PDA

View Full Version : In Search For A Room

Shandri La
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:18:12 PM
Dressed in a simple white dress with white shoes, a gold belt, and a gold necklace, she enters the Living Quarters for the very first time. Her eyes are brown as well as her hair which is tied back in a partial braid and ended with a gold band. In her hand she carries a white cloth bag as she walks down the hall looking for a room where she can stay. Though one stipulation she has for a room is it can not be near a door leading outside the Living Quarters. So she wanders looking for a vacant room.

Rognan Dar
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:05:54 PM
Rognan entered the LQ, returning to his room. He walked in slowly, not in a hurry to be anywhere, and mostly to see if there was anyone to meet on the way. Just as he hoped, he did see someone he didn't know. It was a figure dress in white, much like himself. Rognan was in a white Jedi garment and as he aprouch he said in a calm voice.

"Are you lost, mis?"

Shandri La
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:58:26 AM
Turning quickly when she hears a voice ask her if she's lost, she does a very slight curtsey.

"No sir, I'm not lost. I'm new to the Order and am trying to find myself a room which isn't near a door leading outside. The farther away from a door leading outside, the better. Do you think Sir, that you might be able to help me?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:51:03 PM
Rognan smiled.

"Yes, of course I can help you. So, you want to be farther away, huh? That shouldn't be a problem. There are not much people deeper in the Living Quarter, but still some. Now, if you will follow me, I will help you find a room, mis...." He said, starting down a hall.

Shandri La
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:11:49 PM
"Shandri La. Though you can call me Shandri. I greatly appreaciate the help Sir."

Shandri goes to follow Rognan down the hall.

"So if I may ask Sir, what is your name?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:02:50 PM
"My name, if you must know, is Rognan Dar." He said as he continued down the hall. "So, where are you from?"

Shandri La
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:01:27 PM
"I am from the planet Tekita in the Teki system. It is a marvelous place to go. Crystal clear lakes, rivers so clear that they are like a mirror. Though that beauty is now scarred by the Sith being there. My ppl are so peaceful and agreeable, we have had many different rulers over the past 50 years. But never before has one of my kind been forced to flee our home.

I'm sorry if I'm boring you, but I have no one else to talk to right now and I am desperate to talk with someone."

Shandri walks in silence for a couple of steps before continuing to speak.

"Someday I shall return to my home and continue with my duties which I left behind, but I have to keep to my main duty right now."

Rognan Dar
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:27:39 PM
"I dont mind you telling me, just lets me know more about you, and that is something that I never tire of." Rognan said with a smile. They came to what Rognan knew as the back of the Living Quarter. It was quiet, almost to quiet back here.

"Is this far enough away or would you like to be a little closer to everyone else?"

Shandri La
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:51:09 AM
With a smile on her face, she takes a quick look around.

"This would be fine, though I would have no objections being closer to everyone else. That way if I do need some help with something, help can show up quickly.

Lord Rognan, if I may ask, what promted you to join the Jedi?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:09:38 PM
"Please, just call me Rognan or Rog if you want, most people do." He said as he started head back, getting to a more populated area.

"What promted me, huh? Hm..." There was a pause as Rognan thought about the question. Finally. after a moment he answered. "I guess the reason I joined was...was because I wanted to be of some use to the galaxy, to help out in anyway that I could. I guess that why most others join the Order, to help those that can not help themselves."

Shandri La
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:21:56 PM
"As you wish Lord Rognan.

Wishing to help others is always a good thing, though it's not always easy, especially if you have another commitment which you have to do."

Shandri moves her bag to her other hand and stretches out the hand that was carrying the bag.

"I want to help my ppl out. I don't like the idea of them being under Sith rule, but that is what it is there right now, but someday that will change. Someday I will go home and return the treasure to its rightful spot, and I will convince the Sith to leave my home so my ppl can live in peace again."

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:36:38 PM
"And how would you 'convince' the Sith to leave? They dont just listen to anybody, or a Jedi at that." They came to a part of the Living Quarter that was populated, but not crowded. There were several door that were wide open, waiting for someone to enter.

"Well...choise a room, there up for the grab."

