dug into her back pocket, and pulling a five credit bill from her money clip, dropped it on the bar in front of him.

"Order your food," she said simply; though not unkindly. Even though she didn't have too awful much to spare, Nyah had no problems giving when she felt the desire.

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:41:17 AM
Soen's smile broadens.

"For real? Gee, thanks!"

The bartender takes the money and places a bowl of steaming hot stew and a glass of water before the magician; he's been listening to the poor kid since he got in twenty minutes ago. Soen eats happily, and makes his next statement with a full mouth.

"Sho, ifsh thish yer firtht time here?"

Nyah Torins
Feb 17th, 2003, 12:53:01 AM
Eyeing Soen, Nyah went back to her gin.

"Yes, it is. Not a very pleasant trip, but educating none-the-less."

She finished the glass, declining a refill before asking pointedly, "Why did you come in here if you had no money?"

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:00:05 AM
"To try and make some."

He makes a gesture and his spoon disappears. A similar gesture with his other hand and the spoon is back in his hand.

"I'm a magician. I do parlor tricks mostly; sometimes people will give me change and stuff for my performances. It doesn't make much though."

He doesn't dare mention his second magic skill. He'd rather no one knew it.

Nyah Torins
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:09:04 AM
With a shrug, she only sighed.

"To each their own," she said plainly, "... you do what you gotta do to live."

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:13:04 AM
Her last statement wipes the smile from his face.

"Yeah...I guess so."

He really should use his other abilities to his advantage. He could make so much more money by doing so...as a bounty hunter or a bodyguard...but it's not him. And his powers are so frightening to those around him that they quickly shun him. He doesn't want to be alone.

"So what do you do to live?"

Nyah Torins
Feb 28th, 2003, 12:29:48 AM
"Me?" she hesitated for a few minutes, trying to think of how to word her explanation.

"Well, I... don't really do anything right now... "

Soen Spellflinger
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:53:11 AM
Soen nods, picking at his stew with less energy than before.

"Mm...yeah..."

He sighs, trying to think of something else to talk about.

"Do you like kids?"

Nyah Torins
Apr 27th, 2003, 06:20:41 PM
The questiion caught heer off guard a little, and she looked Soen with an odd look before answering.

"... I suppose... don't have any to really base a real opinion from."

Soen Spellflinger
Apr 27th, 2003, 06:58:08 PM
"I like 'em. They're always enthusiastic when they see me. I do magic tricks, and the parents often tip me for keeping their children out of trouble...sort of like a babysitter, except I work in the park, rather than going to houses."

Nyah Torins
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:35:38 PM
A single eyebrow rose, and Nyah took a brief moment to watch the kid as he ate.

"You should start a daycare then," she said simply.