Shandri La
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:53:01 AM
"I do not know, Lord Rognan, how I would convince them to leave. All I know is that I can not let them stay and rule my ppl. But with the skills I hope to learn here, I hope to convince the Sith that it would be a good idea to leave my home because I have a wish to able to be there again."

Shandri goes and enters several of the rooms and finds the one which has the least in it. A bed, a dresser, a small kitchenette, a table and two chairs.

"I think that I shall choose this room if that's alright with you sir. Though would it be a problem if I got a bit of help in rearranging my room slightly?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:41:12 PM
"I agree that they should not stay there. And, not to be rude, one little girl aginst most likely more then one Sith, is not a good idea." Rognan followed Shandri as she entered and exited rooms until she found the one she wanted.

"Sure, I help you out. What do you want moved around?"

Shandri La
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:00:42 PM
Smiling, she looks at Rognan and shakes her head slightly.

"A single person is sometimes more powerful then a whole army. And I am hardly a little girl. I have been in my job since the age of thirteen. Then, I was a little girl, but not now. I have four years of experience at dealing with difficult ppl, I imagine I would just have to work harder to get the Sith to leave. The treasure must be restored to its home."

Shandri walks over to the bed in the room and shakes her head.

"Lord Rognan, could you help me move the mattress of the bed and help me to disassemble the bed. I only need a mattress to sleep on.

I will do whatever I have to do to fulfill my duties. And part of my duties is to make sure that there is no threat to the treasure when it is home and home is where it belongs."

Rognan Dar
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:06:30 PM
"If you dont mind me asking, what is this treasure you speak of." Rognan moved over to the bed, and started to lift up the mattress. "You only sleep on a mattress? Why not just use the bed?"

Shandri La
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:11:27 PM
Again, a smile on her face as she looks at Rognan as the two of them go to move the mattress.

"I only sleep on a mattress because a bed is not allowed in the treasure room and I am to keep the treasure safe so I must sleep in the same room as it. I would not feel comfortable sleeping on a bed now since I've been sleeping on only a mattress for 4 years now.

As for what the treasure is, I will not tell unless the person I am telling promises to help keep it safe while I am here. It is a reason for keeping the treasure safe. If ppl don't know what the treasure is, they don't know what to steal."

Rognan Dar
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:16:16 PM
"I can keep a secret, but as for protecting it...I dont know who I would protect it from. You are safe here is all I can say. I dont think anyone would dare to come in this place." He said bringing the mattress onto the floor.

Shandri La
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:15:19 PM
"Basically Lord Rognan, I have to protect the treasure from anyone or anything that would harm, destroy, or steal it. My life is sworn to keeping it safe and when I get old, my life is forfeit when I can no longer do my job, therefor resulting in me being killed and a daughter or grandaughter of mine would take on the task, depending on the age of them.

I hope you understand the reason why I can only tell those who promise to help me keep it safe while I am here. Mainly from the Sith is who I have to keep it safe from right now."

Shandri, after the mattress is on the floor goes to start disassembling the bed frame so it can be moved out of the way.

Rognan Dar
Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:01:01 PM
"Oh, yes. I completely understand. ThoughI think it harsh to just kill someone when there use is up."

He, too, moved to the bed frame, though he was no enginer, and not that there was a need for one, but to what he saw, this frame might need some tools to disassemble.

"It seems there was some screws or something like them. Would you excuse me to go get some tools of some sort?"

Shandri La
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:07:47 AM
"It is perfectly reasonable in this case to kill someone where there use is up because when I am old and no longer capable of doing my job, I need to pass it onto someone who is capable of doing that. But you see, as long as I am alive, I am the one to protect the treasure. If it were to be stolen, then I would have to retrieve it, if it were damaged, I would have to do my best to mend it. An old person could not do that. There can only be one Guardian of the Treasure at a time. I was to young for the job when I took it, but I had other choice. My Mother and sisters where dead."

Shandri looks at the bed and sighs as she sees that Rognan is right so she nods her head.

"As you wish Lord Rognan."

Rognan Dar
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:32:27 PM
Rognan leaves the room and stops on the halls. Where would one find tool, he thought to himself. So, he just started walking for the exit of the LQ and then went to the warehouse, or something resembling a warehouse. There, in the warehouse, was extra pieced of furnature, and other household things. Maybe there are some tools here. He went looking around and found a collection of all sorts of diffrent kinds of tool. All that he remembered that he needed was a wierd looking screwdriver. So he pick up one, for good measure he picked up another one, then he headed back to the room, losing his way twice. When he entered the room Shandri was in the same spot when he left.

"I found some!" He said happily. Then went to the bed and handed her one of the tool, he then set to work.

"OK, back to what you last said. If you are old I agree that you should be incharge of protecting this...treasure, but you should be able to...retire or something."

Shandri La
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:49:31 AM
"I do wish that were so because I have every desire to die of old age. And I would have been able to if I had not have had to accept this duty. My life is sworn to keeping the treasure safe. If I can no longer perform my duty, then my life is forfeit."

Shandri takes the tool that was handed her and also gets down to work on disassembling the bed.

"For the Guardian of the Treasure, our retirement is death. It has been so for many generations and the females in my family have come to accept this as a part of life. All that is except for me. I was supposed to have lead a 'normal' life since I was not the one who was supposed to take on this duty. My twin sister was supposed to since she was the older out of the two of us."

Rognan Dar
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:53:16 PM
"What happend to your sister then? And do only females gaurd the treasure?"

Rognan took a few screws out and was going for more.

Shandri La
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:04:11 AM
"My Mother and my sister had gone out for a couple of minutes to buy some groceries for the three of us. I was left behind to fill in for my Mother while she was away. On their way to the grocery store, the speeder that they were in got hit by another. Both my Mother and twin sister died.

And yes, only females guard the treasure since it was a female that made it possible for our ppl to have the treasure."

Shandri by this time has removed a few screws from her side of the bed frame and continues to remove the others.

"All the Guardians of the Treasure are supposed to know our lineage, but I never had a nack for learning names of dead ppl in my family. My sister though learned all of the names in about 3 months. And that's alot of names."

Rognan Dar
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:13:16 PM
"I'm sorry to hear about your family." He was silent for a moment, not know what else to say.

"I must tell you, not know what this treasure is, is driving me crazy, though I know that if you tell me I will have to help you with it, not that I wouldn't, just I dont know if I should get caught up in it."

Rognan had taken enough screws out to take a piece off the bed frame which was a bad idea. Without the suport of the one piece he took off, the bed started to collaps. He grabbed the bed and held it still.

"Uh......just take off that side and we'll go from there." He said with a smile.

Shandri La
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:59:05 AM
"Just while I am here, am I asking for help in protecting it."

Shandri quickly finishes removing the screw that she was and goes to move the one side that is ready.

"It is all up to you on whether or not you decide to help me protect the treasure. I would appreciate the help, but I shall never force anybody into doing something that they don't want to do. Basically, if it looks like I need help in protecting the treasure from somebody who would steal, or damage it, I would ask for help if you were nearby and knowing that I would be able to count on you to come and help. That is all that I would ask for somebody to promise."

Rognan Dar
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:57:41 PM
"Well, I would do that anyway, so then I guess I could promise you that. So, now that thats out of the way....what is the Treasure then?"

Rognan couldn't stop asking about it, he just wanted to know what it was.

Shandri La
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:09:52 AM
With a nod of her head, she puts down the tool that she is using and walks over to where she put down her bag. She picks up the bag, walks over to the door and closes it. After doing that, she walks back over to the partially dissassembled bed and opens up her bag and rumages around through the things that are in there. Basically changes of clothes for her. After a couple of seconds, she pulls out a small wooden box about six inches cubed.

"I will ask that you refrain from touching the treasure. It is supposed to be only the Guardian and the members of Royalty that touch it. Can you also promise me that you won't touch it?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:45:54 PM
"Unless it is in a manner of protecting it, I will not touch it."

Shandri La
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:34:13 AM
With a nod of her head, she sits down on the floor and opens up the box. She then carefully pulls out a sphere, a crystal sphere that has a slightly glow around it.

"This Rognan, is the treasure that my life is sworn to. If anything were to happen to it, my life would be forfeit. If it is stolen, I have to retrieve it and return it to its rightful spot."

Shandri carefully holds the crytstal up, its diameter is four inches. She holds it up to her face, and if you look closely enough, you would be able to see small figures moving about inside it.

"This is what is so dear to my ppl, dear enough to have a guardian to protect it. Who's only job is to protect it."

Rognan Dar
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:37:31 PM
Rognan looked at the sphere, it was a huge crystal, one of extraordanary beauty.

"Wow, you have to protect that? And whats that thing that looks like a person inside it?" Rognan tried to get a better look at what was inside.

Shandri La
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:50:04 AM
"Careful Lord Rognan, you don't want to get lost inside the crystal. I'm afraid that I do not know what is inside this crystal. That information has been lost through the years.

Yes, this is what I have to protect."

Shandri lets go of the crystal while looking at it and the crystal hovers where it is for a moment before she takes it in her hands again.

"As you can see, it has some special qualities. I only know a couple of them, my Mother knew at least most of them, so did my twin sister."

Rognan Dar
Mar 1st, 2003, 04:48:17 PM
Rognan was surprised that the crystal didn't fall.

"And how did you learn of its 'qualities?' Or has that been pasted down from the first protector of it?"

Shandri La
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:00:48 AM
A slight nod of her head and then a slight shake of it answers Rognan's question.

"It has been passed down through the generations. My Mother deemed it necessary for me to know at least a few of the qualities, but not all. And now, most of the knowledge about this crystal is gone. All because of one little accident."

Shandri goes to gently place the crystal sphere back in its box and closes the lid properly.

"That is what my life is sworn to protect."

Rognan Dar
Mar 2nd, 2003, 08:24:40 PM
After the crystal was put back he went back to taking down the bed. He picked up the screwdriver like tool, and took the last screw out. Then but the pieces of the bed on the floor.

"How do you protect it, just with your hands? And what do you want me to do with the frame?"

Shandri La
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:02:55 AM
"I protect the crystal any way I can. I actually never have had to defend the crystal before because it was kept in a locked room where only myself and three others had keys to get into it. But I do have some tricks up my sleeve in order to protect it if I ever need to."

Shandri looks around the room and points to a corner.

"Over there shall be fine for the frame for now. I'll decide what to do with it later."

Shandri picks up a piece of the frame and starts to move it over to the indicated corner.

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:03:27 PM
Rognan moved what was left of the frame to the corner.

"Well, after your done learning to become a Jedi, I would think that you would have more 'tricks' up your sleeve."

Shandri La
Mar 3rd, 2003, 07:08:15 PM
"After I'm finished learning all that I can here, after I'm a Jedi Knight which I hope will happen one day, I will have more 'tricks' up my sleeve. Things which will help me do my job better and be able to help others."

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:56:01 PM
"Yes. I, too, plan to use my knowlege of the Fore to help others. I wouldn't want anyone to have to live like I did. I would put a end to it if I could."

Shandri La
Mar 4th, 2003, 08:55:39 AM
"We both are lucky Lord Rognan. We are both getting an oportunity(sp?) to learn here so we can put what we learn to use elsewhere. Not everybody gets a chance like this. I know I never would have had this chance if the Sith hadn't have come to my homeworld and decided to rule there."

Rognan Dar
Mar 4th, 2003, 04:06:18 PM
"And if you hadn't come here I would have never met you and see that beautiful crystal.

So, will there be anything else you might need?"

Shandri La
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:25:13 AM
With a shake of her head, she answers Rognan's question.

"No Lord Rognan, there isn't anything else I'll need right now. Thank-you for the help you have given me. It is greatly appreciated, though I do wish I could repay your kindness."

Rognan Dar
Mar 8th, 2003, 05:57:58 PM
"Hey, dont worry about it. I love helping people, weither I get something back or not. But if you really want to go ahead, I just cant think of anything right now."

Shandri La
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:26:02 AM
"I shall find some way of repaying your kindness Lord Rognan. You have helped me out when you didn't need to, and for that, I shall repay you. Though if you do need something, please, feel free to just ask."

Rognan Dar
Mar 9th, 2003, 05:27:24 PM
"Alright. If I need something I'll tell you. Now, I will leave you to settle into your new room. Until the next time we meet." With that said he bowed and exited the room, going back to his room.